CCS Medical

CCS Medical Employee Reviews

ok job but terrible hours
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: you get 40 hours a week and ot if wanted
Cons: daily changes on major thing
CCS Medical is not the worst place to work; for me personally I did not like the hours. The work was fine and the staff is wonderful. At CCS Medical the only hard part was the different changes not daily but sometimes hourly, but the y made sure there were hot sheets and handout to go by!
awful place to work and repeating mistakes again
Reveneu Cycle - Physician contact specilaist (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TxOctober 10, 2013
I would give them a 2.5 overll rating because there has never been any improvement to their customers nor to their employees. Within 11 months of employment, they completely changed management twice going – more... from bad to worse. Their numbers kept declining. There policies changed on a daily basis. Numbers were created every day and that was all that mattered. They let go 7 to 9 employees on a weekly basis. They had no regard for the patients, only numbers. They had a absolutely no respect for employees unless you were one brought in from the previous co. before bankruptcy. They hire temporary so that there was no job security, benefits. Quality and experience had no value to management, just how fast you could type out data, therefore patient relations had no value.
Even though being temporary, I would not accepted a permanent position because of their lack of values, quality service, and very poor management.
Again overall rating due to my department and experience 2.5 – less
I enjoy my job, However the company in the near future is moving to Dallas,TX and I am not abel to wait till tehy move to find a new job
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 9, 2013
Pros: i am abel to help people
Cons: not being able to send the old people the medications they need
I have learned how to handel stressful situations, how to calm angry patients, Some managers are better than others, My coworkers are great, The most enjoyable part of my is when I know that I have helped – more... some one and made their day better. The hardes part of my job is to tell a 90 year old woman I can't send her the medications she needs because she can not afford the copayment. I take 80-90 calls a day and place orders for medications and diebetic teting suppies, take copays and track shipments. What ever projects management would give I will do – less
Documentation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, AVSeptember 24, 2013
The team had no real structure. Everyone pretty much did what they wanted when they wanted. The management could only focus on number and not work ethic. I enjoyed talking with the various doctors offices and patients and also enjoyed my work but the environment was awful!
Progressive and innovative company.
Medical Supply Liaison (Current Employee), Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Vast knowledge of wound care, dressings and devices.

Relationship building with physicians and office staff.

Outside marketing to establish new business.
Very Unstable Company
Manager, Revenue Cycle Cash Applications (Former Employee), Dallas, TexxasSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: poor staff training, uneven core values, little strategy
Once management changed in early 2013, this company was unable to continue their previous successes.
very put together place / team work a plus
account receivable billing clerk (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 28, 2013
learn alot with DME supplies as i work only for clinic . Work as a team which accomplish a lot claims to be paid. Always played games to keep our team movitated
CCS Medical The Leader in D.M.E.
MEDICAL REIMBURSEMENT COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits & pto & working with great people
Cons: 10 point termination system should be banned.
CCS Medical is well known nationwide as being the leader in urology, ostomy and diabetic supplies for patients all over the United States.

My typical day was to collect on outstanding medical claims and – more... deliver quality customer service to valued patients all over the country. I learned how to please customers while generating revenue and that I was also considered to be a valued employee for delivering quality customer service.

The management focused on creating an excellent environment for it's employees to work effectively in order to please patients and ultimately create lasting relationships with valued customers.

My co-workers to this day are some of my best friends I have in the world. While working there it was apparent that everyone had a very positive, courteous and friendly attitude which made every single day more hopeful. The working environment allowed us all to work together, achieving our goals and create lasting friendships.

The most enjoyable part of this job was having the skill and the ability to please both the patients who were valued customers and the management team. We always tried to work together with each other no matter what to make things happen for the well being of our patients.

The hardest part of the job was actually leaving the job. By the time I left that job I didn't realize how many people I actually cared for every day and how many people actually depended on me to help them. Leaving there was not an easy choice for me to make and I will always respect the people with whom I worked. – less
Strong Company
Operations (Current Employee), Dallas, TxAugust 11, 2013
Wel managed DME company with strong Sr leadership. Customer driven and employee friendly. I enjoy coaching my 35 employees and overcoming the obsticals.
n/a
DOCUMENTATION REP (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: working hours, pay
Was a good company when dealing with their clients. Not alot of room for growth.
Positive Company Morale
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXAugust 6, 2013
CCS Medical provides a positive work environment, with positive resources. They provide up to date training and care for their customers, but most important for their employees.
Stressfree work place
Billing & Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: good benefits, gift certificate if we reach our goal and finished a special project
Cons: na
Management are very professional and considarate. The company sent employees to various training and seminars to educate about the products, sales , customer service and microsoft office software.I learned to read and interpret billing documents. My co- workers are fun to work with and everyone is a team player.
Aweful experience.
Revenue Cycle Specialist - DME (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TxJuly 27, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: the company did not know what they were doing...many hippa violations.
I wanted to narrow my experience in Revenue Cycle Management in one area. Learn another part in the Healthcare Industries DME supplier for Diabetic Patient's. Healthcare in our Nation is out of control. – more... Type II diabetes can be cured with education for Diabetic Patient's. Type I diabetes we can control until we find the exact cause of type I diabetes.

I have learned much about diabetes. CCS MEDICAL is a profit organization. I have never worked for an employer that did not know how to collect/bill medical claims to a carrier.

Hardest part of the job.

When I interviewed for a Revenue Cycles Specialist; Billing and collection on a/r accounts. They were going to put me into management once I learned their system. That is why I took the job at the time. That opportunity never existed. I believe in productivity. 45 accounts a day...normal non problem accounts which 45 a day is the standard for most companies then they increased it to 65 claims. You cannot work 65 Denied/Appeal claim a day. Impossible in order to get every penny you bill out and to do a good job. I did increase my collections in the Denial/appeals to a least 50 to 60 a day. CCS fired me with other well qualified workers due to the inability to meet production standards of 65 claims a day.

My co workers where my most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Good experience but constant turmoil between upper management and underlings
Executive Assistant to EVP/Chief Legal Officer (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: upper management
Wonderful work environment and co-workers (for the most part). Company was in state of transition coming out of a bankruptcy, constant changes, required lots of flexibility. Allowed me opportunity to develop new skills. Time to move on.
So sad
Just another employee (Current Employee), Dallas TXJuly 12, 2013
Pros: the coo
Cons: the interim ceo
Love the company as a whole, but the PEC doesn't have a clue. I feel for the assistants that were fired!
Loved it
Insulin Pump Specialist (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJuly 1, 2013
I loved working for CCS Medical. Not only was it all about the customers but the company made sure there workers were happy. I would get to work about 9am everyone in the office would go to lunch at 12-1 and you could leave at 5 or get overtime and work later
Great Company to work for.
Bilingual Patient Support Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
CCS is a Company committed to providing reliable home delivery of diabetes supplies, ensure high quality products and customer care to patients.

CCS Medical offer training for professional development .

The most enjoyable part of the job is to get it done and knowing that the patients will receive their supplies in a timely manner.
change
National Sales Manager L&D (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2013
constant change and no loyalty to long tenured employees not a good place to work for and build a career
Home Delivery DME Supplier Call Center Culture
Former Employee (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 17, 2013
Pros: there just aren't any to name any more...
Cons: absolutely no clear direction on where this company is going, where you stand as an employee, zero recognition 99% of the time, 2-3% raises if you are lucky
The company made an alarming amount of drastic and dramatic changes over the past 2.5 years. The Corporate office was moved from Clearwater, FL, place of company's inception, to Dallas, TX area. Entire – more... departments were eliminated as job duties were duplicated in the "New" Corporate office. As it turns out, many of the functions, especially the Billing Dept functions. were not so easily transitioned as the Senior Exec's had hoped, causing nightmare results for those left in the Sales Depts. in the Clearwater, FL office. Employees in Clearwater began to feel like second-class citizens in comparison to those who were hired in TX. Rapid and drastically changing job culture and atmosphere ensued and still does to this day.. If you are not cut out for daily changes in job direction, job description, job responsibilities and even changes in your immediate management team, DO NOT APPLY for a position with CCS Medical. If you posess the ability to jump up and down while spitting nickles with a smile on your face, then you will easily fit in! Oh, and if you are looking for job security... just ask any of the 200+ ex-employees (some with close to 20 years of service) how they feel about job security at CCS Medical, Clearwater campus. The Denver, CO, Savanah GA, Atlanta, GA, Pittsburg, PA, Columbus, OH locations have all been closed and those employees have lost their jobs.. there are very few functions remaining in the Roanoke, VA and Aneheim, CA locations.
I was fortunate enough to be a part of the "Old" CCS, and worked with and for some fantastic people. My heart goes out to those who are left fighting the fight each day, hanging on because they need a job badly and there are so few available out there... – less
Company management is very unstable and they do not show any compassion for the employees
Documentation/Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 12, 2013
Pros: flexibility for scheule
Cons: high turnover rate
I worked with wonderful coworkers and are very compassionate. The management does not listen to feedback about the work that is required of the employees.

About CCS Medical

CCS Medical Holdings knows that doorstep delivery is┬ájust a convenience for many, but it's critical for patients with chronic – Read more

CCS Medical Salaries