CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

WARNING!! DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Lease Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2014
Pros: cigna healthcare and 401k
Cons: micromanagement, favoritism, no training, no advancement, no future
Anyone applying for a Lease Analyst position, beware! The job descriptions are old and misleading - a fact they are aware of but have purposefully not updated them.

You will actually be segregated into 1 of 4 teams:
1) call center where your hands are tied and you can do nothing to solve the client's problems and must make up excuses and lie to the – more... client as to why their information is incorrect;

2) finance where you process invoices and rent;

3) workflow where you push documents through the system and deal with the people in India who are making the client's information incorrect; or

4) reports where you run reports out of the database.

If hell is full of micromanagers, then you have arrived.

If you are looking for a place where you do the same monotonous tasks every day, then look no further. A 40 hour work week is unheard of. Be prepared to work between 50-60+ hours per week.

NO TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED. If you are unable to "figure it out" on your own, you will be treated like trash and placed on a performance plan so they can push you out the door. All the while, you will be blamed for not knowing instinctively what to do.

After work however, you and your family will enjoy weeks of tear-filled evenings while you ask yourself 'Why did I not believe that review I read online?'. I'm making light of it, but it's really no laughing matter.

Turnover is high and it takes months before any action is taken to replace those who have left. Not to mention, even before that person left, the team was already short-handed. Remember those 50-60+ hours/week I warned you of? Well, now make it 70.

There are no HR representatives to monitor behaviours, so managers are allowed to run amuck while the director is either too blind or just doesn't give a darn and lets this fiasco continue.

Since no HR personnel are available to you here - you'll have to call up someone in Minnesota who will then promptly alert the director and management that you have "tattled". Good luck getting on their good side then.

Words and phrases to describe the managers: trashy, insulting, unethical, disrespectful, lacking integrity, hostile, unknowledgeable or flat out stupid in some cases, bullies, slanderous, malicious, deceitful....I'm hoping you get the hint by now.

Promotions are not based on skills, knowledge, or hard work. Favoritism and kissing but are the only ways you will gain advancement. Even if you do accomplish this, the opportunities for advancement are extremely rare.

Pay is minimal. Raises? Bonuses? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....oh, honey, no. Your manager will get a nice hefty bonus based on your hard work. Good luck getting her to split it with you.

I will say that alot of the people I worked with are good people and I made alot of friends. I do feel sorry for some of the managers who are nice, but unfortunately the actions of the bad ones and the inaction of senior management to reprimand and remove those bad ones from the company, overshadows the good of the others.

Good luck on your job search, but please do yourself a favor and pass this one by. – less
USAF
Mobile Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), USAMarch 7, 2014
Able to serve for our country
Great great experience learned a lot about myself and met a bunch of great people
No room for Advancement if your in a call center.
Vendor Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: works around your school schedule
Cons: its hard to advance in this company.
The company in a whole has done very well for themselves. But its the small split off sections like the facilties departments that get left in the wind. Most customer service reps are stuck with that title and cannot get a fair chance to move up. The managment staff doesnt want you excel past where they are. So they continue to stand in your way from – more... moving up. The co-workers are friendly and they band together when faces with challenges. I have learned a great deal from this company some good some bad. A lot of the managment staff has no formal training in there positions. Its not what you know here its who you know that determines if you move up or not. If your looking for a job just to get by while your in school I recommend CBRE but if your looking for a career I would say keep moving. – less
One of the better types of security jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: mostly work indoors, easy
Cons: long shifts.
This is a very nice security position. Pays decent. Good for anyone needing a job and needs a secure job.
provides an environment of good work experiance
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2014
everyday something new is happening. you are always challenged to think quickly and and independently.
Building Engineer (Current Employee), AtlantaFebruary 15, 2014
I great place to work, a little to much micro managing, but a great place to work.
Fast paced and productive job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: short breaks, short lunches
As part of the asset management team, we are responsible for managing high call and email volume simultaneously.

We are responsible for answering calls requesting service, creating work order and dispatching to CBRE approved technicians and vendors throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.

We were also responsible for managing email queues, as – more... well as rerouting service tickets.

The hardest part of the job is having a high paced working environment with little, to no intra-personal rewards. – less
Great Place to Work
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2014
CBRE has taught me so much about self management, executive level support and multi-tasking.
Productive workplace
Administive Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Fast pace work environment
Great collegues
Productive workplace
Quality ,caring company to work for
Critical Facility Engineer at One Bryant Park (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: quality health benefits, clean enviroment and good training for all aspects of work
My work day usually starts with a shift hand off meeting with the leaving shift. During which all changes to the Critical Systems being gone over. From there I could be the watch engineer or the building rounds person. Every month I am responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment, which could be pumps,fans,Crac units, cooling towers etc. I – more... have been certified in OSHA 10 hour course, I posses a Universal Refrigerant card from the EPA. The most enjoyable part i find at this position is the fact that the environment is a 24x7x365 no down time facility making it critical to the client. – less
Good company to work for.
BUILDING ENGINEER (Former Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: allowed to work at your own pace within time guidelines.
Cons: i was traveling out of my work area for too long.
This company gives you the ability to work without close supervision; you must be a self starter. All of my co-workers were excellent knowledgeable people who did not hesitate to assist when needed.
Work orders were received electronically via a tablet.
Recently Acquired
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Company is large. Very specialized in many departments.

My day is spend managing broker expectations conducting financial analysis, market research and one-off projects.

Information does not move freely within the organization.

Very horizontal leadership.
CBRE is a great company.
Building Engineer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 24, 2014
Cons: i was way from my family.
A typical day at CBRE was going to visit every bank that I was in charged to see if everything was working Properly. I would Perform Preventative maintenance on heating & cooling units.
good work place
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJanuary 20, 2014
managed daily office responsibilities. The office was small and intimate, which made getting work done, fast and efficient.
Very good company
Technical Operations Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 30, 2013
Great employer . CBRE is the leader in the Facilities management industry
Good company to learn and grow
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GADecember 22, 2013
Great company to grow professionally with. The company is willing to invest in your career.
CBRE
Technician (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: too many layers
I enjoy my job at CBRE since it allows me to do many different things so each day is different. I enjoy the people that I work with and the location of my office. I have learned that management in a large corporation is very different that a smaller company. I always thought that I was a team player but working for CBRE, I have found out that one is – more... a part of multiple small teams which make up a large team and your leaders may change at anytime. – less
Fun enjoyable place to work with a good work life balance
Valuations Surveyor (Former Employee), Dublin, CADecember 13, 2013
Enjoyable place to work with a good atmosphere. People were very friendly and good fun to be around while still being very productive.

Management were also very approachable. Career progression would have been difficult however as the company was only offering rolling contracts at the time when there.
Absolutely no training
Assistant Commercial Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), UnknownDecember 12, 2013
There was 0 training provided and no one likes to answer any questions that you may have pertaining to the job.
Great co-workers, payroll was consistent
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: paid parking
Cons: certain oriented groups given preferred treatment over others
Very busy environment, typically more work to do than days in a week. Challenging assignments.

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicaciĆ³n, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more