CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical Work Day
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAAugust 9, 2017
Traveled to different Fabrication shops in Louisiana and some out of state checking on workers and recruiting if needed depending on the job site. My day was mainly filled with recruiting and handling HR issues. Worked several job fairs at Technical Colleges recruiting welders. Did the day to day paperwork needed in the hiring and rehiring process.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
Big Company
CBI would have been the company to complete VcSummer
Roller Operator, Certified (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 8, 2017
We didn't have problems as craft. The problem had to do with the management it really never changed from company to company that we worked for at Summers. I hope to work for a client that is actually about completed what they start one day.
Company is strong and well established
Crane Operator/Rigger (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAAugust 3, 2017
CB&I is a great company to work with. They do their best to make sure their employees have the benefits and hours they need to take care of their obligations and families.
Pros
Upper management is friendly and willing to listen
Cons
work is not a permanent position.
The merger needs improving
Pipefitter/Fabricator, Rigger (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 7, 2017
CBI is a good company but the merger with another nation messed the job up. They are placing young people in Supervision that should not be there yet.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Great support staff
BHP/counselor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 3, 2017
CBI great staff to work with. Their substance abuse detox program has helped a lot of people overcome substance use by providing additional resources when they leave the program. As a clinician, I assessed, counseled, and provided resources for patients. As a transition counselor, I worked with outside agencies to help patients find long term placement and other supports.
Pros
Great co-workers and advancement opportunities
Cons
Lack of communication
Different
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
The managerment style is very cut throat. There is a steady stream of new employees all the time. The direction and style of the company is not focused causing a lack of leadership and confusion.
good opurtunity to learn
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAJune 8, 2017
The hardest part about this job would have to be learning everything at one time. Some times you are expected to pick up on things and sometimes you get a walk through on it. I have learned a lot from this company because I have applied myself to learning it. The management could be a little more easy going, but with a company that size it pays to be strict. The most enjoyable part about the job was the fact that everyone had a good attitude when it came to work. That alone makes working go smoothly and comfortable which causes more production.
productive & safe work environment
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Good work place to be & safety is always number one priority, there is always something to learn for a beginner, the most enjoyable thing is that there's always work
Pros
40 hours plus call outs
Cons
last min call out
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Saint Croix, VIMay 27, 2017
Tuve 1 ano ...me pagaron muy bien ..mucha segurida ..ayudaban mucho el personal con herramientas necesarias.Buena organizacion...trabajan mucha gente de diferentes nacionales
Pros
Muy bien
Cons
Muy bien
Great job
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 22, 2017
Great group up people to work for a good working environment great paid Safty minded individuals that really care about what's going on on the job and off the job

Want to know more about CBI Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
Welcoming hands and in check.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 20, 2017
A lot of stuff done to the T. Can't miss a step. Very friendly workspace. You sign in daily with your id and parking pass sign out any required tools for your position and head to your workspace. In the wash bay it was my duty to check and clean all trailers passing through.
Pros
Free lunch atleast once a month.
Cons
growing business
gteat place
FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 9, 2017
enjoyed working for this company but it was hard work. did enjoy some of the supervisiors and fellow employees when I did work there. would recommend this company.
Rod Buster & Bridge Builder Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 8, 2017
Theses jobs where very productive.The pay was also very good. The benefits were good also.I loved the hours and I dont mind traveling for work. I enjoy traveling for work and doing the things I love and making great pay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
my work at cbi
crain operater (Former Employee) –  texas city texasMay 2, 2017
I injoyed it fine they were good to me and I liked them all everybody got along great fun to work there good pay with extra incentives butt over all good to work for
Family time N/S
Pipefitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAMay 1, 2017
It a good company the money is great but you give up alot of ur family time working nights and are forced to work weekend if not you are looked down upon and pointed for not being there and after 4 ponits you get put on a 30 probationary period to get the points back and if u miss during that time then they let u go
Pros
Paid 30 min lunch, money
Cons
Time to have a life is gone
good work place environment
Gen. Supt (Former Employee) –  Cartagana South AmericaApril 27, 2017
I found working with the middle management personnel to be satisfying and allowing multiple talents to be exercised. With midmanagement leader allowed to make decisions to use his subordinates talents the progress of activities would have advanced productivity.
Pros
got on project later than I would have liked to
Cons
limited over time to exercise major work schedules
Great company to work for!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAApril 25, 2017
Awesome! Everything is great here! Always a learning expirence and very competivtive. This company is a great starting point and very supportive to new comers!
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Long houra
RE: Chop Shop
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 20, 2017
CBI is a small company, horrible health insurance and low wages. There's no growth opportunity and business is extremely slow. This company is a "mom and pop shop". If you're interested in recruiting experience than apply and stay employed for two years with the hope of the owner can keep the doors opened/lights on. Employees that decided to resign learned they couldn't let the owner/manager know their new employer. They would try to stop the employee from getting a new job.
Pros
work experience
Cons
low wages, poor health insurance & chaotic work environment
Good job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 3, 2017
It was a great job, happy people, a great shop that put out the highest quality product in the world until corporate decided to shut the doors down on the plant and 400 employees and move it all down to the coast where the quality of product was lost due to different management
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
The corporate side of the company
Decent company
Electricial foreman (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 22, 2017
CBI is a decent company . It has locations in multiple locations,but none in my area. I'm tired of being away from home so much.I want something closer to pigeon forge
Pros
Good money
Cons
Too much travel