CBRE Employer Reviews

Business Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: no legal department in massachusetts
CBRE is a great company to work for. The position I hold has little to do with my legal education.Currently I am managing the event space for Microsoft. Over the years, I have helped Microsoft and CBRE combine the event management position and successfully managed close to a 1000 events last year, ranging from 10 people to a 1000 people. While I do like what I do, I'm hoping to find something that will put my Legal Education into practice.
a distant place to work
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: lack of local management
a typical day at work started with the thought " I wonder if we'll hear from CBRE today". Being as we we're on client account we rarely heard from our CBRE manager it was like we were dropped in a distant land and told make something grow. I never felt I was a part of the company more that I was apart from. the hardest part of the job for me was seeing all the training opourtunities offered to those individuals in the real estate side of the company as opposed to those individuals in technical services side.
Productive and competetive place to work
Peoplesoft HCM Functional Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Extremely diverse and wide spread.Hands on experience on almost all core modules of HCM - exposure to global (APAC,EMEA and NA) functionalities and process
This job is not what I expected
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
This is a very boring job, I basically Babysit a building. Every so often there are rounds to make. I'm looking for a job that I can use my talents on.
Great place to work and learn
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2015
great co-workers, lots of people to learn from, good work/life balance
Facility and Datacenter Management
Sr. Chief Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Largest Facility and Property Management company in the world. Competitive compensation and lots of opportunities.
Exciting and engaging workplace
Facilities Coordinator - Yammer/Microsoft account (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoy coming to work everyday. Everyday is unique and presents different hurdles to watch out for. I get to work onsite at a client site in a young and dynamic startup environment.
N/A
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Westerville, OHJanuary 17, 2015
Operation of computerized BAS to control: HVAC systems, chillers, boiler plant, pumps, and generators
• Responsible for inspection and adjustment of HVAC components
• Maintain backup power system using uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
fun place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: temp assignment
Resolving customer issues, and bringing closure to cases in a timely manner
Very encouraging,productive and fun place to work.
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), MinnesotaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: there is always tranning to help you motivated and lot of opportunity to grow
in the morning i will pull out the banking activity form each bank lockbox and post all the deposits to the respective tenant account.
I receive daily request from the Associate accountant to post Invoices and bill the tenant .
I will enter a new lease when there is a new tenant entering to the building.
if there is any change on the tenant account i will modify based on the clients need.

i am well organized with my work and try to finish all the task on time
i am very friendly with my coworkers. and i also give training to new employees as needed.

i enjoyed my job so much , I have the best team and and well educated managers and supervisors..
Mercenaries wanted
Manager (Former Employee), NY, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: alliance director could be a great team builder, complimentary, and care about long term success
Cons: alliance director could be selfish, abusive, and uncaring
Many CBRE accounts have great Alliance Directors, and many have uncaring single agenda ADs (keeping their own job). I had the chance to be on both. It takes an AD who really values people and wants to do things the right way to make this a great place to work. On my first account, Peter was fantastic and managed the needs of the client with finesse - he had great relationships with the Client because he cared and viewed the relationship as two way. He also worked very hard each day to grow those relationships. He would say no when appropriate. My last AD, Steve, could care less about people (others had formal complaints against him) and was a 'yes' - never really caring about his own people or the client. The relationship was entirely one way, whatever the Client said he agreed with, regardless of the short term or long term implications. It continues to be a disaster. No one cares about each other. Just earning a paycheck, hence the title of this review. I hate mercenary environments. Everyone doing their own thing, just satisfying a checkmark box. A great deal of email managers. If you are considering CBRE, ask a lot of questions about how problems are handled with the Client, ask for examples of CBRE saying no, responses to maintaining and growing relationships, the quality of those relationships, and how often team members meet outside of normal office hours.
Management style: In, up and out.
Real Estate Services Administrator (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to grow with the company.
CBRE, Inc. likes to promote from within. They give you the tools to use to exceed. Their work standards and procedures are fantastic, one central place to learn it all. Using their online tools through, The Navigator, you can look up every aspect of what is expected from your position, find documentation that accompany your tasks along with written, and often, video instructions. This company is highly organized.
Most enjoyable part of job was co-workers
Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2014
Worked with a dedicated team of recruiters willing to put in tireless hours under very stressful circumstances
CBRE
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco CADecember 4, 2014
CBRE has a great training program for the FM team. The company is committed to train their employees on the latest and greatest software and hardware.
nice place to work
Commercial maintenance mobile tech (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice uniforms, good benefits and nice van to drive
Cons: about the only thing negative is the account im on
This is my second tour with cbre. I was very happy on the banking account but then got laid off due to fanny may . Now i am back with them, but i dont like this account im on an looking forward to a different account..We are currently going thru trying tasks with quick time limits for this account.
I considered CBRE to be the premiere property management company
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: too many policies
CBRE was excellect in every regard from the management to the training programs.
Helping customers with their technical issues was always a blessing that added so much to my knowledge and experience.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Georgia and South CarolinaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: all aspects of project management
Cons: project management is not an easy profession, but, truly fulfilling and compelling in concern with helping people overcome their issues.
There was no typical day at work. Phone rings and you're hearing issues at various sites. As Project Manager, I never knew what to expect at any time. I like the continuing technical training programs, kept me active in technologies. I liked the wide range of systems I supervised-fire, security, diesel, pumps, valves, HVAC, electrical power, data center systems, control systems, building control systems, etc. The ability to learn about issues at origination, plan projects overall, and coordinate with executive staff at sites as well as track contractors and vendors is a wonderful learning experience each day that taught me so much and blessed my life with each experience.
Great fast-paced environment.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee, hot chocolate, tea; starbucks & keurig
Cons: not many chances for contractors to advance
CBRE was a great place to work. There were many things done to keep employees excited to come to work. this is one of the few jobs I've had where I loved coming to work everyday. My immediate supervisor encouraged me to learn more, when she realized I did.
Excellent learning position
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond VANovember 18, 2014
Processed vendor contracts
Great Team
Management very understanding
Very political and condescending place to work
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Americas (Current Employee), Redmond, WANovember 13, 2014
Pros: conmpensation
Cons: management style and inconsistent application of rise values
Very difficult place to work with "PC" police and biased mindsets towards older people.

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicación, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more

CBRE Salaries