CBE Group Employee Reviews

A great place to start your career!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls/WaterlooAugust 19, 2016
I am currently a Supervisor at CBE, but started my employment with the company as a Call Center Rep. I have grown professionally and personally throughout my tenure here. I feel like CBE cares about the people more than other employers I've been employed with. The company is constantly looking for new ways to improve benefits, compensation and environment for employees. I would suggest this as a great place to start your career!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Pay
Proud of the work we do
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 26, 2016
Most of my career at CBE has been as a collections associate and I would say that I am most proud of how we are changing the collection industry. Treating consumers with respect and understanding, while still meeting the needs of our clients is so important to our company and it shows in each call that we make. I won't say that it is easy to work here - the expectations are high. You have to work hard, adapt to change and have a positive attitude, even on your toughest days. But you'll be rewarded with opportunities for advancement, co-workers and management who you can build lifelong friendships with and find pride and purpose in your work.
I really like my job
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working here. The management is good, and they seem to care. My pay could be better, but it could also be worse. If I have good attendance, I bonus off it. Good opportunity to move up. Investigating fraud is interesting, so its not boring, though it is difficult at first. Good training program.
The bottom line and secret to working here and being happy is: if you come to work and do your job, there's no problems. Most of the complaints I hear are from people that come in some of the time or come in and just mess around. I would recommend working here if you are someone that actually wants to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay could be better
Productive and family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work at CBE Group was very busy, all supervisor were hands on and open to help with any issue ,I always felt very relevant and appreciated. The hardest part about CBE Group was having to leave due to closure of the Overland Park office, The most enjoyable part was getting to know all management and co workers and building relationships with them all.
Pros
Cbe was very understanding and helpfull with any issue we had i always felt at home there
Cons
I wasnt there long enough
Do not waste your time
Student loans (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 29, 2016
Worked for the department of educaton for ten months. Was told for weeks if I hit minimum of my goal I would be alright and not let go. They fired several people without warning. I was 38 weeks pregnant when they let me go. I hit goal and everything. I honestly think it was because they did not want to pay me maternity leave. Don't waste your time, management lies to your face. When they called a group of us in the office they had management pack up our things. They had second shift come to work and get called in the office right away while first shift collected all day for them to make money and then let us go. With your breaks you had to log off a computer and log back in. Sometimes it took five minutes to log back on, if your late you got disciplined for it. So a 15 minute break would really be ten minutes. Look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Breaks, job security, management
laid back none stop phone calls with good coffee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 26, 2016
customer service rep, long days of a lot of trying to get payments from Verizon wireless customers.

Laid back atmosphere, just didn't like getting yelled at, cursed out and hung up on by customers.
Great work environment and caring employees.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy the overall feel of the center. Very open and comfortable. Many employees participate in various in house and external charity events. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Good supervisors
Good Company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 12, 2012
Good Starting Pay with excellent beneifts, option for advancement is always available. Commission is part of the yearly salary. The down side to this company is that if a person does not meet their goal in 3 months the option for the company to let you go as an employee might be possible .
Not so caring about employees
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 28, 2014
There is a lot of drama and the management does not care about their employees well. They have decent benefits but the pay is not equally distributed and you do not receive pay raises.
fun place to work
Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 23, 2016
its not hard job who likes to wok in the chair all day and talk on the phone and help people pay there bills its very good company to work for
reliable job security
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  overland park, ksJune 3, 2015
it was a good company to bring income into the household. they said they cared about the employees opinion but when we voiced them it seemed like they were overlooked. they did everything by business needs and acted like they didn't care about the life goings of the staff. the managers were there to help when needed but was able to be there all the time. the start our pay was great but the bonus and pay raise structure was not very fair. the co-workers were there just to collect a pay check but awesome to be friends with. management was there when they weren't 'busy' and helped when they could. other than that you had to rely on the team leads and some weren't very helpful and was rude and condescending of their co-workers. you had to deal with angry as well as very enjoyable consumers, but that was all part of being a debt collector. hours were available to work and they always needed people to work overtime, but they tried to make you feel bad when you said you couldn't work over your regular hours. the PTO was not a good incentive they only gave 3.52 hrs every pay period and was only allowed to use in hour increments. you did have personal time but it wasn't paid, and you also had make up request which you got to re-do your schedule for the day but you had to make up hours missed or you will get points. the points system is great for employee structure, you were allowed so many points before you got a DA or terminated. but it should be allowed to where employees could buy back the points instead of waiting a yr to the day for them to fall off and go back to 0. working Saturdays  more... was part of regular schedule but you had rotating where every 3 weeks you would work that's not bad if you don't care to work in weekends but you don't have much time to care of personal needs that required only weekday visits, and also if you need to have that Saturday off and you are scheduled to work you HAVE to have someone switch or you would have to work the next 3 Saturdays. PTO and personal/makeup wasn't allowed.  less
Stressful
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAOctober 16, 2012
Stressful with good benefits. Management never around, good co-workers
Great Corporate Culture and Management
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613September 7, 2015
The attendance policy and points system is difficult to navigate as a new hire. Especially for me since I have a ill special needs child. Commision incentive is kind of a scam. Break and lunch to short.
Pros
training, co workers, management, work enviornment
Cons
Attendance clock in clock out policy
Great company culture
Database Administrator/SQL Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 6, 2013
I worked in the IT department. A typical day would include answering customer/staff calls and troubleshooting issues. Management was overall very easy to work with, but some of the higher levels tended to miss some of the details that were needed to make a project successful and timely. The hardest part of the job was the crazy hours we worked trying to meet arbitrary deadlines that were almost certainly pushed back the following week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and their willingness to teach and mentor those with less experience.
High Stress Job with little payout
Bilingual Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 2, 2014
High stress environment that had constantly changing 'rules'. A typical day had new rules to learn or a change of rules and maybe even twice a day changing of the same rule. Watching people get fired. Speaking to customers on the phone in order to try and collect debts, work out payment plans with consumers and taking payments. Some of management were educated, organised and nice, others liked to micromanage and caused high stress levels, others were very disorganised and displayed personal bias towards certain people and were counterproductive. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Nice Fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was watching my own numbers so that I didn't get cheated out of pay or so that I could prove I met or exceeded goals. The company says they keep track but the systems error a lot and if you don't keep track yourself and bring the accounts CBE missed (or didn't credit you) to a managers attention. Also,it important to keep track of your numbers and accounts because you can lose your job by not meeting goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service and helping people resolve debts.
Pros
Collections experience, Customer service, I could use my bilingual skills
Cons
High stress work environment created by company not the actual job
Professional, yet family-like and fun work environment that allowed you to be yourself.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2015
- Clock-in, preparing all systems & tools to be set-up for the work day, begin taking inbound & making outbound calls, being productive, & trying to collect as much money as possible on accounts in collections.
- I learned different methods to use in persuading the consumer to set-up arrangements in collections, or to pay their balance in full to avoid further issues.
- Management was some of the best I've worked for compared to previous employers. They were about professionalism & performing the duties that were at hand, but were lenient, fair, fun, & easy to talk to.
- My co-workers were easy to get along with & friendly, but also like family.
- Hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with system issues & irate consumers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was turning the job into a friendly competition with my co-workers, challenging each other to be better. Also, the incentives during certain times throughout the course of working at CBE.
Pros
Cook-offs, Charity contests, making up missed time, 24 hours of personal days per year along with PTO.
Cons
Bonus structure being based on fee amount collected, points system, systems.
Very productive workplace
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 6, 2015
I did many different jobs at Veridian Credit Union. Working at Veridian is family. We all look out for one another. Everyone works together to see that the member gets what they need and are satisfied when they leave.
Pros
Bonuses, Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, hours
Not Guarenteed
THIRD PARTY COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 11, 2015
In the beginning the job was amazing and now the job is heartbreaking. You walk into work not knowing if its your last day based off of the contract and what management is telling you
Productive and fun work enviroment
Client Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 27, 2012
The work enviroment is very friendly. All employees are easy and nice to work with. Management is willing to help and listen to any problem you have or need to talk about. On a typical day our workload's are very busy, but it's a laid back enviroment so you can stay focused and on task, but at the same time enjoy the company of the co-workers.
Pros
good break schedule, pto provided
Cons
n/a
Management kept things interesting
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 16, 2015
The actual job can get stressful, but the company keeps things relaxed, fun, and encourages you to succeed. Debt collections.
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
Quotas have to be met each moth or you will lose your job