CCA Employee Reviews

Wonderful
Economic Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Juneau, WIMarch 1, 2016
My day at work is typically always busy. Case management and record keeping is very important in my position as an Economic Support Specialist. I am always on time with my state and federal deadlines acknowledging the demands of my job as well as the importance of servicing my clients well. I am very energetic and very positive adding a spark of sun shine to the unit I work for. The hardest part of my job is doing most of my work with clients through the telephone. I would like to work at my full potential and offer more face to face services to my community. On the other hand I enjoy being able to assist families and provide them with all the benefits they need to better their financial situations. No better feeling than knowing your work made a difference in someones life.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks
job was very rewarding
Captain (Former Employee) –  Tutwiler, MSFebruary 24, 2016
as I continued my career as a security captain I was able to help my staff become better at their jobs that I once had and helped me become a captain over security. I was very grateful to have such devoted staff.
Pros
wonderul staff
Cons
beneifts
cca
co (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 3, 2016
they suck... they are so rude... didnt care for it at all. i would rather have talked to the inmates rather than mu co workers
very good place to work.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKFebruary 2, 2016
A very good place to work good people and lots to do, but can get stressful sometimes, very good benefits, you have a very good chance to move up in the company, co-workers are easy to fet along with, and are hard workers.
Productive career path for anyone with that interest
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Tutwiler, Ms USAJanuary 23, 2016
It is a very nicely ran facility and anyone interest should considering joining. It will surely provide you with the experience you need to advance.
One of the most challenging jobs to stay employed in.
Letter Carrier/Driver for USPS Pick up program (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Google review for this job is on the list for number 9 of one of the worst jobs to have in the United States. I can say that this is close to being true because the work load expected from your supervisor does not give enough time allowance for you to finish the work load in a safe manner. This is true for all mail carriers. However the experience I had working as a driver for the USPS pick up program was invaluable. The driving position and supervisor did allow for you to be creative with solving the route challenges and allowed for the driver to gain very valuable customer relations experience. The most challenging part of this position was driving safely, adding extra pick ups during the holidays and taking customer complaints face to face.
Pros
If you can handle the work load, you can remain in the union.
Cons
Your quality of life is low because of working weekends and holidays.
Hustle for the money
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Braddock Hills, PAJanuary 10, 2016
100 percent commission, a lot of research and a lot of scaring person into purchasing goes into the job. If one can tolerate meeting families after a death and trying to sell them, then you can find success. Can be emotional but good money can be earned. Very good people who work for company, low pressure from management, almost seen as being your own boss, in control to make as much money as you would like with the right amount of effort or strategic selling points.
Pros
freedom to sell, low micro management, great people
Cons
100 commission, cold calling, saturated prospects
Enjoyed my job
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nicholls, GAJanuary 9, 2016
It was a good company to work for. They offered a lot of benefits and it was a good learning experience. There are many opportunities within this company to advance, grow and relocate.
it was a job
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Raymondville, TXJanuary 8, 2016
I liked the hours that was given and what I didn't like was supervisors. there was room for advancement. I started as a correctional officer and ended as an armory instructor
wonderful
All Web Leads (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2015
The company is nothing but women(mothers mostly)
the ladies are so down to earth and very personable. I worked from home but the training was awesome and the team made sure I knew what I was doing before they turned me loose to work from home
Fun and productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2015
Overall the best job I've worked, check appointments and daily schedule assisting doctor when needed. Worked front office taking messages and set cheduling. Storgong verbal communication skills co-works were great. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping in anywat i can.
Pros
Long luch good hours
Cons
n/a
Decent start but not where i want to be.
correctional officer (Current Employee) –  Eden, TXDecember 28, 2015
This job offers a good start to get your foot in the door, but long term is iffy. The supervisors are more of a joke than any kind of help on most shifts, they are basically there to sign papers and yell at you when they can. The long hours can be a good thing if your single with no family, otherwise it gets old real quick being away from the ones you love so much. This job has tought me about corrections, but i cant fully apply what i learned because i might get fired for doing my job. Id rather work county or state thats not second hand run.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Too much to tell
Stay far away!
corrections officer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXDecember 23, 2015
This is a horrible, nasty place to work and a place for no female to work unless your looking for a boyfriend which will get you in trouble anyways. Stay far a way from here.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management sucks, messy people, favortism
N/a
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Estancia, NMDecember 21, 2015
Prepare payroll every two week, HR manager is very good to work with. This is a prison (Federal). Co workers are a fine people
Correctional Officier (Former Employee) –  Jacksboro, TXDecember 21, 2015
You will learn to be observant and be safe and learn morals. This job is stable and very productive as far as being busy. You learn integrity and team-work and have to be very watchful of everything around you at all times. There are rules to abide by also.
Pros
Cons
Great pay and benefits
Good company until it was sold
DESIGN/DRAFTER/CAD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Monroe, CTNovember 22, 2015
Parent company purchased, several laid off with no warning. I honestly do not think the company is going to stay in CT. We were purchased because of our green ratings for the government.
Pros
Close to home, let you do your job without headaches
Cons
Purchased by a corporate company whp focused on bottom line
bad company
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, TNNovember 19, 2015
They do not care about their employees. Have long hours at cca whiteville tn. And they tell emlpoyees if you don't work your off days you will be fired.
pros:job stability / cons: job security
Senior Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX Houston Processing CenterNovember 15, 2015
My biggest concern was managemen and co-workers.. I have no complaints about detainees or the job duties nor long work 12hrs shifts. If the Warden likes you. You can do whatever and treat whoever like you see fit. Corporate stands behind wrongful terminations & all sorts of harassment complaints. The list is long. If I can say one thing to help someone who's considering employment.. Please know policy... Do your research, females do not mix business and pleasure..
Pros
company celebrations
Cons
long work shift..
very fun and outgoing job.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Cuero, TXNovember 5, 2015
You will meet so many different people and also have regular customers. It is fast paced and keeps you busy. The hours can be short but there are plenty of other workers who will need some shifts taken.
Pros
never bored
Cons
hours are crazy
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Olney Springs, CONovember 3, 2015
To offer security to the facility and surrounding community to make sure the inmate are doing there time in a safe and proper manner
Pros
na
Cons
na