CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not the experience i expected working new nucleur for the first time.
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 29, 2016
I arrived there after the job had been running for 5 years. The lack of organization surprised me along with poor upper management. Thousands of people worked this job and the transportation to and from the job site was terrible. I worked around a lot of supportive and good craftsman though.
Pros
received experience working new nucleur
Cons
Working with knowledgable craftsman
was a very respectable work place
louisiana pigment (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJanuary 7, 2017
Was a very laid back place to work
Iearned how paint pigment became paint
management was really smooth
my co-workers were very respectable
the hardest part of the the job was rebagging over and over everyday
most enjoyable part was the co-workers
Pros
Cons
Breaks when i needed them
Inspection Coordinator
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Project Surveillance Inspection Supervisor. Responsibilities included issuing inspection assignments to third party inspection agencies; ensured local inspectors were performing up to client standards; performed intermediate as well as final inspections on many of the tag items in various fabricators.
Have worked for worse.
Tool/Equipment/Supplies Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2017
On my most recent project the management was out of touch. There was a very high turnover rate within the ranks of project management and site supervision, but overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Enjoyed the project team.
Cons
Confusion
Good knowledgeable management base
Construction Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Managers were knowledgeable in the business line that they were over and the work being performed. Was frustrating a lot due to slow procedural processes to get things done - to many in the approval process. Co-workers were very good to work with and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Good peer group
Cons
process implementations are too slow
Gives you alot of experience
Community Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2016
We go around the local area and help out in the business,while gaining experience at the same time.It is a very helpful business and I thank them for allowing me to work at such productive business without pay.
Pros
Free lunch, and experience
military job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GANovember 1, 2016
Great place to work. Staff is also very helpful in training and giving out information to their employees. Benefits are and 401k plan are a plus. Chances for growth within the company
Pros
growth within
Cons
short lunch breaks
Learned so much
Pipefitter-Helper (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 21, 2016
this place taught me a lot of do's and dont's. I was able to fully understand what was required of me and how i could be an important aspect to this company. thank you for your support and i would like to work with you all very soon.
I did alot of thing for this company.
Foreman/ Lead man for Custodians (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 16, 2016
This company is good to work for. The pay is good and the people were pleasant. I would work for them again if an opportunity would come up. There benefits were great also
I have enjoyed my time working for CBI.
Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nine Mile Point Nuclear StationJune 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current position is the latitude we have in designing, installing, and testing nuclear plant modifications. The results are directly associated with the work and thinking we put into them.

I am working with very experienced, knowledgeable engineers and operators. It is actually fun to go to work.
Pros
Flexibility in planning our work
Cons
I am currently limited to only two years at my present location.
Good management and people willing to help you with tasks
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2016
Love working "turn arounds" for this company. Always staying busy and the work tasks are prepared very well for the workers to get to work asap.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
decent company. lacks leadership and structure
Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 30, 2016
system in place lacks overall structure
working nuclear never is a guarantee for work, but this company is very cut throat on saving money and it is very disappointing
productive and fun to work atmosphere
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I have the chance to work with a very good and nice people, I was always introduced to the company in a professional matter and I did my best to complete projects ahead of schedule, and all my concerns met with friendly atmosphere
very prouctive, job stabiltiy
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 6, 2016
It is very great company to work for so much opportunity. The modules that we are building is a great thing for the world. A very friendly work place. Safety comes first and then customers
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
insurance can be costly at times
Great company to work for.
Operations Specialist Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
The we're very helpful in our transition.They made sure we understand the process. And checked on us weekly to making sure that we we're ok.
Great Owner
Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 11, 2016
Enjoyed every aspect of working with the CBI Group. I liked working in different industries, providing the clients with top notch service. The back office was always available for support and the team was always available to discuss recruiting strategies.
Pros
Open communication, collegues
Cons
Not knowing where the next client would be located
Project was good.
HSE Consultant Turnaround Fall (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNApril 12, 2016
Great team at flint hills. they made me feel like one of them and I really enjoyed my time there look forward to another turnaround at pinebend.
Very devirsiffied company, willing to allow employees the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
HSE/QA Mngr (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 28, 2016
A very professional company to work for. The managers are interested in your success and development. If a person likes to work on safe construction projects than this is the company.
CBI is a good place to work but doesn't offer advancement
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 5, 2015
Good work place with great co-workers. Your accomplishments are recognized. Most days are fast paced. I do a lot of lifting which sometimes causes strained muscles. I enjoy my breaks, which gives me time to interact with my co-workers.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Benefits not that good
Poor management, loved the job itself, co-workers (good), no opportunity for advancement
Records Information Management (Former Employee) –  Wayneboro, DASeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed the job itself overall and learned a lot about Records Information Management. The Management was very poor and Employee's were not treated fairly. I really missed and enjoyed being in the Duke System. Duke treats there Employee's excellent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2