CBE Group Employee Reviews in United States

Proud of the work we do
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 26, 2016
Most of my career at CBE has been as a collections associate and I would say that I am most proud of how we are changing the collection industry. Treating consumers with respect and understanding, while still meeting the needs of our clients is so important to our company and it shows in each call that we make. I won't say that it is easy to work here - the expectations are high. You have to work hard, adapt to change and have a positive attitude, even on your toughest days. But you'll be rewarded with opportunities for advancement, co-workers and management who you can build lifelong friendships with and find pride and purpose in your work.
I really like my job
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working here. The management is good, and they seem to care. My pay could be better, but it could also be worse. If I have good attendance, I bonus off it. Good opportunity to move up. Investigating fraud is interesting, so its not boring, though it is difficult at first. Good training program.
The bottom line and secret to working here and being happy is: if you come to work and do your job, there's no problems. Most of the complaints I hear are from people that come in some of the time or come in and just mess around. I would recommend working here if you are someone that actually wants to work.
Pros
Cons
Pay could be better
Great work environment and caring employees.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2016
I enjoy the overall feel of the center. Very open and comfortable. Many employees participate in various in house and external charity events. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Good supervisors
A great place to start your career!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls/WaterlooAugust 19, 2016
I am currently a Supervisor at CBE, but started my employment with the company as a Call Center Rep. I have grown professionally and personally throughout my tenure here. I feel like CBE cares about the people more than other employers I've been employed with. The company is constantly looking for new ways to improve benefits, compensation and environment for employees. I would suggest this as a great place to start your career!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Pay
fun place to work
Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 23, 2016
its not hard job who likes to wok in the chair all day and talk on the phone and help people pay there bills its very good company to work for
Do not waste your time
Student loans (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 29, 2016
Worked for the department of educaton for ten months. Was told for weeks if I hit minimum of my goal I would be alright and not let go. They fired several people without warning. I was 38 weeks pregnant when they let me go. I hit goal and everything. I honestly think it was because they did not want to pay me maternity leave. Don't waste your time, management lies to your face. When they called a group of us in the office they had management pack up our things. They had second shift come to work and get called in the office right away while first shift collected all day for them to make money and then let us go. With your breaks you had to log off a computer and log back in. Sometimes it took five minutes to log back on, if your late you got disciplined for it. So a 15 minute break would really be ten minutes. Look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Breaks, job security, management
Great Corporate Culture and Management
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613September 7, 2015
The attendance policy and points system is difficult to navigate as a new hire. Especially for me since I have a ill special needs child. Commision incentive is kind of a scam. Break and lunch to short.
Pros
training, co workers, management, work enviornment
Cons
Attendance clock in clock out policy
Management kept things interesting
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 16, 2015
The actual job can get stressful, but the company keeps things relaxed, fun, and encourages you to succeed. Debt collections.
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
Quotas have to be met each moth or you will lose your job
Not Guarenteed
THIRD PARTY COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 11, 2015
In the beginning the job was amazing and now the job is heartbreaking. You walk into work not knowing if its your last day based off of the contract and what management is telling you
reliable job security
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  overland park, ksJune 3, 2015
it was a good company to bring income into the household. they said they cared about the employees opinion but when we voiced them it seemed like they were overlooked. they did everything by business needs and acted like they didn't care about the life goings of the staff. the managers were there to help when needed but was able to be there all the time. the start our pay was great but the bonus and pay raise structure was not very fair. the co-workers were there just to collect a pay check but awesome to be friends with. management was there when they weren't 'busy' and helped when they could. other than that you had to rely on the team leads and some weren't very helpful and was rude and condescending of their co-workers. you had to deal with angry as well as very enjoyable consumers, but that was all part of being a debt collector. hours were available to work and they always needed people to work overtime, but they tried to make you feel bad when you said you couldn't work over your regular hours. the PTO was not a good incentive they only gave 3.52 hrs every pay period and was only allowed to use in hour increments. you did have personal time but it wasn't paid, and you also had make up request which you got to re-do your schedule for the day but you had to make up hours missed or you will get points. the points system is great for employee structure, you were allowed so many points before you got a DA or terminated. but it should be allowed to where employees could buy back the points instead of waiting a yr to the day for them to fall off and go back to 0. working Saturdays  more... was part of regular schedule but you had rotating where every 3 weeks you would work that's not bad if you don't care to work in weekends but you don't have much time to care of personal needs that required only weekday visits, and also if you need to have that Saturday off and you are scheduled to work you HAVE to have someone switch or you would have to work the next 3 Saturdays. PTO and personal/makeup wasn't allowed.  less
Very productive workplace
Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAApril 6, 2015
I did many different jobs at Veridian Credit Union. Working at Veridian is family. We all look out for one another. Everyone works together to see that the member gets what they need and are satisfied when they leave.
Pros
Bonuses, Insurance, Vacation, Sick time, hours
very easy job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 15, 2015
i really like this job but it can be very stressful when you get a customer thats very difficult.i like the fact that this company is not only about the customer but they treat their employees really well too
Pros
the incentives and the employees
Cons
stressful enviroment
Dont waste your time applying for this company
collector (Current Employee) –  overland park ksFebruary 18, 2015
There isnt enough room for me to describe all the reasons why this company should be your LAST option for employment. They will cut your pay without telling you. (Would you like to learn more?). Then apply and let the lies begin.
Pros
its a nice way to network and find better jobs else where
Cons
i dont have the time to explain it all to you
Professional, yet family-like and fun work environment that allowed you to be yourself.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2015
- Clock-in, preparing all systems & tools to be set-up for the work day, begin taking inbound & making outbound calls, being productive, & trying to collect as much money as possible on accounts in collections.
- I learned different methods to use in persuading the consumer to set-up arrangements in collections, or to pay their balance in full to avoid further issues.
- Management was some of the best I've worked for compared to previous employers. They were about professionalism & performing the duties that were at hand, but were lenient, fair, fun, & easy to talk to.
- My co-workers were easy to get along with & friendly, but also like family.
- Hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with system issues & irate consumers.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was turning the job into a friendly competition with my co-workers, challenging each other to be better. Also, the incentives during certain times throughout the course of working at CBE.
Pros
cook-offs, charity contests, making up missed time, 24 hours of personal days per year along with pto.
Cons
bonus structure being based on fee amount collected, points system, systems.
Productive and fun
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 28, 2014
Customer service and collection rep, data entry, takeing and receving incoming and outgoing calls
Not so caring about employees
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 28, 2014
There is a lot of drama and the management does not care about their employees well. They have decent benefits but the pay is not equally distributed and you do not receive pay raises.
Family Feel
Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 6, 2014
The work is challenging but extremely rewarding. Co-workers make this job easy to want to come back to day in and day out.
most of the time laid back atmosphere
Customer Solutions/Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  overland parkSeptember 5, 2014
you can make a lot of money on your bonus if you truly apply your skills and self. co workers are the best hardest part of job is staying positive and finding your niche to collect more.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
health insurance
fun
assist our customers (Former Employee) –  overland park ksMay 15, 2014
cbe was a fun place to work it was a fast paced company and it was very upbeat.
Pros
fun
Cons
bad pay
Worked with some of the best supervisors
Collections and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KsMay 15, 2014
Really liked my co-workers that I worked with. Typical day I
would come in and take inbound and outbound calls.
Pros
supervisors
Cons
pay