CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

New Nuclear contruction
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 21, 2015
Was busy for most of the day. Many challenges in the schedule area. Many managers, not a lot of worker bees. Many procedures and practices not clearly identified and not followed.
One of the best companeis I've worked for!
Flux-core Pluse Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charels, LANovember 14, 2013
The company is working hard to satisfy all employes needs & as well as complying with federal & state laws, I see this company doing whats right for there employees, from up management to foreman's.
The company & management is one of the best in training there employees to understand the role with the company & also to assisting them with there job role & careers, all foreman's are under excellent training & understand how to treat there employees the way a company is suppose to treat them, with respect, understanding, discipline, to adhere to the companies safe work practices & too provide the company with the best productive work force in the industry.
I was layed off for personal reasons beyond my control, but would do the best to return soon as my personal situation will allow me too, I highly recommend anyone to start a job, career with this company, they have a bright future & growing in the nuclear, construction, refinery & industrial maintenance, gas & oil industry.
Pros
great paying & safe company with long-term goals, work, infrastructure.
Cons
there is no cons, this is the best top 10 companies world wide, in pay, safety, jobs.
demanding fun work
construction worker (Current Employee) –  Bear River City, UTSeptember 10, 2015
bolting steel frame work together and sheeting it with tin. labor intensive at times but enjoyable. good co workers and the boss buys lunch everyday.
Heavy construction
NDE / QA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 19, 2012
lots of travel
sometimes dangerous
working at high heights
union work
Pros
good benfits, union wages
Cons
travel
Productive and busy work days.
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEMarch 6, 2014
A typical work day is doing community outreach. I am going out into the communities to engage people who do not have health insurance and help them enroll in the Afforadable Care Act or Medicaid/Medicare programs. I learned that there are a lot of people who do not know much information about the Affordable Care Act or how to enroll through the Marketplace. Overall, the management is good and I like how they run things. We have a good team. the hardest part of the job is that the marketplace still has some issues and makes it hard to enroll people sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am helping people every day.
Pros
good over time
Cons
issues with the marketplace
Very good company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 18, 2015
The hiring process was fast,staff was very polite,work environment was clean,lunch area also,kept water supplied to worker through out the shifst change was on time
CBI review
Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 8, 2015
It is a decent work environment, most employees are very professional. I have learned so much about welding procedures and metals. The management is fine, the hardest part is they have very frequent layoffs.
Pros
we have holydays off
Cons
very frequent work procedure
Duties
Electrical Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 17, 2014
• Fulfilled role of acting Lead Electrical Engineer at site in China for China AP1000 project
• Daily client interaction for conflict resolution and meeting costly milestones.
• One of only three Administrators for Shaw Cable Manger for 4 China AP1000 Sites
• Created and managed multiple SCM databases for China AP1000 project
• Managed & provided training to client personnel and colleagues for Shaw Cable Manager & Smart Plant Electrical applications
• Prepared equipment sizing calculations for Diesel Generators, MCCs, Low Voltage Power Panels, UPS Power Panels, Batteries & Chargers
• Prepared numerous One-Line Diagrams, Design Criteria documents, Cable Specifications, Combined Wiring Diagrams and various other engineering documents.
• Current Cable Specialist in Training
good place to work
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day starts with a safety meeting and line up on the project of the day and any problems of the day before and try to solve them before we begin the day.problem solving,listen to other,team work.management available to assist and lead to accomplish work safely .co- worker are pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the day is the environment and weather.the most enjoyable part of the day is to accomplish a job well done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small amount of man power
Nice Company
Shipping Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAMarch 13, 2015
Nice Company to work for. I learn different this on this short position to help me continue to strive for a great career. There was really nothing hard about this job
CBI's Culture
Civil Discipline Cost Estimator - Level II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2014
The Culture at CBI was more concerned about their Jobs than performing A++ work. Very Low stress, it would be a great job in one way for an entry level estimator. However, it could skew a young inexperienced person that CBI is the benchmark for estimating. And it is far from it.
Pros
the work hours
Cons
the cons are is that this url/website is laden with errors, it does not allow you to enter what you want to say.
Productive Working Enviornment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2014
I have worked for Community Connections for 3 years. During this time I have been professionally mentored, stretched clinically and empowered. I have been trained with the most up-to-date clinical methods of addressing intergenerational trauma and parenting techniques.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been watching the lives of our children and families transform with our cutting edge approach to intergenerational trauma and holistic care. One of the most challenging components of my job as been building the relationships with the families and then transferring them after 6 months of intensive treatment.
Profesional
Construction Superintendent/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 28, 2015
Hard Working and dedicated work. Good conditions and good Management. Review work packages for closure. I work with a very experianced group of co-workers.
challenging environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 4, 2015
CBI, being a global company, with various divisions, requires excellence in professional performance as well as political correctness. Whatever your assignment, you have predecessors and successors that require your overview confirming both are keeping progress moving in the correct direction and that surprises are kept to a minimum.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
zero tolerance for incompetence
Terrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TxJune 24, 2014
The admin staff in The Woodlands is treated like work horses. No bonus structure, and a seasoned professional starts off with 2 weeks of vacation. Senior management is very unorganized. You are FORCED to participate in charity events, being harassed to donate money. Do not apply, dysfunctional is putting it mildly.
Good work atmosphere and good wages
Journeyman Scaffold worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXApril 4, 2015
CBI had excellent leadership and equipment to perform job. Provides good tools to perform jobs. Good directions to complete jobs. Good wages.
World Wide Company with a warm family feel.
Document Processing (Former Employee) –  Maryland and TexasAugust 30, 2011
I loved working with CBI. The company is huge worldwide, but they make you feel like you have been there all your life. They are great people with a great vision.
Pros
enough work for everyone, give you time to learn your duties, they are real laid back, great christmas dinners and safety dinners!
Cons
they dont have a worksite near enough to my home
Good performance with a good team work.
pipefitter/ foreman (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 17, 2014
The most important thing is that in 10 working months we had zero accidents, handling and rigging pipes was safe, excellent forklift operations, team work and sharing co-worker experiences helped a lot in order to make a good job.
Thanks God and every body best efforts the job was done.
Very supportive staff
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Very supportive and encouraging staff to work with. Enjoyed working with staff.
Pros
wilingl to teach and counsel in career building
Great Company
Pipe Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 1, 2015
safety is a must and is not used as a reason to fire personal working together,caring,helping each other,very well managed
Pros
giving awards and free monthly lunches

4.3