CCI Greenheart Employee Reviews

Local Coordinator- Part-time position
Local Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2017
I enjoy meeting potential host families and working with exchange students. The training I've attended has been very helpful and motivated me to do more within the company. Finding host families who are willing to volunteer to host can be challenging. I'd love to see CCI Greenheart invest more in promotional materials so we could receive more referrals via phone/website.
Pros
free training, easy to access help from Regional Manager/Director
Fun, Exciting, Wonderful Experience
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2017
It was a English Immersion camp, so it was go-go from dawn till dusk. Compensation was very fair. Learned a lot about co-worker communication and conflict management strategies, and how to lead a large group of individuals who do not fluently speak my language. Hardest part: being on duty 27/7 for three weeks. Best: Getting to know the students.
Pros
company paid for all excursion I took with the students and all the art supplies I bought
Cons
We were a bit understaffed
Experiencia internacional
ASISTENTE ADMINISTRATIVO (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2016
Fue un empleo de mucho aprendizaje y contacto con personas de diversos países del mundo.
Pros
seguro medico, sueldo, visa, hospedaje, escuela de idiomas
Cons
pago tardío
Lots of field work for low compensation
Local Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2016
Dont recommend if you want to make a significant amount of money or if you want advancement.

It will involve a lot of investment of your own time and money before you begin to hit commissions. However, the work is enjoyable and there are perks such as travel awards.
Pros
travel awards
Cons
low pay
fun, its a cultural experience
Local Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
I find homes for students from other countries to continue their education in the United States. I have learned about different cultures. This is an independent job with the help if needed from regional coordinators. The hardest part of this job is to find host families that would like to open their home for these students for a whole school year. The most enjoyable part of this job is the relationships that are built between everyone and to watch transfirmation of the cultural differences that everyone overcomes while working together.
Pros
cultural diversity
Not worth it
Local Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago SuburbsMay 27, 2015
The time required for this position is not worth the very little compensation.

Phone calls can be incessant and interrupting full-time work day.
Cons
Inconsistant work flow
Decent Company
Employer Services Specialist- I (Former Employee) –  chicagoDecember 1, 2014
Bad upper management. Things are always hidden for no reason.
Amazing people and work cutlture
Work and Travel Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
Small non profit visa sponsor, had a great work team and great location. Stressful monotonous work at times, especially in the Spring, but overall happy.
Adventuroust work place with advanced cultural oppertunities
Foreign Relation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola , Fla. /Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2014
. Networking with Host Families and the Community
. Different languages, cultures and Communication skills
. Positive, Supportive, Involved
. Heartfelt, Eager, Passionate
. Our Foreign Exchange Students going home
. Socializing and bringing two different worlds together as one
Pros
Traveling abroad
Cons
Culturer shock for some students
Interesting intercultural job focusing on helping students
Local Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2013
This job has taught me how to have conversations, on the phone and in person, with people I have never met. I have learned how to resolve conflicts that arise between families, students, and schools. Being a Local Coordinator requires me to read and interpret the thoughts and actions of people with different cultural backgrounds, accept them as they are, and help host families to see and accept these cultural differences. I have learned to be a better communicator and a better public speaker in small group settings. I have managed up to five families with their students at one time: acquiring and coordinating the proper paperwork; logging in contact information on the company database; maintaining contact with students, families, and schools; maintaining daily contact with the Chicago office via email and phone. This job allows me flexibility with my growing family, rewards me with multicultural opportunities, and gives me the chance to help students from around the world to achieve their dreams. The hardest part of this job is having to move a student to a new home because of personality conflict, or having to put a student on probation due to poor school or attitude performance.
Pros
flexible schedule, work helping students, international experience
Cons
no benefits, contract work only, very little room for advancement
ESL Camp Manager and Teacher
Site Manager and Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, Wa and Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 16, 2011
CCI is an excellent company to work for
Advancement/Job Security is not applicable
Management was very responsive to needs
Pros
esl teaching
Cons
expected to do much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCI Greenheart. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3