CCMSI Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Lost Time Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2017
I have gained so much knowledge working for CCMSI, they have provided me with a stepping stone to further my career. I have enjobyed my time here and I am very sad to have to leave.
A great, growing company to work for
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2016
A typical day is fast paced and ever changing.

I had an amazing supervisor with years of experience that taught me the foundation of the work comp industry.
Good job and good place to work.
Senior Claim Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 27, 2016
Excellent work environment, good training available, co-workers are awesome, vacation and benefits package is one of the best. I would recommend working for this company to anyone who might be interested.
As to be expected for worker's comp
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2016
It was an enjoyable place to work, The West Loop location is not ideal, mostly the reason I left. Also management does not support there staff when in a tight situation. Favoritism is a big factor in this company.
Avoid at all costs
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2016
Worst management ever; This is a company for poor performers; Supervisor and managers diaries are so far behind they can't call you out for yours, but that doesn't stop the hypocracy. Lots of "play time." No customer focus. Blatant favoritism, which will get you lower caseloads. So much corporate bureaucracy for such a small company. My experience was the total opposite of what they brag about on their website.
Pros
No supervision. Great job for slackers.
Cons
Be prepared to clean up others' messes when they don't do their jobs.
Each and every person worked well together as a team to make sure all task were met.
WC Med Adjuster (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLNovember 12, 2015
Working with the Workers Comp team at CCMSI was like working with your family. Everyone did their part to make sure every task was met and completed. If you were new no one was to busy that they could not assist you with understanding and helping you fit in. Management was always available to give you the training you needed to accomplish your goals.
Pros
Encouraged to suceed, welcoming, free breakfast and lunches
Time Ill-Spent
Prospective Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2015
More resume collection. They have no sensitivity to the search efforts of the person behind the resume. It's very difficult to fly with eagles when turkeys like this are in your way.
Stable company to work for
Claims Rep (Current Employee) –  new yorkOctober 19, 2015
Stable company to work for. Well managed company. They treat their employees well. Pretty good benefits and lots of time off.
Pros
Ample vacation, time off
Cons
questionable job security
They have a great claims system
Medical only Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2015
I love their claim system and the one for paying the bills. It was very easy to learn and operate.

Great co-workers and loved helping them.

I enjoyed learning the CHI (client handling instructions) and their systems. Easy to learn.

They had flex hours and that was great.
Awful
Claims (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSJuly 16, 2015
Local management / superviser is (at best) incompetent. Terrible work environment. High employee turnover. New employees are provided very little and very poor training, then expected to assume a work load that was extremely backlogged before the last person left, several weeks before. Co-workers are helpful but most have lots of their own work to do and don't have time to help out. Although the company says otherwise, caseloads are way too high. Good riddance !
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
See above
Productive and busy work place
Claim Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 25, 2015
A typical work day would consist of checking my e-mails and assisting adjusters with daily work assignments. I worked independently performing my job duties, which consisted of answering and returning phone calls, setting up files, copying files, logged medical records and processed bills. Management was helpful and always available when needed. I worked with great co-workers and we had excellent team work. Over the years I learned many of the computer skills needed to perform my job duties. I have developed organizational skills and timely productivity.
Pros
Attorneys and vendors would occasionally buy lunch.
Cons
Capped out on salary
Great work environment with good benefits
Medical-Only Adjuster / Lost-Time Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIDecember 26, 2014
I have been a workers compensation adjuster for 5 years but prefer medical billing as I have done that for over 10 years. I am familiar with collection reports, processing payments, coding, diagnosis codes. I am an excellent worker that takes her job seriously. I just moved to Ohio with my daughter and need to find a job that I am qualified for.
Pros
Pay that is based on work experience and hard work
Cons
Great benefits
productive
CLAIMS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJSeptember 18, 2014
was very good i learned a lot from work at ccmsi i got long with my
coworker
Pros
provder brough in lunch
Cons
healtcare was not to good
Company is what it is....
Claims Adjuster/Sr. Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJAugust 7, 2014
Management/Supervisors need an overhaul. Paycheck does not compensate for work load.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, work hours
Cons
Micromanaging, Lay offs while out on vacation or FMLA leave
Nice place to work
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 20, 2014
Office environment is very friendly. Clients were very nice. Very fast paced day to day.
excellent company to work for
SENIOR CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Management is excellent and always helpful. Smaller case loads were a plus
Excellent!
Workers Compensation Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 5, 2014
Great Place to work! Co-workers are very friendly. Excellent Benefits.
I think better communication with managers would be helpful.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJOctober 15, 2013
I worked from home and independently. I enjoyed working without distractions but at the same time I do enjoy working with others. My co-workers were only a call away and very helpful. My supervisor was helpful if I did need to contact him. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and being able to communicate with my clients so well that I worked with.
Pros
Being able to work from home.
Cons
Not being around other co-works all the once in a while.
Claim Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MISeptember 27, 2013
Very customer focused.

Team concept and we worked very well together.

Pride in accomplishment.

Open door with management and they were always willing to listen to recommendations.
Don't waste your time....
Claim Rep (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NJAugust 11, 2013
Bad management, could care less about the employees, no raises, expected to make this work your life, frequent turnover even though they claim to like "longevity", has the attitude that you should be lucky to work here. Also very much have to be in a clique and you can do anything....seems those who work hard get the short end of the stick.
Pros
Cons
Management, company attitude, frequent turnover, it's a "who you know" atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCMSI. Our community is ready to answer.