CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

military job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GANovember 1, 2016
Great place to work. Staff is also very helpful in training and giving out information to their employees. Benefits are and 401k plan are a plus. Chances for growth within the company
Pros
growth within
Cons
short lunch breaks
I did alot of thing for this company.
Foreman/ Lead man for Custodians (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 16, 2016
This company is good to work for. The pay is good and the people were pleasant. I would work for them again if an opportunity would come up. There benefits were great also
Not the experience i expected working new nucleur for the first time.
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 29, 2016
I arrived there after the job had been running for 5 years. The lack of organization surprised me along with poor upper management. Thousands of people worked this job and the transportation to and from the job site was terrible. I worked around a lot of supportive and good craftsman though.
Pros
received experience working new nucleur
Cons
Working with knowledgable craftsman
Inspection Coordinator
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor. Responsibilities included issuing inspection assignments to third party inspection agencies; ensured local inspectors were performing up to client standards; performed intermediate as well as final inspections on many of the tag items in various fabricators.
Good knowledgeable management base
Construction Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Managers were knowledgeable in the business line that they were over and the work being performed. Was frustrating a lot due to slow procedural processes to get things done - to many in the approval process. Co-workers were very good to work with and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Good peer group
Cons
process implementations are too slow
CBI is a good place to work but doesn't offer advancement
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 5, 2015
Good work place with great co-workers. Your accomplishments are recognized. Most days are fast paced. I do a lot of lifting which sometimes causes strained muscles. I enjoy my breaks, which gives me time to interact with my co-workers.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Benefits not that good
I have enjoyed my time working for CBI.
Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nine Mile Point Nuclear StationJune 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current position is the latitude we have in designing, installing, and testing nuclear plant modifications. The results are directly associated with the work and thinking we put into them.

I am working with very experienced, knowledgeable engineers and operators. It is actually fun to go to work.
Pros
Flexibility in planning our work
Cons
I am currently limited to only two years at my present location.
Gives you alot of experience
Community Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2016
We go around the local area and help out in the business,while gaining experience at the same time.It is a very helpful business and I thank them for allowing me to work at such productive business without pay.
Pros
Free lunch, and experience
Good management and people willing to help you with tasks
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2016
Love working "turn arounds" for this company. Always staying busy and the work tasks are prepared very well for the workers to get to work asap.
Pros
Good pay
Learned so much
Pipefitter-Helper (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 21, 2016
this place taught me a lot of do's and dont's. I was able to fully understand what was required of me and how i could be an important aspect to this company. thank you for your support and i would like to work with you all very soon.
decent company. lacks leadership and structure
Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 30, 2016
system in place lacks overall structure
working nuclear never is a guarantee for work, but this company is very cut throat on saving money and it is very disappointing
productive and fun to work atmosphere
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I have the chance to work with a very good and nice people, I was always introduced to the company in a professional matter and I did my best to complete projects ahead of schedule, and all my concerns met with friendly atmosphere
Great company to work for.
Operations Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
The we're very helpful in our transition.They made sure we understand the process. And checked on us weekly to making sure that we we're ok.
very prouctive, job stabiltiy
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2016
It is very great company to work for so much opportunity. The modules that we are building is a great thing for the world. A very friendly work place. Safety comes first and then customers
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
insurance can be costly at times
Team Work
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2014
My duties were vast and varied based on what our clients needed each day. I cold called, warm called, handled client relations, networking and any management needs in the office. Management was open to feedback, fun to work with, appreciative of the work done, and worked to make the work place a better place to be. The company had great benefits. I was very sad to leave.
Security
Armed Special Security (Current Employee) –  SLCMay 19, 2015
Long hours, hard work, extremely low pay, no benefits. Lots of smack-down. Working with the public is the best part of the job and all of the variety to the job is awesome.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay
A very productive learning experience
Civil Field Engineer Level II/CEWI Level I (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 31, 2013
Since starting with Shaw grp back in early 2012 I have learned a great deal of new approaches in concrete construction governed by ACI 308,318,349. Also started with structural steel and welding Inspection which I had little to no knowledge in. The hardest part of my job is figuring out ways to keep construction on schedule with out losing quality which is the most enjoyable part of my job as well.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, high speed environment
Great Owner
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 11, 2016
Enjoyed every aspect of working with the CBI Group. I liked working in different industries, providing the clients with top notch service. The back office was always available for support and the team was always available to discuss recruiting strategies.
Pros
Open communication, collegues
Cons
Not knowing where the next client would be located
Had a nice uniform and felt like a security guard
Secur it y Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJuly 24, 2014
My day went checking in with my post and had to make sure the facility was secured and safe from intruders.Have learned how maintain security and safe environment. Had great staff to work with and hardest part was thinking about what could happen and needed to do in that situation and the best part was feeling that I was securing the compound.
Pros
Had a flashlight and flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Project was good.
HSE Consultant Turnaround Fall (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNApril 12, 2016
Great team at flint hills. they made me feel like one of them and I really enjoyed my time there look forward to another turnaround at pinebend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3