CCA Employee Reviews in United States

Productive secure work environment, co workers work as a team and management staff.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 27, 2016
The work is easy, working with the co-workers is easy and they treat you as family all the way up to the warden. Team work is a must and always reinforced for everyone's safety. The work environment is very professional and produces a positive environment. The hours are the hardest part for you may need to pull off 16 hour shifts which makes it hard to balance and manage your time at home with family. The pay and benefits are satisfactory.
Pros
holiday Bonus, lunch, breakfast, or dinner rewarded by captains or warden.
Cons
Long hour shifts.
Not for me, some people my enjoy it.
Correctional Officer at the James Bradshaw Unit (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXApril 18, 2016
Didn't feel like a very safe place to work, to me the TDCJ policy guidelines were not followed and at times the offender got away with most things that they should have.
Good place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXMarch 30, 2016
The days were fast paced which made the day go quick. The employees were great to work with they were always willing to help if it was needed. the management personel was easy to talk to and ready with a helping hand.
If you was willing to learn there was always new things to learn about the company. I loved working with different people and learning new and exciting things.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
goverment closed the facility
Good pay if you are only single and have no children..
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2016
The first weeks of working for the USPS was going to stressful. You gotta know how to delivery the mails and posts. No problem but as time went on. My manager was total female dog, you had do overtime- like 12 am still delivery mails, because she didn't wanted any mails to come back. The Lincoln Park station is the worst station to be for a new CCA to start. However, the pay is good. I believe it depend on what station they put you in. If you are single parent, I wouldn't recommend you work here unless you have a good support system in plan, because you hours change from 8 hours to 16 hour before you know it and still have to get up the next day.
Pros
PAY
Cons
Manager, Stressful type work on mine, body, and soul
The best job ever
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Millen, GAMarch 19, 2016
I loved working with CCA. the atmosphere in the facility is amazing. the staff really care about their job and abilities to see he offenders as they should.
Day as a Correction Officer
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Eloy, AZMarch 16, 2016
I am currently working in intake and discharge department. I've been in this department almost 2 years in those 2 years I've have learned a lot. I have learned how to process an inmate when they arrive from inputting them in the system to conducting their interview and getting their fingerprints and photos. My coworkers and I make it a smooth process when a bus arrives. We all work together to make sure the intakes for the bus is completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
The only thing that sometimes crosses as an issue sometimes is dealing with a lot of different personalities and the long ride on the bus we receive a lot of unhappy, frustrated inmates. I deal with it by explaining the intake process to the inmates and advising them that we can only move as fast as they want to move. As long as they cooperate the process moves a lot faster. Overall I enjoy working with my team members and I learn something different everyday. You never know what your going to come across working in the corrections.
Corrections, tense, always on watching everyone.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2016
I love working with this company and I love working in security and corrections. I have learned with this company how to evolve into a leader and a great supervisor. The company has given me the opportunity to rise through the ranks and succeed. The co-workers are awesome to work with.
Pros
advancement oppertunities, and oppertunities to succeed.
Cons
short breaks and lots of stress.
Wonderful
Economic Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Juneau, WIMarch 1, 2016
My day at work is typically always busy. Case management and record keeping is very important in my position as an Economic Support Specialist. I am always on time with my state and federal deadlines acknowledging the demands of my job as well as the importance of servicing my clients well. I am very energetic and very positive adding a spark of sun shine to the unit I work for. The hardest part of my job is doing most of my work with clients through the telephone. I would like to work at my full potential and offer more face to face services to my community. On the other hand I enjoy being able to assist families and provide them with all the benefits they need to better their financial situations. No better feeling than knowing your work made a difference in someones life.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks
job was very rewarding
Captain (Former Employee) –  Tutwiler, MSFebruary 24, 2016
as I continued my career as a security captain I was able to help my staff become better at their jobs that I once had and helped me become a captain over security. I was very grateful to have such devoted staff.
Pros
wonderul staff
Cons
beneifts
cca
co (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 3, 2016
they suck... they are so rude... didnt care for it at all. i would rather have talked to the inmates rather than mu co workers

Want to know more about CCA?

Ask a question
very good place to work.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKFebruary 2, 2016
A very good place to work good people and lots to do, but can get stressful sometimes, very good benefits, you have a very good chance to move up in the company, co-workers are easy to fet along with, and are hard workers.
Productive career path for anyone with that interest
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Tutwiler, Ms USAJanuary 23, 2016
It is a very nicely ran facility and anyone interest should considering joining. It will surely provide you with the experience you need to advance.
One of the most challenging jobs to stay employed in.
Letter Carrier/Driver for USPS Pick up program (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Google review for this job is on the list for number 9 of one of the worst jobs to have in the United States. I can say that this is close to being true because the work load expected from your supervisor does not give enough time allowance for you to finish the work load in a safe manner. This is true for all mail carriers. However the experience I had working as a driver for the USPS pick up program was invaluable. The driving position and supervisor did allow for you to be creative with solving the route challenges and allowed for the driver to gain very valuable customer relations experience. The most challenging part of this position was driving safely, adding extra pick ups during the holidays and taking customer complaints face to face.
Pros
If you can handle the work load, you can remain in the union.
Cons
Your quality of life is low because of working weekends and holidays.
Hustle for the money
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Braddock Hills, PAJanuary 10, 2016
100 percent commission, a lot of research and a lot of scaring person into purchasing goes into the job. If one can tolerate meeting families after a death and trying to sell them, then you can find success. Can be emotional but good money can be earned. Very good people who work for company, low pressure from management, almost seen as being your own boss, in control to make as much money as you would like with the right amount of effort or strategic selling points.
Pros
freedom to sell, low micro management, great people
Cons
100 commission, cold calling, saturated prospects
Enjoyed my job
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nicholls, GAJanuary 9, 2016
It was a good company to work for. They offered a lot of benefits and it was a good learning experience. There are many opportunities within this company to advance, grow and relocate.
it was a job
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Raymondville, TXJanuary 8, 2016
I liked the hours that was given and what I didn't like was supervisors. there was room for advancement. I started as a correctional officer and ended as an armory instructor
wonderful
All Web Leads (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2015
The company is nothing but women(mothers mostly)
the ladies are so down to earth and very personable. I worked from home but the training was awesome and the team made sure I knew what I was doing before they turned me loose to work from home
Fun and productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2015
Overall the best job I've worked, check appointments and daily schedule assisting doctor when needed. Worked front office taking messages and set cheduling. Storgong verbal communication skills co-works were great. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping in anywat i can.
Pros
Long luch good hours
Cons
n/a
Decent start but not where i want to be.
correctional officer (Current Employee) –  Eden, TXDecember 28, 2015
This job offers a good start to get your foot in the door, but long term is iffy. The supervisors are more of a joke than any kind of help on most shifts, they are basically there to sign papers and yell at you when they can. The long hours can be a good thing if your single with no family, otherwise it gets old real quick being away from the ones you love so much. This job has tought me about corrections, but i cant fully apply what i learned because i might get fired for doing my job. Id rather work county or state thats not second hand run.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Too much to tell
Stay far away!
corrections officer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXDecember 23, 2015
This is a horrible, nasty place to work and a place for no female to work unless your looking for a boyfriend which will get you in trouble anyways. Stay far a way from here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management sucks, messy people, favortism