CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

very prouctive, job stabiltiy
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2016
It is very great company to work for so much opportunity. The modules that we are building is a great thing for the world. A very friendly work place. Safety comes first and then customers
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
insurance can be costly at times
Project was good.
HSE Consultant Turnaround Fall (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNApril 12, 2016
Great team at flint hills. they made me feel like one of them and I really enjoyed my time there look forward to another turnaround at pinebend.
Checker
Electrical Designer/ Chevh (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Busy, every day all day, non stop. Checking, drawings, going to the site, talking to vendors, going to morning meetings.
Very devirsiffied company, willing to allow employees the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
HSE/QA Mngr (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 28, 2016
A very professional company to work for. The managers are interested in your success and development. If a person likes to work on safe construction projects than this is the company.
Power Engineering experienced Company
Nuclear Projects Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 21, 2015
Put a lot affords for nuclear safety culture. A lot of training, by professional and experienced personnel. A lot of attention to work related safety.
CBI is a good place to work but doesn't offer advancement
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 5, 2015
Good work place with great co-workers. Your accomplishments are recognized. Most days are fast paced. I do a lot of lifting which sometimes causes strained muscles. I enjoy my breaks, which gives me time to interact with my co-workers.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Benefits not that good
New Nuclear contruction
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 21, 2015
Was busy for most of the day. Many challenges in the schedule area. Many managers, not a lot of worker bees. Many procedures and practices not clearly identified and not followed.
Poor management, loved the job itself, co-workers (good), no opportunity for advancement
Records Information Management (Former Employee) –  Wayneboro, DASeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the job itself overall and learned a lot about Records Information Management. The Management was very poor and Employee's were not treated fairly. I really missed and enjoyed being in the Duke System. Duke treats there Employee's excellent.
demanding fun work
construction worker (Current Employee) –  Bear River City, UTSeptember 10, 2015
bolting steel frame work together and sheeting it with tin. labor intensive at times but enjoyable. good co workers and the boss buys lunch everyday.
Very good company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 18, 2015
The hiring process was fast,staff was very polite,work environment was clean,lunch area also,kept water supplied to worker through out the shifst change was on time
Conflict of Interest
Temporary Bilingual Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, DelawareJuly 28, 2015
The management at this company is not your friend. In order to maintain employers that pay their salaries and monthly bonuses, their temp employees in Placers Staffing are not supported and backed when a situation arises between their temp and the employer.

It's a conflict of interest to be hired by CBI Group as a temp to work at one of their contracted employers and you the temp employee will lose every time.
Pros
Cons
Don't back you up or stand up for you against their contracted employers
Security
Armed Special Security (Current Employee) –  SLCMay 19, 2015
Long hours, hard work, extremely low pay, no benefits. Lots of smack-down. Working with the public is the best part of the job and all of the variety to the job is awesome.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay
CBI review
Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 8, 2015
It is a decent work environment, most employees are very professional. I have learned so much about welding procedures and metals. The management is fine, the hardest part is they have very frequent layoffs.
Pros
we have holydays off
Cons
very frequent work procedure
Good work atmosphere and good wages
Journeyman Scaffold worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXApril 4, 2015
CBI had excellent leadership and equipment to perform job. Provides good tools to perform jobs. Good directions to complete jobs. Good wages.
Profesional
Construction Superintendent/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 28, 2015
Hard Working and dedicated work. Good conditions and good Management. Review work packages for closure. I work with a very experianced group of co-workers.
nice place
Shop Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 14, 2015
I enjoyed working with crew. learned a lot about nuclear safety. large facility with multiple coworkers with different personality's everywhere.
Nice Company
Shipping Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAMarch 13, 2015
Nice Company to work for. I learn different this on this short position to help me continue to strive for a great career. There was really nothing hard about this job
Great Company
Pipe Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 1, 2015
safety is a must and is not used as a reason to fire personal working together,caring,helping each other,very well managed
Pros
giving awards and free monthly lunches
challenging environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 4, 2015
CBI, being a global company, with various divisions, requires excellence in professional performance as well as political correctness. Whatever your assignment, you have predecessors and successors that require your overview confirming both are keeping progress moving in the correct direction and that surprises are kept to a minimum.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
zero tolerance for incompetence
Team Work
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2014
My duties were vast and varied based on what our clients needed each day. I cold called, warm called, handled client relations, networking and any management needs in the office. Management was open to feedback, fun to work with, appreciative of the work done, and worked to make the work place a better place to be. The company had great benefits. I was very sad to leave.

4.3