CB&I Employee Reviews

Clean lunch areas and rest room
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 14, 2016
I've worked with CB & I twice. Different management. Both jobs have
good training. Good Ins. There's just no time off. A lot of hours.
There's advancement if you apply yourself.
Pros
Good trianing, safety, Ins. pay
Cons
No time off, but good money
not much to say
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2016
As stated before, I preferred working for the company when it was managed by the Shaw personnel. Once CB&I took over, everything changed and working moral dropped.
Pros
steady for my position
Cons
young managers moved up before they are ready
good company
Rigging Foreman (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 12, 2016
decent company to work for 60 hours a week away from home, but you can request time off over all a good company to work for if you like to travel
good hard work
Top Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXNovember 10, 2016
I enjoy where i work, always look forward to working focusing on sharpening my technical skills,
troubleshooting, overhauls, installations, adjustments and repairs on a variety of electronic equipment.
As a team player my goal is to grow with this company and further my education to hopefully one day step up into a Management position.
Pros
the pay
Cons
away from my family
Good Company with opportunity for growth
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 10, 2016
CB & I is a large company with an opportunity to meet the needs of the Oil & Gas industry.

There are good people who work at the company and the only issue
is keeping a consistent work load for Engineering staff.

CB&I has a potential to be a very good company.
Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent Work Load
Basic construction setting
Transportation coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 8, 2016
My job is extremely comfortable to me. No issues at performing my duties or with supervisory staff. Security staff is extremely easy to work with, which certainly makes my job easier.
Pros
Cons
weak compensation/hours
Fast management changes and company restructures
Project Director / Director - Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield NJNovember 7, 2016
Company has fast track of management changes and company restructures that happens lately every few months.
Day to day work affected much by management changes and company restructures.
Worked with talented individuals.
Cb&I
Principal Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2016
Great Company but the economy is bad and no fault of the company. I think of all the I&C companies the idocs document control is by far way better than any other company.
Pros
good benefits, good people, organized
Cons
strict and not very flexible
Learned many lessons to use in life.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 31, 2016
CB&I taught me that I was made of much more than I previously thought. While not every day was easy, and there were always problems to solve it taught me self confidence. It helped me develop communication skills with my coworkers. It taught me how to lead, and how to prioritize jobs to work as efficiently as possible.
The hours were long, the work sometimes tiring but I always had more than enough money to pay the bills.
Supervisor/Foreman/Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 29, 2016
management made a lot of mistakes; business would've been better with no layoffs if the right management was in there to handle the work load
Nice Place
Fabrication/ Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 28, 2016
Good place to work, but the the stability of working there is not as good. But the company has been treating me great while being here and would love to stay with the company.
Good Company
Procurement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 26, 2016
Worked in the Procurement dept. Expedited material and associated paperwork with the suppliers in order to meet on time promise material delivery dates and production schedule.
3 Stars
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 25, 2016
Overall a great company to work for. Management needs more interaction with the employees and to keep them up to date on the stability of the facility.
Horrible experience
Engineer in Training (EIT) (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 21, 2016
Good old boys company. Women are not treated anywhere close to fair in this company.

Perhaps the only positive was that I was a given a job with absolutely nothing to do because I was not given access to the documents. Showed up every day to work with no assignments and my boss told me to go sit back down when I asked for work.
we have one guy that keep everyone in high spirit
Millwright Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chickasaw, ALOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of having a morning safety meeting and talking about what may have happen the day before any safety issue that may have up and checking to make sure everyone is on the same page. Then go to control room and get your job task for the day. then get all proper tools and equipment to preform task and then go to work area and get a permit to perform task walk down the lockout to check that the equipment is locked out properly. then sign all permits ,put your lock on the lock box and perform task .
great job.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Throop, PAOctober 20, 2016
great job and co workers, if i didn't relocate to another state i w ould have loved to continue work for them. Pay was great benifts were nice. schedule was perfect
CF Expansion Job
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAOctober 20, 2016
Loved working for CB& I on this job! Learned so much, very open people to teach and help others. One big family. Loved it. Lots of walking, which I loved.
Pros
Close to home, great people
Cons
Lost Contract
Productive work
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 17, 2016
CB&I obtained many jobs while I was working there but lost several of them and constantly caused workers to be worried about lay offs. They're a good company but I believe they need some kind of better management and training programs for workers
Pros
we had paid holidays, vacation and sick hours
Cons
Too many lay offs, some supervisors are shady and untrustworthy and poor management
Safety programs are ornamental only. Management is the worst
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, INOctober 13, 2016
I've been in the construction industry for 22 years. I have never seen a worse outfit. I have no idea how they make money. There is minimal effort from management to coordinate. The organization is awful. Communication is linear from the top down. We never have everything we need to do the job especially the safety gear they preach about continuously. Well, they don't preach safety if it interferes with the schedule. The night safety guy is so unconcerned it is almost funny. The ERT and safety committee made up by the workers is a joke. They are completely cosmetic, I assure you. Well there is one guy dead on our job and by the looks of how things are going, he might not be the last. All of the safety is designed to pin any liability back on the worker in the case of any injury, dismemberment, or death. It is obvious. There has not been a single day that our crew has had all of the safety gear that we need. What a carnival it has been. If I had one word to describe this company it would be incompetent. I will be glad when this outfit leaves town. Hopefully no one else will be killed and our local's reputation won't be damaged from this horribly ran job.
Pros
You can always laugh at how awful they run a job.
Cons
Too many cons to list.
a productive place to work for
Firewatch/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 11, 2016
A great environment to learn new things at a fast pace with excellent pay and benefits my job consisted of watching for smoldering fires and ensure safety of others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.