CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Precision millwright (Former Employee) –  Engleside, TexasSeptember 13, 2017
Very safety oriented, good benefits, great supervisors, offers continuing education, Safety meetings once a week, employee friendly atmosphere, Safety awards
Not a good place to work
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALAugust 31, 2017
My time with CBI was limited. My direct supervisors were not hard to work with, the problem was with the owner of the company. She was not consistent and did not follow through with her word.
Very productive company
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAAugust 26, 2017
Loved worki for a company that doesn't judge ppl based hood looks or race ! They will sponsor you if you would like to learn a craft and have another skill
Pros
Special lunches after so many hours or work with no injuries
Cons
No Paif vacations
Competetive
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 21, 2017
Good place to work easy going and good hours.Continuously examines administrative effectiveness and seeks better procedures.Keeps documents organized via taleo to avoid duplicate information of any possible candidates for hiring process.
Very efficient company
Boom Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAAugust 20, 2017
Fast paced environment for orders to be filled, fabricated, loaded, and shipped out. The receiving and staging of incoming materials which had to be checked in and placed with proper contract was required daily. Great place to work. Company had a mass reduction in force. I would go back if I could.
Pros
Great pay, Great hours
Cons
Too many employees
Labor
Millwright Helper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 17, 2017
It was great, the pay was good and my foreman was a good person, I learned a lot being in the millwright craft, working there helped me out a lot. Till being layoff at the job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Got layoff
Typical Work Day
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAAugust 9, 2017
Traveled to different Fabrication shops in Louisiana and some out of state checking on workers and recruiting if needed depending on the job site. My day was mainly filled with recruiting and handling HR issues. Worked several job fairs at Technical Colleges recruiting welders. Did the day to day paperwork needed in the hiring and rehiring process.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
Big Company
CBI would have been the company to complete VcSummer
Roller Operator, Certified (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 8, 2017
We didn't have problems as craft. The problem had to do with the management it really never changed from company to company that we worked for at Summers. I hope to work for a client that is actually about completed what they start one day.
Company is strong and well established
Crane Operator/Rigger (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAAugust 3, 2017
CB&I is a great company to work with. They do their best to make sure their employees have the benefits and hours they need to take care of their obligations and families.
Pros
Upper management is friendly and willing to listen
Cons
work is not a permanent position.
The merger needs improving
Pipefitter/Fabricator, Rigger (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 7, 2017
CBI is a good company but the merger with another nation messed the job up. They are placing young people in Supervision that should not be there yet.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Great support staff
BHP/counselor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 3, 2017
CBI great staff to work with. Their substance abuse detox program has helped a lot of people overcome substance use by providing additional resources when they leave the program. As a clinician, I assessed, counseled, and provided resources for patients. As a transition counselor, I worked with outside agencies to help patients find long term placement and other supports.
Pros
Great co-workers and advancement opportunities
Cons
Lack of communication
Different
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
The managerment style is very cut throat. There is a steady stream of new employees all the time. The direction and style of the company is not focused causing a lack of leadership and confusion.
good opurtunity to learn
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAJune 8, 2017
The hardest part about this job would have to be learning everything at one time. Some times you are expected to pick up on things and sometimes you get a walk through on it. I have learned a lot from this company because I have applied myself to learning it. The management could be a little more easy going, but with a company that size it pays to be strict. The most enjoyable part about the job was the fact that everyone had a good attitude when it came to work. That alone makes working go smoothly and comfortable which causes more production.
productive & safe work environment
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Good work place to be & safety is always number one priority, there is always something to learn for a beginner, the most enjoyable thing is that there's always work
Pros
40 hours plus call outs
Cons
last min call out
Great job
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 22, 2017
Great group up people to work for a good working environment great paid Safty minded individuals that really care about what's going on on the job and off the job
Welcoming hands and in check.
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 20, 2017
A lot of stuff done to the T. Can't miss a step. Very friendly workspace. You sign in daily with your id and parking pass sign out any required tools for your position and head to your workspace. In the wash bay it was my duty to check and clean all trailers passing through.
Pros
Free lunch atleast once a month.
Cons
growing business
gteat place
FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMay 9, 2017
enjoyed working for this company but it was hard work. did enjoy some of the supervisiors and fellow employees when I did work there. would recommend this company.
Rod Buster & Bridge Builder Crewman (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 8, 2017
Theses jobs where very productive.The pay was also very good. The benefits were good also.I loved the hours and I dont mind traveling for work. I enjoy traveling for work and doing the things I love and making great pay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
my work at cbi
crain operater (Former Employee) –  texas city texasMay 2, 2017
I injoyed it fine they were good to me and I liked them all everybody got along great fun to work there good pay with extra incentives butt over all good to work for
Family time N/S
Pipefitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAMay 1, 2017
It a good company the money is great but you give up alot of ur family time working nights and are forced to work weekend if not you are looked down upon and pointed for not being there and after 4 ponits you get put on a 30 probationary period to get the points back and if u miss during that time then they let u go
Pros
Paid 30 min lunch, money
Cons
Time to have a life is gone