CCA Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good place low pay
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Good work environment .Its a good company with some good management. Excellent training program. No raises and a cut back on holidays and PTO. Good supervisors. Healthcare is very expensive.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Low pay
Productive, and hard working
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, TNJanuary 3, 2017
Not an ideal place to work
Co workers are disrespectful and rude
The pay is amazing, but the hours are terrible
All about work, and they expect you not to have a life
They dont respect each other
Pros
Good money
Cons
No breaks, and rude co workers
good place
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Nicholls, GADecember 2, 2016
CCA is a great experience never know what your going to walk into and that make every day different unlike other jobs where its the same thing every day.
Call Center
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 29, 2016
Answering incoming calls on eligibility, benefits, claims, and authorization of services from providers and members.
Productive and Great Atmosphere
Supervisor in kitchen (Former Employee) –  Lumpkin, GAOctober 25, 2016
I enjoyed working at CCA. The work atmosphere was great. The work hours was adaptable and overtime was available. The employer and other employees were good to work with. The job wasn't a hassle.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks sometimes
Hard place
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, MTOctober 18, 2016
The staff that was in the leadership roles would back stab you when it benefited them. Worked none stop without getting rest to regroup. The leadership would take more days off when they wanted.
Loved It
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2016
I loved working for theCCAt. Not only was the pay great but the people were as well. Sadly it was a temporary position and they later closed the office.
Pros
being able to work independantly
Prison's are tough
Case Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milan, NMSeptember 7, 2016
I worked at CCA for almost 14 years, and at the end I feel that I had wasted my time. Compensation is great, but most days you aren't treated as an individual, but as a uniform.
Training ground
Assistant focus group facilitator (Former Employee) –  Venus, TXAugust 1, 2016
It was a unique place to connect my education and life experiences with an awesome group of people. The task of mentoring adults whose appreciation and hunger for hope and a future prepared me for a life calling of mentoring people of various needs.
CCA is always changing
Assistant Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lumpkin, GAJuly 18, 2016
The upper management wants you to put this job first, and then family. Its a buddy buddy system out there. When positions become available, if you qualify for the position they basically know who they are going to give it to.
Challenging and Rewarding Job
Administrative Secretary - Assistant Warden (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, TNJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work is I check the mail the first thing in the morning. Next, I look at my email for anything that needs immediate attention. Since I work at a prison, every day is different. I may start a task and then switch to one which requires sensitive documents for submittal. I am multi-functional; therefore, I am always prepared for whatever needs immediate attention. I love working, and I also help other departments should the need arise. I also compose weekly and monthly reports. Every day I get the opportunity to work with two assistant wardens and the warden from time to time. One thing I enjoy is getting involved in events such as birthdays, Martin Luther King's birthday, and functions that require decorating and preparing menus. I do not allow myself to be bored as I always make sure I have something to do even if I have to get out of my comfort zone. If there is an emergency shutdown of the facility, I automatically know I need to help by getting drinks and food to the search team; however, I will assist the team if I needed. It is mandatory for me to document as much information possible when taking minutes. The hardest part of my job is getting interrupted. I have learned how to manage my time, and my co-workers are a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I can use my knowledge and skills that I learned to make my job easier.
Pros
It is family-oriented, and the staff works as a team at any given time.I look forward to going to work every day.
Cons
The pay is not good and I have a long drive. The company does not provide very good benefits.
Commited to excellence
Mental Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holdenville, OKJuly 6, 2016
This place of employment provides competitive salary, very good benefits and is a positive place to work for MH professionals.
Pros
committment to excellence
Cons
no opportunities for professional development
At will employer. Makes that abundantly clear when you grievance them
Academic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tutwiler, MSJuly 5, 2016
At will employer. Corporation operating under the guise of a prison. Policy is unclear. Work environment is mostly unprofessional and tense. "Prison" is understaffed and employees are overworked.
productive, skills settings
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZJune 27, 2016
Learned a lot grew in knowledge gain directions.
As an employee I performs routine duties in accordance with established policies, regulations and procedures to maintain order and provide for the security, care and direct supervision of employees. I work for my pay check, but i work to progress to improve and to better myself the, the facility, and co-employees
commercial assignments and during all other phases of activity i I have been trained to maintain discipline and order, as a motivation speaker. I have been able to work many post assignment of the skills in glazing.
Pros
overtime, transferable
Cons
non steady work / need to be union
absoultey loved IT ! Little supervision , great wages, awesome people , very diversity
CCA, city carrier assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 23, 2016
Great place to work if i had the chance to be rehired i will do it all over again . Little supervision , great wages, awesome people , very diversity
Pros
benefits, wages
Cons
weather conditions
Very high pace work place
CCA (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 15, 2016
long work days
7 days a week work week
delivering mail
co workers are great
fun work environment
lacking in supervisors
learned to deliver mail at a quick pace
Pros
good people
Cons
no days off
Letter Carrier USPS
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2016
Being a CCA, or letter carrier for the USPS looks easier than it is. Not only do you deliver mail you also deliver packages. Lots of packages; even on Sunday.
Pros
Day flies by
Cons
No personal time off
Great working enviroment
Rapid Prototyping monitor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2016
People are friendly and helpful.
I learn so much from other people and feel happy about helping others. I don't only use the machines, but also troubleshoot them.
A very hostile environment to work in.
Law Librarian (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 24, 2016
The employees are very deceitful and backbiting. Administration has their favorites and allow a great deal of wrong-doing to go on.
Pros
overtime
Cons
cliques
Tough to work for
Assistant Bookkeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAMay 1, 2016
This company was tough to work for - too many cooks in the kitchen - the only thing that I was grateful for was the experience in management it gave me. My co-workers were wonderful and they kept me grounded.