CBRE Employee Reviews

Great/Work Life Balance
Senior Real Estate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2018
Very enjoyable work environment with an incredible office that supports collaboration. Pay is typically lower than market average. Abundant opportunity to learn and advance career.
Pros
Cons
Below Market Pay
Not a bad place
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2018
My first job here with CBRE when I graduated from college. I was with this company for about 8 years going through 3 different positions and relocation. Like most companies, they're looking at the bottom line first and not too much care is allotted for the employees well beings or job securities. Lay off was inevitable.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
stressful at time
My client keeps developing buildings and they go directly to me to manage with no extra pay
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I currently manager over 200 tenants and 42 buildings that amounts to over 7 million square feet of industrial product. I love what I do but they are burning me out and do not pay attention when I voice my concerns. I don't want my clients to ever be in jeopardy because I have so many tenants and buildings and not much help.
Pros
love working with my clients and tenants
Cons
overloaded with work with no increase in pay
Good Company to work for.
Mobile Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 17, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company - joining CBRE is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other. Minimal supervision. Interesting projects - I have worked at CBRE less than a year and no 2 projects are alike.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2018
A typical work was very busy.
I learn how to communicated with difficult employees
management did'n have your back when it came to support.
The work place culture was OK.
Dealing with employees with very little work ethic
Some of my direct reports made my job easy and enjoyable
Decent Training and Direction
Investment Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I was very excited to be offered this position, however the training was limited as my direct supervisor was based in Boston and although I because proficient in Argus, it was mostly self-based.
Good company and good culture
Project Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Work from home and managed several project managers around the country. Flew in for business meetings monthly. Good place to work and could present issues to management easily.
Pros
work from home
Cons
clients were a wildcard
Outstanding team members promoting a collaborative environment
Director of Project and Property Management (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2018
CBRE is known throughout the world as a leader in real estate and program management services. Core services include real estate transactions, facilities and project management and service studies
Pros
Collaborative environment
Good industry experience on challenging account
Transaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2018
The account I worked on was volume driven, which allowed me to get a firm understanding on the "ins and outs" of the industry as a whole. Management was ineffective at motivating their team. Keeping up with the pace of work was the most challenging part of this job.
From my perspective....
Program Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The most enjoyable parts of the job were the people and learning opportunities gained from working with a global, cross functional team. CBRE is not a terrible place to work but it is a political, bureaucratic environment. It's grown into a large global organization that has worked hard to move its back office systems and infrastructure to a structured platform. If you have an existing strong knowledge-base to pull from it's an incredible environment to work in, but be prepared to work long and hard. Every manager is obviously different, but I happened to be in a situation where my manager was reactive to fires and didn't provide a lot of growth opportunities.
Good Company To Work For
Transaction Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2018
The culture at CBRE is great. For as large as the company is, they make you feel valued as an employee at CBRE. CBRE is a great company to work for.
Not a great place for employment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 12, 2018
The departments were too separated and did not work as a team like it should be or what they tell you in your orientation. You feel pretty isolated and not part of the team as a whole.
Cons
Not team oriented
Fun and Exciting place to work
TRANSACTION MANAGER-GLOBAL WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2018
Competitive, yet everyone helped each other succeed.

Great work/life balance.

Open communication.

CBRE really cares about their employees and their future.
Hard To Advance
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2018
For the first half of my time at CBRE I really enjoyed myself. It wasn't until later that I started to realize how limiting my position is - not only that but the lack of communication within the company in general makes it hard for anything to get done, or for anyone to be on the same page
Pros
Being hourly
Cons
management, career growth, atmosphere
Poor Salary
Assistant Project Manager -- Contractual (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Other than salary, it was a good experience. Did not like the amount of traveling that was needed. Feel a lot of it was not necessary. Had to often figure out job yourself, which I didn't mind.
Pros
Leave + they are not micro management
Cons
salary
Great introduction and exposure to Commercial Real Estate
Appraisal Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2018
Can't beat CBRE for it's name recognition in the business and they did a great job making interns feel welcomed. There great effort put into the program in order to make connections with as many employees as possible and learn about each business area within the company.
Pros
Education, location, name-recognition, people
Cons
Not a feeder program
Fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Fast paced a new challenge every day easy environment mangers are very supportive, work within multiple business lines and units, a lot of knowledge to be learned. Tough client. Not micromanaged.
Loved It
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 8, 2018
I never worked so hard as I did when I was at CBRE. The work was intense (project management side, not real estate), the hours were long, but this is the only job I've ever had where everyone worked equally hard and hustling was the common culture. We built each other up and worked as a great team.
Fast-Growing Company
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2018
CBRE proved too be a little too stressful to me. I was used to working in a more collaborative environment, with all employees working together on projects, as in a team.
Pros
Successful business.
Good company
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coastal GeorgiaJanuary 6, 2018
Great Company,no issues/only left when company lost account/was picked up by Lincoln Harris/CBRE was great to work for .I would have loved to stay,but had to go w/new Outsourcing Company for Account..Great Company.....
Pros
great
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.