CBE Group Employee Reviews

Productive and family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work at CBE Group was very busy, all supervisor were hands on and open to help with any issue ,I always felt very relevant and appreciated. The hardest part about CBE Group was having to leave due to closure of the Overland Park office, The most enjoyable part was getting to know all management and co workers and building relationships with them all.
Pros
Cbe was very understanding and helpfull with any issue we had i always felt at home there
Cons
I wasnt there long enough
Family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 22, 2017
I love working at CBE Group in Overland Park office all the supervisors were always available and very helpful I didn't feel like just an employee I felt like family there I loved CBE Group and hate the office closed
fun and challenging atmosphere
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with, and the family culture. I loved that the CBE Group was involved in many community fundraising programs.
Pros
Benefits and attendance policy
Cons
complaint calls from customers
I really like my job
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working here. The management is good, and they seem to care. My pay could be better, but it could also be worse. If I have good attendance, I bonus off it. Good opportunity to move up. Investigating fraud is interesting, so its not boring, though it is difficult at first. Good training program.
The bottom line and secret to working here and being happy is: if you come to work and do your job, there's no problems. Most of the complaints I hear are from people that come in some of the time or come in and just mess around. I would recommend working here if you are someone that actually wants to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay could be better
Proud of the work we do
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 26, 2016
Most of my career at CBE has been as a collections associate and I would say that I am most proud of how we are changing the collection industry. Treating consumers with respect and understanding, while still meeting the needs of our clients is so important to our company and it shows in each call that we make. I won't say that it is easy to work here - the expectations are high. You have to work hard, adapt to change and have a positive attitude, even on your toughest days. But you'll be rewarded with opportunities for advancement, co-workers and management who you can build lifelong friendships with and find pride and purpose in your work.
good work place
collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2017
i enjoyed working with my co-workers on a daily bases and talking to customers about accounts that i collect on and helping them find ways to pay their accounts and giving options on other sources
Pros
bonuses
Cons
A great place to start your career!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls/WaterlooAugust 19, 2016
I am currently a Supervisor at CBE, but started my employment with the company as a Call Center Rep. I have grown professionally and personally throughout my tenure here. I feel like CBE cares about the people more than other employers I've been employed with. The company is constantly looking for new ways to improve benefits, compensation and environment for employees. I would suggest this as a great place to start your career!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Pay
I wouldn't know that much - I was just an intern
Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 5, 2017
I was grateful for an opportunity to work hard and practice SAS-based database exploration (in an admittedly labyrinthine database).

The people were nice, too.
Very Unethical
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 3, 2017
Not a friendly place to work
Unethical management and executive decisions and treatment of employees
Compensation was not fair to tenure employees and ones with experience
laid back none stop phone calls with good coffee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 26, 2016
customer service rep, long days of a lot of trying to get payments from Verizon wireless customers.

Laid back atmosphere, just didn't like getting yelled at, cursed out and hung up on by customers.
Great work environment and caring employees.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy the overall feel of the center. Very open and comfortable. Many employees participate in various in house and external charity events. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Good supervisors
Do not waste your time
Student loans (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 29, 2016
Worked for the department of educaton for ten months. Was told for weeks if I hit minimum of my goal I would be alright and not let go. They fired several people without warning. I was 38 weeks pregnant when they let me go. I hit goal and everything. I honestly think it was because they did not want to pay me maternity leave. Don't waste your time, management lies to your face. When they called a group of us in the office they had management pack up our things. They had second shift come to work and get called in the office right away while first shift collected all day for them to make money and then let us go. With your breaks you had to log off a computer and log back in. Sometimes it took five minutes to log back on, if your late you got disciplined for it. So a 15 minute break would really be ten minutes. Look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Breaks, job security, management
fun place to work
Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 23, 2016
its not hard job who likes to wok in the chair all day and talk on the phone and help people pay there bills its very good company to work for
Great Corporate Culture and Management
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613September 7, 2015
The attendance policy and points system is difficult to navigate as a new hire. Especially for me since I have a ill special needs child. Commision incentive is kind of a scam. Break and lunch to short.
Pros
training, co workers, management, work enviornment
Cons
Attendance clock in clock out policy
Place where you were not afraid to go to management for help.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 21, 2012
They use a rotary dialer so you get calls randomly so its kind of repeteitive but kind of not because there was different clients. I loved my co-workers they were always willing to help when you needed it. My manager was awesome he was always willing to help and show you better ways to do things. The hardest part of the job would be getting yelled at by the customers that you call. The most enjoyable part is when you actually get a client that pays their debt.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
wasn't crazy about the hours.
Great company culture
Database Administrator/SQL Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 6, 2013
I worked in the IT department. A typical day would include answering customer/staff calls and troubleshooting issues. Management was overall very easy to work with, but some of the higher levels tended to miss some of the details that were needed to make a project successful and timely. The hardest part of the job was the crazy hours we worked trying to meet arbitrary deadlines that were almost certainly pushed back the following week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and their willingness to teach and mentor those with less experience.
Very well company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be coming in and signing in to the computer and start the phone calls. I learned a lot of the legal side of what a debt collector can and can not do and what the consumer could do legally as well. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was the phone call themselves you got some really good phone calls but others you got really nasty people. The people that worked there it was like working with family.
Pros
great company, lots of great people, also lunches were available to you at work.
Cons
making the phone calls
Productive and fun work enviroment
Client Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 27, 2012
The work enviroment is very friendly. All employees are easy and nice to work with. Management is willing to help and listen to any problem you have or need to talk about. On a typical day our workload's are very busy, but it's a laid back enviroment so you can stay focused and on task, but at the same time enjoy the company of the co-workers.
Pros
good break schedule, pto provided
Cons
n/a
Dont waste your time applying for this company
collector (Current Employee) –  overland park ksFebruary 18, 2015
There isnt enough room for me to describe all the reasons why this company should be your LAST option for employment. They will cut your pay without telling you. (Would you like to learn more?). Then apply and let the lies begin.
Pros
its a nice way to network and find better jobs else where
Cons
i dont have the time to explain it all to you
Very productive workplace
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 6, 2015
I did many different jobs at Veridian Credit Union. Working at Veridian is family. We all look out for one another. Everyone works together to see that the member gets what they need and are satisfied when they leave.
Pros
Bonuses, Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBE Group. Our community is ready to answer.