CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

One of the best companeis I've worked for!
Flux-core Pluse Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charels, LANovember 14, 2013
The company is working hard to satisfy all employes needs & as well as complying with federal & state laws, I see this company doing whats right for there employees, from up management to foreman's.
The company & management is one of the best in training there employees to understand the role with the company & also to assisting them with there job role & careers, all foreman's are under excellent training & understand how to treat there employees the way a company is suppose to treat them, with respect, understanding, discipline, to adhere to the companies safe work practices & too provide the company with the best productive work force in the industry.
I was layed off for personal reasons beyond my control, but would do the best to return soon as my personal situation will allow me too, I highly recommend anyone to start a job, career with this company, they have a bright future & growing in the nuclear, construction, refinery & industrial maintenance, gas & oil industry.
Pros
great paying & safe company with long-term goals, work, infrastructure.
Cons
there is no cons, this is the best top 10 companies world wide, in pay, safety, jobs.
Productive and busy work days.
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEMarch 6, 2014
A typical work day is doing community outreach. I am going out into the communities to engage people who do not have health insurance and help them enroll in the Afforadable Care Act or Medicaid/Medicare programs. I learned that there are a lot of people who do not know much information about the Affordable Care Act or how to enroll through the Marketplace. Overall, the management is good and I like how they run things. We have a good team. the hardest part of the job is that the marketplace still has some issues and makes it hard to enroll people sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am helping people every day.
Pros
good over time
Cons
issues with the marketplace
Duties
Electrical Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 17, 2014
• Fulfilled role of acting Lead Electrical Engineer at site in China for China AP1000 project
• Daily client interaction for conflict resolution and meeting costly milestones.
• One of only three Administrators for Shaw Cable Manger for 4 China AP1000 Sites
• Created and managed multiple SCM databases for China AP1000 project
• Managed & provided training to client personnel and colleagues for Shaw Cable Manager & Smart Plant Electrical applications
• Prepared equipment sizing calculations for Diesel Generators, MCCs, Low Voltage Power Panels, UPS Power Panels, Batteries & Chargers
• Prepared numerous One-Line Diagrams, Design Criteria documents, Cable Specifications, Combined Wiring Diagrams and various other engineering documents.
• Current Cable Specialist in Training
A very productive learning experience
Civil Field Engineer Level II/CEWI Level I (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 31, 2013
Since starting with Shaw grp back in early 2012 I have learned a great deal of new approaches in concrete construction governed by ACI 308,318,349. Also started with structural steel and welding Inspection which I had little to no knowledge in. The hardest part of my job is figuring out ways to keep construction on schedule with out losing quality which is the most enjoyable part of my job as well.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, high speed environment
Productive Working Enviornment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2014
I have worked for Community Connections for 3 years. During this time I have been professionally mentored, stretched clinically and empowered. I have been trained with the most up-to-date clinical methods of addressing intergenerational trauma and parenting techniques.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been watching the lives of our children and families transform with our cutting edge approach to intergenerational trauma and holistic care. One of the most challenging components of my job as been building the relationships with the families and then transferring them after 6 months of intensive treatment.
CBI's Culture
Civil Discipline Cost Estimator - Level II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2014
The Culture at CBI was more concerned about their Jobs than performing A++ work. Very Low stress, it would be a great job in one way for an entry level estimator. However, it could skew a young inexperienced person that CBI is the benchmark for estimating. And it is far from it.
Pros
the work hours
Cons
the cons are is that this url/website is laden with errors, it does not allow you to enter what you want to say.
Conflict of Interest
Temporary Bilingual Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, DelawareJuly 28, 2015
The management at this company is not your friend. In order to maintain employers that pay their salaries and monthly bonuses, their temp employees in Placers Staffing are not supported and backed when a situation arises between their temp and the employer.

It's a conflict of interest to be hired by CBI Group as a temp to work at one of their contracted employers and you the temp employee will lose every time.
Pros
Cons
Don't back you up or stand up for you against their contracted employers
Had a nice uniform and felt like a security guard
Secur it y Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJuly 24, 2014
My day went checking in with my post and had to make sure the facility was secured and safe from intruders.Have learned how maintain security and safe environment. Had great staff to work with and hardest part was thinking about what could happen and needed to do in that situation and the best part was feeling that I was securing the compound.
Pros
had a flashlight and flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
good place to work
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day starts with a safety meeting and line up on the project of the day and any problems of the day before and try to solve them before we begin the day.problem solving,listen to other,team work.management available to assist and lead to accomplish work safely .co- worker are pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the day is the environment and weather.the most enjoyable part of the day is to accomplish a job well done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small amount of man power
Team Work
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2014
My duties were vast and varied based on what our clients needed each day. I cold called, warm called, handled client relations, networking and any management needs in the office. Management was open to feedback, fun to work with, appreciative of the work done, and worked to make the work place a better place to be. The company had great benefits. I was very sad to leave.
World Wide Company with a warm family feel.
Document Processing (Former Employee) –  Maryland and TexasAugust 30, 2011
I loved working with CBI. The company is huge worldwide, but they make you feel like you have been there all your life. They are great people with a great vision.
Pros
enough work for everyone, give you time to learn your duties, they are real laid back, great christmas dinners and safety dinners!
Cons
they dont have a worksite near enough to my home
challenging environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 4, 2015
CBI, being a global company, with various divisions, requires excellence in professional performance as well as political correctness. Whatever your assignment, you have predecessors and successors that require your overview confirming both are keeping progress moving in the correct direction and that surprises are kept to a minimum.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
zero tolerance for incompetence
CBI is a good place to work but doesn't offer advancement
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 5, 2015
Good work place with great co-workers. Your accomplishments are recognized. Most days are fast paced. I do a lot of lifting which sometimes causes strained muscles. I enjoy my breaks, which gives me time to interact with my co-workers.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Benefits not that good
Good performance with a good team work.
pipefitter/ foreman (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 17, 2014
The most important thing is that in 10 working months we had zero accidents, handling and rigging pipes was safe, excellent forklift operations, team work and sharing co-worker experiences helped a lot in order to make a good job.
Thanks God and every body best efforts the job was done.
Terrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TxJune 24, 2014
The admin staff in The Woodlands is treated like work horses. No bonus structure, and a seasoned professional starts off with 2 weeks of vacation. Senior management is very unorganized. You are FORCED to participate in charity events, being harassed to donate money. Do not apply, dysfunctional is putting it mildly.
Very good to work with you if you do your job.
Armed Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 25, 2014
You will like the training that you will get and how friendly coworkers are to you.You do your expected to do they will help you when need.
Pros
i fill like they have the best training in this field.
Cons
little to no chance of getting a pay increase.
Very busy office enviroment
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 24, 2013
Best job I have ever had. Truly loved all my coworkers. Working in a fabrication shop with up to 150 employees and being the shop secretary if was always busy and I handled all office functions.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
closed shop and moved everything to beaumont
Poor management, loved the job itself, co-workers (good), no opportunity for advancement
Records Information Management (Former Employee) –  Wayneboro, DASeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the job itself overall and learned a lot about Records Information Management. The Management was very poor and Employee's were not treated fairly. I really missed and enjoyed being in the Duke System. Duke treats there Employee's excellent.
CBI review
Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 8, 2015
It is a decent work environment, most employees are very professional. I have learned so much about welding procedures and metals. The management is fine, the hardest part is they have very frequent layoffs.
Pros
we have holydays off
Cons
very frequent work procedure
fun place to be everyday
USA Whip - Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKFebruary 7, 2013
i loved this job just didnt make enough money i liked working with all the machinery that they had there gave me a lot of experience working in a bindery

4.3