CBRE Employee Reviews

Found 1,021 reviews matching the search
Good company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
The hardest and the most satisfying is working with clients. Clients can be wonderful and difficult at times. The hardest part is management, they do not give credit for your experience and long hours.
Great Workplace
Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure every customer is satisfied and that their needs have been met. I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and management team.
Very Corporate
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2017
There was a lot of turnover. Not very loyal to their employees. Other employees were friendly but people typically do not stay there that long. Executives were not that available. Employees are underpaid compared to competitors.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056June 6, 2017
Working for CBRE was a great experience to meet new people from all walks of life, the interact with other law enforcement agencies. The management staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
Vacation time, understanding supervisors
Cons
Not enough hourly pay
Growing company, and well managed
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
Great company to work your way up. Promotes from within. Preaches work life balance but that varies from department to department. Great management structure.
Short time, I enjoyed it.
Project Management (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 5, 2017
I spent a brief time with CBRE a few years back. I enjoyed my time there and would be willing to return if the opportunity presented itself in the future.
great place to work were you can make decisions and grow
Regional Facilities Manager (RFM) (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 5, 2017
The company is built for growth if you are willing to put forth a solid work ethic. THIS is a great place to work!
I have the ability to make decisions and perform as needed to improve my scope of service.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing I can find
I felt like this company killed my soul
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2017
I met some very good friends here but I work for a paycheck and not friends. I feel like this company does not care about any of their employees unless you are upper management or a broker.
Great place to work at, beautiful location, great staff and tenants
Senior Corporate Concierge (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 2, 2017
-Dealing with building management staff and assisting the needs of building tenants.
-I learned a lot about commercial building management, daily operations, marketing and event planning on a larger scale.
-Worked closely with management on most levels
-Very peaceful and professional environment
-I enjoyed working with the management team and assisting the tenants of the building.
-I really enjoyed event planning for all the building events and creating the quarterly newsletters.
-Enjoyed the creative independence of the job.
Pros
professional, creative, good salary
Cons
Not much growth potential in my type of position
Excellent Company
Vice President | Commercial Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2017
CBRE is the top-tier global commercial real estate services company. I can't say enough good things about the culture, the commitment to client service, or the high caliber of work performed.

Want to know more about CBRE?

Ask a question
Good Place to work
Maintenance Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXMay 31, 2017
IT is a pretty decent company to work with. It takes way longer than what promised to really advance in your career with this company. They give you health insurance since day one and also you start accumulating vacation time since day one.
Pros
good company to learn
Cons
not enough opportunities of advancement
Plenty of opportunity
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Because CBRE is world wide there is always opportunities to learn new skills, take on challenging (yet rewarding positions) and have fun while working.
Pros
Benefits were okay - nothing to brag about
Cons
Too many managers for a small department
Quality company
Regional Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2017
CBRE is a quality company with strong ethics. I really enjoy working for CBRE. I have learned a lot about outsourcing. Overall, management is strong. I work at a client site so my interaction with the local office is limited to my availability to visit, but I do try so that I can connect beyond my account. The hardest part is networking if you don't identify a good mentor and make an effort. I enjoy the flexibility of working from home - but this is not typical of all positions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
New opportunities may require relocation
Good job
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2017
They are always in a hurry to sell after building so you're not 100% guaranteed to stay with the company for a long time. Everyone is happy but nobody stays .
Pros
Can be slow pace the time which is good for the heart
Cons
can run you ragged at times when on call
Just another day at the office
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
A Security officer's life is rather boring and droll and we are paid like it to boot. Can't really give any pros or cons simply because it's just a means to an end. Management is nice and things can change at a moment's notice so flexibility is needed. Other than that Overtime is always welcomed since we're always short staffed. And the only way to make any real money is to work overtime because the wage they start you at is pretty lousy. Benefits are nice though.
Pros
Benefits, Health Insurance
Cons
Boring
Great Company
Associate Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2017
I have worked for CBRE for the past 3 years and have been very satisfied. Great company to work for with impressive benefits. Can take a long time to move to the next level depending on your manager.
good job
Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 24, 2017
Bad Management....long hours....have to be a yes man....no real sense of direction from leaders....no help in training to show you the ropes just thrown in the water and hope not to drown!!!
love my place of work
TENANT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2017
We at CBRE believe in a creative and fun work environment and I feel that is exactly what we give to our tenants day in and day out. I love the team I work with and the tenants who occupy the spaces. It is a great sense of community in our buildings.
Very rigid and "old-fashioned" place to work
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
When I first started at CBRE, my manager was well liked and the environment was one in which I could flourish. My manager left to go to a competitor, and there was a massive shift in authority. Managers are constantly trying to out-do each other, and sacrifice the respect of their employees to do so. PTO is accrued (you can accrue up to 15 days per year, but only a bit over 1/2 a day is accrued per paycheck) - essentially it takes 5 months to accrue 5 days off. This includes sick days. Hourly employees cannot work from home regardless of circumstance. The most enjoyable part of the job was support from my colleagues, and the most difficult was the lack of support about complete apathy of management towards employee satisfaction.
Pros
Opportunity for job growth through working overtime.
Cons
Limited/No PTO. No sick days. "Favoritism" not based on merit.
Good learning experience
Accountant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 21, 2017
Good learning experience with good benefits. Good amount of work and resources to help you learn. Learned accounting and management to help day to day objectives
Pros
work from home
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.