CBRE

CBRE Employer Reviews

Big company, High performers are rewarded
Valuation Associate (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules for salaried employees
Cons: typically long hours
As with most big companies, it is easy to feel like just a number; however, this may have just been the culture of my particular office.

High performers are typically monetarily compensated especially if an employees salary is at least partially commission based. Work/life balance can be a struggle at times; however, overall work schedules were pretty flexible as a result.
A lot of variety
maintenance technician (Former Employee), minneapolisAugust 4, 2014
A day at work consisted of a lot of client interaction which I enjoy.
nice place to work
BUILDING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2014
I like the building. nice place to work just needed a new job. I just did not like the people that were at the building
Company is average.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Sandy Springs, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: most other employees are good to work with.
Cons: no advancement. uppermanagement stinks. no training provided.
I location where I work is good. Upper management is a problem. Everything is geared to the customer without any regard for the employees. I enjoy what I do and the location, but advancement is not happening.
Working with CBRE inspired me to pursue a career in Property Management.
Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great management. very organized.
Cons: cbre left when building was sold.
I was a temp employee with CBRE through Hastings & Hastings when during the brief time of my employment with CBRE the building they managed went through a sale and the new management company offered me a position which I accepted. During my time with CBRE I dealt mostly in assisting the property manager with Estoppels and Change of Management Letters. I helped prep the building for hurricane season 2013 and I helped in the transition of management companies and handled tenant relations. The manager who I had the pleasure of working with was a great manager and inspired me to pursue a career in property management. On a side note, my family does business in real estate and I naturally took to property management from the experience I had in caring for our family's several vacation rentals and dealing closely with contractors and vendors.
Very Stressful to work here.
Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: direct deposit
Cons: limited training, stressfull, they want you in front of a computer instead of what is going on at the client site.
Limited training, then once you get to know the program, they change it. Worked for four different clients, with the word that when the contract ends there are other accounts to go to. Wrong every time a contract ended you get laid off. Then when another account starts up they call you back. Very stressful, People put in chage of an account don't know there a-- from their elbow on what has to be done. If you have any experience, don't go here
Very challenging in a new environment.
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: learning everyday.
Cons: being a sub contactor.
We work so hard to keep this 80 year old building running without any down time or adverse effect on the client. Impleneting upgrades and processes is exciting, seeing them in action is satisfying.
Needs fresh blood
Admin (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 7, 2014
Environment was extremely stale. There was no creativity and folks always seemed to be looking over their shoulders. Also, the folks could use a class in diversity.
Good Company
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Sandston, VAJuly 1, 2014
Good company with good pay. Benefits are not all that great. Management is supportive of employees.
NOT a good place to work!
Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2014
Pros: pay was great.
Cons: poor leadership, unprofessional business practices, unreasonable expectations
New team members are thrown into the workplace with little to no training. Expectations are unreasonably high from day 1. Mundane data gathering tasks are consistently given to team with very short due dates. This makes it almost impossible to complete the required duties of the job. Regional Directors seem to be more interested in protecting their own existence instead of leading and encouraging their team. 24/7 work week required to even come close to meeting the expectation. If you are not meeting the standard there is no help from above...only criticism.
Avoid this company if at all possible!
Chief Engineer/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: benefits
Good Property Management Company. Good place to get a start in facilities engineering management. The people who work for CBRE are great.
Very interesting job
Service Engineer (Former Employee), TampaJune 23, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: very stressfull
working there I worked alone with no help when needed but was on the road a lot covered other banks and had to assist my co worker a lot. Management was not very knowledgeable.
This is not a good company to work for
stationary engineer (Current Employee), TulsaJune 19, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: management, benefits
They will tell you anything to get you to come to work there but will look you in the eye and lie to you about how they take care of their guy's. That's not true. Also you have very little direct access to human resources for questions or concerns they are even in the same state. The supervisors that I worked with had less experience than I do but you don't know anything your experience is insignificate. Also the supervisors will shake your hand and tell you that they are better than others because? I made the biggest mistake of my career working for CBRE.
Nice place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2014
Training was very good and me feel this was a great place to benefit
Supervisors tend to be on hand when needed. Work Loads have been doubled. Tasks can be over whelming at times.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: working independently. free to accomplish tasks without question.
Cons: heavy work loads, tasks generally not assigned to my classification, completion dates are very short.
Complete assigned tasks and any service requests submitted by the clients. Check and maintain equipment needed for day to day building operations. Check purchase order submissions and sometimes notify Vendors of impending work needing completion. Order supplies and parts as needed to keep inventory stocked. Maintain updates to my Supervisor of any tasks or projects needing to be completed, assigned, arranged and completed. Maintain grounds, supervise landscaping contractors. Keep in constant contact with Building Administrators concerning any issues they may have. Maintain all Life/ Fire safety equipment and requirements.

Learning: Safely use equipment , tools, personal protective equipment. How to manage time efficiently. Improved customer relations. Maintain a monthly budget. Vendor negotiations.
Management basically leaves me on my own, they are there when they are needed.
Co- workers: When help is needed they are there to help.

Hardest Part:Tasks can be very over whelming. Work load has doubled in the past 8 months. There is a lot more time needed for administrative duties than ever before. The work force needs to be increased due to amounts of monthly tasks needed to be completed by the 16th. of each month. Computer work has been added by almost double so that in some cases work needs to be done at home. Completing tasks generally not assigned to my classification.

Enjoyable part of the job:Making the clients happy and completing some work even before they can alert us to it needing being done. ( Find it first) Maintaining a friendly and enjoyable environment.
Not a good company to be employed with.
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 9, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive
Cons: management is not trustworthy
Management is poor at support for local employees. Require 27/7 work week, pressure everyday to complete mundane information task. Do not recognize what is important to the management of facilities.
Productive entry level managerial roll with opportunity to grow
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 6, 2014
Pros: strong communication between facilities and employees
Cons: working alone
The roll of store supervisor of Hampshire Self Storage was the perfect entry level position to grow as a potential facility manager.
CBRE has many areas for opportunity growth
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2014
My former company was acquired by CBRE in 2013. The transition has been very smooth so far.
Beneficial
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2014
Ability to learn cutting edge property management tools. Would recommend anyone to work for this company.
boring, low wage, high stress
Services Administrator (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 19, 2014
I come in everyday at 8 and I don't do anything until 12pm. It's unbearably boring. However, work piles up unexpectedly and managers are unreasonable about deadlines. High stress environment. I don't get paid enough for what I do.

About CBRE

CBRE (formerly CB Richard Ellis Group) is all about location, location, location -- not to mention ubicaciĆ³n, l'emplacement, posizione, – Read more