CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

was a very respectable work place
louisiana pigment (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJanuary 7, 2017
Was a very laid back place to work
Iearned how paint pigment became paint
management was really smooth
my co-workers were very respectable
the hardest part of the the job was rebagging over and over everyday
most enjoyable part was the co-workers
Pros
Cons
Breaks when i needed them
Not the experience i expected working new nucleur for the first time.
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 29, 2016
I arrived there after the job had been running for 5 years. The lack of organization surprised me along with poor upper management. Thousands of people worked this job and the transportation to and from the job site was terrible. I worked around a lot of supportive and good craftsman though.
Pros
received experience working new nucleur
Cons
Working with knowledgable craftsman
Productive and fun place to work
Painter and Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Convent, LAMarch 10, 2017
Working around positive people good management team working together the most important thing was safety nobody got hurt good company to work for the staff and site personal treat u with respect everybody got alone pretty good
Pros
Safety lunch awards
Cons
Short breakes
Have worked for worse.
Tool/Equipment/Supplies Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2017
On my most recent project the management was out of touch. There was a very high turnover rate within the ranks of project management and site supervision, but overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Enjoyed the project team.
Cons
Confusion
I did alot of thing for this company.
Foreman/ Lead man for Custodians (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 16, 2016
This company is good to work for. The pay is good and the people were pleasant. I would work for them again if an opportunity would come up. There benefits were great also
military job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GANovember 1, 2016
Great place to work. Staff is also very helpful in training and giving out information to their employees. Benefits are and 401k plan are a plus. Chances for growth within the company
Pros
growth within
Cons
short lunch breaks
Decent company
Electricial foreman (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 22, 2017
CBI is a decent company . It has locations in multiple locations,but none in my area. I'm tired of being away from home so much.I want something closer to pigeon forge
Pros
Good money
Cons
Too much travel
Gives you alot of experience
Community Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2016
We go around the local area and help out in the business,while gaining experience at the same time.It is a very helpful business and I thank them for allowing me to work at such productive business without pay.
Pros
Free lunch, and experience
Inspection Coordinator
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor. Responsibilities included issuing inspection assignments to third party inspection agencies; ensured local inspectors were performing up to client standards; performed intermediate as well as final inspections on many of the tag items in various fabricators.
Good management and people willing to help you with tasks
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2016
Love working "turn arounds" for this company. Always staying busy and the work tasks are prepared very well for the workers to get to work asap.
Pros
Good pay
Learned so much
Pipefitter-Helper (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 21, 2016
this place taught me a lot of do's and dont's. I was able to fully understand what was required of me and how i could be an important aspect to this company. thank you for your support and i would like to work with you all very soon.
Good knowledgeable management base
Construction Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Managers were knowledgeable in the business line that they were over and the work being performed. Was frustrating a lot due to slow procedural processes to get things done - to many in the approval process. Co-workers were very good to work with and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Good peer group
Cons
process implementations are too slow
decent company. lacks leadership and structure
Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 30, 2016
system in place lacks overall structure
working nuclear never is a guarantee for work, but this company is very cut throat on saving money and it is very disappointing
I have enjoyed my time working for CBI.
Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nine Mile Point Nuclear StationJune 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current position is the latitude we have in designing, installing, and testing nuclear plant modifications. The results are directly associated with the work and thinking we put into them.

I am working with very experienced, knowledgeable engineers and operators. It is actually fun to go to work.
Pros
Flexibility in planning our work
Cons
I am currently limited to only two years at my present location.
Great company to work for.
Operations Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
The we're very helpful in our transition.They made sure we understand the process. And checked on us weekly to making sure that we we're ok.
productive and fun to work atmosphere
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I have the chance to work with a very good and nice people, I was always introduced to the company in a professional matter and I did my best to complete projects ahead of schedule, and all my concerns met with friendly atmosphere
One of the best companeis I've worked for!
Flux-core Pluse Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charels, LANovember 14, 2013
The company is working hard to satisfy all employes needs & as well as complying with federal & state laws, I see this company doing whats right for there employees, from up management to foreman's.
The company & management is one of the best in training there employees to understand the role with the company & also to assisting them with there job role & careers, all foreman's are under excellent training & understand how to treat there employees the way a company is suppose to treat them, with respect, understanding, discipline, to adhere to the companies safe work practices & too provide the company with the best productive work force in the industry.
I was layed off for personal reasons beyond my control, but would do the best to return soon as my personal situation will allow me too, I highly recommend anyone to start a job, career with this company, they have a bright future & growing in the nuclear, construction, refinery & industrial maintenance, gas & oil industry.
Pros
Great paying & safe company with long-term goals, work, infrastructure.
Cons
There is no cons, this is the best Top 10 companies world wide, in pay, safety, jobs.
very prouctive, job stabiltiy
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2016
It is very great company to work for so much opportunity. The modules that we are building is a great thing for the world. A very friendly work place. Safety comes first and then customers
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
insurance can be costly at times
Team Work
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2014
My duties were vast and varied based on what our clients needed each day. I cold called, warm called, handled client relations, networking and any management needs in the office. Management was open to feedback, fun to work with, appreciative of the work done, and worked to make the work place a better place to be. The company had great benefits. I was very sad to leave.
Conflict of Interest
Temporary Bilingual Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, DelawareJuly 28, 2015
The management at this company is not your friend. In order to maintain employers that pay their salaries and monthly bonuses, their temp employees in Placers Staffing are not supported and backed when a situation arises between their temp and the employer.

It's a conflict of interest to be hired by CBI Group as a temp to work at one of their contracted employers and you the temp employee will lose every time.
Pros
Cons
Don't back you up or stand up for you against their contracted employers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2