CBE Group

CBE Group Employee Reviews

Very productive workplace
Collector (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, hours
I did many different jobs at Veridian Credit Union. Working at Veridian is family. We all look out for one another. Everyone works together to see that the member gets what they need and are satisfied when they leave.
very easy job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: the incentives and the employees
Cons: stressful enviroment
i really like this job but it can be very stressful when you get a customer thats very difficult.i like the fact that this company is not only about the customer but they treat their employees really well too
Dont waste your time applying for this company
collector (Current Employee), overland park ksFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: its a nice way to network and find better jobs else where
Cons: i dont have the time to explain it all to you
There isnt enough room for me to describe all the reasons why this company should be your LAST option for employment. They will cut your pay without telling you. (Would you like to learn more?). Then apply and let the lies begin.
Professional, yet family-like and fun work environment that allowed you to be yourself.
Collector (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: cook-offs, charity contests, making up missed time, 24 hours of personal days per year along with pto.
Cons: bonus structure being based on fee amount collected, points system, systems.
- Clock-in, preparing all systems & tools to be set-up for the work day, begin taking inbound & making outbound calls, being productive, & trying to collect as much money as possible on accounts in collections.
- I learned different methods to use in persuading the consumer to set-up arrangements in collections, or to pay their balance in full to avoid further issues.
- Management was some of the best I've worked for compared to previous employers. They were about professionalism & performing the duties that were at hand, but were lenient, fair, fun, & easy to talk to.
- My co-workers were easy to get along with & friendly, but also like family.
- Hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with system issues & irate consumers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was turning the job into a friendly competition with my co-workers, challenging each other to be better. Also, the incentives during certain times throughout the course of working at CBE.
Productive and fun
Customer service (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 28, 2014
Customer service and collection rep, data entry, takeing and receving incoming and outgoing calls
Not so caring about employees
Clerical (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 28, 2014
There is a lot of drama and the management does not care about their employees well. They have decent benefits but the pay is not equally distributed and you do not receive pay raises.
Family Feel
Representative/Collector (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 6, 2014
The work is challenging but extremely rewarding. Co-workers make this job easy to want to come back to day in and day out.
most of the time laid back atmosphere
Customer Solutions/Collection Representative (Current Employee), overland parkSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: health insurance
you can make a lot of money on your bonus if you truly apply your skills and self. co workers are the best hardest part of job is staying positive and finding your niche to collect more.
fun
assist our customers (Former Employee), overland park ksMay 15, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: bad pay
cbe was a fun place to work it was a fast paced company and it was very upbeat.
Worked with some of the best supervisors
Collections and Customer Service (Former Employee), Overland Park, KsMay 15, 2014
Pros: supervisors
Cons: pay
Really liked my co-workers that I worked with. Typical day I
would come in and take inbound and outbound calls.
High Stress Job with little payout
Bilingual Collector (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAApril 2, 2014
Pros: collections experience, customer service, i could use my bilingual skills
Cons: high stress work environment created by company not the actual job
High stress environment that had constantly changing 'rules'. A typical day had new rules to learn or a change of rules and maybe even twice a day changing of the same rule. Watching people get fired. Speaking to customers on the phone in order to try and collect debts, work out payment plans with consumers and taking payments. Some of management were educated, organised and nice, others liked to micromanage and caused high stress levels, others were very disorganised and displayed personal bias towards certain people and were counterproductive. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Nice Fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was watching my own numbers so that I didn't get cheated out of pay or so that I could prove I met or exceeded goals. The company says they keep track but the systems error a lot and if you don't keep track yourself and bring the accounts CBE missed (or didn't credit you) to a managers attention. Also,it important to keep track of your numbers and accounts because you can lose your job by not meeting goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service and helping people resolve debts.
Great Enviorment
Supervisor (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 19, 2014
As a supervisor of a new account at this company there were a lot of hours required (60+ weekly). I started out as a collections rep and was advanced in less than 9 months to a Supervisor. I actually loved my jobs. The hours just got to be too much with a young child.
nice group of people to work with
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: vacation days
the hardest part of this job is no vacation days
typical day is being on the phones all day
co=workers are nice
Worked only on contract - cannot provide adequate review
Contract Programmer (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJanuary 3, 2014
Co-workers were great. Hardest part was not being a "real" employee. Learned additional skills that I used in my next job.
The best paying job I ever had.
Student Loans Collector (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2013
Pros: the bounus was uncapped.
Cons: the company did not promote from within when i was working there.
I met a lot of nice people working here. I learned a lot about collecting on US Dept of Education Student loans and the Rehabilitation Program.
Very well company
Collector (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: great company, lots of great people, also lunches were available to you at work.
Cons: making the phone calls
A typical day at work would be coming in and signing in to the computer and start the phone calls. I learned a lot of the legal side of what a debt collector can and can not do and what the consumer could do legally as well. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was the phone call themselves you got some really good phone calls but others you got really nasty people. The people that worked there it was like working with family.
inbound call center
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: sat. and sun. off
Cons: not every client cooperated
Answering incoming calls as well as making outgoing contacts. Working with clients inregards to debt and credit scores and making payment arrangments
Excellent work environment, advancement, training, etc
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 3, 2013
Excellent learning opportunities, work environment, manager are very helpful and willing to teach new things. Management training.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2013
I enjoyed my time at the CBE Group, my co-workers were awesome and very helpful when I first started, the most enjoyable part of my job was helping consumers/borrowers who did not have the knowledge of what it would take for them to get out of federal default get out.
The future of collection agencies
Collector (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 23, 2013
Management and co-workers were great to work with. Collecting on delinquent accounts from unpleasant people was the hardest part of the job.

CBE Group Salaries