CCA Employee Reviews

Wouldn't want to work there again
Recreational supervisor (Former Employee) –  MississippiDecember 6, 2017
Need more professionals. Is not the best work environment even though the work is easy.. you must be willing to deal with other people attitudes.. can sometimes be stressful
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard to deal with others
It is a prison
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, TNDecember 1, 2017
It is a prison unless you have work in a correction you will not understand.I will not speak must more on the prison work for many reason it is a prison.
good place to work
Corrections Officer/trainsport officer (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXNovember 29, 2017
As a transport officer, I enjoyed my time at CCA, It allowed me travel across the state, going from one facility to another, it was also very Dangerous at times, but worth it.
Fun place to work.
Mail Room Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Boston, VANovember 18, 2017
Had excellent supervisor, friendly atmosphere, worked overtime when prompted. Health benefits. Close to home. Great benefits. Friendly staff. Training was great.
Pros
Fair
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent
Health Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clifton, TNNovember 17, 2017
Excellent
Opportunity and safe environment to work. I worked with the best Female Warden and enjoyed the beauty of nature in Tennessee. I will go back and work there at any time but I am in different location now.
Time Consuming
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 11, 2017
Its a decent job, the pay is nice for no experience in this field. Downside there isn't a lot of options to advance, unless you are willing to relocate.
A lot to learn in corrections
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2017
Good work enviorment, good pay and benefits, free lunch, union, shift, hours, events, hiring process, some posts are Good, some are bad, provided uniforms
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management, training, promotions
Relaxed for the most part, but lack of good management
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Jenkins County, GAOctober 28, 2017
Over all the prison is not a bad place to work, there’s an open door policy, built PTO time, understanding , just the lack of management makes it unsafe to work.
Did not do the same thing each day , fun people to work with , we are like family
Hazardous waste / purchase order person (Former Employee) –  Boston, VAOctober 25, 2017
It had its ups and downs , but worked there for 29 years love dealing with people, vendors and customers . I have driven to NY for work , and South Carolina for the company. Would do whatever was asked of me In a timer matter
Pros
Close to home
Cons
You have to work around some people bad moods
Great place
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, TNOctober 24, 2017
Go in strong minded and willing to work as a team. Never show weakness or be easy to get tricked. Be willing to ask for help, show Help when needed. Have fun overall
Pros
Good pay and over time
Cons
Long hours, ify relief sometimes
Stressful
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZOctober 20, 2017
This was the worst jobs I have ever had. The inmates got away with a lot. Female officers were cut throat with each other and would talk about each other in front of inmates. Upper management was very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
stressfull and ill managed place to work
RN, full time 12 (Current Employee) –  Florence, AZOctober 17, 2017
It is never boring, high staff turn over. I worked there for 3 years and seen a lot of nurses come and go. I stayed because I worked only in the Infirmary as a charge nurse.
Pros
good pay
Cons
under staffed
n/a
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Pahrump, NVOctober 15, 2017
There is a negative organizational culture. Also, there are limited opportunities for advancement. I do appreciate the previous opportunities I was given for advanced training.
hired robots
Debt collector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2017
i was hired and given certain promises that werent met or kept. they hired untrained rep's to collect on federal student loans. managed filedson a dailer system robo-calling. didnt comply with all of the federal standards through the DOE provides for repayment options
Pros
it was closer to my apartment at the time
Cons
inexperienced managers not knowing regulations of federal loans
Locally good, Corporate disconnected
Manager Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
The local team in Indianapolis cares and tries to do the right thing. They get zero support from the corporate office. They keep hiring Federal ex-employees and then keep losing Federal Contracts. The company is in total disarray and has totally lost the culture they had that held it together.
Difficult can be easy
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Estancia, NMOctober 3, 2017
Choose night shift. Say good bye to your social life and accept your new home because you'll practically live there. Work can be easy depending on your attitude and how strict you are.
Its a great place to work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TXSeptember 30, 2017
CCA is a great place to work people are great to I liked working in the kitchen Cca has great benefits to you also can work anywhere Cca is located at
great spiritual environment
YS3 mentor, Basketball and Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  1231 S. Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL 60623September 25, 2017
I love work with our black Africa american students, showing the leadership skills and giving back to our community
Setting goals and accomplishing goals... Setting new goals to complete.. repeating these methods all school year. Push students to better themselves in school and out school.
Only care about profit
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, TNSeptember 23, 2017
I normally don't believe in talking down a previous employer but cca didn't seem to care about the employees or the inmates. Creating an unsafe environment for everyone
Although I loved my job the management was the worse. No teamwork no support and a bunch of crooks.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, TNSeptember 14, 2017
This company does not care about its people. They will always choose the most awful people and promote them and also their cliques. If you are willing to do the work it will not be appreciated or rewarded. The inmates will give you more respect than staff and the staff will not support or respect you.
Pros
If you have the right team the job is fine, The ability to assist people that truly need proper guidance.
Cons
Lack of training, lack of care or concern from senior staff. Officers are very disrespectful to leaders, each other and the inmates. There is no comraderie.