CCS Medical Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Opportunity
Insulin Pump Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 10, 2016
A typical day at CCS medical was nothing less than rewarding. Excellent and competitive pay for the healthcare industry with the opportunity for growth within the company.
Pros
pay, benefits, team
Cons
Very productive and easy to learn new things
Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2016
CCS was a fun place to work, we were always learning new things. Always learning how to do something new on the computer or how to do something new with a claim.
Pros
overtime, benefits, paid vacations
Cons
Big companies are bought or sold and go out of business
Make sure patient accounts are consistent and complete
Customer Care Services (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work consists in completed a variety of goal-oriented departmental tasks. Review all physician orders for processing all required medical documentation to permit timely billing. Also made multiple outbound and inbound calls regarding patients, needs. I kept management inform as well as work hard as a teem player. I enjoyed helping the patients understand their supply orders.
Pros
doing what ever it take to get customer order ship out on time.
Cons
compassion for ill patient
Great place to work ,great traing program willing to help you to the best employee
Pharmacy tech / NCE Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
A typical day watching everyone smiling about the work they do insisting patient and nurse at the Doctor office , I learn to be respectful and accurate with note taking and be consistence with our co-worker treating as a team player never blaming each other. hardest part of the Job was to say goodbye to the people I work with for 12 years. the most enjoyable was taking care of the patient knowing that we made a different.
Pros
great benefit
Cons
Job ended
Strict Productivity Quanity over Quality they only care about numbers in not patients
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 12, 2016
Overall laid back minimum supervision, lack of training and materials. Very fast pace of learning all insurance's you move on so face before u learn the basics. Great working hours, 1 hour or 30 min lunch its your choice. Over time available. High turn over rate if you dont catch on within the first 3 weeks you will be let go if they cant find another position.
Cons
TRAINING, very cold keep the A/C below 60 all day no head phones very boring
Busy production all day, never a dull moment.,
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pick, pack, and ship medical supplies to patients in all 50 states which gives one a feeling of self gratitude for helping others.
CCS has given me the oppurtunity to learn about medical supplies and what is needed for patients with specific medical conditions. The manager is easy to work with and experienced in this field. Co-workers have great chemistry which makes production smoother on a normal work day.
Pros
busy environment, very little turnover
Cons
no chance for advancement in the near future and current salary. no bonus compensation.
Educational experiance at this Job
Customer Service and Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 21, 2016
During my work history with this company I had the opportunity to learn multiple insurances companies and insurance documentation requirements.
Pros
Learning Experiance
Cons
Slow advancement opportunities
Industry oriented and Productivity driven
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Will allow use of skills and knowledge within their boundaries. Team members are knowledgeable in their area of expertise. Diverse culture.
Pros
Work schedule can be flexible
Cons
Point system not employee friendly
This was a growing healthcare provider
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 24, 2015
I was the IT Manager at the company handling all IT duties. The company grew very fast so there was much change management during my tenure. I developed several internal software applications that were successfully used for many years. I upgraded all of the technology from networks to phone systems to desktop equipment. I also advised business managers on technical processes and how to help their teams become more efficient using technology. I taught new hires on the use of our software systems. Overall I enjoyed this job, and the pay was excellent.
Pros
Great pay, great environment
Cons
Company grew fast and got purchased by several other larger companies, causing stress for the employees
Call Center
Patient Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 11, 2016
To much drama with other employees. Low pay and the management was also full of drama. But enjoyed helping the customers.
Pros
Cons
Over all bad company to work for.
was very stress-full
PATIENT COLLECTIONS REP (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 26, 2013
call center environment take calls all day answer patients questions about billing issues document files try to be a quick as possible to help and go to the next call . Take 50 calls most patients were upset about their bill and do not understand their insurance and there were other duties to complete .You had to educate the senior on the medicare programs .I was in a different department was very happy and was transitioned to this department with out my consent. I Did not do well under the stress and was eventually let go after 8 years .The company was laying off people and letting people go .New ceo lived in Texas and wanted the billing department to move to Texas .Management was unfair too much favoritism . The best part of the job was the benefits and the pay was great but, not at the expense of my health.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
job was stress-full and unfair management
awful place to work and repeating mistakes again
Reveneu Cycle - Physician contact specilaist (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TxOctober 10, 2013
I would give them a 2.5 overll rating because there has never been any improvement to their customers nor to their employees. Within 11 months of employment, they completely changed management twice going from bad to worse. Their numbers kept declining. There policies changed on a daily basis. Numbers were created every day and that was all that mattered. They let go 7 to 9 employees on a weekly basis. They had no regard for the patients, only numbers. They had a absolutely no respect for employees unless you were one brought in from the previous co. before bankruptcy. They hire temporary so that there was no job security, benefits. Quality and experience had no value to management, just how fast you could type out data, therefore patient relations had no value.
Even though being temporary, I would not accepted a permanent position because of their lack of values, quality service, and very poor management.
Again overall rating due to my department and experience 2.5
Helping people with chronic diseases.
Point of Care Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 9, 2012
Typical work day consist of me reviewing the day's schedule, writing referrals for diabetic patients, input data from returned/signed referrals from doctor/nurse practioner, call patient to go over benefits, scheduled shipment of supplies.

Learned the preventitive care for diabetes, healthy eating habits and use of diabetic supplies.

Management great to work with. Open door policy.

Co-workers friendly and knowledgable of the job and extremely helpful.

Hardest part of job is coercing patients to change from current home delivery supplier.

The most enjoyable part of job is working independently and getting the job done...
Pros
independent work
Cons
management in a different state
Strictly work,very structure
Payment Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 31, 2016
The workplace is strongly monitored. Basically a typical work day. The co-workers are friendly. The most hardest part of the job is making sure all the work is done.
I enjoyed working for ccs medical . Everyday was an adventure .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 18, 2013
A typical day at ccs was pretty laid back , except at the end of the month . The end of every month was crunch time due to insurance policys . I learned a lot working for ccs , I learned how and why our pateints use urology , ostomy, and incontinance supplies. I got along very well with management our manager had a pretty colse relationship with all his workers . The hardest part of my job was when I heard of the lay off and saying bye after almost 5 years of service . The most enjoyable part of my job was the people, we had a wide varity of people from all different walks of life .
Pros
free lunches, birthday cakes, empolyee apprecition
benefits
CCS Medical had good people working there, nice breakroom
Insurance Verification Tech (Former Employee) –  Brandon FloridaAugust 3, 2015
As an Insurance verification Tech involved comparing patient insurance coverage's against products requested by the patient to ensure payment. This was continuous throughout your shift. I did learn various computer systems associated with medicare, medicaid and numerous other insurances. Management towards the end of the company actually closing was quite good, previously, some employees were more knowledgeable than management. Good co-workers.
Pros
Good co-workers, knowledge of various insurance workings
Cons
No where to grow, Management was a little weak, they made us feel secure, then closed the facility.
A temp job
Temp/ Reimbursement Insurance Re-Verification (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2012
Making outbound calls to insurance companies to obtain benefit information.
Evaluate insurance coverage to determine compatibility with CCS Medical’s program. Determine which of the selection of products are appropriate based on patient needs and insurance benefit plan.
Update and re-file claims when necessary.
Communicate directly with patients regarding their insurance benefits and coordination with CCS Medical products and programs.
Assist other office personnel in the performance of their duties as assigned and as the workload permits.
Participate in on-going training for compliance, product information and insurance
benefits to augment knowledge of procedures, regulations, and products.
Follow Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance regulations and requirements.
Pros
help patients
Cons
temp job
Professional staff, qualified, forward moving with education
Certified Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 12, 2012
CCS Medical is an as needed job for me since 2007. I have always been treated with respect, diginity, and professionalism. Everything changes daily. Sometimes there are months gaps in request for my CDE work. I always look forward to the changes and adapt easily.
continuous change, although desired, as a PRN was the most difficult of the process. Co workers were exceptional at what they do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the continuous contact with diabetes patients who need assistance and constant learning experience with insulin pumps, new medications, new injectables.
Pros
great prn salary
Cons
not permanent, on my own
Fast pace work environment, I loved being able to help patients get there medical supplies
Patient Accounts Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 30, 2014
The company is very large, there was always ways to advance. i was well trained in medical terminology, insurance verification. wonderful co-workers, the hardest part of the job was telling patients there insurance wouldnt cover the supplies they needed
Pros
great pay, 401k chances to move up
Cons
frequent changes in management
Stressfree work place
Billing & Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 6, 2013
Management are very professional and considarate. The company sent employees to various training and seminars to educate about the products, sales , customer service and microsoft office software.I learned to read and interpret billing documents. My co- workers are fun to work with and everyone is a team player.
Pros
good benefits, gift certificate if we reach our goal and finished a special project
Cons
na