CBRE Employee Reviews

Found 1,019 reviews matching the search
Poor Management
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2017
Great company to work for. New FM has complicated things on the account that I am on. If a good offer comes along I will probably take it. If the FM leaves the account I will stay.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Poor Management
This is the headline for the review, it keeps saying it's too short, so maybe this will work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 28, 2017
CBRE is a great place to work. Advancement is hard and the pay is below the market. They'll keep piling onto your workload, but won't add anything to your pay...we call it "the CBRE way!" I'm sure that's with every company, but seems more so with this one.
Uncaring Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
I learned that CBRE does not care about you. No matter how much effort, time, and energy you put into your job, they do not care. You are just another number.
Pros
Cons
Give 150% and still get nothing.
good company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
good company..some very nice people to work with..some not..But you get that in any company you work for..Large company to work for...I really can't say to much about this company..so I'll keep the rest to myself..
Pros
good company
Cons
many employee's, large company
A company who really believes in "World Class Customer Service"
Field Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
Most amazing set of properties and clients I have ever worked with. My position specifically created for this global investor. Not only was it a privilege to work with them but also two of the most amazing management companies, who was in the middle of a merge when I was hired on.

Their value and extensive training to stand behind their values are what I expect the most. I was very fortunate to work with them as the client, the clients branding team, the management teams and the teams on site. I played many roles on many levels and was really able to value the experience in creating homes for future residence. The largest part of my role involved networking with larger corporations and providing the information about my communities for their own clients as well. Creating special promotions and events that allowed my communities stand out from others, was the best part of my position. Following the value and the world class customer service the client stood behind , and lived up to was another. Training my teams after going through extensive training they provide was another plus.
Pros
Very Pro-Active Clients
Cons
Possibilities of selling properties in portfolio
Great place to work, the company takes care of ther employees
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 22, 2017
Fun challenging great co-works, willing to provide paid training. Over all great place to work. Start day at 07:30 and work until 4:30, on call from time to time. Supervisor is great so is Lead Tech to work for. Work culture is great, hardest part of job is elements.Most enjoyable part of ob is you are in charge of you performance and to get job done.
Pros
Flexable work schdule
Cons
Work can be hard from time to time and elements.
I did a good job but no one knew.
Building Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJune 21, 2017
The place i worked CBRE let me do my job, but never really seen management there too much. Only time CBRE came to my work was when owners would come to town.
Pros
On my own island and got work done
Cons
missing management
Fast paced place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. Competitive, fast paced environment, good culture. Growing company with lots of business in leasing, land sales, etc.
Pros
Fast paced, energetic environment
Cons
competitive, stressful at times but not out of the ordinary for this industry
CBRE was a great company to work for , very professional at all times .
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2017
Great opportunity to learn and advance up to make more money . Lots of training involved with alot of safety class s which was a monthly demand . I had 26 regions banks that i was in total control of overseeing for onsite repairs by me or a vendor of my choosing. Great camaraderie by all technicians and facility managers , also traveled once a year out of state for training and learning work shops.
Pros
own company van, tools, phone, lap top .
Cons
no cons great opportunity, was laid off though
One man plant no support
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92127June 17, 2017
The actual position I fill is GREAT however I am the only building engineer on this account on the west coast. I have no support, no HR, no supervision. I am required to act on behalf of the company in all aspects of the daily operation. Recently I want to take some time off and there was no facility available to cover my shift.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
No support
Lacking work/life balance
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2017
Advice to management is invest in your employees. Felt over worked at times. The manager was very brutal with her demands regarding datelines. They give you more properties and expect you to meet every dateline no exception.
Lie lie lie
Data Center Critical Sites Technician (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 14, 2017
Told me what I wanted to hear then I moved 2300 miles to take the job. They sold the position as a data center technician but I soon found out I have absolutely nothing to do with the critical infrastructure. Worst decision I could possibly make for my career.
Mass exodus in 2015
Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2017
There was never a typical day at work. Management was only concerned with the bottom line. It was a culture of vultures. For many years this office had a delightful Operations Manager who was sadly never allowed to do her job properly.
a typical day at work
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2017
very easy to work for. schedule your day according to your work priorities. no office to report to and no one looking over your shoulder to micro manage your day
Unfair, lack of communication,
Financial Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 13, 2017
I would never recommend CBRE as an employer. There is no communication between management staff, unclear direction, lack of pay, poor benefits. There is no training to staff and clear direction is not given to staff of objectives or work load.
Summary as written
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 10, 2017
A typical day at work at CBRE is to address the work orders submitted and respond within 24 hours completion or explanation as to what is needed if a vendor would be necessary to resolve the work/issue. Response to the client is very important in keeping the communication ongoing until request has resolved. Communication if very important. Great workplace culture as everyone is part of the team. The most challenging for the position is when a project is delayed as result of management approval or lack of all information being updated in a timely manner from all departments/management. The most enjoyable is the opportunity to learn the different positions of the departments that are involved in completing a project and the support of people met during the process. The team effort displayed during the process. A wonderful learning experience.
Pros
Placement at client building an advantage for the perks
Cons
Did not see
Exceptional Work Place
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 8, 2017
Well Managed company. Treat employees fairly and respectfully.The atmosphere is just right for someone who is trying to get into the field and learn the basics.
Pros
Support
Cons
Transferring is virtually impossible
In over there heads
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2017
It was eh . a company that came in removed all the knowledgeable people in the building and replaced them with new management that has no clue and is in way over they're heads with the new policies. but thats jus my experience
Pros
Cons
No o.t what so ever
Good company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
The hardest and the most satisfying is working with clients. Clients can be wonderful and difficult at times. The hardest part is management, they do not give credit for your experience and long hours.
Great Workplace
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure every customer is satisfied and that their needs have been met. I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.