CBRE Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Lead Mobile Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2016
CBRE is one of the best companies that I have worked for throughout my career. The company has a very diverse culture base at its core that allows anyone who is willing to advance to the highest levels.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement
Cons
No longer any employee stock options
Decent
Lead Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 18, 2016
Good people, pay was low for work required. Tried to build good relationships with customers. Overall good management teams.
pruductive work place
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2016
this company allowed me to be myself and provided me with the space I needed to grow and progress within the company, I was honored to be apart of this organization.
Former JCI employee acquired by CBRE
Sr. Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2016
Work onsite a pharma company. CBRE acquired a portion on JCI that I worked for. They are a real estate company and don't seem well suited to understand and support bio science workers who aren't supporting a building. Changing hands of company has been rough. Benefits are OK; JCI was better. Pay is good, lower managent good but upper management is out of the loop and clueless at times.
Very professional and diverse workplace
Assistant Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
I was given every opportunity to grow and succeed in a fast paced work enviornment. Over the last 8 years I found myself under extraordinary leadership. I was entrusted with respect and confidence to perform my duties.
Pros
Largest Real Estate Firm in the world.
Cons
N/A
Easy to wake up in the mornings with a great attitude to go to work
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 9, 2016
Great company to work for. Managers are more than willing to help with any problem that may come up on a daily basis. CBRE gives you every opportunity to learn through computer classes online.
cool
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
stress free company but a few stressful clients
especially att
they made it stressful but cbre ... I love them
wish I can go back to them
Strong company to work for.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2016
The company is an umbrella for real estate groups. It is the groups that decide who gets hired and who doesn't. The teams are designed to be mentors to most. They take pride in their jobs and their success.
Great!
Associate RE Accountant (Current Employee) –  MNApril 6, 2016
CBRE is a great place to work. Flexible scheduling and remote days available. Many opportunities for advancement and training are available.
Great company, fast paced and lots of opportunities!
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAApril 5, 2016
Fast paced, good training, lots of excellent co workers! Specializes in Real Estate services for clients as CBRE is the global leader in performing outsource for RE needs, its their core business
Pros
Sound fortune 500 corp
Cons
Very fast paced, no room to catch your breath during an implementation
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2016
Reporting for work and doing your job,You do the same job the same every day.No cross training I've been ther for several years and have done several jobs but not for this company.I like the people that I work with.To me there is nothing hard about my job.The reason Ibeen there this long is because I like doing what I do.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
pay not very good as for as raise yearly
Great Company/Ok Compensation
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
CBRE is a wonderful company to work for; they will provide a lot of training in Real Estate; however the pay is subpar compared to other Real Estate Companies.
Pros
Great Morale, Awesome Management, Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Fun place to work
Real Estate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 28, 2016
Handled questions from tenants and property management. Update tenant information in the system. Review rent ups for accuracy. Process straight-line rents for the month, and book JE. Post accruals and depreciation JEs. Review CIP accounts for accuracy. Review B/S accounts for accuracy. Confirm that financial statements are compliant with company policy, GAAP, and SEC.

Management could have done a better job in training people. Doing these daily activities is a huge learning curve for anyone starting out in this company. However, once you have learned the detailed processes involved in producing accurate financial statements, you will have gained great experiences.

Co-workers are all very nice and happy to help you.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2016
Awesome place to work, but takes forever for you be hired or promoted or to move up permanently. Some people are still working through temp service and it has been over 2 years and has not been hired. Want a permanent career. Not a temp job.
Pros
Nice place to work.
Cons
Takes forever for you to get hired on perm.
Comprehensive Provider of Real Estate and Facilities Management Solutions
O&M Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 23, 2016
CBRE is a well known, global company, that specializes in Real Estate and Facilities Management. With the recent acquisition of Global Workplace Solutions, a former division of Johnson Controls, CBRE has become a world leader in Real Estate and Facilities Management. Its client list include not only Commercial but Industrial facilities such as Pharmaceuticals.
non-productive workplace
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 22, 2016
hired for my hvac/r experience, yet most duties were at the handyman level. most hvac/r units were contracted out to national contractors for savings....didn't make sense.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
did not utilize my training in this job about 85% of the time
Great place to work if your're a broker
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2016
It's great to work for number #1 in commercial real estate. Compensation and benefits are set up for brokers. Your view of the company really depends on what department you work in. There is only job growth if you really fight for it (and know the right people).
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
Great company with a lot of room for growth in the future. Relaxing environment.Leraned a lot and still learning. very good place to grow.
Workday
HR Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2016
Go in, get your work done, leave. No excitement what so ever. Advancement in the company might take a while. Having a good Corporate culture doesn't seem so important here.
Good Company
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 7, 2016
Treats their employees well and provides good benefits. A well organized company with room for advancement and an incentive to work hard and stay with the company.