CBE Group Employee Reviews

Strict work environment with minimal engagement with employees.
Executive Liaison Writer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 17, 2017
The compensation was fair; however, they managers frequently changed strategies and did not allow an appropriate time frame to truly collect data to gauge results. It cause a lot of duplicate entries and counterproductive work.
Job
Debt Recovery Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 12, 2017
If you like and can handle third party collections than this place is not So bad compare to the rest of the industries.
I would recommend this to any one looking for a steady paying job.
Cbe
Administration Certification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 6, 2017
It's a good place to work. You spend all day on the phones. They are good with your schedule typically. Debt Collection takes a special kind of person, but when you can actually help people, it's nice.
Typical day
Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 25, 2017
Coming into work I would log on, and check e-mail's or would work with whatever it was that I was set to do that day, would continue until my shift is over.
it was a fun place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2017
working hear was good verying on I worked with very friendly and even the managers was nice, I was sad when they closed are office in Des Moines. I Had made a lot of friends working hear
good work place
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 30, 2017
god management and supervisors good benefits got along with co-workers gave time off for emergancys some over time god working hours god pay and commishions
Pros
good work invierment
Cons
I wouldn't know that much - I was just an intern
Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMarch 5, 2017
I was grateful for an opportunity to work hard and practice SAS-based database exploration (in an admittedly labyrinthine database).

The people were nice, too.
Family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 22, 2017
I love working at CBE Group in Overland Park office all the supervisors were always available and very helpful I didn't feel like just an employee I felt like family there I loved CBE Group and hate the office closed
good work place
collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 17, 2017
i enjoyed working with my co-workers on a daily bases and talking to customers about accounts that i collect on and helping them find ways to pay their accounts and giving options on other sources
Pros
bonuses
Very Unethical
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJanuary 3, 2017
Not a friendly place to work
Unethical management and executive decisions and treatment of employees
Compensation was not fair to tenure employees and ones with experience
fun and challenging atmosphere
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with, and the family culture. I loved that the CBE Group was involved in many community fundraising programs.
Pros
Benefits and attendance policy
Cons
complaint calls from customers
Productive and family oriented work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work at CBE Group was very busy, all supervisor were hands on and open to help with any issue ,I always felt very relevant and appreciated. The hardest part about CBE Group was having to leave due to closure of the Overland Park office, The most enjoyable part was getting to know all management and co workers and building relationships with them all.
Pros
Cbe was very understanding and helpfull with any issue we had i always felt at home there
Cons
I wasnt there long enough
laid back none stop phone calls with good coffee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 26, 2016
customer service rep, long days of a lot of trying to get payments from Verizon wireless customers.

Laid back atmosphere, just didn't like getting yelled at, cursed out and hung up on by customers.
Proud of the work we do
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 26, 2016
Most of my career at CBE has been as a collections associate and I would say that I am most proud of how we are changing the collection industry. Treating consumers with respect and understanding, while still meeting the needs of our clients is so important to our company and it shows in each call that we make. I won't say that it is easy to work here - the expectations are high. You have to work hard, adapt to change and have a positive attitude, even on your toughest days. But you'll be rewarded with opportunities for advancement, co-workers and management who you can build lifelong friendships with and find pride and purpose in your work.
I really like my job
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working here. The management is good, and they seem to care. My pay could be better, but it could also be worse. If I have good attendance, I bonus off it. Good opportunity to move up. Investigating fraud is interesting, so its not boring, though it is difficult at first. Good training program.
The bottom line and secret to working here and being happy is: if you come to work and do your job, there's no problems. Most of the complaints I hear are from people that come in some of the time or come in and just mess around. I would recommend working here if you are someone that actually wants to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay could be better
Great work environment and caring employees.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy the overall feel of the center. Very open and comfortable. Many employees participate in various in house and external charity events. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Good supervisors
A great place to start your career!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls/WaterlooAugust 19, 2016
I am currently a Supervisor at CBE, but started my employment with the company as a Call Center Rep. I have grown professionally and personally throughout my tenure here. I feel like CBE cares about the people more than other employers I've been employed with. The company is constantly looking for new ways to improve benefits, compensation and environment for employees. I would suggest this as a great place to start your career!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Pay
fun place to work
Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 23, 2016
its not hard job who likes to wok in the chair all day and talk on the phone and help people pay there bills its very good company to work for
Do not waste your time
Student loans (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 29, 2016
Worked for the department of educaton for ten months. Was told for weeks if I hit minimum of my goal I would be alright and not let go. They fired several people without warning. I was 38 weeks pregnant when they let me go. I hit goal and everything. I honestly think it was because they did not want to pay me maternity leave. Don't waste your time, management lies to your face. When they called a group of us in the office they had management pack up our things. They had second shift come to work and get called in the office right away while first shift collected all day for them to make money and then let us go. With your breaks you had to log off a computer and log back in. Sometimes it took five minutes to log back on, if your late you got disciplined for it. So a 15 minute break would really be ten minutes. Look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Breaks, job security, management
Great Corporate Culture and Management
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613September 7, 2015
The attendance policy and points system is difficult to navigate as a new hire. Especially for me since I have a ill special needs child. Commision incentive is kind of a scam. Break and lunch to short.
Pros
training, co workers, management, work enviornment
Cons
Attendance clock in clock out policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBE Group. Our community is ready to answer.