CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work for, a reputable leader in the industry.
Property Accountant (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 2, 2013
I owe CBRE a lot, as this position enabled me to learn and grow in my career. The company culture was very professional and provided good support for the employees to learn and futher their professional growth.
Very unethical office to work for
Accountant (Former Employee), Memphis TNSeptember 22, 2013
Cons: hostile work enviroment, low pay, unrealistic exspectations
The directors down to the supervisors of the Asset Services department in Memphis are the most racist, unethical, unmoral, evil people I have encountered in my whole entire career. They will slander your name and create a hostile work environment for every person they decide they do not want to promote. They promote only on the basis of favoritism and – more... not according to qualifications. If you are not a but kisser then you are not what they are looking for. The management team in this department consist of unknowledgeable , and unskilled women who gives CBRE a bad reputation as a company. – less
Great job!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2013
Love my job at CBRE. I get to work with lots of interesting people.
Was great place to work
Mobile Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2013
Would still be here if Lincoln Harris would not of got contact for Bank of America. They also bought out my contact and gave me like job with them.
Unfair/ Unethical Controller practices
Manager of Financial Operations (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: unfair/ unethical sr controller practices/ low pay
The controller who oversees the Financial Manager of Operations position in Memphis Tn lacks knowledge of the area and imposes unreleastic expectations for the position. Please keep this is mind when accepting this position. Sr management supports this controller who overseas this position also even though the controller has been instrumental in replacing – more... 5 out of managers who were performing at achieve or exceed levels. Take caution when accepting this position. – less
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2013
Wonderful work environment, great management. I would stay forever if wasn't for our account being cancelled.
Talks the talk does not walk the walk
Project Manager /Facilities Manager (Current Employee), New England RegionAugust 13, 2013
Constantly bombards you with propaganda of how they are doing better, smarter, making money and how employees are so important,
but they will cut your pay and lay you off to save a nickel.
Great benefits, great people!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), El Segundo, California (HQ)August 7, 2013
Pros: worked with an awesome team, great benefits and salary.
Cons: job was moved to other office.
Great place to work!

My boss was awesome and was very generous to her staff. She always showed us her appreciation and remembered our birthdays.

My only challenge was getting her presentations to her because she traveled often and had two offices. She came to HQ twice every week where we would make any changes she needed. That was at the beginning – more... of the Super Information Highway, aka "the internet".

With toady's technology and social media available.....I would still be working there. – less
Professional environment
Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJAugust 5, 2013
At CBRE, They are committed to provide diversity. Provide everyone with the opportunity to succeed, values the differences of each individual, and recognizes their employees.
Pleasant people that I work with. Relatively casual work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 2, 2013
Pros: boss is flexible with letting us go to appointments
Cons: poor pay, incentives
Since I started here, I've gotten much more experience with InDesign and Excel, and with using Web marketing. I enjoy the variety of work that I do with creating proposals, sending e-mail campaigns, designing flyers, creating mailing lists and sending the flyers, etc. On the downside, it's a lot of time consuming work and there are a lot of people who – more... need me to do these things for them, so they often have to wait for the larger projects to get done. But my coworkers are friendly and respectful. And my boss manages with micro-managing. – less
good place to work
CBRE..Merrill Lynch Complex..Operating Engineer (Current Employee), merril lynch complexJuly 27, 2013
enjoyed solving problems and working on hvac..learned to deal with people..create a safe and comfortable enviroment for client
CBRE Inc
Facilities Service (Current Employee), Redmond, WAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: benefits isn't good
Their is Pro and Cons to work for CBRE, but over all it all depend on how the person is looking at
Corporate
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2013
Pros: some stability, good benefits
Cons: corporate, left had never understands what right hand is doing
As a field project manager, there is no set schedule.
I had too many managers with different objectives.
None was willing to stick their neck out to help other departments for the greater good of the company. No empowerment.
They have good benefits.
Enjoyed working with Co-Worker
Real Estate Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches occasionally
Cons: healthcare
AR, AP, Statements, Assist Tenants, Assist with Front Desk
MRI Entry
Loved my Supervisor
Loved my Co-Workers
Having to do 3 different peoples job and just get paid for one
fun place to work
Great Company
Design, development (Current Employee), RaleighJuly 22, 2013
Great Company to work for. I learned a lot from very talented people at the company.
It's great!
Intern (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great managers, great culture
Cons: pay could be better
Working here is great! Everybody is nice and the managers empower you to make your own decisions.
Critical work environment. May not be typical.
Lead Operating Engineer (Current Employee), Chandler AZJune 14, 2013
CBRE as a whole is a large company however my experience is only at one facility. My experience has not been very positive other than the pay, but I can not apply this review to the entire company as a whole based on this one facility.
Productive and Fun
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2013
Pros: non-supervisory position
Cons: health care
• Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
• Review assigned work orders.
• Estimate time and materials needed to complete repair.
• Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Maintain an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs – more... at a minimum.
• Maintain the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
• Perform painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and locksmith tasks as needed.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
• Responsible for maintaining security sliding gate and arm gate operational.
• Responsible for maintaining carwash equipment and controls operational.
• Responsible for maintaining air compressor and air dryer equipment operational.
• Responsible for maintaining parking lot pavement traffic markings and bollards and wheel stops painted.
• Responsible for maintaining vacuum equipment motor, fan, filter bag, hose, vacuum pipe line clear of debris and operational.
• Responsible for maintenance service and repair HVAC equipment.
• All Hertz Car Rental and Sales – less
Opportunity to interact with many different personalities
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2013
Pros: close early on friday during the summer. free breakfast on the first friday of the month.
Work with a team of real estate brokers to put together marketing materials that is shown to clients via hard and electronic copies.

There is a lack of advancement for those employees that are not interested in becoming a real estate broker.
Unprofessional in - AZ
Sr. Building Engineer (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 3, 2013
Pros: can tranfer to another state if you wish to.
Cons: from a to z - failure in all
Not basing CBRE anywhere but in AZ. They treat you as you are lucky to have a job state, instead of right to work state. Lack of expierence, training, etc when it comes to performance.

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicación, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more