CBRE

CBRE Employee Reviews

Good
Business Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2015
GOOD, Job Work/Life Balance, Management, Job Culture, Compensation/Benefits, working at this company CBRE. Overall, good coworkers, fun environment.
no comment
Project Manager - (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2015
No comment, short contract period, assignment only lasted 3 months, did not have the appropriate amount working time to formulate an opinion.
productive and challenging but never boring.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 10, 2015
I enjoy working for CBRE because it is a fast pace company, never a dull moment. The office where I am located is super busy, high intensity and always changing. The hardest part of the job is no room for advancement so it is difficult to envision a long future.
Pros
Never boring
No Work/Life Balance
Facilities (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 9, 2015
Company only offers salary the client you're assigned to is willing to pay. Company wins clients by promising low fees & low staffing, instead of quality of services, so this leads to low pay and long hours. Company has some great and dedicated field employees, but always restricted by client financial goals and demands. Job is unstable, because you're at the mercy of length of clients' contracts with CBRE. Being on call all the time is tough, especially when the amount of assigned sites is high. Others in same position working with different client can have much better experience if client has realistic financial and staffing expectations.
Pros
Full benefit package
Cons
On call job means low work/life balance
There are many opportunities availible throughout the organizations.
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 9, 2015
The work life balance and job culture may vary depending on the account. As with any management company, the culture of the contracted company is sometimes lost depending on the account.
It's an OK place to Work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 7, 2015
If you are not a broker, it's just another job. You will meet a lot of people and make great connections. They pay just OK, but you need to be self sufficient.
Work in Progress
BlueWork Concierge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
Opportunity to express ideas and concerns. Room for growth. Great understanding of how facilities management works. Concierge management is great. Co-Workers are great. Great opportunity to network and meet new people within the Towers.
Pros
Meeting new people and networking opportunities
Cons
Not the best direction of what is expected daily.
CBRE Review
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 25, 2015
CBRE is a good company to work for. The work environment is fantastic. All of my co-workers and I work together to get all the work done and we have fun while doing so. Since I have been here I honed and expanded my skill set it is crazy! I love waking up and going into work here! There is always something new going on. The only negative is the ability to expand and advance. There is not too much ability to do that.
Pros
Co- Workers
Cons
CBRE has different accounts. The account I work for can sometimes be difficult.
Corporate culture is strong
Real Estate Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 25, 2015
Good company for fresh professional to learn on the job, comparably the compensation and benefits are not up to standard. Some of the supervisor always assume you know the work and not taking time to teach you on the job.
Pros
Good start for fresh professional
Cons
Compensation and benefits not good
Review Summary
Real Estate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 22, 2015
CBRE pays below market and requires employees to complete a lot of work. However, most employees are hourly. This means that the work-life balance is better because you are generally working only 40 hours a week. On the other side, you are expected to complete work that should sometimes take more than 40 hours a weekk.
Obiee
Senior BI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2015
Only problem was commuting a long distance and low compensation .
work and life balance was really good with 8 days around paid holidays during christmas.
Productive Place to work with a relaxed culture
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2015
Relaxed culture,
A typical day included checking email for supervisor's notes, client information, reviewing AR aging, reviewing the General Ledger for discrepancies, updating my checklist with ongoing duties
I learned a bit of Financial analysis and learnt People Soft software
Management was understanding and caring
Coworkers were helpful and friendly
The hardest part of the job getting in contact with the finance contacts in a timely basis
The most enjoyable part getting through the month end close
Pros
Great benefits, Paid rail transit, great medical plan
Cons
Month end review filled with a number of different reports
Does not live by their RISE values
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2015
Very cut throat with no clear guidance from management. You have to play a guessing game to see what they want. Very stressful environment with no direction or career advancement.
Pros
nice on site cafe
Cons
You are just a number there. They do not care about their employees.
Strong Business
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2015
Very smart business model with unlimited growth, very ambitious and progressive, continually seeking new lines of revenue, very fast paced in many different aspects. The company will continue to be the largest commercial real estate company in the world if it continues it's course.
Pros
Strong business
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
CBRE Summary
Brokerage Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 11, 2015
CBRE was a great company for me to experience not only with top brokers in the commercial real estate world but to experience a true and excessive work life that I enjoyed doing throughout my stay,
Clique-ish with all the office politics
PORTFOLIO SERVICES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2015
My experience at CBRE was minimal because my assignment ended after only a month because it was not for me. I worked in Portfolio Services and found the work to be engaging and challenging. You will flourish here if you can keep your head down and minimize socializing, but you will miss out on advancement because that is based on your ability to schmooze. I found that middle management was clueless and rarely offered a helping hand. Training comes from coworkers who are working hard trying to meet their own deadlines, and trying to squeeze in time to show the newbies how to do things.
overall good goals and views as a whole
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2015
I love What i do, being able to take care of the Facility as if it were my home, i loved interacting and being able to please the tenants that were having issues knowing i can resolve it for them. i am Engineer because it is what i love to do, its been in my family since i was a kid so it what i am accustom too. Once again Thank you for the opportunity you have available i look Forward to meeting you and discussing the Opportunities Available
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
poor communication
Good Training, but Stressful and Intense
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
CBRE is a company built on expansion and profit generation. Those are the primary drivers of the company and also what they value most. Do not expect a reasonable work-life balance.
Pros
Company Name Recognition
Cons
Pressure
Energy Systems Analyst
Energy Systems Analyst/Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2015
CBRE is a good place to work with excellent teamwork and strong commitment to ethics. Management and co-workers are all very supportive of each other and work well together.
Pros
Flexibility, ability to work at home sometimes
Cons
Healthcare benefits; vacation time interruptions
Company has far to go to keep employees on client account offices
facility coordinator (Former Employee) –  USANovember 6, 2015
CBRE sells managed services to their customers which means there are many employees working on customer accounts, not within a CBRE office. The management for employees on a client account vary; management and HR for the account I was on could use some coaching from the home office of CBRE. The core group of people at our client site has the most opportunities for advancement, frequently host team events, among other benefits the field employees to not benefit from. Management is not supportive and does not want employees to improve processes for our client or their employees.
Pros
Opportinities to volunteer with non profits
Cons
No advancement, bad mangement, bad HR (for client account)