CBE Group Employee Reviews

I wouldn't know that much - I was just an intern
Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 5, 2017
I was grateful for an opportunity to work hard and practice SAS-based database exploration (in an admittedly labyrinthine database).

The people were nice, too.
Family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 22, 2017
I love working at CBE Group in Overland Park office all the supervisors were always available and very helpful I didn't feel like just an employee I felt like family there I loved CBE Group and hate the office closed
good work place
collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2017
i enjoyed working with my co-workers on a daily bases and talking to customers about accounts that i collect on and helping them find ways to pay their accounts and giving options on other sources
Pros
bonuses
Very Unethical
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 3, 2017
Not a friendly place to work
Unethical management and executive decisions and treatment of employees
Compensation was not fair to tenure employees and ones with experience
fun and challenging atmosphere
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with, and the family culture. I loved that the CBE Group was involved in many community fundraising programs.
Pros
Benefits and attendance policy
Cons
complaint calls from customers
Productive and family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work at CBE Group was very busy, all supervisor were hands on and open to help with any issue ,I always felt very relevant and appreciated. The hardest part about CBE Group was having to leave due to closure of the Overland Park office, The most enjoyable part was getting to know all management and co workers and building relationships with them all.
Pros
Cbe was very understanding and helpfull with any issue we had i always felt at home there
Cons
I wasnt there long enough
laid back none stop phone calls with good coffee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 26, 2016
customer service rep, long days of a lot of trying to get payments from Verizon wireless customers.

Laid back atmosphere, just didn't like getting yelled at, cursed out and hung up on by customers.
Proud of the work we do
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 26, 2016
Most of my career at CBE has been as a collections associate and I would say that I am most proud of how we are changing the collection industry. Treating consumers with respect and understanding, while still meeting the needs of our clients is so important to our company and it shows in each call that we make. I won't say that it is easy to work here - the expectations are high. You have to work hard, adapt to change and have a positive attitude, even on your toughest days. But you'll be rewarded with opportunities for advancement, co-workers and management who you can build lifelong friendships with and find pride and purpose in your work.
I really like my job
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working here. The management is good, and they seem to care. My pay could be better, but it could also be worse. If I have good attendance, I bonus off it. Good opportunity to move up. Investigating fraud is interesting, so its not boring, though it is difficult at first. Good training program.
The bottom line and secret to working here and being happy is: if you come to work and do your job, there's no problems. Most of the complaints I hear are from people that come in some of the time or come in and just mess around. I would recommend working here if you are someone that actually wants to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay could be better
Great work environment and caring employees.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy the overall feel of the center. Very open and comfortable. Many employees participate in various in house and external charity events. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Good supervisors

Want to know more about CBE Group?

Ask a question
A great place to start your career!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls/WaterlooAugust 19, 2016
I am currently a Supervisor at CBE, but started my employment with the company as a Call Center Rep. I have grown professionally and personally throughout my tenure here. I feel like CBE cares about the people more than other employers I've been employed with. The company is constantly looking for new ways to improve benefits, compensation and environment for employees. I would suggest this as a great place to start your career!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Pay
fun place to work
Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 23, 2016
its not hard job who likes to wok in the chair all day and talk on the phone and help people pay there bills its very good company to work for
Do not waste your time
Student loans (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 29, 2016
Worked for the department of educaton for ten months. Was told for weeks if I hit minimum of my goal I would be alright and not let go. They fired several people without warning. I was 38 weeks pregnant when they let me go. I hit goal and everything. I honestly think it was because they did not want to pay me maternity leave. Don't waste your time, management lies to your face. When they called a group of us in the office they had management pack up our things. They had second shift come to work and get called in the office right away while first shift collected all day for them to make money and then let us go. With your breaks you had to log off a computer and log back in. Sometimes it took five minutes to log back on, if your late you got disciplined for it. So a 15 minute break would really be ten minutes. Look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Breaks, job security, management
Great Corporate Culture and Management
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613September 7, 2015
The attendance policy and points system is difficult to navigate as a new hire. Especially for me since I have a ill special needs child. Commision incentive is kind of a scam. Break and lunch to short.
Pros
training, co workers, management, work enviornment
Cons
Attendance clock in clock out policy
Management kept things interesting
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 16, 2015
The actual job can get stressful, but the company keeps things relaxed, fun, and encourages you to succeed. Debt collections.
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
Quotas have to be met each moth or you will lose your job
Not Guarenteed
THIRD PARTY COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 11, 2015
In the beginning the job was amazing and now the job is heartbreaking. You walk into work not knowing if its your last day based off of the contract and what management is telling you
reliable job security
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  overland park, ksJune 3, 2015
it was a good company to bring income into the household. they said they cared about the employees opinion but when we voiced them it seemed like they were overlooked. they did everything by business needs and acted like they didn't care about the life goings of the staff. the managers were there to help when needed but was able to be there all the time. the start our pay was great but the bonus and pay raise structure was not very fair. the co-workers were there just to collect a pay check but awesome to be friends with. management was there when they weren't 'busy' and helped when they could. other than that you had to rely on the team leads and some weren't very helpful and was rude and condescending of their co-workers. you had to deal with angry as well as very enjoyable consumers, but that was all part of being a debt collector. hours were available to work and they always needed people to work overtime, but they tried to make you feel bad when you said you couldn't work over your regular hours. the PTO was not a good incentive they only gave 3.52 hrs every pay period and was only allowed to use in hour increments. you did have personal time but it wasn't paid, and you also had make up request which you got to re-do your schedule for the day but you had to make up hours missed or you will get points. the points system is great for employee structure, you were allowed so many points before you got a DA or terminated. but it should be allowed to where employees could buy back the points instead of waiting a yr to the day for them to fall off and go back to 0. working Saturdays  more... was part of regular schedule but you had rotating where every 3 weeks you would work that's not bad if you don't care to work in weekends but you don't have much time to care of personal needs that required only weekday visits, and also if you need to have that Saturday off and you are scheduled to work you HAVE to have someone switch or you would have to work the next 3 Saturdays. PTO and personal/makeup wasn't allowed.  less
Very productive workplace
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 6, 2015
I did many different jobs at Veridian Credit Union. Working at Veridian is family. We all look out for one another. Everyone works together to see that the member gets what they need and are satisfied when they leave.
Pros
Bonuses, Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, hours
very easy job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 15, 2015
i really like this job but it can be very stressful when you get a customer thats very difficult.i like the fact that this company is not only about the customer but they treat their employees really well too
Pros
the incentives and the employees
Cons
stressful enviroment
Dont waste your time applying for this company
collector (Current Employee) –  overland park ksFebruary 18, 2015
There isnt enough room for me to describe all the reasons why this company should be your LAST option for employment. They will cut your pay without telling you. (Would you like to learn more?). Then apply and let the lies begin.
Pros
its a nice way to network and find better jobs else where
Cons
i dont have the time to explain it all to you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBE Group. Our community is ready to answer.