CBRE Employee Reviews

Great Teams
Regional Facilities Manager Dow Chemical Account (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 3, 2015
Had the opportunity to lead and work with a great teams. Everyone worked as one to meet company and client goals.

Staff member make necessary sacrifices and are encouraged to challenge concepts and submit new ideas.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long Hours
Close to my home and competitive salary.
Alarm Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 30, 2015
Fast paced during the busy hours, with time to review and train during the slow hours. Supervisors are patient while you are training.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Morale could be better.
Productive, multi-tasking enviroment
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXOctober 27, 2015
Great environment. This branch is made up of a tight-knight group of people ready to provide JCPenney with the most cost efficient and best quality facilities maintenance.
Professional and relaxing work environment.
Field Maintenance Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2015
Great professional workplace with decent management. The job is very political and only few are given the opportunity to move up in the company. The company makes many changes as well. There wasn't enough challenges in my particular position.
Vibrant workplace.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2015
Respected Real Estate firm with Global reach. The sun is always shining on a Corporate office. This is a fully integrated company.
Great Company
Real Estate Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Santa ClaraOctober 13, 2015
I learned all about the business cycle and accounting cycle. Super fast paced and it's great being a 3rd party that interacts and works with ownership and vendors.
Growth and development
Regional Creative Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
CBRE is a dynamic environment that is full of potential because of its current growth in areas like marketing in addition to brokerage and some advisory services.

The management is very supportive of your success and I think its a great place to learn about commercial real estate.
Pros
Fairly stable environment
Cons
Pay is moderate to low compared to other service industries.
Good Company with a great network.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAOctober 5, 2015
Overall good experience. Good pay with good benefits. Experience can vary based on which particular account you are on. Work life Balance could be better as certain clients are very demanding.
Cons
Work Life Balance could be better.
Great co-work excellent Gym
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston TxOctober 2, 2015
I get to work about 5:20 I don't have to be there until 6:00 so I set up me and my co-workers table with radio's paper work then I set my computer up with the I Office, set up my cameras file my paper work fill in PAR which will be our daily report.
Pros
Nice cafateria good food cheap prices
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Productive fun working environment
Receptionist / Floater (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 1, 2015
Very good management system, great company to work for. all around great and easy people to work with. Also in a very innovative building that makes work a fun enviorment.
Great Company for Advancement
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2015
In my own personal experience the company does advance you if you work hard and dedicate yourself, however the internal pay for advancement is lacking compared to other companies with the same title.
Pros
Life work balance
Cons
internal advancement pay is below average
Great company to gain experience but not very good work/life balance
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at CBRE but I had to work a lot hours a week. I hoed to do a lot overtime. I gained a lot of experience in a short period of time. Unfortunately I wasn't able to have much free time with my family and friends because of the work load.
Pros
Great Health and 401K benefits
Cons
Need to improve life/work balance
Awful company to work for.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2015
Before taking the job I was warned by a former mentor that they would "suck the life out of you" since she had worked for them previously.

Dishonest at the higher levels of management. My supervisor directly told me I was too honest and needed to be a bit more deceitful to keep the customer happy. I was written up and during a nationwide conference call with the regional manager sharing his pc screen an email was clearly visible with the title of my write up. Really embarrassing and clearly meant to discredit me with my peers.

Never will work for them again, and will try to dissuade anyone else from the same.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Upper management is dishonest and vindictive.
Professional workplace with great coworkers
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2015
CBRE was the first corporate job I held where even the creatives wore suits to work daily. The dress code like the business was the epitome of corporate work.

The culture was completely different. I have never worked with a more family-friendly, caring group of people. I consistently strived to do my best work for the people that I came to view as more than just coworkers.

The most challenging aspect of working at CBRE is that I needed to be creative in a restrictive corporate brand. It forced me to grow creatively and professionally. I am extremely proud of the work that I did for them.

Overall, I would recommend CBRE as a very good company to work for.
Pros
CBRE had a very nice work/life balance
Cons
The benefits were not the best
great enviroment
CONTROLS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Detroit,miSeptember 20, 2015
great place to work, good bosses. great pay.
bosses allow you to provide input on tasks and often follow the engineers recommendations
Pros
good pay
Cons
n/a
Worst place to work EVER
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PASeptember 20, 2015
, ZERO training. Job scope changed daily. Too much gossiping in the office, too much favoritism. Too many people hired to do nothing while others were expected to do everything without training. Too many bosses. I disliked going to work every single day.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Horrible management, favoritism, lack of training and everything else
Mail/facilities combination job
Sr. Business Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2015
Currently, I work as a contracted business services clerk for a major pharmacies distributor. All shipping and receiving duties is combined with facilities duties.
Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5 PM. My facilities duties includes maintaining copiers and setting up conference room as directed by client. Mail metering, creation of overnight shipment labels and mail distribution round out my mail responsibilities.
Pros
Working in a corporate setting
Cons
Short staff
Fun Place To Work/Great Managers
BSA/App Dev (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 15, 2015
This is a great company to work for and my manager as well as others are excellent. This company is very proactive and keeps us updated on everything that is going on in the company.
*****
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Enjoyed working with a great group of people, every day brought its new challenges and rewards. Co-workers worked as a team and supported each other. Managing my direct reports came easy by their can do attitudes.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
good company no advancement
Project Manager (Construction) (Current Employee) –  St.louis mo.September 7, 2015
good place to work but my expertise is not their core business, so no advancement potential. I have become a much better manager after 15 years at Monsanto.