CBIZ Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work all in all - would recommend to a friend although there is limited room for growth. Great management, decent pay, decent benefits
benefits
Cons
pay
CBIZ promotes culture, family and volunteerism
Tax Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 12, 2016
CBIZ creates a place where we are happy and proud to work at. It is a firm that commits to making their staff successful, have a great work/life balance and live beyond our career goals.
Pros
free lunches during busy season; flex time
Cons
Healthcare
Terrific
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2016
Management and corporate culture were supportive. I loved working for CBIZ and would have stayed if I had wanted a career in tax.
Long days, lack of management oversight
Auditor - Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2015
Expect to put in long hours. Most jobs are understaffed which requires everyone to put in excessive hours to make up for the shortages.

Paid is competitive.

Management is very hands off and needs to take a more active role in engagements.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
understaffed jobs
Great group of people, great experience with work and learning.
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 2, 2016
Typically, we were assigned clients on our WIP that we kept update to date through it's assignment from firmflow. Projects depended upon client, budget, and complexity. Enjoyed my time there. Near end of employment there was a lack of work.
Pros
Busy season provided dinner. Summer party. Teamwork.
Cons
Adjusting to merger. Work ran very low for 10/15. Communication amongst different levels, Equal spread of work amongst teams.
Excellent staff/employees
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke VASeptember 9, 2015
Once was a great place to work. Management cannot seem to adequately manage the business as we hit the 130 employee mark. Culture has gone downhill in the past 2 years. The employees are great to work with. Management always seems busy or has doors to their offices closed. They say they care and want to change the business for the better but ... Compensation is low for the industry. You can find similar jobs at other companies for considerably higher pay.
Pros
Always some small event going on to busy the employees and break up the work week
Cons
Low pay for the industry, culture has soured
Very little concern for employees
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 9, 2016
Management was far removed from employees. There was little support to ensure the success of new employees. Company is not very well known.
Great place to work, great people
Data Maintenance Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2017
Training in my department was severely lacking upon my hire, but after working through problems & assistance with teammates, I learned valuable skills necessary for the job.
Pros
Plaza location, flexible scheduling
Cons
training
Cbiz
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Great Company. Nice people to work with. Enjoyed the overall culture
there . They were active in the community which, I really enjoyed being part of.
Great place to work.
Personal Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Overall, CBIZ is a great place to work. CBIZ provides great benefits and a competitive salary. Everybody there is very easy to get along with. Management is great as well.
Pros
Competitive Salary; Benefits
Monotonous, deliberate
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2016
This job was 12 hours per day doing data entry. It paid well so that was the benefit that outweighed it being 12 hours per day.

It was basically sitting by a computer for 12 hours labeling emails and litigation material. It was monotonous, but paid well for people with little experience working in data entry.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
12 hours per day
Didn't enjoy the time there
Employee Benefits (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 30, 2013
I could write a three page review on why the company is no good. Frankly i don't have the time nor the desire to revisit the Bull&^%$ experience I had in full detail. I will just outline my main grievances below.

- Management is Incompetent.
- Micromanagement ( when management is incompetent makes things things 10 times worse)
- Bad business ethics
- Very unorganized files, often had to create client files from scratch.
- HR not helpful in resolving WC issues.
- HR always takes sides with Management
- Does not pay in congruence with other industry firms.
- Company does not honor contract agreements made with employees. (they agree for a pay raise at x date but will not honor.)

Other offices i hear are much better but if you are in southern California i would think twice.

Pros
nice clean modern office, Peaceful surrounding
Cons
Management is horrible from the very top to midlevel.
Cbiz
Senior IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 20, 2016
very good company to work for. Great Location , friendly atmosphere
balance between work and family. but high in micro management
No work/life balance
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 4, 2013
Former long-term employee of one of the Maryland offices. Company offered no work/life balance and expected audit personnel to work unreasonable hours during tax season as well as during summer audit season. They make promises of paid time off, but punish you for using it by structuring bonuses based solely on billable hour budgets (which increase every year). Company routinely passes increases in the cost of benefits along to employees. Company relies on retention of a few large clients and during my time there was not competitive in earning new business. Job would not be stable if one of the large clients was lost. In addition, dynamics of Talbot County do not fair well for "outsiders." If you don't have wealthy parents from Talbot County, you will not be able to build a book of business locally.
Pros
Access to national resources
Cons
no work/life balance; poor benefits; no chance for growth
Poor leadership, no training and micro management, Hostile environment.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 14, 2016
The valuation group is exactly that, a valuation company. They try to offer loss control services as part of their portfolio of services, but they haven't clue on what loss control work is. They rely on a few accounts to provide their "loss control services." They make money and bill on number of buildings surveyed and could care less about actual life safety of the occupants of the buildings surveyed. They expect you to work 12 hour days as well as weekends. They will attempt to service their clients without a contract being signed and will constantly make changes to their offered services.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Poor management with no direction or training skills.
Excellent entry level company with great people
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2012
CBIZ believes highly in bringing new people into the insurance industry. However, there is a little bit of a glass ceiling once you have been there several years. There is no middle step between case managers and the directors (read: big divide), very little advancement, and little learning opportunities after a certain point.
The work is very straight forward and you have the ability/ responsibility to develop your own professional relationship with the agents. Overall, management will support and “has your back”.
Pros
people teach you the industry and products, great coworkers, overall good benefits package
Cons
case managers are work horses, no females as directors, a little unstable, etc.
Valuation group is a circus
Valuation Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 27, 2013
Wow what a waste of time with this company. If you like being thrown under the bus by your management then this is the place to work. No training whatsoever for the valuation consultant position but expectations are that you should figure it out by a 45 second phone call. Director in New Jersey was a complete scum bag who verbally abused employees and clients. Would talk bad about the other directors then praise them to their face. Employees constantly stressed out and given deadlines that are in no way managable. EXPECTED to work late nights, weekends, and most of the time it is to do the managements work. Expect to work vacations.
Pros
good office supplies
Cons
not enough room to post
Amazing place to learn health care
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 9, 2016
Great place to learn health care. MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK SPANISH 90 percent if patients seeking health care are usually spanish..
Pros
1 hour lunch. Leave early on Fridays
Cons
Must speak Spanish .Training not the best
Hard working and willing to work overtime if needed. I am very loyal and enjoy a challange and to learn new things
Executive Administrative Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 19, 2014
I love bookkeeping and what I do day to day. I'm really busy and my day goes by fast. My company is reorganizing and my boss will be retiring soon. I feel it is in my best interest to find another job at this time.

I work with a lot of trusts and have learned how they work and the different types.

We have very poor management. Too many bosses that don't work together.

I love all my co-workers. We work as a team and always help each other.

The hardest part of my job is too many bosses telling me what to do and find myself taking on too much work. There is very poor communication between management which creates a very stressfull day.

Most enjoyable part of my day is doing my work. I love working with numbers and bookkeeping.
Pros
CBIZ has many benefits
Cons
Poor management
Highly Conservative yet interesting place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2015
As a consultant there i spent alot of time traveling. The management could have been better as there was often confusion between the departments but i think that is bound to happen in any organization that provides as many products and services and we do. Most of my coworkers are great and overall it is a good place to work provided you get a good boss.
Pros
free coffee and other snacks on a regular basis
Cons
small company match on the 401k.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBIZ. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval