CCA

CCA Employer Reviews

a typical day at work
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Eloy, AZOctober 4, 2013
working here is been a different experience for me but what i really want is be out there driving a Bus thats my life I love and enjoy doing it.
Hard work with nio advancement
General Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Crowley, COSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free food, meet lots of different people
Cons: low pay for hard work no advancement
Work would be short burst of chaos when serving followed by long periods of prep for the next meal. Due to the high turnover rate, I learned how to effectively manage a team, train incoming employes, how to work inside a team by using each indivual where they can best excel, and how to communicate with and outside team to ensure a smooth and effecient – more... production. The management would vary depending on the indivual, co-workers would be the same, again due to the high turn over rate. The hardest part would be keeping things running with each different area while serving, and the best would be the time inbetween serving because it provided the chance to learn the essential skills of the job – less
Interesting work and many obstacles to overcome.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Canouan Island, St. Vincent and The GrenadinesSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: chance to experience living on a caribbean island, the international people you get to know personnally and work wise.
Cons: away from family and home for long periods of time and lack of personal time.
Sun-up to sun-down work days, 6 days a week and some Sundays.

Management would not heed advice, direction or most suggestions of the very experienced employees that they hired for experience.

Found almost all fellow employees to be a pleasure to work and live next to. I felt the wealth of the combined knowledge and experience they brought to the island – more... to be tremendous.

Hardest two things to deal with was the volatile management style and lack of personal services, food, amenities and choices living on such a small island.

The challenge of building on a small island with limited resources and being successful dealing with logistics and local labor to achieve very high level results. – less
Busy environment
Correctional Officer (CO) (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free meals vacation days sick days and personal time off
Cons: worked far too many hours no tie for family life
A typical day for me was 16 hour shifts and a normal work week was usually six days. Did not work well when you have a family. Younger co-workers would usually fail to show up for work or sleep on the job. When it was brought up to management they consistantly failed to address the problem.
Productive and Challenging- Opportunity for advancement
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Mason, TNAugust 21, 2013
Pros: pros were job security, good benefits, good pay.
Cons: cons were really challenging inmates being hard-headed.
CCA is an overall good place to work. I've learned many rules and policies of the company. Some of my co-workers could have been more professional. The hardest part of the job was getting the inmates up for pill call and medical late at night. The most enjoyable part ot the job was going to work, doing my job with a feeling of accomplishment.
do not work here
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Whiteville, TNAugust 8, 2013
long work hours, biggest problems were not from the inmates, but from other staff. the management system is poor. no lunch. no breaks. the most enjoyable time at this job was clock out time.
CCA is a good company to work for. They value your work.
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee), Eloy, AZJuly 30, 2013
Pros: 10 hour days, weekends and holidays off
Cons: no overtime
Patients are brought to dental clinic when they have an appointment.
I have learned patience and work on a hospital setting. The hardest part of the job is making sure the instruments are always accounted for.
Production & Safetyness
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Eden, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: haning out with the other officers at group lunches
Cons: lockdowns & riots
The work day usually started out pretty quiet.

I learned to install the Firm, Fair & Consistency act that we were taught.

The hardest part of the job was when we were on lockdown or when we had a riot.

The most enjoyable time would have to be when I would get an inmate to go back and finish school or pick up some kind of trade.
Worked in Correctional and jail settings and had to maintain constant attention to detail and your enviorment
Assistant Warden Security Operations (Former Employee), Alamo Georgia, Panama City FloridaJuly 3, 2013
worked in Prisons and Jail settings. Supervised both Operations and Support services during my career.

One of the most critical leesons I learned was to lead from the front and always set the example.

Management varied depending on the level of supervison, there was good and bad.

I enjoyed working with my staff, one of my joys in life is dealing – more... with people. Always intresting.

Hardest part was seeing a staff member injured in the line of Duty, that never goes away and you have to remind yourself of where you are and who depends on you.

The most enjoyable part the excitment of something new almost everyday. – less
Productive knowledge of job
corrections officer (Former Employee), Eloy, AZ.June 24, 2013
Pros: free access to food, enjoyed job, and less inmates to supervise.
Cons: knowing an altercation could accure at any time with inmates, and only myself in kitchen with 20 inmates.
My previous job worked in prison as a correctional officer. Last 1 1/2 years worked in kitchen as kitchen officer. Primary job supervise 2 staff employees as well as provide security for staff as well as supervise 15-20 inmates, also assure inmates abide by all rules and regulations. The hardest part of job was assuring staff and inmates coexist in – more... work environment. Enjoyed working with people – less
Reliable good job.
Receiving and Discharge Officer (Current Employee), Leavenworth, KSJune 18, 2013
A safe environment where one can work independently in a correctional environment.
a decent company not very happy with though
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Milan, NMJune 13, 2013
the prison is very understaffed so you do alot of OT and management is very poor
Very challenging position, with many pros and cons
Corrections Officer (Current Employee), Eloy, AZJune 4, 2013
I learned a completly differant career field. I was able to put forth maximum effort at all times, with very little feedback from management
A job with a lot of new things to learn on a daily basis
Correctional Officer Trainee (Former Employee), Lake City, FLMay 16, 2013
Pros: the customers
Cons: the pay
I recommend it for teenagers just starting out. A good place to learn new things.
great family
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Shelby, MTApril 29, 2013
Pros: wonderful people to work with
Cons: life threatening situations
We as officers were a family closely knit together in unity. I learned conflict resolution and time management skills there. I had some of the best coworkers in the industry we were professional. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the inmates and their controversy.the most enjoyable part of the job was he pride of service
i liked working here
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: confusing hours
this is the type of job for someone who does not mind putting up with rude inmates and has a steady temper.
corrections officer
Corrections Officer, Segregation Unit (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 31, 2013
Cons: everthing
This place will get you hurt. understaffed under paid. Being understaffed with over 100 inmates to a on officer with no protection.
Its a prison with men. They are people with issues so you just learn to respect boundries.
General Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, TXMarch 26, 2013
Pros: benefits, recognition of job
Cons: inmates are sometimes hard to take if you are sensitive
check mail and distribute to the inmates. It is good for someone who loves to read.
basically live in a jail.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee), Jacksboro, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: always worked late, did not like the management.
Constantly watching inmates, thats all you do. I always worked past my scheduled hours. It is basically baby sitting rule breaking adults.
Interesting place to work
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Shelby, MTJanuary 16, 2013
How to handle people in normal and stressful situations while working as a team.