CBEM Employee Reviews

Fantastic Team!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CADecember 14, 2016
CBEM is a wonderful place to work. I have never had such a supportive team! The company values connection, excellence, and service. I have always felt that the management and administrative staff prioritize my goals and my work. I have learned so much while working for CBEM!
Pros
Flexibility, supportive management, great benefits, fun teams!
Cis
CIS (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2016
The turnover is horrific! The clients are great but the conditions working with CBEM are terrible. They completely violate the BBS in claiming hours as the Supervisors "take over" your cases and micromanage you until you can't take it anymore. The Administration is arrogant and makes a new policy every time you move. They force you to bring an assist to every appointment, even your micromanaging supervisor, which compromises the client relationship and takes you 10 steps back. The money is terrible considering they offer flexibility, but give you absolutely none. Anyone will tell you that the amount of paperwork is soooo extreme and the only time you can work on it is during your personal time (which goes down the drain). No one last more than a year, so don't plan to stay long and still have a life.
Pros
The clients and the Regional Center
Cons
Everything, especially managment
Wonderful Staff
ABA tutor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJuly 31, 2015
Learned so much and felt really held by the people who work there. The time I spent at CBEM definitely gave me skills and knowledge.
Great work and clients; inconsistent hours
Applied Behavior Analysis Tutor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 25, 2015
If you enjoy working with kids, this job is the best. If you prefer an efficient, kind, positive, research-driven culture then CBEM is the right company. The one big caveat is that the hours are inconsistent. My schedule at one point looked great: 25 hours with the (tentative) promise of even more, which would bump me up to full-time. However, just because you're scheduled for that many hours doesn't mean that you will actually work that many. Clients can cancel at anytime for virtually any reason. If they cancel at the door then you get paid for two hours (a typical session is 2-2.5 hours). But they can cancel 30 minutes before and you won't get paid. Or the night before. Or they might take a vacation and you'll be out 12.5 hours that week. It's completely their prerogative to take whatever time they need (my clients frequently cancelled due to doctors' appointments), but the company - or better yet, the insurance companies that fund tutors' salary - do not have a cancellation policy in place outside of "at the door cancellations." I can honestly say that my dear supervisor tried her best to get me as many hours as possible. It's not her fault, nor is it the clients'. It's simply the pay structure. I loved (LOVED) working with my clients and I miss them dearly, but I can't live on what I was earning. So if you can afford to work part-time with insecure hours, then it might work out for you, but don't count on having as many hours as you are scheduled for, and know that it might change quickly.
Pros
Wonderful work environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBEM. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2