CBIZ Employee Reviews

Wellbeing Coordinator/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  DenverNovember 28, 2017
Good place to work. Teams are very supportive in helping you with anything you need. The office environment is nice and well kept. There is a lack of culture, which needs to be embedded.
Great Culture
Corporate Recovery Services Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
I was working with a fairly small team, everyone was very close and the culture was great. I'm the kind of person who would rather have a more stressful work environment and something a little more fast-paced.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance
Cons
Decent compensation
CBIZ is a great company - I left for more career advancement
IT Project Manager / Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 22, 2017
CBIZ Medical Management Professionals (now Zoetech Partners) is a great company. I worked for them 8+ years and just hit a ceiling. I left in search of new opportunity.
Pros
Solid, stable company
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Very good company to work for. Management at existing company left in place. Major problem.
Client Service Manager - 401(k) Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 17, 2017
CBIZ is an absolute wonderful company to work for. However, they buy companies too fast and then have issues with nationalizing those companies. They leave the management in place after their purchase and this is much of the problem.
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Cons
Nationalization
Cbz
Senior Campus Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2017
good place to work but no advancement and low pay. typical day you do the same thing over and over again. Management is good. Typical day is 8 hours but there are times of required overtime on the weekends
Not very strategic or organized
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2017
While I appreciate the work/life balance, there is little room for growth for those in non-accounting roles such as administrative, training, marketing, etc.

Management doesn't communicate well regarding strategic goals for these auxiliary departments or provide training or career development. All attention is on the accountants and producers.
Pros
fun events, work/life balance
Cons
compensation, lack of growth if not in accounting or benefits
As an internship employee it was a good experienced for me who does not has work experienced in USA befor
Internship as Account/Finance Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2017
I learn a new corporate culture which in here we are very independent and even as an internship employee, I learn about the decision maker happen even in a low job status. A new management system that I can apply for other jobs.
Friendly and respectful
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
Management and staff were respectful and friendly. Work environment hectic at times, but employees were very supportive of one another. Professional atmosphere.
I enjoyed working at CBIZ.
Wellbeing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at CBIZ and have many friends there. They provided a lot of opportunity to learn and grow while working there. They also have a great wellness culture!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
I had a contracted job
Great Public Firm to Work for
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  CbizOctober 16, 2017
Great public accounting firm.
Wide-variety clients and experiences.
Good support staff.
Work closely with all management, from manager to managing director.
Pros
Great work life balance for public accounting.
Cons
Good work environment with competitive benefits
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at CBIZ and was there 12 years. I was sad to leave when my position was relocated. I miss my coworkers tremendously. CBIZ hires wonderful employees and expects them to perform. In return the company provides perks such as monthly birthday celebrations and a spectacular year end dinner with prizes and entertainment.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment with good pay and benefits
Cons
Growing more rapidly than small business managers are able to keep up with.
This is a fast paced company.
Tier II Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 2, 2017
I learned a lot during my time at CBIZ. It is a fast pace company, conveniently located and free parking is always a good thing. Good pay and great benefits.
No local management
Employee Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2017
This company has been built on acquiring companies that are up and running. I came in from another industry and they were not set up to train and onboard correctly.
Public accounting
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2017
CBIZ is a good place to work if you hope to advance in a public accounting atmosphere. That being said, public accounting is not for everyone. There is a good amount of turnover. However, management assigns new employees with a mentor, and evaluations are completed twice a year. If you a looking for a good work/life balance, this may not be the place for you.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work hours
If they had not gone out of business I would still be there
Field Network Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2017
Was employed at CBIZ Networking Solutions for over six years and would still be there if they had not folded. My old supervisor at CBIZ is still one of my references.
Pros
Gave us the tools to do the job: Company van, gas card, tools, etc.
Cons
On call 24/7/365, no/small salary increases, no advancement.
Executive Assistant - Tax
Executive Assistant - Tax (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
Management is poor. Very cliquey admin assistants... it is so bad that upper management even admits it.

Lack of training.

Coworks are cut throat. Afraid of losing their jobs, so they try to make new employees look bad.

Worked with a co-worker who supported the tax department herself for many years. The company wanted to hire help for her and she did everything possible to make work life miserable. They went through a couple of people - who lasted only 2 to 8 weeks, respectively. HR did not support.

Really watch your back!!!
Cons
Bad management, cliques and no support from management
Worst leadership team I've ever encountered
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 16, 2017
I worked in the Orange County office in health benefits. The leadership team is dishonest and incompetent. I knew within 3 months that I should have never taken a job with this company. The sales goals were ridiculous, internal resources were nonexistent and the Senior VP lied to clients on a daily basis. Do yourself a favor and don't take a job with this train wreck of a company.
Pros
Decent benefits and offices
Cons
Truly horrible leaders and management. Extremely high turnover and unrealistic sales goals.
Just a student at a Job Shadow
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Spent two days there as a job shadow, and it was pretty enjoyable. The work culture there is something I'd like to work at in the future. I don't know what the full-time work life was like, so ignore my ratings if you will.
Pros
Nice and friendly employees
Accounts Payable Specialist, Sr Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 13, 2017
I loved my job. All of it!!but numbers talk and jobs get eliminated and that's all I have to say about that!
My work was deadline driven , the challenges were ever present and I was happy with the challenges.
Pros
Professional atmosphere, lgreat local leaders
Cons
Lack of career development and unfair compensation
Pension Benefit Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 7, 2017
Unfortunately no opportunity for career development. Advancement based on favoritism. Companies such as this should make a strong effort to recognize dedicated employees.
Pros
Clean environment. Coworkers very freindly.
Cons
Leadership based on favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBIZ. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9