CCRES Employee Reviews

Great job
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJanuary 1, 2018
You Need to enjoy working with kids with special needs or behavioral psychology issues. Work in schools of choice with children of all stages, elementary school, middle school, high school.
Ok place
TSS Worker (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAAugust 29, 2017
This place is not actually a place it is.more like a independent contracting company who are willing to with old taxes. There are several required trainings but it's not guaranteed work hours. If you have a high need case you will have work. Once your child improves the hours reduce.
Tss
Therapeutic Staff Support/PCA (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAAugust 20, 2017
good hours, and pay. The managers are nice and seem to want to help the TSS and PCAs. Have worked there since January 2017. Good company to work for..
Productive and fun workplace
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 17, 2017
I love all the employee I work with and the individuals in the house. The manager is understanding and I love the fact that you can cross train and pick up hours at other houses.
great job to finish master degree
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 11, 2017
I had a lovely assignment within CCRES, working with a student that needed assistance for safety reasons. I was given all the tools I needed to do my daily job, well. Pays well and did not add any stress in my life.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
no benefits
Great company
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJune 1, 2017
I absolutely love working for CCRES! It is definitely a great opportunity. The staff are great and very responsive. They also provide great trainings for the staff.
Summary of CCRES
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMay 30, 2017
CCRES is a challenging position where one can work with disabled or troubled youth. It has an extensive training period and it provides an on site case manager that one can refer to if necessary. It is not a full time position with benefits.
Pros
support system in place
Cons
no benefits
Excellent example of professionalism
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMay 21, 2017
Excellent example of professionalism in the work place. BSC's are supportive and always available. HR dept and Joe V. specifically are AMAZING. I am so proud to be a part of CCRES.
Pros
hours work around my children's schedule & excellent pay for industry
Cons
only good for individuals fresh out of school
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAFebruary 16, 2017
This was a great place to start out at but it really did not have no room for advancement in the company. I reached my cap rate within 6 months. Also if I wanted to receive my full 40 hours a week I would have to pick up extra cases outside of my regular assigned case which would take me away from my family
CCRES is a great place to work
TSS (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJune 5, 2016
CCRES is a great agency to work for. They pay for all the training they ask of you, and it does not take long to get cases. They are very supportive of their employees and are always available to talk to if you are having any issues. If you are straight out of college, it is a great place to start, the pay is great! compared to other competing similar jobs.
Pros
They pay for all training
Cons
You might not be be guaranteed full-time job
Flexible and great job
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PANovember 23, 2015
I love this company. It is one of the highest paying companies for work for in the Chester county area for the positions posted. They are flexible and are always helpful.
Pros
works around your schedule
Cons
not full time
alright work place
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toughkenamon, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Not great at work and life balance
will not back you up
I loved working with the rest of the employees but sometimes did not feel respected by supervisors at the school
Hostile case managers
TSS, PCA (Former Employee) –  Chester County, PAMarch 2, 2014
Working with the clients was delightful, also the flexibility in scheduling cases was very helpful with my schedule. You will make a powerful impact on children's lives and you will get to see it, and if you can focus just on that and have a very tough skin, this is a good job for you. A few case managers are thoughtful and have excellent clinical skills, however most seem to take themselves and their position very seriously, and often are punitive and very directive in their orders. I'm assuming their manager comes down on them very hard on a daily basis, or they have very difficult personal lives. Toxic treatment of entry level workers can result in a negative and unhealthy work environment. CCRES management thrives on competition and totalitarian management style. There is no sensitivity training for supervisors and BSCs or accountability other than clinical supervision, therefore they have free reign of how they speak to, treat, and interact with entry level TSS and PCA's. Upper level management will explain and teach that entry level employees main job is to make supervisors like them, which may require remaining silent and unresponsive to maltreatment.
Pros
High wages
Cons
Emotional/verbal abuse from higher ups, very negative work environment as everyone is polite however no one really likes each other, very corporate
Couldn't get out fast enough!
Behavior Specialist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Working for CCRES was a great way to add my first real professional experience onto my resume. This is also a great job for working parents who want a flexible schedule, part-time work, and don't need benefits. However, they advertised the Behavior Specialist positions as if there were full time positions available. When I interviewed they said they didn't know if there were, even though they were posted as available. They said I could always build up my caseload to full time and transition to a full time with benefits position. This was not the reality. In fact, they were cutting full time positions. It took me about a year to build up a caseload, and I ended up having to contract with an additional company to do this. I had to take any open case I could. The cases were not distributed geographically, so I would be driving two hours between clients. As time went on, more and more restrictions as to what was "billable" cut down the amount I was getting paid for the amount of work I did. In addition, the amount of ridiculous paperwork increased. Originally travel was reimbursed at about $2 per 15 minutes of driving, but then they cut that and there was no travel reimbursement. No reimbursement for materials or supplies. Originally we could use the teacher resource center located in the CCIU building, but then they cut that because we weren't technically employees of the CCIU. My biggest complaint is that the clinical administration, supervision, and case management came from a completely different company, CCIU. All those employees were full time salaried with benefits and  more... vacations. Also, the clinical supervisor was not even trained in behavior interventions so going to "supervision" was a joke. "Oh but you can write it off" they would say. I don't think they understood what that means. All that means is you don't get taxed on that portion of your salary. You don't actually get a reimbursement for the expenses. You don't control the amount you're getting paid. It was flat rate of $45 an hour for master's level BCBAs, which sounds like a lot, but it really was not with the difficulty getting clients and the amount of unbillable prep work and travel time that went into the cases. My TSS told me there was never a cost of living increase in the ten years she had worked for them. Have they ever heard of inflation? There was pretty high turn over as employees built up their resume and could find full-time positions somewhere else. TSS would last about a year and then leave. Clients were not happy with the high turn over, understandably. However, the company was not doing anything to keep employees. Oh wait...we weren't employees, we were independent contractors.  less
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
independent contracting, low billing rate, many required tasks were not billable
a typical day at work
Autism Therapist (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PASeptember 29, 2013
I will have to meet the client at his bus stop, and escort him to his class. i will observed, as he put his bag and jacket in his locker and i will escort him to the auditorium for morning announcement. I will escort him to his classes and to the cafe! i will verbally redirect him when it is necessary. At the end of school day, i will escort him to the bus.
Pros
make sure he is where he suppose to be.
Cons
give him break when necessary.
Not always a positive work environment.
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Community Education settingsAugust 26, 2013
The hardest part of the job was integrating oneself into various school district environments. The most rewarding part of the job was helping students accomplish positive goals with their education.
Pros
Ability to choose where, or what part of a county to work
Cons
Difficulty maintaining a full time schedule
great cases
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Delaware County, PAJanuary 1, 2013
Okay Company to work for, great cases. Providing Educational and Behavioral Health Services to Individuals in need. TSS follows behavioral plans and models interventions for each child.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCRES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9