CB Richard Ellis Employee Reviews

Excellent environment very friendly staff!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 9, 2016
Very helpful and friendly staff, very CLEAN building. AWESOME place to work! I was there as a Temp worker. I would have loved to stay there as a regular employee.
Cons
Hour lunch
good company
building engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Company is a good company. really depends on what account you are on. this will decide your pay scale and medical dental benefits. it will also decide limitations of what your allowed to do for maintenance and what is contracted. the pay can be great if your on an account that is good but if your in account where the client doesn't want to spend money to have things operate to the fullest then your pay will be drastically under median.
Pros
company vehicle, company phone, company credit card and gas card
Cons
healthcare, pay on certain accounts, limitations to tools or work allowed to self perform
Experience depends on your manager
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2015
Well respected place to work. As with any company, your experience can differ based on your manager and their leadership style. In Global Workplace Solutions, we work on client accounts, so it can feel isolating from the rest of the company because you are more immersed in the client's culture. Also, if the client decides to downsize their account, you can be left looking for another job through no fault of your own. If you have a good manager and work hard, there is tremendous opportunity for advancement and they will do more to help you find another role if your position is eliminated. But, you have to own your own career as the culture is very entrepreneurial. However, a bad manager can turn you into an order taker.
Outstanding Managment
Finance Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2015
The senior management of the organization is smart and decisive. Outstanding vision and execution. The global leader in their industry.
great place to work
OPERATIONS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2015
enjoyable place and very nice tenant that work at the BLDG love going to work some time challenging and exciting great management
Pros
great management
Every Day new challenge
Lead Facility Engineer / Technician SWFL (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2015
Had to constantly multitask, generate productivity, keep costs down and provide results in order to keep the operation operating with minimal downtime.
Pros
Great Regional Management
Cons
Not much teamwork
Great Company
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2015
Love to work here. Takes care of their employees although the work/life balance could be better. Great managers and accept new ideas.
8,000 inmate detention Facility
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2015
Great Job Security but it is very dangerous. We housed over 8,000 inmates. I worked at this company for around fourteen years.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Dangerious
great company, bad people
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2015
Too much preference for those who are liked instead of those who work hard.Management talk bad about employees openly but they want to emphasize the rise values which is interesting because they don't follow those values themselves.
Pros
having a job
Cons
poor management, no job advancement
Great company, but my job didn't challenge me
5-Star Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 13, 2015
Loved working for the company, however, was not a challenging position. Did a lot of event planning, however, my interest was in marketing and property operations.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Not challenging, oftentimes felt like I was creating work to stay busy.
Great Learning Opportunity
Real Estate Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2015
This company opened me up to various aspects of commercial real estate. Every day was a new opportunity to learn something. Writing budgets, reading lease agreements, working with various vendors, planning capital improvement projects as well as day to day operations.
Pros
Working with various vendors
Very Dynamic Account, great partner ship
Sr. Project Manager, Cisco Systems Account (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 22, 2015
CBRE-Cisco account is HQ is in San Jose Ca, Very structured Account deliverable s. Independent and innovative thinkers will thrive in this environment.
Pros
Independent work Ethics
Cons
"Out of Site Out of Mind"
My role consists of handling all tenant and vendor requests, planning building events, insurance tracking, lease requirements, all admin tasks.
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoSeptember 1, 2015
Perfect administrative role to gain experience in the property management industry, that will give you the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop necessary skills to grow within the company. My favorite part of the job is working with vendors to plan tenant events, and being able speak with tenants and vendors and help them with their everyday needs. The job does require staying put at your desk from 8-5 Monday-Friday, and does not give opportunity to move around or complete tasks that are outside of desk work. The position is a great way to learn any and all administrative duties, grow relationships with tenants and vendors, and report and complete projects given by upper management.
Growth oriented
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 14, 2015
I had a successful work life with major growth within this company.
Friendly, appreciative managers.
Given projects to work on my own and report to managers
Pros
Growth allowance
Cons
Some poor managers
Didn't work there long but it was busy
Global Finance Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 10, 2015
I didn't work there long enough to give it a good or bad rating
management was ok. Meet some really good people to whom I'm friends with today
Fun workplace with flexible scheduling
Intern (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZJuly 9, 2015
I helped customers in person and over the phone; accepted rent payments and updated customer lease files. I learned a lot about customer service and a little about property management. My managers were flexible and kept us busy. My co-workers were a lot of fun and made work enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was not being able to learn more in the time that I was there. The most enjoyable part was running errands with my co-worker.
Productive Work Environment
Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2015
Great company with very minimal micro management. Mon thru Friday with no OT (not a good thing) but overall great environment and relationship with co workers and management.
My life with CBRE
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, Il Microsoft accountJune 16, 2015
I have been working for CBRE for 2 year and it has it's pros and cons like any other company.

Management needs to be updated with fresh new faces that can adapt to change and flexible.
Pros
Free lunch and great coworkers
Cons
management
Nice company to wotk
REAL ESTATE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 15, 2015
CBRE is a very big company and one of the leading company in the Real Estate Industry, My years with CBRE (25 years) were very productive and I advanced as a professional
Pros
Very good retirement plan when I was in NY
Cons
no benefits al all in PR
good company to work for.
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 10, 2015
It's a wonderful company to work for people are great to get along with.I hope that there are many other companys out are just good to work for.