CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

CBI is a good place to work but doesn't offer advancement
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 5, 2015
Good work place with great co-workers. Your accomplishments are recognized. Most days are fast paced. I do a lot of lifting which sometimes causes strained muscles. I enjoy my breaks, which gives me time to interact with my co-workers.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Benefits not that good
I have enjoyed my time working for CBI.
Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nine Mile Point Nuclear StationJune 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current position is the latitude we have in designing, installing, and testing nuclear plant modifications. The results are directly associated with the work and thinking we put into them.

I am working with very experienced, knowledgeable engineers and operators. It is actually fun to go to work.
Pros
Flexibility in planning our work
Cons
I am currently limited to only two years at my present location.
productive and fun to work atmosphere
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I have the chance to work with a very good and nice people, I was always introduced to the company in a professional matter and I did my best to complete projects ahead of schedule, and all my concerns met with friendly atmosphere
very prouctive, job stabiltiy
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2016
It is very great company to work for so much opportunity. The modules that we are building is a great thing for the world. A very friendly work place. Safety comes first and then customers
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
insurance can be costly at times
Great company to work for.
Operations Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
The we're very helpful in our transition.They made sure we understand the process. And checked on us weekly to making sure that we we're ok.
Security
Armed Special Security (Current Employee) –  SLCMay 19, 2015
Long hours, hard work, extremely low pay, no benefits. Lots of smack-down. Working with the public is the best part of the job and all of the variety to the job is awesome.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay
Project was good.
HSE Consultant Turnaround Fall (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNApril 12, 2016
Great team at flint hills. they made me feel like one of them and I really enjoyed my time there look forward to another turnaround at pinebend.
Very devirsiffied company, willing to allow employees the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
HSE/QA Mngr (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 28, 2016
A very professional company to work for. The managers are interested in your success and development. If a person likes to work on safe construction projects than this is the company.
Team Work
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2014
My duties were vast and varied based on what our clients needed each day. I cold called, warm called, handled client relations, networking and any management needs in the office. Management was open to feedback, fun to work with, appreciative of the work done, and worked to make the work place a better place to be. The company had great benefits. I was very sad to leave.
Checker
Electrical Designer/ Chevh (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Busy, every day all day, non stop. Checking, drawings, going to the site, talking to vendors, going to morning meetings.

Want to know more about CBI Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
Power Engineering experienced Company
Nuclear Projects Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 21, 2015
Put a lot affords for nuclear safety culture. A lot of training, by professional and experienced personnel. A lot of attention to work related safety.
Conflict of Interest
Temporary Bilingual Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, DelawareJuly 28, 2015
The management at this company is not your friend. In order to maintain employers that pay their salaries and monthly bonuses, their temp employees in Placers Staffing are not supported and backed when a situation arises between their temp and the employer.

It's a conflict of interest to be hired by CBI Group as a temp to work at one of their contracted employers and you the temp employee will lose every time.
Pros
Cons
Don't back you up or stand up for you against their contracted employers
A very productive learning experience
Civil Field Engineer Level II/CEWI Level I (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 31, 2013
Since starting with Shaw grp back in early 2012 I have learned a great deal of new approaches in concrete construction governed by ACI 308,318,349. Also started with structural steel and welding Inspection which I had little to no knowledge in. The hardest part of my job is figuring out ways to keep construction on schedule with out losing quality which is the most enjoyable part of my job as well.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, high speed environment
Poor management, loved the job itself, co-workers (good), no opportunity for advancement
Records Information Management (Former Employee) –  Wayneboro, DASeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the job itself overall and learned a lot about Records Information Management. The Management was very poor and Employee's were not treated fairly. I really missed and enjoyed being in the Duke System. Duke treats there Employee's excellent.
Had a nice uniform and felt like a security guard
Secur it y Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJuly 24, 2014
My day went checking in with my post and had to make sure the facility was secured and safe from intruders.Have learned how maintain security and safe environment. Had great staff to work with and hardest part was thinking about what could happen and needed to do in that situation and the best part was feeling that I was securing the compound.
Pros
had a flashlight and flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Great opportunity to learn new skills
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 21, 2013
Company size created opportunities for staff to take on challenging roles and responsibilities both in house and in the field.
Pros
challenging work, opportunities
Cons
as a small company- not any as company offeered best opps and benefits it could
New Nuclear contruction
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 21, 2015
Was busy for most of the day. Many challenges in the schedule area. Many managers, not a lot of worker bees. Many procedures and practices not clearly identified and not followed.
Very busy office enviroment
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 24, 2013
Best job I have ever had. Truly loved all my coworkers. Working in a fabrication shop with up to 150 employees and being the shop secretary if was always busy and I handled all office functions.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
closed shop and moved everything to beaumont
CBI was a great opportunity
welder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena TexasOctober 21, 2013
CBI was a great opportunity, I got to travel to many states and enjoyed wonder incentives and benefits of working for this company.
Bear was a great Supervisor.
Pros
tons
demanding fun work
construction worker (Current Employee) –  Bear River City, UTSeptember 10, 2015
bolting steel frame work together and sheeting it with tin. labor intensive at times but enjoyable. good co workers and the boss buys lunch everyday.

4.3