CBI Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

I Love My Job With Them
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 10, 2014
It was a great Company to work for.I learn a lot over the years . an if offer a chance to com back i would.
Productive and busy work days.
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEMarch 6, 2014
A typical work day is doing community outreach. I am going out into the communities to engage people who do not have health insurance and help them enroll in the Afforadable Care Act or Medicaid/Medicare programs. I learned that there are a lot of people who do not know much information about the Affordable Care Act or how to enroll through the Marketplace. Overall, the management is good and I like how they run things. We have a good team. the hardest part of the job is that the marketplace still has some issues and makes it hard to enroll people sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am helping people every day.
Pros
Good over time
Cons
issues with the marketplace
Very supportive staff
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2014
Very supportive and encouraging staff to work with. Enjoyed working with staff.
Pros
Wilingl to teach and counsel in career building
good place to work
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
A typical day starts with a safety meeting and line up on the project of the day and any problems of the day before and try to solve them before we begin the day.problem solving,listen to other,team work.management available to assist and lead to accomplish work safely .co- worker are pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the day is the environment and weather.the most enjoyable part of the day is to accomplish a job well done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small amount of man power
Duties
Electrical Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 17, 2014
• Fulfilled role of acting Lead Electrical Engineer at site in China for China AP1000 project
• Daily client interaction for conflict resolution and meeting costly milestones.
• One of only three Administrators for Shaw Cable Manger for 4 China AP1000 Sites
• Created and managed multiple SCM databases for China AP1000 project
• Managed & provided training to client personnel and colleagues for Shaw Cable Manager & Smart Plant Electrical applications
• Prepared equipment sizing calculations for Diesel Generators, MCCs, Low Voltage Power Panels, UPS Power Panels, Batteries & Chargers
• Prepared numerous One-Line Diagrams, Design Criteria documents, Cable Specifications, Combined Wiring Diagrams and various other engineering documents.
• Current Cable Specialist in Training
Productive Working Enviornment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2014
I have worked for Community Connections for 3 years. During this time I have been professionally mentored, stretched clinically and empowered. I have been trained with the most up-to-date clinical methods of addressing intergenerational trauma and parenting techniques.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been watching the lives of our children and families transform with our cutting edge approach to intergenerational trauma and holistic care. One of the most challenging components of my job as been building the relationships with the families and then transferring them after 6 months of intensive treatment.
Mandatory Actions Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 2, 2014
CBI group handle the former SunTrust employees with sensitivity and professionalism during the transition period of our jobs.
Pros
Keeping our same pay during transition.
Cons
Losing our jobs
Good company to work for.
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockport, INDecember 13, 2013
Over all I think it is an excellent company to work for. Probably a different company outside of current in house maintenance project I work on.
One of the best companeis I've worked for!
Flux-core Pluse Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charels, LANovember 14, 2013
The company is working hard to satisfy all employes needs & as well as complying with federal & state laws, I see this company doing whats right for there employees, from up management to foreman's.
The company & management is one of the best in training there employees to understand the role with the company & also to assisting them with there job role & careers, all foreman's are under excellent training & understand how to treat there employees the way a company is suppose to treat them, with respect, understanding, discipline, to adhere to the companies safe work practices & too provide the company with the best productive work force in the industry.
I was layed off for personal reasons beyond my control, but would do the best to return soon as my personal situation will allow me too, I highly recommend anyone to start a job, career with this company, they have a bright future & growing in the nuclear, construction, refinery & industrial maintenance, gas & oil industry.
Pros
Great paying & safe company with long-term goals, work, infrastructure.
Cons
There is no cons, this is the best Top 10 companies world wide, in pay, safety, jobs.
CBI was a great opportunity
welder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena TexasOctober 21, 2013
CBI was a great opportunity, I got to travel to many states and enjoyed wonder incentives and benefits of working for this company.
Bear was a great Supervisor.
Pros
tons
Cons
good team workers and good wok ethic
Assisted General Foreman (Former Employee) –  jenkinsville s.c.October 8, 2013
served as a electrical foreman to ten employees installed work in accordance to work packages
Pros
good co-workaers
Cons
no benefits
Team Lead
Team Leader, Product Development (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 18, 2013
Managed Program Managers in the Life Sciences industry. Research and develop new products, markets and content that will drive sales and business development opportunities
Great opportunity to learn new skills
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 21, 2013
Company size created opportunities for staff to take on challenging roles and responsibilities both in house and in the field.
Pros
Challenging work, opportunities
Cons
As a small company- not any as company offeered best opps and benefits it could
productive and great place to work
Maintenance/Elect/Welder (Former Employee) –  orangeburg, scJuly 30, 2013
Great place to work. However I worked the shut-down, so I really can't say just on the hours I worked during the shut-down.
Pros
insurance
Cons
short breaks and lunch
Great Team of Attorneys
Legal Secretary to In-house Counsel (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2013
Flexible
Lots of growth opportunity
Great co-workers
Typical but enjoyable day at work
Team friendly environment
Lots of knowledge
Get the job done and then have fun
Laid back
Great Company Values- Horrible Managers
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 24, 2013
This company has a great leader and great values, however, the managers are the opposite of everything the company stands for. The CBI Group is marketed as a "flat organization" with "no silos" and an "open door" policy. Every day there seems to be a new manager added which does not do much for the flatness of the company. If the HR team hired more people that fit the cultural values, it would be an outstanding company to work for. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a few people who are with the company to have a job and do not care about the culture.
Pros
Great people, relaxed culture
Cons
No accountability
I enjoyed working with this company
Commission (Former Employee) –  Proctor, WVMay 25, 2013
Co-workers worked as a team management was good work at different areas the best part was the incentitives.
Pros
got awards
Cons
not nothing was bad
Very busy office enviroment
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 24, 2013
Best job I have ever had. Truly loved all my coworkers. Working in a fabrication shop with up to 150 employees and being the shop secretary if was always busy and I handled all office functions.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
closed shop and moved everything to beaumont
fun place to be everyday
USA Whip - Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKFebruary 7, 2013
i loved this job just didnt make enough money i liked working with all the machinery that they had there gave me a lot of experience working in a bindery
A very productive learning experience
Civil Field Engineer Level II/CEWI Level I (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 31, 2013
Since starting with Shaw grp back in early 2012 I have learned a great deal of new approaches in concrete construction governed by ACI 308,318,349. Also started with structural steel and welding Inspection which I had little to no knowledge in. The hardest part of my job is figuring out ways to keep construction on schedule with out losing quality which is the most enjoyable part of my job as well.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, high speed environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2