CBE Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Great Experience
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 9, 2016
Definitely not for everybody but I loved it. This has been the only job I truly felt like I was helping people. I learned a lot of great communication skills including verbally diffusing volatile situations.
Pros
Great Commission
Cons
Flip flopping work schedule
they dont have any feelings for when people are sick
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAApril 4, 2016
i got sick and i did not like the way i was treated telling me that i was going to be fired because i could not make it to work even though i had a valid doctor note that covered the whole week. cbe told me that they only accept doctor notes for one day a month even though the doc note had the whole week covered. very disrespectful they told me that i was wrote up for four days not coming to work at that the doctor note that i brought in was not valid.
Great
Fraud Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 24, 2016
Good, learned about what kind of Fraud is out in the world, got along good with co workers, hardest part was rude customers but would take care of the problem quick as possible, enjoyable would be getting along with co workers & working, very interesting.
Good
Good
Competitive work environment with involved management and coworkers.
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at CBE as a Collections Representative involves assisting customers in a fast paced environment through both inbound and outbound calls. You are free to take the time necessary to assist a customer with billing questions and setting up payment plans, however you may only help a customer on the call and do not have a way to call back if needed or assist after a call is done. I learned how to handle frustrated and angry customers and how to help those customers work towards the goal of getting the debt paid before it is reported to their credit. Management was very involved in trying to connect with myself and my coworkers and also in helping us to improve. Although it was a very competitive environment, there was very little friction between coworkers and many of us were very supportive of each other both in and out of work. The hardest part of the job was handling the stress of being a debt collector; almost every customer was frustrated or upset at receiving our calls and you would put in all of your effort and exhaust every available option and still end up with no payment plan which then affects your performance ratings. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my management cared about my emotional and job needs.
Pros
having my own desk, good management
Cons
debt collection, difficult to advance in company, inconsistant monthly revues
Not horrible but could be better
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 6, 2016
The people that I work with a very nice and understanding, however it is a demanding job that requires a lot of commitment and time. Hard to work with schedules.
N/a
collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 25, 2016
Please ask me, collections for several companies 3rd party; bonus if possible, lots of structure changes, account changes, varies daily as far as bonusing
Good in Theory
Fraud Prevention Representative (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Company has a great policy of fostering a productive and motivating work place. However it is constantly hindered by incompetent management that do not follow their own policies and often show favoritism. The management team often has to be taught what the new policies and procedures with the Client's accounts by the rank and file representatives. I would not recommend working for this company as a career choice.
Pros
Good policies in theory. Great benifits.
Cons
Non-competitive wages, incompetent management.
A Normal Call Center
Fraud Analyst's Specialist for Verizon Wireless (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 20, 2016
CBE is your normal call center. You have your drama, bad management, and lovely co-workers. I did learn about the backline of Verizon and what happens when there is an order placed online or over the phone. The management needs improvement majorly but the co-workers make the day better. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is just dealing with the constant changes of the center. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Bad Management
Not the company for me
representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 18, 2016
This job is high stress low compensation management expects miracles out of dust and will lie strait to your face. The opportunity for advancement is great if your a favorite of upper management otherwise you will be stuck in the same position for large amounts of time.
productive
Financial Collections (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 13, 2016
when I first started there it was like a family oriented place to work and then it changed to where there were very different answers for any issues you had about your job
Pros
leaders
Cons
bosses
Pay
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 19, 2015
Management is awesome and they have a good variety of shifts. I don't like the fact that i have the same off days every week and have to work all day on holidays. The pay is not enough for the job that is done.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Horrible Pay
Excellent entry-level workplace
Financial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 19, 2015
-fast pace, inbound calls back to back taking payments and setting up arrangements
-set schedules are great compared to retail and fast food jobs
-management care about their staff
-opportunities to advance if you show up to work and work hard
-hardest part of the job is being able to handle repetition and rude customers
Pros
set schedule, office setting, incentives
Cons
repetitive, occasional rude customers
Too much like high school
First Party Collector (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 31, 2015
Will let you work overtime if it is needed. Management will not help you if there is an issue within the working environment.
Worst Company I have ever worked for.
Verizon Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 31, 2015
The management is incompetent, they treat you like you should feel privileged to be a part of such a terrible lackluster company that doesn't follow through on promises and has a serious lack of communication and money management skills. The Verizon 1st party position was as any collections call center position except a much higher call volume, a 9 hour work day, and a management group that has absolutely no idea how to coach or lead a group in the right direction to achieve. The QA team is inconsistent to where when the actual client being Verizon says a call is one way they say a call is another and QA pass percentages are the worst in the country but the QA staff has done nothing to fix that instead believes that it is the fault of the large number of employees who fail. There is no organization, promotions are based off who you know and not in any way what you know. The company is a means to an end, they say they turn away many applicants but there are a large number of fellow coworkers that should not be let out of their homes let alone talk to customers all day. They promised attendance bonus, that was gone in month two, they promised promotion opportunities, they reduced the pay of their entire escalations staff and let go of one of the only competent supervisors they had. They changed the shift differential bonus to benefit their company and not their employee. CBE is a collection agency at its finest with some of the worst management and decision making top down I have ever experienced with any company in my life. If you don't value yourself, your time, you have no  more... desire to move up, and have no problem not talking to your supervisor or never knowing where they even are for most of your shift this is the job for you. Be careful the training is misleading, the trainer is wonderful if you get the female she is a great leader and believes that things are great but they will lie to your face directly and back it up with excuses that make no sense because even some of management is clueless as to what is going on. DO NOT WORK HERE.  less
Pros
40 hours
Cons
Lack of Organization, Leadership, communication, intelligence, and ownership.
A challenging work environment
Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 20, 2015
A challenging work environment which for the most part was fine. I was allowed to work at home which was a positive for me.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
salary and job loss
On the go place to work
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 12, 2015
The job may be repetitive but you never know what the situation may be with the next customer calling in, They all have something different going on in their life during that time. My co-workers are pretty easy to get along with for the most part, I enjoy working with the people that I do.
Productive work environment.
CUSTOMER SOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 10, 2015
Helping customers that need to set up a payment program that will fit them when going through a hardship or only get paid so many times during the month. I've learned to deescalate customers when they are highly frustrated. I love the work environment that CBE provided. The management team at CBE is amazing and always willing to work with you and your schedule whether you are in school or may have another job.
Pros
Full time hours and benifits, great work environment.
Cons
So many different changes such as change of breaks and schedule.
See other review of CBE Companies
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 1, 2015
See other review. I worked at this company for a year in a half. I switched positions but the environment and people were pretty much the same. See above.
Pros
Job has its social perks, laid back environment
Cons
Stressfull
Work is great
Fraud department investigator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Love customer service on the job. Dont like when things dont work out for the customer. Statisfing the customer is the number one.
Good Enviornment bad Mangement
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 21, 2015
same as the summary review, no communication between any of the management, people were treated less than they were worth, nobody cared about any guide lines no structure
Pros
11.07 an hour
Cons
bad manegment