CBRE Employee Reviews

Very family oriented and positive place to work.
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Midland, MINovember 17, 2016
Typical work day always starts with a safety meeting, from there we get our daily tasks and are able to speak to management with any concerns we may have. This is a company that is wanting you to further your career and climb the ladder. Hardest part of the job is being able to complete the tasks assigned to you that day on time with all the restrictions on certain accounts.
Pros
Family oriented/great benefits
Cons
managment/ expecations
This should not be your first choice
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PANovember 18, 2016
It is hard to get motivate to come to work everyday for this company. In the department I work in we haven't been properly staffed for more than two years. Managers and Supervisor will listen to you and disregard any of your ideas to make it a better work environment. Many will tell you it's even hostile.

The benefits are absolutely horrible. You must meet a deductible before the insurance will pay for anything. You only come to work here if this is your last hope of finding work.
Pros
They will just about hire anyone.
Cons
Not sensitive to people with family.
Concierge Security
Senior Level II OIC (Officer In Charge) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002June 7, 2016
Typical Day At Work on the night shift 11pm-7am
Building perimeter patrols looking for potential safety issues for the public and tenants.
Floor Checks walking every floor of a 71story office building in downtown Houston checking bathrooms for leaks, overflows, incapacitated tenants/visitors/employees.
Garage Patrols checking for transients, plumbing issues, mechanical rooms.
Sunken Plaza/Tunnel Patrols for transients, safety issues, water leaks. Opening the tunnel in the morning.
Elevator monitoring, entrapment rescues.
Management can be petty and unsupportive. Training is a constant with training videos and tests required to be taken each month.
Co-workers are encouraged to tattle on one another which causes unnecessary bickering and infighting.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck and time off.
Pros
Pretty building to work in. Smart uniforms.
Cons
Management/Corp.culture, low wages and puny insignificant raises
A culture of hypocrisy
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 3, 2016
Having worked in this company has been a nightmare for me and my family.
Management pressures the employee creating and reviewing work procedures daily. Each time changing the rules.

Management are never satisfied with the work of employees and if they make mistakes just dismiss them without any reason.

CBRE has a lot of management few employees. They try to justify their jobs and creating situations against employees where none exists.

The stress against employees that are large and some of them are in psychiatric and serious situations.

Working with CBRE in a nightmare every day.

Not worth working at CBRE and no chance to continue the same growth as previous management companies.
Pros
Some benefits
Cons
I do not recommend anyone working for CBRE.
Wonderful Place to Work!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 7, 2016
From every aspect I'd say this was my favorite job I've had to opportunity to work at. Excellent people, all very respectable, driven and amazing people to work with. Management was encouraging and appreciative. Compensation was just fine with me. The atmosphere was great too. Overall, a wonderful place to work.
Pros
People, atmosphere, management, location...everything!
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment
N.A. Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2016
Excellent benefits, positive learning environment. Industry leader in facilities management. Excellent work platform for collaboration. Friendly and knowledgeable co-workers.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hard to move up unless you know the right person.
Good starting salary and great benefits.
Real Estate Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 8, 2016
Real Estate Managers lack managing people skills. Each out for his own. No team work. Do not go to HR with concerns. It will only make matters uncomfortable and probably get you fired eventually.
Pros
Good starting salary, benefits, training
Cons
ALOT of CBRE based training course required. Time consuming if you have a full work load.
Awsome company
Lead hvac (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2016
Very bad management
Advanced up into management but there were people that did not care about the place they were contracted to work
Pros
Advancement and 401K
Cons
Bad management and HR
Work life balance
HSE Manager for Southern California (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93311August 8, 2016
The com[any has great benefits and work life balance. But after I worked there 4 years and went back to college to obtain my degree I was one of the first to get laid off when oil prices dropped.
Pros
vacation
Cons
employee raking system
Great company to work for
Business Operations Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2016
Have always loved working for CBRE. Great hours, Great Benefits, Great people to work with. They also provide continued education via online courses.

Want to know more about CBRE?

Ask a question
epitome of corporate
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2016
Good place to work for with many perks for employees. Great Internships and learning experience. Impressive offices due to their Workplace Strategy initiative.
Pros
Free snacks and adjustable workstations
Cons
Compensation, Benefits
Good company and benefits
Operations Manager - Critical Environments (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2016
Good company and benefits. Very Flexible with PTO
Paid Holidays. Full Medical and Dental.
Many opportunities for relocating to other accounts.
Hard to work here if you have a family
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2016
Hard work decent money poor managers ! I regret going here it was a waste of time and vehicle managers and brokers are all that counts here
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Almost everything else
Former JCI employee acquired by CBRE
Sr. Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2016
Work onsite a pharma company. CBRE acquired a portion on JCI that I worked for. They are a real estate company and don't seem well suited to understand and support bio science workers who aren't supporting a building. Changing hands of company has been rough. Benefits are OK; JCI was better. Pay is good, lower managent good but upper management is out of the loop and clueless at times.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2016
Reporting for work and doing your job,You do the same job the same every day.No cross training I've been ther for several years and have done several jobs but not for this company.I like the people that I work with.To me there is nothing hard about my job.The reason Ibeen there this long is because I like doing what I do.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
pay not very good as for as raise yearly
Accountant
Real Estate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 28, 2016
The work load is based off a point system. However, I have had more than one property that was way under pointed. The workload stays strong, when you loose one, you get another one. If you have a family, this place is not for you. Managers do not understand why you need to leave and pickup your kids from daycare at the end of the day. Long days for accountants and even longer for Sr accountants and managers who work all nights plus all weekend long. Horrible turn around based on over load of work, unrealistic deadlines, and high stress.
Pros
Learn different software
Cons
Poor health benefits, high stress, over bearing work load
Do not work for cbre
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2016
i been with this company for a year, NO Pay Raises, No Training, just a day at CBRE, then you get more WORK,So find some where , a not CBRE. Save the Headaches you will get
Pros
Cons
NO pay Raises, NO Training
regular fun work to place work for
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2016
would work monday through friday good people to work for.its a calm environment wasn't very stressful but the benefits could have been better
Great Company to start career in commercial real estate
Debt & Equity Financing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2015
Typical workday includes team meetings, calling, emailing, speaking with producers and clients.
Management is good but it is very entrepreneurial work.
Analysts work for the Producers, salary plus bonus.
surrounded by qualified co-workers who work hard.
Hardest part of the job is the hand holding of clients and getting paperwork in on time.
Most enjoyable is the personalities of the office, bonuses and prestige of the company.
Pros
Positive, smart work environment, prestigious brand, bonuses
Cons
Poor office space, hand holding clients to finish paperwork.
Facility Coordinator
Assistant Facility Manager/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 3, 2016
Property Management Company that I worked was processing work orders from The Hartford Financial Services.

Clients would call or submit a work order for their location for temperature issues, plumbing, elevators not working. Light bulbs need to be replaced. Any property issues I would process the work order and contact the Landlord / Tenant of that location. I would also follow up with the client to make sure that the request was completed to their satisfaction.

Management was easy to work with. They had your back on any decision that you made.

Co-workers were also helpful we worked as a team. Communication was the key to make the workplace pleasant.
Pros
Safe Enviornment - Able to work with confidence.
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.