CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

I have enjoyed my time working for CBI.
Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nine Mile Point Nuclear StationJune 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current position is the latitude we have in designing, installing, and testing nuclear plant modifications. The results are directly associated with the work and thinking we put into them.

I am working with very experienced, knowledgeable engineers and operators. It is actually fun to go to work.
Pros
Flexibility in planning our work
Cons
I am currently limited to only two years at my present location.
productive and fun to work atmosphere
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I have the chance to work with a very good and nice people, I was always introduced to the company in a professional matter and I did my best to complete projects ahead of schedule, and all my concerns met with friendly atmosphere
very prouctive, job stabiltiy
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2016
It is very great company to work for so much opportunity. The modules that we are building is a great thing for the world. A very friendly work place. Safety comes first and then customers
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
insurance can be costly at times
CBI is a good place to work but doesn't offer advancement
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 5, 2015
Good work place with great co-workers. Your accomplishments are recognized. Most days are fast paced. I do a lot of lifting which sometimes causes strained muscles. I enjoy my breaks, which gives me time to interact with my co-workers.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Benefits not that good
Great company to work for.
Operations Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
The we're very helpful in our transition.They made sure we understand the process. And checked on us weekly to making sure that we we're ok.
Power Engineering experienced Company
Nuclear Projects Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 21, 2015
Put a lot affords for nuclear safety culture. A lot of training, by professional and experienced personnel. A lot of attention to work related safety.
Very devirsiffied company, willing to allow employees the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
HSE/QA Mngr (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 28, 2016
A very professional company to work for. The managers are interested in your success and development. If a person likes to work on safe construction projects than this is the company.
Project was good.
HSE Consultant Turnaround Fall (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNApril 12, 2016
Great team at flint hills. they made me feel like one of them and I really enjoyed my time there look forward to another turnaround at pinebend.
Conflict of Interest
Temporary Bilingual Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, DelawareJuly 28, 2015
The management at this company is not your friend. In order to maintain employers that pay their salaries and monthly bonuses, their temp employees in Placers Staffing are not supported and backed when a situation arises between their temp and the employer.

It's a conflict of interest to be hired by CBI Group as a temp to work at one of their contracted employers and you the temp employee will lose every time.
Pros
Cons
Don't back you up or stand up for you against their contracted employers
Poor management, loved the job itself, co-workers (good), no opportunity for advancement
Records Information Management (Former Employee) –  Wayneboro, DASeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the job itself overall and learned a lot about Records Information Management. The Management was very poor and Employee's were not treated fairly. I really missed and enjoyed being in the Duke System. Duke treats there Employee's excellent.
Checker
Electrical Designer/ Chevh (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Busy, every day all day, non stop. Checking, drawings, going to the site, talking to vendors, going to morning meetings.
Security
Armed Special Security (Current Employee) –  SLCMay 19, 2015
Long hours, hard work, extremely low pay, no benefits. Lots of smack-down. Working with the public is the best part of the job and all of the variety to the job is awesome.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay
Team Work
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 22, 2014
My duties were vast and varied based on what our clients needed each day. I cold called, warm called, handled client relations, networking and any management needs in the office. Management was open to feedback, fun to work with, appreciative of the work done, and worked to make the work place a better place to be. The company had great benefits. I was very sad to leave.
One of the best companeis I've worked for!
Flux-core Pluse Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charels, LANovember 14, 2013
The company is working hard to satisfy all employes needs & as well as complying with federal & state laws, I see this company doing whats right for there employees, from up management to foreman's.
The company & management is one of the best in training there employees to understand the role with the company & also to assisting them with there job role & careers, all foreman's are under excellent training & understand how to treat there employees the way a company is suppose to treat them, with respect, understanding, discipline, to adhere to the companies safe work practices & too provide the company with the best productive work force in the industry.
I was layed off for personal reasons beyond my control, but would do the best to return soon as my personal situation will allow me too, I highly recommend anyone to start a job, career with this company, they have a bright future & growing in the nuclear, construction, refinery & industrial maintenance, gas & oil industry.
Pros
great paying & safe company with long-term goals, work, infrastructure.
Cons
there is no cons, this is the best top 10 companies world wide, in pay, safety, jobs.
New Nuclear contruction
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 21, 2015
Was busy for most of the day. Many challenges in the schedule area. Many managers, not a lot of worker bees. Many procedures and practices not clearly identified and not followed.
demanding fun work
construction worker (Current Employee) –  Bear River City, UTSeptember 10, 2015
bolting steel frame work together and sheeting it with tin. labor intensive at times but enjoyable. good co workers and the boss buys lunch everyday.
CBI review
Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 8, 2015
It is a decent work environment, most employees are very professional. I have learned so much about welding procedures and metals. The management is fine, the hardest part is they have very frequent layoffs.
Pros
we have holydays off
Cons
very frequent work procedure
Productive and busy work days.
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEMarch 6, 2014
A typical work day is doing community outreach. I am going out into the communities to engage people who do not have health insurance and help them enroll in the Afforadable Care Act or Medicaid/Medicare programs. I learned that there are a lot of people who do not know much information about the Affordable Care Act or how to enroll through the Marketplace. Overall, the management is good and I like how they run things. We have a good team. the hardest part of the job is that the marketplace still has some issues and makes it hard to enroll people sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am helping people every day.
Pros
good over time
Cons
issues with the marketplace
Very good company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 18, 2015
The hiring process was fast,staff was very polite,work environment was clean,lunch area also,kept water supplied to worker through out the shifst change was on time
CBI's Culture
Civil Discipline Cost Estimator - Level II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2014
The Culture at CBI was more concerned about their Jobs than performing A++ work. Very Low stress, it would be a great job in one way for an entry level estimator. However, it could skew a young inexperienced person that CBI is the benchmark for estimating. And it is far from it.
Pros
the work hours
Cons
the cons are is that this url/website is laden with errors, it does not allow you to enter what you want to say.

4.3