CBRE Employee Reviews

first class company
Property Maintenance (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 14, 2015
I truly learned about real estate during my employment here. I especially enjoyed the online training hat was offered to employees. My supervisor was great, she was there for me 24/7 with any problems .,
Fast Paced Environment
Engineer/Command Center Specialist (Current Employee), 11 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10010April 12, 2015
Typical day at work is busy. Co-workers provide a good support system during transitional period at the location/account.
Great firm and great people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, salary
Cons: can be high pressure
CBRE is a great firm with great people. Conservative environment. Management is fair. Can be high pressure and long hours, but employees are compensated for their efforts.
Free gas
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee), Dale City, VAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Free Gas
Cons: short breaks
Good company, however very demanding and management does not understand. I managed to stay strong by not thinking of it because everything else is good.
Very good Company to work for tons of movment
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), boston maMarch 20, 2015
This company is great to work for! Very easy and smooth going. very well laid out and your objective is always very clear.
CBRE is a great company.
Facility Manager (Current Employee), MemphisMarch 19, 2015
I can honestly say i have enjoyed my time at CBRE and the co-workers have become family. I get to work from home and travel.
Not good
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), North Austin TxMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Ok pay when you get paid for your time
Cons: no leadership they make up rules as they go along
Over worked and under staffed
Poor management no leadership at all
Engineers are scapegoats for bad property managers
By far the most enjoyable employer I have ever worked for.
Facility Services Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Best benefits in any industry
Cons: none
The environment at CBRE is completely tuned to the success of the employee and the client.
The company's R.I.S.E. values support the best the industry has to offer. Ethical behavior is rewarded.
Education is also key with CBRE, they constantly push for employees to complete needed training and certifications.
Management provides support beyond any experiences I have had in the past. They provide honest and productive input and stand by you when you need them to.
CBRE would rather keep good employees than lose them and thus they constantly push for filling positions from within when ever – more... possible.
My co-workers are all equally matched to me and my skills. We support each other and there is minimal feelings of competition within the team.
The hardest part of the job is the contracts. If a client is unstable then you can feel as though the contract might go away and fear job loss. The management at CBRE are there to help you through this and even offer help above and beyond in getting you on another team within the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of stability and strength that a company as large and strong as CBRE can provide. I get up and go to work every day with a happy heart. – less
overtime was good
Building Engineer (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: overtime, lunch
Cons: employee moral, pay
learned to use several equipment and learned cenrtral plant operations. became 608 certified, got two other hvac certificates and learned to troubleshoot equipment.
Good company
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Elkridge, MDMarch 13, 2015
This is a very professional company. The atmosphere is comfortable and fair. The team members are nice to work with. Located in an convenient in a business park.
No comment
Department Administrator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: 401k
Not much to say about company or position. Co-workers are generally friendly. Not much to say about company or position. Co-workers are generally friendly. Not much to say about company or position. Co-workers are generally friendly.
Looking forward
Director of Marketing (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2015
Currently, most of CBRE is looking forward. A commercial real estate juggernaut, growth is being fueled by acquisitions, and CBRE is a true global real estate firm.
Stable Job
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 3 days a week, mostly considerate co workers.
Cons: long shifts, little engagement
Benefits are poor. Some co-workers are catty and gossip about others. Most of our programs, such as the work order management system, barely function. You are expected to do nothing during your shift other than watch the monitors. There is very little required work, and more often than not I am staring at the clock for 13 hours. There is nothing mentally engaging, and no additional training offered. My direct supervisor is very nice and easy to talk to. The new project manager that was just hired is very professional and easy to get in touch with. Most of the facility staff are professional and courteous.
Professional atmosphere
BOMA Certified Building Engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMarch 1, 2015
A great company to work for with the R.I.S.E.(respect, integrity,service and excellency) principle that is being utilized.
Fun place to work.
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Glendale CaFebruary 26, 2015
This is a very fun place to work at people are very friendly and get a chance to meet a lot of different people, have a lot of chance to watch the news and sports new broadcast live.
Professional in every aspect
Sr. Project Mgr / Account lead PM services at Aon (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2015
CBRE is a well rounded organization that fully understands the value of integrity, continuing education, cross training and mentorship. It is a premier, world class full service real estate consultancy. Employees are valued.
I was treated very well by CBRE. We were given a Christmas bonus, equal to 2 weeks pay. I was given plenty of training for HVAC.
Building Engineer, Carrier Center Data Center (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: plenty of training, bonuses.
Cons: on call status.
N/A
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), N/AFebruary 19, 2015
Great place to learn about the corporate/business world after college. The people are fun to work with/for and the pay is very competitive.
Ambitious Accounting Department, but lacking full support
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: ability to work from home 1-2 days/week, flexible start/end time
Cons: time tracking, below-market pay (w/avg benefits), aloof upper management
The CBRE real estate accounting department is in a transitional period, attempting to reposition itself within the larger company from a cost source to a profit center. The department initiatives implemented along these lines have created a fair amount of tension amongst the employees, who have not seen compensation rise along with larger workloads and longer hours. The employees are largely congenial and cooperative. Management is struggling, though, to keep new clients satisfied as they try to expand their client base outside of the typical large, institutional investment firms. Turnover is becoming problematic, and may remain so unless management can find resources to incentivize employees to stay.
Enjoyable Work Experience
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Mid -Atlantic Region (Maryland, D.C and Va.)February 16, 2015
Pros: work from home
Home Officed with an assigned Region, strong Team support, site visits required. Hardest part of the job was the Clients changing expectations. Most enjoyable part of the job was completing my project on time and within budget.
Headquarters