CB&S Bank Employee Reviews

Bad management
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, TNJanuary 27, 2017
I worked there for nearly 3 years and only advanced my pay by 95 cents. We were promised if we met a certain profit number for the year of 2014 we would receive a bonus at year's end. According to the annual review, we met the numbers and there was no bonus. Not even a $20 gift card to Walmart. It's a really slow climb to become a higher rank and it is reflected in your pay. I learned a lot there which I will carry that knowledge throughout my financial life. There is no respect or concern from Home Office and being a Teller is the low man on the totem pole. You can make a lot more money being a cashier elsewhere.
Pros
Paid vaca, 401k match
Cons
Pay, climbing is slow, stressful nature of the job for said low pay, work weekends
Fun if you don't want to advance
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 28, 2016
I worked here for over 6 months and was punished for trying to advance myself. Be very cautious of the managers who you work for, they definitely have a list of people they don't like.
Pros
8-5 job
Cons
Management, low pay
Great company to work for!
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with CB&S Bank, and only left the company because of a relocation. The company is constantly looking for ways to better benefit their employees, by providing new training for managers, creating a leadership program for current employees, and improving the onboarding process for new employees. There is a lot of room for growth in this company for employees who are proactive about their future.
Typical Work Day
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AL 35653October 11, 2015
There is never a typical day at work. Every day is different. You deal with the issues that arise each day. I have a deep respect for management and all my co-workers. The bank feels like a family. The hardest part of my job is that I am unable to get everything done that is asked of me in a timely manner, simply because we have more work than employees.
Great family workplace
Hampton Cove Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton Cove, ALMay 29, 2015
great management team that supported each employee both professionally and personally. The senior executives are very available if needed.
Pros
great hours
Cons
bad health benefits
Great Workplace Environment
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ALNovember 18, 2013
I love the employees I work with. It makes my day worth it when I can help and make just one person relaxed and secure in their banking decisions.
I enjoyed my time with CB&S Bank
Branch Manager - Ted Wilson (Former Employee) –  Eupora, MSMay 16, 2012
CB&S Bank is a great place to work!! I enjoyed meeting and working with the general public. I liked most everyone that I worked with in all four branches. I was hired as a prime time teller and ended up working 40 plus hours a week and finally got hired full time. The only problem I had, I really wanted to settle in one branch so I could say I had a home and was part of that team. I really miss my job with the bank and would love to find THE job that could compare.
Pros
exellent company!
Cons
would like to have a home branch, worked at 4 different locations.