CCA Employee Reviews

Productive, leadership skills
Medical Assistant/Phlembotmist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: enhancement for a career
CCA has given me an opportunity to start my career along with learning patient quality care. I've learn how to be a problem solver,this is why I am furthing my education.
decent place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee), Florence, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: can move up fast
Cons: poor benefits and poor staffing
provide counseling for inmates make rounds through pods hand out legal mail supervise correctional officers
many different contracts to learn i.e. ICE, US Marshalls, California State, And Hawaii state prisons.
some management passes their jobs off on those with which they should be leading.
majority of coworkers are friendly and helpful
hardest part of the job is dealing with the work load and always being short staff
most enjoyable part of the job is the people with which you work.
Challening
Supervisor (Former Employee), Alamo, GaSeptember 12, 2014
One day I would have problems with the inmates not wanting to listen to me so I did what I had to do and wright them up. I learned at this job that people will laugh in your face and then turn around and stab you in the back. I enjoyed my little management position, but I didn't get alone with some of my co-workers cause they thought they were better than me. The hardest part of my job was when my co-workers would go and talk to the inmates about me. The most enjoyable part of my day was went I got ready to go home and I was in my right state of mine and I could talk to my girlfriend.
Security Gaurd (Former Employee), Nicholls, GASeptember 5, 2014
Answered alarms and investigated disturbances.
Patrolled premises to prevent and detect signs of if intrusion and security of windows, doors, gates.
Continuously monitored security cameras systems.
Inspected parking lot to verify that vehicles were properly parked and displayed parking permits.
Patrolled the facility and served as general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule infractions.
Checked passes and credentials of those seeking to enter the property.
Answered alarms and investigated disturbances.
It is a good company with great benefits
Corrections Officer (Former Employee), Alamo, GAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: some staff
I learned that it isn't easy accounting for over 2500 inmates but with good co workers it can be done..
TDCJ policy enforced
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch at times
Cons: short breaks, far off restroom, no cctv's that work, no one person entry doors.
•a typical day at work: long work hours less pay.
•the hardest part of the job: no structure, poor staff who don't care about there job, staff fraternized with inmates, inmate friendly officers and supervisors relationships.
The Worst!
Former Officer (Former Employee), Lake City, FlAugust 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay and benefits.
Cons: everything else.
This company is the worst to work for. Administration constantly changing, turnover rate extremely high, inmates preferred over staff, staff disrespected by the inmates and the higher ups on a daily basis. Officers are reduced to nothing more than peons by administration and inmates are allowed to openly disrespect staff with verbal abuse and physical attacks due to administrative staff disrespecting staff in front of inmates. When an officer tries to leave the company the with a notice, they usually get terminated and the company tries to take their certification. Female officers are treated the worst. They are targeted by the inmates and the male staff if they refuse to "play along". When working a 12 hour shift, you might get a 15 or 20 minute break. It takes that long to get through the gates. Officers do not get the respect they need to do their jobs. They preach all the time to carry yourself a certain way and then do their best to break you. If you want to get lied on, disrespected and made to feel as if the only thing you are good for is being walked on, this is the job for you.
Not a good company to work for
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Conneaut, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: employees are considered to be easily replaceable
mandated to work days off
stressful job
Short staffed
hard environmental work conditions
OK I Guess
Correctional Officer / S.O.R.T / Mentor (Current Employee), Whiteville, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: everything... and no break
This is a real review... The management is all bout money for themselves, so when the cost of living goes up our pay doesn't. The place is dangerous for so little pay. You have to work overtime to make ends meet so you are never home. They treat you like a investment and not an employee. Its ok to work for a while but not a career.
ok
Assistant/Collector (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
I also worked at this company as a collector ..Managment there could also use some help
CCA
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security, communication
It had good benefits, but no job security. I left CCA because I wanted job security. They have a very high turn over rate.
Hated it
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Conneaut, OhioJuly 22, 2014
This was a good job with the exception.... Management. Instead of standing by your employees they stood by and for the inmates.
good for anyone wanting a carreer in corrections
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Beattyville, KYJuly 21, 2014
a good job for anyone wanting a constant, steady, reliable paid job this is it
great
Assistant Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), lewisvilleTx,July 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity
Cons: n/a
cca is a great company to work for it give you the opportunity to help others
This is a prison.
Dentist (Former Employee), GAJuly 14, 2014
This is a prison. My job is service inmates. It is a very good managed company.
It is a company that provides jobs
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Conneaut, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: long hours and most times your days off also
In my opinion it is not a great company to work for.
Most every day there are uses of force, which is a bit easier when you are younger
every one there is trying there best to go home everyday after the shift, be it 12 or 16 hours
The hardest part of the job is never knowing if you are going to be involved in a fight / stabbing / or have an inmate commit suicide
I do not enjoy corrections anymore, it is a job now not a career
Monotonous
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Coolidge, AZJune 25, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: hours, monotony, not a job for me
My shift is from 3pm to 11pm. First entering the job you have to find out where you are posted. You then go to your post, and your routine starts. Count at 430, dinner turnout of the inmates, inmates return, they clean, you help them get out the materials, then count at 8pm, and the inmates get locked down. Then they come out to be supervised again until lockdown at 11pm. The routine is the same with some variances in different units that you are posted.
Some coworkers are nice, and others are difficult to work with.
The hardest part of the job is the anxiety that is felt when you don't know what could happen if the inmates fight or something happens.
Not a Place for a Woman to work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Winnfield, LAJune 11, 2014
You would think that the inmates would be the rude ones but it is the other Correctional officers that are.
Company overall is unsafe and concerning
Correctional Counselor Sgt (Former Employee), Eloy, AZJune 9, 2014
This company has a ideal approach to business but tends to put their employees in unsafe environments.
Believe it or not, this is not the worst job I have had
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2014
Pros: you feel like you make a difference
Cons: scary
if you like being called out of your name every day. Every morning being scared to go to work or love people and want to make a difference, This could be for you