CBRE United States Employee Reviews

Management style: In, up and out.
Real Estate Services Administrator (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great opportunity to grow with the company.
CBRE, Inc. likes to promote from within. They give you the tools to use to exceed. Their work standards and procedures are fantastic, one central place to learn it all. Using their online tools through, The Navigator, you can look up every aspect of what is expected from your position, find documentation that accompany your tasks along with written, and often, video instructions. This company is highly organized.
Most enjoyable part of job was co-workers
Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2014
Worked with a dedicated team of recruiters willing to put in tireless hours under very stressful circumstances
CBRE
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco CADecember 4, 2014
CBRE has a great training program for the FM team. The company is committed to train their employees on the latest and greatest software and hardware.
nice place to work
Commercial maintenance mobile tech (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice uniforms, good benefits and nice van to drive
Cons: about the only thing negative is the account im on
This is my second tour with cbre. I was very happy on the banking account but then got laid off due to fanny may . Now i am back with them, but i dont like this account im on an looking forward to a different account..We are currently going thru trying tasks with quick time limits for this account.
I considered CBRE to be the premiere property management company
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: too many policies
CBRE was excellect in every regard from the management to the training programs.
Helping customers with their technical issues was always a blessing that added so much to my knowledge and experience.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Georgia and South CarolinaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: all aspects of project management
Cons: project management is not an easy profession, but, truly fulfilling and compelling in concern with helping people overcome their issues.
There was no typical day at work. Phone rings and you're hearing issues at various sites. As Project Manager, I never knew what to expect at any time. I like the continuing technical training programs, kept me active in technologies. I liked the wide range of systems I supervised-fire, security, diesel, pumps, valves, HVAC, electrical power, data center systems, control systems, building control systems, etc. The ability to learn about issues at origination, plan projects overall, and coordinate with executive staff at sites as well as track contractors and vendors is a wonderful learning experience each day that taught me so much and blessed my life with each experience.
Great fast-paced environment.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee, hot chocolate, tea; starbucks & keurig
Cons: not many chances for contractors to advance
CBRE was a great place to work. There were many things done to keep employees excited to come to work. this is one of the few jobs I've had where I loved coming to work everyday. My immediate supervisor encouraged me to learn more, when she realized I did.
Excellent learning position
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond VANovember 18, 2014
Processed vendor contracts
Great Team
Management very understanding
Very political and condescending place to work
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Americas (Current Employee), Redmond, WANovember 13, 2014
Pros: conmpensation
Cons: management style and inconsistent application of rise values
Very difficult place to work with "PC" police and biased mindsets towards older people.
very professional real estate company
RealEstate Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: above a certin rate in pay, youget unlimited time off
Cons: pprovals for projects take longer to approve
CBRE is probably the best company that I worked for to date. it is a very professional company with a solid work environment.
CBRE
Facilities Planning Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco CANovember 7, 2014
CBRE is too middle managment heavy and too worker bee light. My direct manager is great to work for and she provides excellent communication.
this is a good job
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: alot of emails
alot of weekend work and overtime. there are alot of pms per month that have to be completed
Great Company
Corporate HSE - Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: great company
Great company to work for and has a good work life balance. Have a great boss and work with great people within the HSE group.
Busy
Listing Coordinator and Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2014
I have been with CBRE a little over two years, within the two years, it has been busy with constant changes. I review all new listing and review all address match APN, verify the listing agreements and amendments cover Arizona Department Real Estate Law. I then establish a Marketing budget based on the price per square footage, and commission. I have learned to adapt constant new changes, and work very independtly without a direct supervisor for over a year, and review and make desicions based on the property, listing agreement and the current situation, which has also made it the most difficult part of my job, the postive side, it has made me learn and grown in my position.
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2014
Great company. Largest real estate company in the world and a joy to work for.
Great place to use my skills in audio
AV Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2014
Pros: worked with major label artists and producers
Cons: only worked as an intern
Worked with audio engineers to assist with setup and tear downs for major-label clients. Prepared patch bay layouts and personal monitoring devices to clients needs. Helped with other duties including managing events and working private engagements at owners request.
N/A
Lease Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2014
Great place to work with great benefits, two weeks vaction and 401K beneftis matched.
RUN! PASS THIS COMPANY BY!
Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2014
Cons: favoritism, micromanagement, bad managers, office politics, bullying, ineffective hr, no good qualities
I could've written the review WARNING!! DO NOT WORK HERE!! because it sounds exactly like my experiences with this company.

I would only add that you will succeed at this company if you're dirty and know how to work kick backs effectively. You wont succeed by doing your job. The favoritism at this company is unbelievable. Every brother-in-law, son, neighbor, church member or nephew does work for them.

The benefits were ok, but theyre whittled down to the point it doesn't matter, and they don't make up for the disrespect, coersion and bullying that goes on.

Middle management is awful and very unknowledgeable. I don't know how they got their jobs or how they keep them. Micromanagement is ridiculous.

To sum it up-if you take a job here, don't stop looking for another because you won't stay long. Almost everyone I was hired with are long gone.
Great employee morale
Cash Management Specialist (Current Employee), Edina, MNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: quarterly employee morale events
Cons: compensation, health care
This company care about its employees job satisfaction and has a collaborative environment. They are constantly open to improving processes and procedures. I have learned a lot about process improvement, treasury management, finance and client satisfaction. My coworkers are great and are more than willing to help. The hardest part of the job is the workload can be a bit much for the compensation and the type of sensitive information we are handling.
good job
Building Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2014
Good hours, learned alout about hvac, soom good management, great co-workers, on call,

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicación, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more

CBRE Salaries