CBE Companies Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAApril 13, 2017
Get location. You answer calls and help people. Learn to mutlitask with talking to people and inputting information into computer. Get to meet a lot of new coworkers.
Typical call center with laid back personality.
Escalation Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 25, 2017
I really did enjoy this job. My first call center where everyone is really nice and willing to help you out with new lessons. Management is pretty good and there are opportunities to grow in the company.
Financial representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 22, 2017
We have to hit 90% productivity throughout the day and that never has been a struggle to reach that goal. The most enjoyable thing about my job is when we get down time it's nice for it to be spent by yourself or with the peers around you.
Was tough place to work
Fraud/Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2017
The company close the office that I worked at. I was there during the final paper of them closing. It was a hard situation to go thur. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
A good steady job if you enjoy call centers
Verizon Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 15, 2017
Management is either amazing or terrible, and your employment really depends on you have as a supervisor. Some people are understanding, others are not. Has a great HR department, and overall wonderful employees. Not great for those with anxiety problems.
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 13, 2017
Working at CBE was very enjoyable and fast paced, I would recommend anyone who has call center experience and/ or fraud prevention experience to apply here.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good pay, Friendly co-workers
Cons
long wait times for assistance from floor staff
They fit you to your qualifications and they listen to you
Collector Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 8, 2017
Great people to work with. Modern computer systems. The company gives perks for loyalty and performance. The supervisors are there to help you succeed, not to micro manage you. They are willing to work with you regarding schedule changes and will pay overtime if it is available
Pros
Great health insurance benefits and PTO
Cons
Commission fluctuations
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Reading other reviews had me laughing. If you come to work and do your job, it's great. If you call out all the time, of course you won't have any personal or PTO days left when you're actually sick.
They regularly post internal positions so you can move up. Coworkers are great and management regularly holds events to increase morale.
If you come to work and do your job, you'll like this place. I actually didn't plan on staying long, but it's been 2 years now and I like coming to work everyday. If you're not serious about your job or call off a lot, of course your manager is going to be on your back and it's not going to be great for you.
Pros
Coworkers, PTO, type of work
Cons
Pay could be better
This company is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I think the city of New Braunfels should look more into this company's policies and send them packing back to Iowa where they came from their false belief since and sensing hiring folks is a joke unprofessional lack proper training and giving you the tools to do the necessary job.
Pros
No Pro's
Cons
Yes a bunch of Con's
Good atmosphere with tons of opportunity for advancement
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 3, 2017
This was a good place to work with a good atmosphere. Management was good, and supervisors worked equally with everyone on the team. Lots of opportunity for advancement as well.
Pros
Two half hour lunches, pay
Cons
customers
Productive and fun
Fraud Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78130January 31, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Very calm. Managerial staff is very professional. I worked here for about 6 months before I had to return to school. I can honestly tell you it is the best job I have had yet.
Pros
New bathroom vending machines. Big parking lot. Easy to get to work.
Cons
None to be honest. It is a great envirionment to be in
Low pay compared to industry standards, good coworkers
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 24, 2017
There are a lot of opportunities to move up quickly as this is a small company. The IT/Analysts are paid on the lower end of the industry averages so other places might be better to work.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 22, 2017
Outbound and Inbound calls to/from Consumers to resolve past due debt for Student Loans. Enjoy speaking to the people on the phone and helping them.
Was a great position at first but became miserably stressful
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 8, 2017
Position started with great training and was simple. Pay for starting was good and benefits are alright. Overtime though guilt started to build up and constantly hounded about work statistics. The worst part though was that i was dealing with health issues after a car accident and could not get my absences excused. I was eventually approached by the office manager and my supervisor and was given the proposition to resign or be terminated. On a personal level everyone in the office is great, but not being able to get hospitalization excused was a joke.
Pros
Great co workers, extremely friendly
Cons
Sketchy business methods.
Worked under a sexist director
Collections Representative & Fraud Analysis (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 5, 2017
Difficult advancing. Department switches before raises. Corporate office is okay. Was worried about job stability. Seems like they hire anyone. They will advance men who have been there a short amount of time, but will not invest in knowledgeable women who have been there for years.
Debt Collector
ASSOCIATE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 2, 2017
Good pay if you work on a government contract & don't get anything thru CBE for benefits (like health, dental, eye insurance, 401k). I would recommend getting hired to collect on one of the government contracts.
Cons
stressful
call center, you answer phones and deal with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 7, 2016
started at start up of company in the area, the management was all over the place, our trainer was fired during our training session, the job started off easy and great with plenty of time for follow up on open accts, then they started to change everything and it was no longer the job I agreed to take
productive and fun workplace
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 26, 2016
I really enjoyed my experience with CBE. Management created a fun and relaxed, but very productive work environment. Monthly goals were set and obtained on a regular basis because employees were trained very well and also had help provided when needed. relocation was my only reason for leaving this job.
CBE followed laws of collections
Associate, Team Captain, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IASeptember 23, 2016
You will work on phones collecting money. If you are empathetic and understanding it can help you to be successful.

I moved up the ladder while I was employed. They fully train you.

Management is understanding and flexible with schedules.
Great company, if you can do collection calls
Healthcare Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IASeptember 6, 2016
I learned a lot about myself at CBE. I can be assertive when needed and compassionate when also needed. I enjoyed my coworkers and most of the time management was helpful.
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
work itself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBE Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8