CB&I Employee Reviews in United States

Project Controls Analyst/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  jenkensville, SCAugust 26, 2015
Great work environment, would recommend this company to anyone looking to progress in their career. Challenging, yet rewarding and safe.
Oil & Gas LNG company
Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2016
the hardest part of the job is the insecurity of whether you will continue to have a job with the oil and gas market / projects as the are today.
Productive environment/Cooperative Venture
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 22, 2015
Safety was a top priority at the work site, constant safety apparel checks were done throughout the day. Efficiency would be sacrificed if the work environment was deemed unsafe for further work. Overall, from the lower tiered employees to the upper management, everyone was cooperative and made sure to look out for each other.
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 4, 2015
New rules and less communication about the rules. Hearing the new rules through gossip and then being written up and suspended for no apparent reason.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
poormanagement, no communication
great employees...poor management
QC lead (Former Employee) –  beaumontAugust 12, 2015
Decent work environment. Company investing in new state of the art equipment. Unfortunately , in most all cases when management makes costly mistakes, craft employees get terminated. There is ZERO accountability for management.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
HIGH employee turnover rate
Company is Growing, but Long-time Employees Left Behind
Mechanical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2013
Company is growing aggressively. Management demands performance and results. Management expectations are high. Long hours are often required. There are ample challenges and opportunities, but don't expect much recognition. Company offers competitive compensation to new hires, but doesn't provide enough incentive to existing employees to promote retention. Company does not offer much activity outside of work (team building, sports leagues, etc). Company is committed to safety, however.
Good job excellent safety program
Certified Welding Inspector/QAQC (Former Employee) –  Oxy Deer Park VCM plantDecember 9, 2015
Worked as QC welding inspector @ Deer Park Oxy Vcm shutdown Tracking welds and kept track of welder certifications. Assured all welds were made in accordance to the qualified procedure
Great job. Excellent benefits.
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2015
I love what I do. Every day when I get to work I check the phone messages, poll the time clock and run the time reports for the supervision so that they can do their timesheets. I pick up timesheets on a daily basis and enter them into the system. I check my docusphere for new invoices that need to be processed so that I can bill the client. I check my p-card daily to keep up with purchases made and where each one is charged to. I run weekly reports for the client. I bill monthly, so I have to make sure that any thing that is reimbursable is ready to be billed. I also help all of our employees with any problems they have concerning HR and benefits. I make sure each new employee has a benefits package and a time clock badge. I enter and balance time weekly.
Pros
I have my own office and can work independtly.
Cons
Long drive to and from work
high work flow everyday chemical productions
Operator (Current Employee) –  Theodore, ALSeptember 29, 2015
CB&I is a contractor company which has over 27,000 empolyees world wide. i am a contractor-operator on the Evonik industries site in Theodore, Al. 36582. the contractor form a generic procedure for the perparing of bags, filling of bags with various chemicals that forms a powdery flake. a typical day is very demanding in which we produce high volumes of pallets of bags for every day use of life.
Great People
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasDecember 17, 2015
Great people to work with.Great work schedule. Busy and always busy. Best people in the industry working and great to learn from.
Productive work place
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  InfrastructureJuly 4, 2015
Stress safety to the point that in some cases it is unsafe. They do not acknowledge a job well done very often. We are required to wear extra clothing that could be a safety issue in some places. Most of the upper management only stays Six Months to Two Years at best.
Pros
friendly atmosphear amoung workers.
Cons
Not enough thanks for a job well done.
Great Company that cares about it's employees
Electrical Design Tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 2, 2015
All tools to complete your job are provided. Each employee is given the tools & opportunity to research & try to solve a problem on their own before going for help. This allows the employee to grow & learn more.
Pros
Great work schedule
Lake charles facility is horrible!!!!! Do not apply!!!!!!
BEWARE OF CBI (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 22, 2014
Management SUCKS!!!
BACK STABBERS EVERYWHERE!!!!!
ECP has HORRIBLE manager that knows NOTHING!!!!
NCR will close the Lake Charles facility if they keep it up!!!!!
Production personnel are very dishonest!!!!!
Brother-in-law, good ole boy facility!!!!!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT CB&I!!!!!!
HORRIBLE TURNOVER RATE WITH EMPLOYEES

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
high salary
Cons
horrible company, management, & culture!!!!!!!!!
productive cwi inspector
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2015
Resourceful and reliable quality control and certified welding inspector with over 10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. Backed by strong credentials and a proven history of on-time, on-budget and high-quality project completions. Strong team member, equally successful working in small or large groups. Clear communicator with interpersonal skills to work effectively with coworkers, management, and customers.
Willing to Travel.
Large Company which values employees
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 30, 2014
The work environment was almost always the peak of professionalism. There is pressure to complete tasks on time & under budget, but micromanagement is very rare. I was provided all manner of training, coaching, and support. My co-workers are great to work with and always willing to lend a hand. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team atmosphere, the travel, and the challenges. The hardest part of the job can be the typical red tape process hindering rapid action common to large company's.
Pros
good benefits, multiple work locations, great management team
Cons
typical construction industry workforce fluxuations
Loved working for them!
SITE SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAOctober 31, 2015
Great company to work with. Amazing opportunities to advance as well as learn. They even have an internal university to take advantage of.
Pros
Cons
Difficult to get in touch with Corporate
Good place to work and excellent work environment.
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
Great opportunity for new graduate.
Great team work experience.
supervisor and lead engineer are very helpful and and always get performance feed back.
Working with CB&I
Lead Electrical Gen. Foreman (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 22, 2015
I have to say CB&I is a great place to work I have found me a new home with the company, I was a die hard KBR but like working for CB&I
Good company to work for
Senior Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXApril 16, 2015
Good safety culture, care about their employees, and improving with each job I have worked on. Management has definitely improved in area that were lacking.
I have been very happy to have been employed by this company.
UXO Tech ll (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJune 16, 2015
I have been very happy to have been employed by this company. They were a fair and honest company. Great benefits. Always provided great places to reside during the contract.