CBRE Employee Reviews

#1 Commercial Real Estate Co
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJune 22, 2015
It's number 1 for a reason! Great company if this is the path you intend to take! So many locations and positions to chose from.
Great work place
HVAC/ R Tech II (Former Employee), seattle, waJune 21, 2015
Pros: free drinks pop, energry drinks.
Cons: critical equipment
HVAC tech work i awesome. learned various commercial equipment.
management is great always helpful. co workers are great, hardest part of the job is begin able to keep up with work load and prioritize. MICROSOFT bldg are the best place i have ever worked at never boring.
Have the plattform to advace in career
Real Estate Associate Accountant (Current Employee), MNJune 12, 2015
CBRE is striving to become the best real estate company, very productive and accommodative work place with the platform to learn.
Only One Cubical fire...
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Pennington, NJJune 6, 2015
Pros: A giant bull statue and onsite Starbucks
Cons: cubicle fires, car leaks and daycare regulations
During my time with CBRE, there was no shortage of high paced, attention to detail tasks that would be presented to you during the span of the day. Relationship maintenance was key as was an extremely high level of customer service to onsite clientele.
Good place to work for building is selling
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), lakewoodJune 5, 2015
Pros: good location
Cons: no time off
all good no complaints building is selling and it is time to find a new building to help and take care of! I have done my best for 12 years here and hopefully made an impact
Lead Building Engineer (Former Employee), Pnotiac MIJune 1, 2015
Great people, good benefits. large area to move around and move up. managers and co workers are great, good amount of PTO time.
Abandoned and Forgotten
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 30, 2015
Pros: High turnover rate, so always a new face to see.
Cons: Dozen irrelevant corporate emails received daily.
Work as an embedded tech at the customer's location. There is no communication from upper management to my team. When there is communication, it is either from spam corporate emails that have absolutely nothing to do with my job OR something went wrong and a higher manager is coming in to give us a stern lecture OR it is HR trying to set something up, such as meeting/lunch/training which my team cannot attend. That last one is important, because again, it shows the local HR doesn't even recognize my team's job responsibilities or the contractual obligation to the customer.

Structure of employee pay is odd. Straight pass-through from customer. It is like they pay me, but CBRE hijacks the check and puts their name on it, then acts like it comes from them. If the customer decides to freeze my team's pay for years, CBRE will NOT step in to pay the raise out of their own pocket. They'll just place the blame on the customer.

They have no system in gaining new hires when someone inevitably quits. Most applicants are not even remotely qualified for the position. This of course causes desperation and they end up hiring someone willing to work the horrible shift for horrible money. We end up with a lot of bad teammates that either choose to not work, or simply can't because of that individual's own limitations out of their control. This forces the required work to fall on the shoulders of 30% of the team. Good employees are overworked, while so many get a free ride. They won't be fired because of the poor hiring system. Though that means excellent job security.

Upper management – more... NEEDS to recognize what the contract with the customer entails, and what exactly it takes to fulfill those obligations. They need to figure out how to hire and KEEP the employees that allow them to provide the best service to the customer. They need to take ownership of the project and the team. Become a part of it. Otherwise you'll keep bad apples, and all the good employees will come and go, and the customer will end up displeased. – less
Highlight of my career!
Accountant (Former Employee), North Carolina/FloridaMay 21, 2015
Pros: Growth, great pay and good benefits
Cons: Client contract work can be unstable
I worked for CBRE on the RBC Bank account for 6 years. I started in a small role and was promoted over the years to a higher position. The first few years we were a smaller group and had so much fun at work. Over the years our account grew and we went through a lot of changes...some were difficult but I always loved going to work each day. Unfortunately RBC Bank was bought out by PNC Bank and we all lost our jobs. Looking back now, I realize how much I miss my time at CBRE. I really felt I had a "career" and now I just have a "job". I miss my co-workers and I will always cherish the 6 years I worked there.
Good place to work.
Service Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2015
Over all enjoy working with customers and finding solutions to any situations that arose. And keeping my facility looking it's best to reflect my pride in what i do.
Great Position For Working Independently
Route Engineer (Current Employee), Lexington, KentuckyMay 18, 2015
Pros: Union, Insurance
Cons: Busy Work, Lack Of Advancement
A typical day at work consists of going to multiple locations--performing preventative maintenance, as well as emergency and routine work orders from the varying locations.
Do Not Wish to Provide (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Great place, just slow to advance it seems.
Management is awesome however and think they care for the employees happiness and well being.
Fun and Exciting Work place
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 12, 2015
Great environment and definitely stay busy. Exciting and regarding with opportunity for growth for those willing to work for it.
The people, culture and benefits are great
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 11, 2015
Great place to work,The People are friendly and helpful. The Culture fosters hard work and fun. My dentist commented, "You have better dental benefits than I do!" The benefits are awesome! The freedom to grow and develop as an individual are great
Great place to work odd hours.
Building Engineer (Former Employee), GRAPEVINE TXMay 11, 2015
Good place to work and also great training but the hours where odd and long had no time for my family. Also would rotate shifts wich made it hard to adjust to.
Great company to work for!
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2015
CBRE empowers their employees to learn more about the industry and provides venues for career growth. I recommend CBRE!
Best employer I have ever worked for.
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Houston, Tx.May 11, 2015
Bar none. This is the best employer I have ever worked for. Training, team cooperation, unit strength, benefits and general support can not be underrated.
Excellent place to work
Senior Lease Analyst (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 30, 2015
CBRE is a growing company with excellent client and ethical focus. The company is financially sound and delivers great client services. Everyone in the company has values of respect, integrity and excellence.
not people oriented at all
Building Engineer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 18, 2015
Run like a machine. If they can eliminate someone they do and there are no feelings at all. It is business and if you can be replaced by a robot- good for the bottom line. Typical worldly view.
Great firm to be a part of
Rotational MBA Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Modern Technology, great exposure to multiple lines of business in real estate. The financial consulting group is a great place to gain broad financial analysis skills specific to real estate.
Great Company!!
Business analyst, Performance Management Office (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Structure
The company is awesome with great benefits. Management stracture depends on which account you end up on. Be prepared to work your butt off!
Headquarters