CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Inspection Coordinator
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor. Responsibilities included issuing inspection assignments to third party inspection agencies; ensured local inspectors were performing up to client standards; performed intermediate as well as final inspections on many of the tag items in various fabricators.
Good knowledgeable management base
Construction Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Managers were knowledgeable in the business line that they were over and the work being performed. Was frustrating a lot due to slow procedural processes to get things done - to many in the approval process. Co-workers were very good to work with and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Good peer group
Cons
process implementations are too slow
Great company to work for.
Operations Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
The we're very helpful in our transition.They made sure we understand the process. And checked on us weekly to making sure that we we're ok.
I have enjoyed my time working for CBI.
Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nine Mile Point Nuclear StationJune 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current position is the latitude we have in designing, installing, and testing nuclear plant modifications. The results are directly associated with the work and thinking we put into them.

I am working with very experienced, knowledgeable engineers and operators. It is actually fun to go to work.
Pros
Flexibility in planning our work
Cons
I am currently limited to only two years at my present location.
productive and fun to work atmosphere
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I have the chance to work with a very good and nice people, I was always introduced to the company in a professional matter and I did my best to complete projects ahead of schedule, and all my concerns met with friendly atmosphere
very prouctive, job stabiltiy
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2016
It is very great company to work for so much opportunity. The modules that we are building is a great thing for the world. A very friendly work place. Safety comes first and then customers
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
insurance can be costly at times
Project was good.
HSE Consultant Turnaround Fall (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNApril 12, 2016
Great team at flint hills. they made me feel like one of them and I really enjoyed my time there look forward to another turnaround at pinebend.
Checker
Electrical Designer/ Chevh (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Busy, every day all day, non stop. Checking, drawings, going to the site, talking to vendors, going to morning meetings.
Very devirsiffied company, willing to allow employees the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
HSE/QA Mngr (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 28, 2016
A very professional company to work for. The managers are interested in your success and development. If a person likes to work on safe construction projects than this is the company.
Power Engineering experienced Company
Nuclear Projects Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 21, 2015
Put a lot affords for nuclear safety culture. A lot of training, by professional and experienced personnel. A lot of attention to work related safety.
CBI is a good place to work but doesn't offer advancement
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 5, 2015
Good work place with great co-workers. Your accomplishments are recognized. Most days are fast paced. I do a lot of lifting which sometimes causes strained muscles. I enjoy my breaks, which gives me time to interact with my co-workers.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Benefits not that good
New Nuclear contruction
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 21, 2015
Was busy for most of the day. Many challenges in the schedule area. Many managers, not a lot of worker bees. Many procedures and practices not clearly identified and not followed.
Poor management, loved the job itself, co-workers (good), no opportunity for advancement
Records Information Management (Former Employee) –  Wayneboro, DASeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the job itself overall and learned a lot about Records Information Management. The Management was very poor and Employee's were not treated fairly. I really missed and enjoyed being in the Duke System. Duke treats there Employee's excellent.
demanding fun work
construction worker (Current Employee) –  Bear River City, UTSeptember 10, 2015
bolting steel frame work together and sheeting it with tin. labor intensive at times but enjoyable. good co workers and the boss buys lunch everyday.
Very good company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 18, 2015
The hiring process was fast,staff was very polite,work environment was clean,lunch area also,kept water supplied to worker through out the shifst change was on time
Conflict of Interest
Temporary Bilingual Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milford, DelawareJuly 28, 2015
The management at this company is not your friend. In order to maintain employers that pay their salaries and monthly bonuses, their temp employees in Placers Staffing are not supported and backed when a situation arises between their temp and the employer.

It's a conflict of interest to be hired by CBI Group as a temp to work at one of their contracted employers and you the temp employee will lose every time.
Pros
Cons
Don't back you up or stand up for you against their contracted employers
Security
Armed Special Security (Current Employee) –  SLCMay 19, 2015
Long hours, hard work, extremely low pay, no benefits. Lots of smack-down. Working with the public is the best part of the job and all of the variety to the job is awesome.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay
CBI review
Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 8, 2015
It is a decent work environment, most employees are very professional. I have learned so much about welding procedures and metals. The management is fine, the hardest part is they have very frequent layoffs.
Pros
we have holydays off
Cons
very frequent work procedure
Good work atmosphere and good wages
Journeyman Scaffold worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXApril 4, 2015
CBI had excellent leadership and equipment to perform job. Provides good tools to perform jobs. Good directions to complete jobs. Good wages.
Profesional
Construction Superintendent/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 28, 2015
Hard Working and dedicated work. Good conditions and good Management. Review work packages for closure. I work with a very experianced group of co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3