CBRE Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 28, 2016
Handled questions from tenants and property management. Update tenant information in the system. Review rent ups for accuracy. Process straight-line rents for the month, and book JE. Post accruals and depreciation JEs. Review CIP accounts for accuracy. Review B/S accounts for accuracy. Confirm that financial statements are compliant with company policy, GAAP, and SEC.

Management could have done a better job in training people. Doing these daily activities is a huge learning curve for anyone starting out in this company. However, once you have learned the detailed processes involved in producing accurate financial statements, you will have gained great experiences.

Co-workers are all very nice and happy to help you.
Good Company with a great network.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAOctober 5, 2015
Overall good experience. Good pay with good benefits. Experience can vary based on which particular account you are on. Work life Balance could be better as certain clients are very demanding.
Cons
Work Life Balance could be better.
Exciting, Fun, Family Orientated Work Environment
REAL ESTATE SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 18, 2015
Fast paced, fun work place with great management! Awesome benefits included extra paid time off before holidays and incentive to save up to $600 annually on health benefits package. Truly a great company to work for that is growing by leaps and bounds.
Pros
promote within
Cons
super busy work
Great company to gain experience but not very good work/life balance
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at CBRE but I had to work a lot hours a week. I hoed to do a lot overtime. I gained a lot of experience in a short period of time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to have much free time with my family and friends because of the work load.
Pros
Great Health and 401K benefits
Cons
Need to improve life/work balance
A culture of hypocrisy
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 3, 2016
Having worked in this company has been a nightmare for me and my family.
Management pressures the employee creating and reviewing work procedures daily. Each time changing the rules.

Management are never satisfied with the work of employees and if they make mistakes just dismiss them without any reason.

CBRE has a lot of management few employees. They try to justify their jobs and creating situations against employees where none exists.

The stress against employees that are large and some of them are in psychiatric and serious situations.

Working with CBRE in a nightmare every day.

Not worth working at CBRE and no chance to continue the same growth as previous management companies.
Pros
Some benefits
Cons
I do not recommend anyone working for CBRE.
diligent, accountable, full of integrity.
Chief Engineer - One O'Hare Centre (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 9, 2016
Teamwork is definitely encouraged at CBRE. Weekly meetings are held to keep the team aware of any concerns happening with the asset to the company voice. Every day is different as are the situations that come up. Every one on the team from housekeeping, security, engineering and management has an opinion to be considered. Education is also encouraged along with monthly safety classes. CBRE challenges us to bring new ideas to the front. Ideas that can save money, time and energy. The best part of using CBRE is how streamlined every aspect of management is. Leaving CBRE was the hardest thing to do.
Pros
Easily handle anything issue that can come up with asset management. From construction to IT issues.
Cons
Small windows of notification for overtime.
Obiee
Senior BI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2015
Only problem was commuting a long distance and low compensation .
work and life balance was really good with 8 days around paid holidays during christmas.
Productive workplace, great location, great management
Commercial Real Estate Researcher (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 31, 2015
There was a lot of freedom with supportive management and excellent location. Compensation was poor and benefits were not the best. Advancement was slow and unsure. Overall, great experience.
Pros
Great management, freedom
Cons
pay, benefits
Fast-paced, World Class Environment
Brand & Creative Manager - Florida (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2016
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2015 revenues of $10.9 billion and more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #321 in 2015. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 15 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for four years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBG.”

The Company serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting.
Pros
Fast-paced, World Class Corporate Environment
Concierge Security
Senior Level II OIC (Officer In Charge) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002June 7, 2016
Typical Day At Work on the night shift 11pm-7am
Building perimeter patrols looking for potential safety issues for the public and tenants.
Floor Checks walking every floor of a 71story office building in downtown Houston checking bathrooms for leaks, overflows, incapacitated tenants/visitors/employees.
Garage Patrols checking for transients, plumbing issues, mechanical rooms.
Sunken Plaza/Tunnel Patrols for transients, safety issues, water leaks. Opening the tunnel in the morning.
Elevator monitoring, entrapment rescues.
Management can be petty and unsupportive. Training is a constant with training videos and tests required to be taken each month.
Co-workers are encouraged to tattle on one another which causes unnecessary bickering and infighting.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck and time off.
Pros
Pretty building to work in. Smart uniforms.
Cons
Management/Corp.culture, low wages and puny insignificant raises
Productive and busy
Receptionist & Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 5, 2016
Daily routine consisted of opening the office turning over the switchboard retrieving /sending/logging/ messages, Preparing, receiving, distributing all US mail and Fed ex and UPS mail.
Filing and coding invoices. Upkeep and supplies of copiers and USPS mail machines.
Lots of filing! Office upkeep. Daily in and out log. Excel data entry .
Memos and creating some spreadsheets. More filing,
Office supply ordering.
This was a very busy office with an average of 80 -120 incoming calls a day. We had over 80 properties to manage with well over 300 tenants. I took a lot of tenant complaints/request.the worst part of the job was when the weather was bad I could not help the tenants with requests fast enough. I loved the business and my co- worker and I learned a lot in fact I did not even know how to turn on a computer when I started this job. I had worked factory jobs for twelve years before this job.
Pros
Productive and busy
Cons
Sometimes overwhelmingly busy
Highlight of my career!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  North Carolina/FloridaMay 21, 2015
I worked for CBRE on the RBC Bank account for 6 years. I started in a small role and was promoted over the years to a higher position. The first few years we were a smaller group and had so much fun at work. Over the years our account grew and we went through a lot of changes...some were difficult but I always loved going to work each day. Unfortunately RBC Bank was bought out by PNC Bank and we all lost our jobs. Looking back now, I realize how much I miss my time at CBRE. I really felt I had a "career" and now I just have a "job". I miss my co-workers and I will always cherish the 6 years I worked there.
Pros
Growth, great pay and good benefits
Cons
Client contract work can be unstable
Challenging environment working as a third party contractor within another organization
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 11, 2016
CBRE was my employer, but my job was somewhat unusual in that all of my duties were dictated by the hospital organization we were contracted with to manage their environmental services/staff. We were treated as outsiders, and it was very difficult to get anything accomplished to the hospital organizations "satisfaction" as communications were often tense, slow and ineffective. I was told that working independently for CBRE was a far different experience.
One of best companies in the U.S.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Outstanding organization with top management and excellent company culture. Able to work with many talented professionals across diverse service lines. Highly recommend.
Pros
Company culture.
Cons
Great place to gain experience.
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 2, 2016
As a supervisor I wear many hats and people ask me questions all day long. I really enjoy this aspect as I love helping whenever I can. I have three direct reports and two are brand new accountants so I get to mentor them. The client I am currently working on is a large publically traded company so it has been fast paced and much more complicated than any other or our 600 clients. I have succeeded in meeting this challenge and as a result have gained valuable knowledge.
Pros
wonderful people, three monitors, quarterly team outings.
Cons
Work/Life Balance needs improvement.
There are many opportunities availible throughout the organizations.
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 9, 2015
The work life balance and job culture may vary depending on the account. As with any management company, the culture of the contracted company is sometimes lost depending on the account.
Clique-ish with all the office politics
PORTFOLIO SERVICES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2015
My experience at CBRE was minimal because my assignment ended after only a month because it was not for me. I worked in Portfolio Services and found the work to be engaging and challenging. You will flourish here if you can keep your head down and minimize socializing, but you will miss out on advancement because that is based on your ability to schmooze. I found that middle management was clueless and rarely offered a helping hand. Training comes from coworkers who are working hard trying to meet their own deadlines, and trying to squeeze in time to show the newbies how to do things.
Comprehensive Provider of Real Estate and Facilities Management Solutions
O&M Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 23, 2016
CBRE is a well known, global company, that specializes in Real Estate and Facilities Management. With the recent acquisition of Global Workplace Solutions, a former division of Johnson Controls, CBRE has become a world leader in Real Estate and Facilities Management. Its client list include not only Commercial but Industrial facilities such as Pharmaceuticals.
Good safety mentality, working conditions were rewarding and pleasant.
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 7, 2016
I never worked with a more professional group of people. Management was responsive to safety concerns, and generally took an interest in its workers. If we needed any specialty tools or parts were needed to perform our work, these would be provided for us with question. . Before working for Johnson controls/CBRE I had worked at the same site for Roche, and can say that CBRE was far better to work for.
Pros
Working conditions, personnel
Workday
HR Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2016
Go in, get your work done, leave. No excitement what so ever. Advancement in the company might take a while. Having a good Corporate culture doesn't seem so important here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.