CB&I Employee Reviews in United States

Widget Factory
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Watched CB&I go from a engineering and construction company to a dysfunctional widget factory. They are no longer an EPC (Engineering, Purchasing and Construction) but a PC (Purchasing and Construction) company.

CB&I does not respect their engineers. Anyone can be an engineer at CB&I. You do not even need a engineering degree. All you have to do is shuffle paper for purchasing. It is disgraceful for the engineering profession.

Managements tries to blame the employees for their lack in organization skills. CB&I has turned into a cluster, kind of like a zoo. Everything is a crisis and we need to have a meeting about it right now.

If you are a self respecting engineer, would not recommend CB&I. If you just want a paycheck, CB&I can give you that.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor Management
typical large scale construction job
QC Mechanical and Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 3, 2015
This one of two new nuclear construction jobs being built in the US. It is a very large scale project with a lot of learning curves, overall the company is trying to the best they can with little experience since this is the first new construction in thirty years. I will say they are building this to last! Never seen so much rebar in all my life!
Great Company that cares about it's employees
Electrical Design Tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 2, 2015
All tools to complete your job are provided. Each employee is given the tools & opportunity to research & try to solve a problem on their own before going for help. This allows the employee to grow & learn more.
Pros
Great work schedule
Loved working for them!
SITE SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAOctober 31, 2015
Great company to work with. Amazing opportunities to advance as well as learn. They even have an internal university to take advantage of.
Pros
Cons
Difficult to get in touch with Corporate
Lead Mechanical Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked along side with to accomplish difficult task and overcome challenges
Fast Paced construction
Area Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 17, 2015
The best part of the job is the required Teamwork to complete a task. All of our scopes are very challenging. The environment is always changing causing the Construction depart to adjust quickly.
Safety cultured, good management
Lead Piping Planner (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALOctober 16, 2015
Good management, safe work place, benefits were above average.
jobs were well planned out and all special tool needs were provided.
Intregity, Commitment and Excellence
Cost Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York City DEP, Newtown Creek, New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
Currently responsible for preparing schedule analysis on baseline re-forecasting and monthly updates schedules. Provide cost control; ensure cost/budget reports and document management requirements. Provide management support for projects and assignments. Project cost forecasting & estimating, tracking and analyzing expenditures. Keeping track of all actual cost and periodic targets and preparing cost reports. Reconcile A/P, A/R and bank account and prepare monthly presentation for NYCDEP/Joint Venture board members
Pros
Advancement in position, healthcare, job placement
Cons
N/A
productive, fun, and comfortable
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  lake charles, LAOctober 14, 2015
great company to work for. co-workers are easy to get along with and very helpful when you need help or have questions. consistant with all aspects of safety.
Pros
great staff
Cons
short contract
Cb&I
Rigger (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 11, 2015
CB&I is a great company and found that the up management will take the time to help one of the workers to advance within the company.
CB&I also strongly believes on their Safety program. They are looking everyday to find a better and safer way for their employees to go home each and every day.
Benefits
Cons
Locations of jobs

Want to know more about CB&I?

Ask a question
productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 6, 2015
this companies has an open door policy and willing to listen and work with any problems that may come. this companies does has some work to do but in all aspects I would like to obtain an career.
Pros
work ethics
Cons
liable information
high work flow everyday chemical productions
Operator (Current Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 29, 2015
CB&I is a contractor company which has over 27,000 empolyees world wide. i am a contractor-operator on the Evonik industries site in Theodore, Al. 36582. the contractor form a generic procedure for the perparing of bags, filling of bags with various chemicals that forms a powdery flake. a typical day is very demanding in which we produce high volumes of pallets of bags for every day use of life.
Great
security (Former Employee) –  baton rouge, LaSeptember 29, 2015
Good environment, great pay, benefits and opportunity to advance. The employees are easy to work with at times competitive but all natural in advancing.
Productive Workplace
Lutech Contractor Services (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Very friendly coworkers and feel like a valued member of the team. - Everyone is willing to help. - Friendly atmosphere to work in. - Great starting salary - Part of a historic project
Great company to work for.
Site Superintendent/Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CASeptember 25, 2015
CBI is a very large company that takes care of it's employees. The job I was on was very challenging. It is the decommissioning and demolition of a nuclear power plant. CBI takes safety very seriously and this is an important aspect of any employer. I appreciated that.
Pros
Good benefits. Great people!
Shop
Helper (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 12, 2015
The shop is definitely an interesting place to work. Unfortunately, it does need some updating equipment wise. The shop is going through some changes right now, and waiting to see what happens.
Pros
Definitely a place for a "green" hand to learn a craft.
Cons
They don't show much appreciation for the employees who are loyal and try to be more diversified.
Very safe work enviroment
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCSeptember 9, 2015
We started the day with a job safety analysis before any work was performed, I learned the importance of safety. I coached many coworkers ensuring their safety as well as mine. Management valued the safety of all workers.
Pros
I was an local employee
Cons
working in cold/hot weather
Productive and Safety is number 1
Safety Specialist MaintenanceWorkCapital Projects (Current Employee) –  Metropolis, ILSeptember 7, 2015
Productive and Safety the number one priority. In the Nuclear business safety is always first so Honeywell strives in the knowledge and attaining our number 1 goal in 0 work accidents and incidents.
Pros
excellent pay, great benefits, great people to work with
Cons
live to far from where I grew up from
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 4, 2015
New rules and less communication about the rules. Hearing the new rules through gossip and then being written up and suspended for no apparent reason.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
poormanagement, no communication
Great opportunity to learn the newest generation of nuclear energy.
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GASeptember 1, 2015
Fast paced work at times, you have to be on your game always. There are some great people to work with out there that you can learn a lot from. Overall it's a great experience.
Pros
Great opportunity to travel and great experience in this line of work.
Cons
Site is not very close to any major cities so you have to be willing to travel a little.