Cbeyond Employee Reviews

Cold calling
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 24, 2015
This was a great entry level sales position. They sell T1 internet and cloud services. They streamlined solutions could be a tough sale some times but overall they compensated fairly and I enjoyed working with my peers.
n/a
Design and Configuration Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2015
okay place to work; company has been bought out so it is ran under new management. atmosphere has changed since the company merger
overall a fun place to work
noc (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: Management
Co-workers are.cool form the most part. Able to learn a lot about different products. Management is in a desperate need of over hauling as they do not have the back of their employees and make you feel at anytime you will be walked out. I say a god place to learn but not so good when it comes to anything else.
It was cool when it existed
Marketing Automation Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Acquired
I enjoyed my time at Cbeyond My coworkers were nice and it was a great place to work until it was acquired by Birch and it went downhill from there. I heard its better there now.
Company Buyout
Account Development Director (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 20, 2015
Company was purchased back in July 2014. Previous company culture was rewarding and great opportunity for advancements.
Very Productive and Fun Place to work
Network Activations / Optimization Enigneer (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Very Flexible Work Environment with plenty of room for growth and training.
Cons: Healthcare was a little shy
Company as a whole was very sound. It had great Work environments, Comfortable desks, very good management, Employee amenities.. Amazing Co Workers and Great Teachers.. Hardest Part of the Job would be taking in other departments work on the fly that you were not familiar with, I learned so much about Networking at this job its hard to put it all into one paragraph.
Productive and fun place to work.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Company parties
Cons: Laid off after six months
At Cbeyond, my job was to call on existing clients to up-sell our newer products as well as to renew the clients contract with Cbeyond.
Management not supportive of employees.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Management not supportive of employees. Company culture does not support advancement. Management not supportive of employees. Company culture does not support advancement.
Cloud Services provider
Sr. Manager, Public Relations & Social Media (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
Cbeyond was acquired by Birch Communications in 2014. Worked as part of the Marketing Communications Team supporting Senior Leadership Team, Internal Communications and Business Units.
Great Culture with emphasis on giving back
Senior Product and Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAMarch 16, 2015
I spent nearly 14 years working at Cbeyond from the very early days of the start up, I was employee number 133, until the IT systems were migrated post-merger with Birch.
The best thing about the culture at Cbeyond was a culture of giving back. Cbeyond was very involved with non-profits at the local and national level. We were expected to give back to the community and the company encouraged it to be done during work hours.
After 14 years I acquired a lot of knowledge of the history of the company and was able to help others when they needed past information.
Company boughjt out by Birch
Customer Care Tier I Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
When I first joined this company was very excited about the opportunity. Two month in & everyone started getting laid off. Was deceived from day one. Cbeyond no longer exists.
N/A
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Due to the short period of time I worked at this company, I reserve my opinion. The culture was great,but the product not so good.
Sales support activist
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee), San DiegoFebruary 2, 2015
I support the sales team from VP of sales to the account manager deliberating solutioning and listening to customers daily. Responding to technical inquiries from account managers, customer and partners are my core strength coupled with face to face or audio conferencing calls.
Also keeping my internal stake holders informed are key communication strategies I employ for seamless transition from sales to operation.
My job is to help, advise and influence solutions in closing deals month over month for increase revenue objectives.

I lead, leverage and learn to better corporate objectives.
like it
Sr. Talent Partner/Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
strong company wish it still existed. Birch is the new name, they need a TA strategy to compete in todays market place. Best of luck!
Not good.
Field Solutions Advisor / Account Manager (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: most
If you like micromanagement, this place was for you! No support! Long days, not enough pay. I believe they were bought out by another company.
Empowered me to better my self both personally and Professionally
Project Manager, Training and Development (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: monthly lunches, mile stone parties, family atmosphere
Cons: bought out by a company that didnt care about the people.
Family atmosphere where the people were kind and like minded. We pushed each other on a daily basis whether it be personal or professional goals, to be better each and every day. They provided lunch on a monthly basis and we had "Mile" parties when hitting mile stones for the company. I felt like a person and not a statistic working for this company and I have a lot to thank for being given the opportunity to prove myslef.
Overall
Toll Free/ TN Lead Account Manager (Former Employee), AtlantaJanuary 23, 2015
So far, one of the best places I've worked for. I hope I find a job that tops it.
TN Provisioning Specialist/Analyst (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
This company is a company that cares for the customer, as well as it’s employees. They care relentlessly, they act graciously, they lead courageously, and learn continuously.
A typical day at work
Coordinated Services (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Working for Cbeyond was exiting. I have met a lot of really good people and learned a lot. We were recently acquired by Birch and I am learning all new things, which is good.
Challenging, fast paced environment that was continuously evolving
Product & Pricing Designer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Cbeyond (before it was purchased by Birch in 2014) was a great place to work. Lots of enthusiasm and an extremely hard-working and driven group of folks that were very dedicated to spirit of Cbeyond. I thoroughly enjoyed my job with Cbeyond and cherished the team I worked on.
Headquarters