CB&I Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the time with the company
War Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  GGNS Port Gibson, Ms.June 15, 2015
Worked on support items for the War Room Supervisor. Helped plan packages for the Carpenters and helped the Field Engineers and Superviors with various support items needed.
Great Management
Certified Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Delcambre, LAJune 10, 2015
Excellent atmosphere. Management really understands its team and does there best to keep everybody working even when work is slow.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Pay
Great Job
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Grover, NCJune 7, 2015
The hardest part was the chemical elements. The best part was everybody worked as a team. Co-workers worked well together. I learned how to fill out the proper paperwork to get the job done.
Fast paced work environment where multi-tasking is a MUST
EMT Security Lead (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 7, 2015
Chemical Industry that is very fast paced and keeps me on my toes. I am a security lead as well as an EMT. At any given time throughout my shift the alarm can sound and I have to respond not knowing what I am getting into or severity of injury. While in the office I have to be able to multi-task. Answering phones, transfer calls greeting guests, vendors, and drivers, making sure all individuals sign in on the log properly, administer a safety video, check paperwork to that in the computer, radio communication, monitor employees, and respond to emergencies.
Pros
Fast paced, day goes by fast
Cons
No break
good learning experience
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCJune 3, 2015
good learning experience. a lot of training classes.
ability to travel to different places around the world and meet new people
Working at CB&I
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 3, 2015
I enjoy working at CB&I. They've taught me multiple things such as driving a roller, haul truck. I get along with my co-workers and my supervisors very well.
productive cwi inspector
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2015
Resourceful and reliable quality control and certified welding inspector with over 10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. Backed by strong credentials and a proven history of on-time, on-budget and high-quality project completions. Strong team member, equally successful working in small or large groups. Clear communicator with interpersonal skills to work effectively with coworkers, management, and customers.
Willing to Travel.
Communicate with many people from all of the mid - west and central United States. Offer the best deals to get the order.
Business Development Rep III (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKMay 18, 2015
I have learned many new skills by working in this postition of Business Development Rep 3. Customer's call for price and delivery on stainless/chrome pipe and fittings. If the price is good they send the order in. If we do not have what they need, we will find it for them.
Productive Fast Paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearfield,UTMay 12, 2015
Fast paced & demanding.
Steel types, shipping and safety environments.
Hard working management & very dedicated.
Good co-workers.
How demanding it is. I take it personal if we don't meet the numbers.
My Co workers are the best part of my job.
Pros
Daily Challenges.
Cons
Demands made to meet commitments.
Good place to work if your young
Full Time 40+hrs. per week (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 10, 2015
Very good job, fun people to work around. I work a schedule of 4/10s from 6:30 to 5:00, and have Fridays off every week. That is pretty much it.
Great Company
Mechanical Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMay 5, 2015
Great project to work on. Operating nuclear plant. Had to work within schedule and under budget. Company took care of their employees and rewarded them for working efficiently and safely
CB&I is a great company to work for
Technical Logistics Lead Alaska LNG (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2015
I came to CB&I because of the advancement possibilities. CB&I has State Side and International positions. The teams are knowledgeable and dedicated in a common goal.
A great starting position.
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Baton rouge, louisianaApril 28, 2015
It's a great place to get some beginning experience. I had great coworkers and decent managers. I just wish there was more opportunities for advancement.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Pay
Everything was ok until they decided to shake things up
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 27, 2015
I really liked working here once I hit my stride (about 3 years in). I had a good relationship with my manager, team and other people I interacted with. Everything changed when my manager was no longer my manager and then the whole IT group was moved to another state. Bummer..
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delcambre, LAApril 23, 2015
My job duties were to keep track of employees time. Everyday I would have to make sure they would clock in and out at the correct times and make sure that all of their information was entered correctly weekly. I would issue checks and submit payments to their accounts.
Productive place to work at. Employees are respectful and show professionalism in attitude.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
While employed at Chicago Bridge and Iron I developed new and improved skills that would take me to another level in upper management. Learn new things in the work place is something I enjoy adapting to.
I was manager over time sheets, making sure sheets are accurately entered on a timely basis. Working with a department of professional coworkers who are open to assist. For instant, coverage when any one of us was out of the office. Learning new software is another issue that requires help at any point in time.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours to complete the task at hand. The best part of this job is assisting and training a new employee that come aboard.
Pros
Lunch and learns. When you are in a busy mode you recieve a free lunch.
Cons
Compensation of pay should be rewarded more often with experience.
Not much advancement for women
Program Management (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 20, 2015
Still an old Construction company in its various companies. Needs to become more updated to 21st Century. Not much leadership and direction from management due to constant changes in organization.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
lacks in Professional environment
Nice place to work. Nice people.
Estimator, Project Manager, Field Eng & Planner (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, ArizonaApril 20, 2015
Good place to work, always learning something new. Very technical oriented work. New and exciting things each day. You never get bored. Learned new computer programs. Management was very nice and yet professional.
Good company to work for
Senior Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXApril 16, 2015
Good safety culture, care about their employees, and improving with each job I have worked on. Management has definitely improved in area that were lacking.
nice place to work for
Parts & Inventory (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 16, 2015
nice place to work...i loved it here but alot of people had some problems with management. but i heard that things got better over there with managment. alot of people that use to be there are no longer there anymore.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
management needed to improve