CBRE Employee Reviews

I had a good experience working for C.B.R.E
Facilities Coordinator/Handyman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
I was with C.B.R.E for almost a year and was a Facilities Coordinator. I was treated professionally in all aspects of my job. I like the benefits they offered even the little things like the commuter program that they had. It wasn't union and I wish that medical benefits were included with the position.
Pros
Free food all day long, the account was great, so were the people.
Cons
The account didnt have to much O/T and I was bored.
Easy flowing open job with plenty of room for growth
Assistant Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 19, 2017
Good hours , decent pay, free drinks, amazing food at the cafes , get to see all the different building formats and buildings, mobile non stationary job, good excersize
Pros
Free drinks, good people flexible staff good steady hours, plenty of opportunities for growth
Cons
Part time job
Mobile Technician
Mobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2017
managed 9 warehouse facilities for Iron Mountain Account
Many responsibilities not enough support from management, making the client very difficult to please.
Too many properties were assigned and a large range of territory in South Florida.
Challenging Job
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 17, 2017
Teamwork is definitely encouraged at CBRE. Weekly meetings are held to keep the team aware of any concerns happening with the asset to the company voice. Every day is different as are the situations that come up. Every one on the team from housekeeping, security, engineering and management has an opinion to be considered. Education is also encouraged along with monthly safety classes. CBRE challenges us to bring new ideas to the front. Ideas that can save money, time and energy. The best part of using CBRE is how streamlined every aspect of management is. Leaving CBRE was the hardest thing to do.
Pros
Education assistance
Cons
Weekend Work
Productive and friendly environment
Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2017
Great management that really care about the people. The employees are friendly and willing to help each other when needed. It is a nice steady work load with emphasis on safety.
Great company
Senior Real Estate Manager - NYC Portfolio (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2017
JLL offers many opportunities. They have an excellent company culture and resources to become a successful partner in Real Estate. I recommend JLL..
Just a great place to work
Facility Manager - Eli Lilly (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRMarch 10, 2017
Excellent company. Great benefits. Always informing all the associates about any changes. a lot of opportunity to grow. Great on training people. Great culture
Management and Enviroment was not favorable to work in.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 10, 2017
Not all the CBRE offices are using the new open concept floor plans. Especially if you are working as a third party contractor. If you are considering working there. Make sure the environment you are to work in is the beautiful space you interviewed in. You may just end up in a dark and basement like environment.

Work load and manager guidance is very lacking. My manager never looks at my work, because she is overwhelmed with work herself.
Good
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 9, 2017
CBRE is the #1 commercial real estate company in the world. The brand color is green. Management is weak in this company, it is hard to grow in the company if you aren't friends with management.
CBRE is a very professional company
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 8, 2017
Fast paced customer service, detailed orientated, good benefits, the Santa Rosa site that I worked at is a beautiful campus and the customer is very engaged with CBRE
Pros
CBRE is a financially solid company
Cons
periodic workforce adjustments are made to help their(CBRE's)customers meet their goals
Great Ideas But Poor Execution
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2017
I was very encouraged when CBRE took over management of the facility where I worked. We were presented with lots of good ideas about preventative maintenance and consistency in inventory sourcing. I worked for them for two years and not a single one of those innovations was implemented. In that time, we had 5 managers and 3 HR reps come & go and (including me) 6 mechanics left for better prospects elsewhere.
Cons
communication was poor & implementation of proceedures was constantly changing
I would definitely recommend CBRE/Johnson Controls to anyone looking for a good place to work
HVAC service tech (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 4, 2017
I was responsible for building HVAC maintenance, controls, chiller plant operations including cooling towers and chemical feed systems. I always felt that management would lend me the support to complete my duties. We also had the best technicians there, highly professional, but also willingly to help anyone, when needed.
Pros
Great technicans, supervisors and general working environment
Cons
Pharma industry is a very fast paced environment as all equipment is critical.
great benefits.
Engineering Dept.--Electric (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2017
This is a growing company with great benefits. Management seems fair but is in need of a more streamlined leadership with a more "boots on the ground" mentality because it is impossible to manage efficiently from an office in an ivory tower.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
lack of business culture
Get it in writing.
Chief Engineer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 4, 2017
Typical day includes 2-5 conference calls per day, clearing paperwork and gathering information for (4) facilities for a multitude of projects that exponentially increase, continuously plan facility maintenance 8 weeks in advance, and maintain nearly 200,000 sq. ft. facility singlehandedly. Not enough staffing or hours in a day that the salary and benefits can justify.
Pros
Safety Culture
Cons
Understaffing
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Facilities Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 3, 2017
The hardest part of the job:Contracted work on customer account. The business cycles can be very up and down working with fixed and O &M budgets.

Things I learned was developing vendor relationships in order to complete work purchase orders on time to customer satifaction
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
health care
CBRE is a great company to work for
Business Operations Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
I have enjoyed my time (almost 7 years) working with CBRE. They are a company that holds all of their employees to a high standard. I have learned many things working here. My supervisors have been great mentors to me and have encouraged me to progress in my professional career.

The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the people. I have never worked for a better bunch of people before.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Continued Education with online courses, World Class Co-Workers
Supportive workplace
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 2, 2017
I have worked there for 10 years. I enjoy the various opportunities and jobs available. CBRE is very dedicated to sustainability and I was happy that they gave me the support to lead a LEED program for retail.
Amazing Company to work for, truly World Class
Sr. Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 2, 2017
CBRE is one of a kind, they provide World Class Service and hold their RISE values to the utmost ethical standards. I would recommend everyone take a look at joining their workforce.
Pros
Excellent Work Life Balance
Mckinstry was great
Lead Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 28, 2017
Mckinstry was a great company to work for and I wish I still worked for them. They lost the contract to CBRE. The transition was smooth enough,
Truly inspiring
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Truly inspiring

Great vision and innovation.

It was a pleasure to work here .

A company that does things the right way.

I highly recommend it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.