CBI Group, Inc.

CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

CBI review
Construction Engineer (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 8, 2015
Pros: we have holydays off
Cons: very frequent work procedure
It is a decent work environment, most employees are very professional. I have learned so much about welding procedures and metals. The management is fine, the hardest part is they have very frequent layoffs.
Good work atmosphere and good wages
Journeyman Scaffold worker (Former Employee), Glen Rose, TXApril 4, 2015
CBI had excellent leadership and equipment to perform job. Provides good tools to perform jobs. Good directions to complete jobs. Good wages.
Profesional
Construction Superintendent/Inspector (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMarch 28, 2015
Hard Working and dedicated work. Good conditions and good Management. Review work packages for closure. I work with a very experianced group of co-workers.
nice place
Shop Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2015
I enjoyed working with crew. learned a lot about nuclear safety. large facility with multiple coworkers with different personality's everywhere.
Nice Company
Shipping Material Handler (Former Employee), Walker, LAMarch 13, 2015
Nice Company to work for. I learn different this on this short position to help me continue to strive for a great career. There was really nothing hard about this job
Great Company
Pipe Superintendent (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: giving awards and free monthly lunches
safety is a must and is not used as a reason to fire personal working together,caring,helping each other,very well managed
challenging environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: professional environment
Cons: zero tolerance for incompetence
CBI, being a global company, with various divisions, requires excellence in professional performance as well as political correctness. Whatever your assignment, you have predecessors and successors that require your overview confirming both are keeping progress moving in the correct direction and that surprises are kept to a minimum.
Team Work
Director, Business Development (Former Employee), Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2014
My duties were vast and varied based on what our clients needed each day. I cold called, warm called, handled client relations, networking and any management needs in the office. Management was open to feedback, fun to work with, appreciative of the work done, and worked to make the work place a better place to be. The company had great benefits. I was very sad to leave.
CBI's Culture
Civil Discipline Cost Estimator - Level II (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: the work hours
Cons: the cons are is that this url/website is laden with errors, it does not allow you to enter what you want to say.
The Culture at CBI was more concerned about their Jobs than performing A++ work. Very Low stress, it would be a great job in one way for an entry level estimator. However, it could skew a young inexperienced person that CBI is the benchmark for estimating. And it is far from it.
Good performance with a good team work.
pipefitter/ foreman (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 17, 2014
The most important thing is that in 10 working months we had zero accidents, handling and rigging pipes was safe, excellent forklift operations, team work and sharing co-worker experiences helped a lot in order to make a good job.
Thanks God and every body best efforts the job was done.
Had a nice uniform and felt like a security guard
Secur it y Officer (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: had a flashlight and flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
My day went checking in with my post and had to make sure the facility was secured and safe from intruders.Have learned how maintain security and safe environment. Had great staff to work with and hardest part was thinking about what could happen and needed to do in that situation and the best part was feeling that I was securing the compound.
Structured
Broker (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2014
Provides you with all the tools necessary to be a successful broker
Very good to work with you if you do your job.
Armed Security Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 25, 2014
Pros: i fill like they have the best training in this field.
Cons: little to no chance of getting a pay increase.
You will like the training that you will get and how friendly coworkers are to you.You do your expected to do they will help you when need.
Terrible
Staff (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TxJune 24, 2014
The admin staff in The Woodlands is treated like work horses. No bonus structure, and a seasoned professional starts off with 2 weeks of vacation. Senior management is very unorganized. You are FORCED to participate in charity events, being harassed to donate money. Do not apply, dysfunctional is putting it mildly.
I had a good experience working at this company.
Material Coordinator/Fatigue Coordinator (Former Employee), Homestead, FLMay 14, 2014
Excellent management. Co-workers were great. I had a good experience working at this company.
I Love My Job With Them
Welder (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 10, 2014
It was a great Company to work for.I learn a lot over the years . an if offer a chance to com back i would.
Productive and busy work days.
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Milford, DEMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good over time
Cons: issues with the marketplace
A typical work day is doing community outreach. I am going out into the communities to engage people who do not have health insurance and help them enroll in the Afforadable Care Act or Medicaid/Medicare programs. I learned that there are a lot of people who do not know much information about the Affordable Care Act or how to enroll through the Marketplace. Overall, the management is good and I like how they run things. We have a good team. the hardest part of the job is that the marketplace still has some issues and makes it hard to enroll people sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am helping people every day.
Very supportive staff
Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: wilingl to teach and counsel in career building
Very supportive and encouraging staff to work with. Enjoyed working with staff.
good place to work
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: small amount of man power
A typical day starts with a safety meeting and line up on the project of the day and any problems of the day before and try to solve them before we begin the day.problem solving,listen to other,team work.management available to assist and lead to accomplish work safely .co- worker are pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the day is the environment and weather.the most enjoyable part of the day is to accomplish a job well done.
Duties
Electrical Engineer III (Current Employee), Canton, MAFebruary 17, 2014
• Fulfilled role of acting Lead Electrical Engineer at site in China for China AP1000 project
• Daily client interaction for conflict resolution and meeting costly milestones.
• One of only three Administrators for Shaw Cable Manger for 4 China AP1000 Sites
• Created and managed multiple SCM databases for China AP1000 project
• Managed & provided training to client personnel and colleagues for Shaw Cable Manager & Smart Plant Electrical applications
• Prepared equipment sizing calculations for Diesel Generators, MCCs, Low Voltage Power Panels, UPS Power Panels, Batteries & Chargers
• Prepared numerous One-Line Diagrams, Design Criteria documents, Cable Specifications, Combined Wiring Diagrams and various other engineering documents.
• Current Cable Specialist in Training