CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

Fun enjoyable place to work with a good work life balance
Valuations Surveyor (Former Employee), Dublin, CADecember 13, 2013
Enjoyable place to work with a good atmosphere. People were very friendly and good fun to be around while still being very productive.

Management were also very approachable. Career progression would have been difficult however as the company was only offering rolling contracts at the time when there.
Absolutely no training
Assistant Commercial Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), UnknownDecember 12, 2013
There was 0 training provided and no one likes to answer any questions that you may have pertaining to the job.
Great co-workers, payroll was consistent
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: paid parking
Cons: certain oriented groups given preferred treatment over others
Very busy environment, typically more work to do than days in a week. Challenging assignments.
A day in the life of a Research Analyst at CBRE
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 8, 2013
825 am
-Arrive
-Get a cup of coffee from the breakroom
830 am
835 am
- Enter confidential files into a database
1100 am
-Research properties for sale in ABQ area & enter into a database
-Lunch: 1 Hour
130 pm
- Gather data for a request made by a broker
-research
-gather
-organize and prepare data in Excel
-present to Broker
330 – more... pm
- Work on a large scale computer software project gathering tenant data on all the major buildings in designated areas.
530 pm
- Go home for the night – less
Decent place to work
Engineering Dispatcher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: manager micromanaged excessively
Manager micromanaged the team excessively The work was easy and A lot of downtime
Very fast paced environment
Global IT Service Desk - SIT Desk - Sr Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2013
Pros: provided tools to complete the job
Cons: had to wait forever to get your credentials. poor management of service desk.
A typical night on the "Global" desk was very fast paced and had a wide variety of issues nightly. Handled all issues from the entire globe for CBRE and built rapport with numerous executives across the world.
Collaboration and Innovation
Operations and Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Redmond, WANovember 22, 2013
Pros: mentorship programs
Cons: benefits
CBRE is very big in continual innovation, which is something I really enjoyed. They provide resources necessary within capacity to keep themselves as leader in their industry.
Excellent Work Environment
Contract Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2013
Great place to work if you're a self starter. Great benefits and great company.
New Management is Not Military (National Guard) Friendly
Take over as Lead on shift, then Maintenance Chief (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 19, 2013
Pros: i got recognized on veteran's day
Cons: no make time for military duty if i have less than forty
My old manager was Army Reservists and understood the duty of an active military veteran.
strong organization but client drives decisions
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2013
Cons: salaries mediocre to low
Poor on boarding training. Considerable reporting to document success and value to client. Client scope drives activities which can conflict or miss activities that should be managed. Contract drives focus.
cbre
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNNovember 12, 2013
fun place to work. Being my first job out of college I am learning and the management work very well with your schedule
Large organization focused on growth and fostering professional development.
Senior Facility Manager (Former Employee), National position based in the Chicago Area.November 7, 2013
Collegial environment providing the opportunity to interact with professional staff and clients.
Life in Atlanta is a bust!
Engineer (Current Employee), AtlantaOctober 31, 2013
Pros: benefits, pay
A typical day is filled with stress, understaffed and under appreciated. Our property was taken over by CBRE 7 months ago. They have used our engineers as a whipping post and do everything to bring in their own management team of women to straighten us out.

Regardless of your knowledge or tender, if your a male, inherited by CBRE you best be looking. – more... They have a plan and it is brutal to experience. You and the men around you are turned from productive, happy, easy going to beaten down and abused. You can't cover all the territory they assign you and do a good job.

While they operate within the limits of the law, it should not be legal as to what they do to beat people down. You may have walked in a man, but you are leaving with little pride and no self-esteem.

Hardest part of the job is knowing so many people with knowledge of the industry will lose hope and give up. It's a mental game to break you. It's not about the tenants, the owners, the employees. It all about CBRE and their elite group of woman who manage and want more control. It's TOP down managed that way. Sell the owners on what they can do. When they can't perform, fire the people who came with the property. Press them, Squeeze them, and you get sour grapes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the elevator ride down 20 stories to the parking lot at 5:00 while I pray for those like me who loved a job for years and now hate what they
have become.

It's not about women, its CBRE culture and lack of values that bothers me most.

God help those who are suffering. – less
repaired hvac/r
Sr. HVAC Mobile Engineer (Former Employee), arlington neOctober 17, 2013
Pros: customer service
enjoyed taking care of customer issues customer service ,support repair replace
Employees were treated as a number not as family
Client Accounting Services Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2013
Sometimes worked overtime and was not paid for it
I liked co-workers on my team
Co-workers celebrating birthdays for each other
Very Busy
Property Administrator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: tenant interaction
Cons: pay
I liked working for CBRE it was great to interact with tenants
Always Room to Grow
Real Estate Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2013
I started with CBRE as an Office Assistant for 2 managers that overseen 5 commercial properties. Then I took a position as the Facility Coordinator on a national client account. Approaching my 1 year as Facility Coordinator the Houston Manager of CBRE requested I be transferred back to Building Operations as Real Estate Coordinator to assist with 2 – more... properties because the Property Manager and Building Engineer were new to the company and they needed someone strong to guide the management team. I left CBRE after 5 years when the 2 buildings sold and the new owner (The Khoshbin Company) gave me an opportunity to become Assistant Property Manager with a large salary increase. – less
Professional Corporate atmosphere
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 16, 2013
Learned many technical skills that were transferable into any job going forward.
Solid Pay - Rocky Management
Portfolio Services (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2013
Pros: work life balance and compensation
Cons: management approach, department morale, leadership
CBRE Portfolio Services is a poorly ran department within a properly ran company. The lack of communication is evident from the top, with the Director of Operations, and trickles down through every facet of leadership. Changes in procedures are communicated poorly and staff is usually in the dark on what exactly should be happening. Office morale is – more... at an all time low and turnover is at an all time high. – less
CBRE IS A GLOBAL FORTUNE 500 COMPANY
General Clerk (Former Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: hardest part was saying goodbye.
Cons: easiest part was saying hello.
I KNEW TOO MUCH AND FELT THAT THE ESTABLISHMENT FOR CONFORMING THE LABORERS TO A STRICT "CENSORSHIP" WAY OF LIFE.

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicaciĆ³n, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more