CBE Group Employee Reviews

Productive and family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work at CBE Group was very busy, all supervisor were hands on and open to help with any issue ,I always felt very relevant and appreciated. The hardest part about CBE Group was having to leave due to closure of the Overland Park office, The most enjoyable part was getting to know all management and co workers and building relationships with them all.
Pros
Cbe was very understanding and helpfull with any issue we had i always felt at home there
Cons
I wasnt there long enough
I really like my job
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working here. The management is good, and they seem to care. My pay could be better, but it could also be worse. If I have good attendance, I bonus off it. Good opportunity to move up. Investigating fraud is interesting, so its not boring, though it is difficult at first. Good training program.
The bottom line and secret to working here and being happy is: if you come to work and do your job, there's no problems. Most of the complaints I hear are from people that come in some of the time or come in and just mess around. I would recommend working here if you are someone that actually wants to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay could be better
Proud of the work we do
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 26, 2016
Most of my career at CBE has been as a collections associate and I would say that I am most proud of how we are changing the collection industry. Treating consumers with respect and understanding, while still meeting the needs of our clients is so important to our company and it shows in each call that we make. I won't say that it is easy to work here - the expectations are high. You have to work hard, adapt to change and have a positive attitude, even on your toughest days. But you'll be rewarded with opportunities for advancement, co-workers and management who you can build lifelong friendships with and find pride and purpose in your work.
A great place to start your career!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls/WaterlooAugust 19, 2016
I am currently a Supervisor at CBE, but started my employment with the company as a Call Center Rep. I have grown professionally and personally throughout my tenure here. I feel like CBE cares about the people more than other employers I've been employed with. The company is constantly looking for new ways to improve benefits, compensation and environment for employees. I would suggest this as a great place to start your career!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Pay
laid back none stop phone calls with good coffee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 26, 2016
customer service rep, long days of a lot of trying to get payments from Verizon wireless customers.

Laid back atmosphere, just didn't like getting yelled at, cursed out and hung up on by customers.
Great work environment and caring employees.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy the overall feel of the center. Very open and comfortable. Many employees participate in various in house and external charity events. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Good supervisors
Do not waste your time
Student loans (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 29, 2016
Worked for the department of educaton for ten months. Was told for weeks if I hit minimum of my goal I would be alright and not let go. They fired several people without warning. I was 38 weeks pregnant when they let me go. I hit goal and everything. I honestly think it was because they did not want to pay me maternity leave. Don't waste your time, management lies to your face. When they called a group of us in the office they had management pack up our things. They had second shift come to work and get called in the office right away while first shift collected all day for them to make money and then let us go. With your breaks you had to log off a computer and log back in. Sometimes it took five minutes to log back on, if your late you got disciplined for it. So a 15 minute break would really be ten minutes. Look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Breaks, job security, management
fun place to work
Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 23, 2016
its not hard job who likes to wok in the chair all day and talk on the phone and help people pay there bills its very good company to work for
Great Corporate Culture and Management
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613September 7, 2015
The attendance policy and points system is difficult to navigate as a new hire. Especially for me since I have a ill special needs child. Commision incentive is kind of a scam. Break and lunch to short.
Pros
training, co workers, management, work enviornment
Cons
Attendance clock in clock out policy
Dont waste your time applying for this company
collector (Current Employee) –  overland park ksFebruary 18, 2015
There isnt enough room for me to describe all the reasons why this company should be your LAST option for employment. They will cut your pay without telling you. (Would you like to learn more?). Then apply and let the lies begin.
Pros
its a nice way to network and find better jobs else where
Cons
i dont have the time to explain it all to you
Management kept things interesting
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 16, 2015
The actual job can get stressful, but the company keeps things relaxed, fun, and encourages you to succeed. Debt collections.
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
Quotas have to be met each moth or you will lose your job
Place where you were not afraid to go to management for help.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 21, 2012
They use a rotary dialer so you get calls randomly so its kind of repeteitive but kind of not because there was different clients. I loved my co-workers they were always willing to help when you needed it. My manager was awesome he was always willing to help and show you better ways to do things. The hardest part of the job would be getting yelled at by the customers that you call. The most enjoyable part is when you actually get a client that pays their debt.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
wasn't crazy about the hours.
Great company culture
Database Administrator/SQL Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 6, 2013
I worked in the IT department. A typical day would include answering customer/staff calls and troubleshooting issues. Management was overall very easy to work with, but some of the higher levels tended to miss some of the details that were needed to make a project successful and timely. The hardest part of the job was the crazy hours we worked trying to meet arbitrary deadlines that were almost certainly pushed back the following week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, and their willingness to teach and mentor those with less experience.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Client Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 27, 2012
The work enviroment is very friendly. All employees are easy and nice to work with. Management is willing to help and listen to any problem you have or need to talk about. On a typical day our workload's are very busy, but it's a laid back enviroment so you can stay focused and on task, but at the same time enjoy the company of the co-workers.
Pros
good break schedule, pto provided
Cons
n/a
Very productive workplace
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 6, 2015
I did many different jobs at Veridian Credit Union. Working at Veridian is family. We all look out for one another. Everyone works together to see that the member gets what they need and are satisfied when they leave.
Pros
Bonuses, Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, hours
very easy job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 15, 2015
i really like this job but it can be very stressful when you get a customer thats very difficult.i like the fact that this company is not only about the customer but they treat their employees really well too
Pros
the incentives and the employees
Cons
stressful enviroment
Not Guarenteed
THIRD PARTY COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 11, 2015
In the beginning the job was amazing and now the job is heartbreaking. You walk into work not knowing if its your last day based off of the contract and what management is telling you
Good Company to work for
Collector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 12, 2012
Good Starting Pay with excellent beneifts, option for advancement is always available. Commission is part of the yearly salary. The down side to this company is that if a person does not meet their goal in 3 months the option for the company to let you go as an employee might be possible .
most of the time laid back atmosphere
Customer Solutions/Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  overland parkSeptember 5, 2014
you can make a lot of money on your bonus if you truly apply your skills and self. co workers are the best hardest part of job is staying positive and finding your niche to collect more.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
health insurance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2013
I enjoyed my time at the CBE Group, my co-workers were awesome and very helpful when I first started, the most enjoyable part of my job was helping consumers/borrowers who did not have the knowledge of what it would take for them to get out of federal default get out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBE Group. Our community is ready to answer.