CCA

CCA Employer Reviews

Not a good company to work for
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Conneaut, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: employees are considered to be easily replaceable
mandated to work days off
stressful job
Short staffed
hard environmental work conditions
OK I Guess
Correctional Officer / S.O.R.T / Mentor (Current Employee), Whiteville, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: everything... and no break
This is a real review... The management is all bout money for themselves, so when the cost of living goes up our pay doesn't. The place is dangerous for so little pay. You have to work overtime to make ends meet so you are never home. They treat you like a investment and not an employee. Its ok to work for a while but not a career.
ok
Assistant/Collector (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
I also worked at this company as a collector ..Managment there could also use some help
CCA
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security, communication
It had good benefits, but no job security. I left CCA because I wanted job security. They have a very high turn over rate.
Hated it
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Conneaut, OhioJuly 22, 2014
This was a good job with the exception.... Management. Instead of standing by your employees they stood by and for the inmates.
good for anyone wanting a carreer in corrections
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Beattyville, KYJuly 21, 2014
a good job for anyone wanting a constant, steady, reliable paid job this is it
great
Assistant Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), lewisvilleTx,July 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity
Cons: n/a
cca is a great company to work for it give you the opportunity to help others
This is a prison.
Dentist (Former Employee), GAJuly 14, 2014
This is a prison. My job is service inmates. It is a very good managed company.
It is a company that provides jobs
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Conneaut, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: long hours and most times your days off also
In my opinion it is not a great company to work for.
Most every day there are uses of force, which is a bit easier when you are younger
every one there is trying there best to go home everyday after the shift, be it 12 or 16 hours
The hardest part of the job is never knowing if you are going to be involved in a fight / stabbing / or have an inmate commit suicide
I do not enjoy corrections anymore, it is a job now not a career
Monotonous
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Coolidge, AZJune 25, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: hours, monotony, not a job for me
My shift is from 3pm to 11pm. First entering the job you have to find out where you are posted. You then go to your post, and your routine starts. Count at 430, dinner turnout of the inmates, inmates return, they clean, you help them get out the materials, then count at 8pm, and the inmates get locked down. Then they come out to be supervised again until lockdown at 11pm. The routine is the same with some variances in different units that you are posted.
Some coworkers are nice, and others are difficult to work with.
The hardest part of the job is the anxiety that is felt when you don't know what could happen if the inmates fight or something happens.
Not a Place for a Woman to work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Winnfield, LAJune 11, 2014
You would think that the inmates would be the rude ones but it is the other Correctional officers that are.
Company overall is unsafe and concerning
Correctional Counselor Sgt (Former Employee), Eloy, AZJune 9, 2014
This company has a ideal approach to business but tends to put their employees in unsafe environments.
Believe it or not, this is not the worst job I have had
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2014
Pros: you feel like you make a difference
Cons: scary
if you like being called out of your name every day. Every morning being scared to go to work or love people and want to make a difference, This could be for you
Its a Jail
CORRECTIONS OFFICER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2014
What you want to be treated as good as the inmates? Find a different facility
Ever changing professional corrections environment
Correctional Officer/Sgt./Lt./Armory Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Mary, KYMay 27, 2014
Non-stop checks to ensure safety and security of staff, visitors, offenders, and community. Make changes to equipment, purchasing or replenishing equipment, providing detailed reports and inventories. Compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Ensure that staff are following policy. Ensure that inmates are following rules and regulations and respond to any situations that arise.
Very educational based.
Correctional Counselor (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: free breaks, free lunch, dinner and breakfast.
Cons: paid time off was lost if not used in fiscal year
My typical day at work consisted of me supervising approximately 16 staff while. I learned how to imply various management skills in a correctional setting as i was afforded the opportunity fill a higher position than the one i was titled due to my experience. Management was good. My co-workers all worked as a team and provided assistance to one another daily.The hardest part of the job was generating so much paperwork on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part was instructing meetings.
Shift work with good group of co-workers
Detention Officer (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 18, 2014
Pros: compensation was fair, compared to similar jobs in the area
Cons: lack of consideration for shift work employees
A typical day for me was to find something productive to help the time pass more quickly. I was relied upon to ensure overall sanitation of the building, training detainees on how to operate floor buffing machines, and to take pride in the work they completed on a nightly basis. I am detail oriented, and was known as the "You missed a spot" lady. I also headed up our weekly potluck dinner, from planning the menu to emailing the list to all 3rd shift employees, to ensure maximum participation. My group of co-workers were very tight knit, for the most part. I enjoyed the feeling I got when I could make a daily To-Do List and mark the items off. The hardest part of this job was lack of support and leadership for us, line staff, and immediate supervisors, and the work schedule of working 6 nights on with 2 nights off.
Nothing Bad to Say
Learning & Development Manager (Former Employee), Bartlett, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches; great dental, medical, and vision; paid training; shift schedule
Cons: non-operational equipment; inconsistant administrative management; base salary
Bartlett State Jail

I worked for CCA for 14 years. I was able to promote from Correctional Officer to Captain in the span of six years with hard work. I served as Captain for seven years before transitioning into the Learning & Development department for a year.

Overall, the compensation is not all that great. The health, dental, and vision benefits are great but base pay is not anything to run at. The work environment is middle of the road; not CCA's fault because it's a State of Texas owned facility.

The ability to promote is there when there is a vacancy. Promotion boards are straight forward. The management there AT THIS TIME is well rounded and there is much experience there.

I rated job culture high because it is a friendly environment and people tend to work around individual circumstances when they can.

I would have given work/life balance a two, but it is more by choice than anything else. CCA offers overtime if you want it, but some people go overboard.

Pay raises have been suspended for a bit; but they have issued bonuses in those years. So you can rate that as you see fit.
Corrections
Case Manager Duties (Current Employee), Eden, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: able to adjust my schedule when needed do to family
Cons: inmates around you at all times
Prison/Correction field
steady work, always busy
I have been at this job for about 6 years and loved it but just need to be closer to family. Team work very important
Excellent model for corrections.
Lieutenant (Former Employee), Kuna, ID>May 8, 2014
Provided me with an outstanding knowledge base in Corrections.