CCSD

CCSD Employee Reviews

Good District
Modified Ice Hockey Head Coach (Current Employee), West Nyack NyJuly 8, 2015
Friendly, helpful and fair. I enjoy working and coaching there. I desire to teach, and they do not have a teaching position for me.
Typical Day Working on the School Office
Health Clerk (Current Employee), Grayslake, ILJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Work 15 days only between June and July and holidays off.
Cons: Not aloud to have 2 15 mins breaks like the rest of the working forces.
There is never a dull moment working at a school office. The kids are kind, fun and cute when they come to see me. We the staff work together as a family! My bilingual skills aloud me to help parents, students and staff. With all the ice packs, attendance, teachers, phone calls and visitor to the building the day goes by fast. It is nice to feel you are coming to work to your second house with your second family!
Mixed
Regular and Special Ed Teacher, Facilitator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2015
Pros: Kids
Cons: Paperwork, computers
I worked for CCSD for seventeen years. Since I was a successful teacher, I was promoted to a supervisory position, Facilitator. After a couple years of management, I decided to return to the classroom. I have a passion for kids and prefer to expend my love and energy on them instead of pushing paper. As you can see from the notes of parents, I love helping kids with learning disabilities become successful. One of the highest points of my life is seeing my learning disabled kids graduate and go on to make good choices for their futures, believing in themselves.
Feeding the children at the schools
Clark County School district foodservic (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2015
Pros: Nice benefits
Cons: No raises
Typical day would be delivering food to the schools in an 8 hour time period. Over the years spent doing this I've learned that there will always be a need to nourish the children so they can be productive. There is a lot of change when it comes to management and a high turn over and inconsistency. Which of course brings no organization. For the most part there are great co-workers. Good people who do the small things to keep things together which is appreciated on my part. The hardest part of this job is dealing with too many changes and no investing in the technology in which can make things a lot smoother when it comes to keeping down the mishaps. The most enjoyable part is seeing the kids happy when i arrive with there lunch!
Teaching Students
Web Design Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2015
The environment depends upon the schools administration. Overall, everyone is generally nice and friendly-- some schools are more relaxed than others but it's a casual environment
Agreeable Expierience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas NevadaFebruary 28, 2015
Encountered no notable problems during my employment there, a great environment for an aspiring educator.

My days were well organized through sub central with defined goals that I completed regularly.
N/a
SPTA (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2015
Assist teacher with special needs students, such as Autism, Emotionally Disturbed, and other Specific Learning Disorders
Communication
Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: not enough hours
Being a part of this job taught me a lot of team work and that without it you will struggle. This job is a job of communication so in order for us to get what needs to be done we talk. My co-workers at first were sketchy about having a new person in the kitchen they didn't really want to help so fitting in and getting the flow of the kitchen would have probably been the hardest, it's a easy job. What I enjoy most about this job is being able to interact with the students at the school.
Bad, bad news
Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2014
Pros: some great schools
Cons: some bad schools
My first school was lovely. I got switched to another school across town and it was a nightmare.
enjoyed teaching high school and adult students to care for the elderly
CNA Instructor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2014
Pros: off the whole summer, no weekends and all holidays off
Cons: only instructor
my typical day started at 7:19 and ended at 2:15. i worked 5 days a week and had two classes each day. during those hours i taught my students how to care for the elderly. this class was a 18 week program which included clinical. in clinical the students had hands on experience. i learned how to put a lesson plan together and how to teach students from different cultures, just to name a few. my co-workers were terrific. if i had any issues the helped me to resolve them. the hardest part of working at CCSD was that i was the only instructor. i was responsible for every part of the program. i also had to tell a few students, after the final that they failed the course. i had to watch them cry and plead. the worst part was that they had to take the class again, which a few did. however, i enjoyed teaching. my students were great and they listened when i spoke. i would do anything for them so that they would be successful.
Overall a decent company with usually good standards and friendly co-workers.
Job Handler/ Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2014
A typical day consisted of being the first on the job in the morning, preparing the food and setting up all the stations as well as cooking and preparing the food so it was ready to serve and taking the customers orders and serving them as well as working at the cash register.
I also worked closing shift in which had been prepping food for the next day/morning as well as cleaning everything and turning off all the ovens/burners, dishes, taking out trash and making sure everything was spotless and up to expectations.
My co-workers and boss were friendly and I had worked with them for years,
the hardest part of the job had to be when we had to prepare all the food for the following day on the days that there were shorter classes or assemblies that gave us half the time to complete the same amount of work as well as cleaning everything the same up to company standards.
The most enjoyable part had to be all the variety of people I had dealt with daily, the teamwork and bonding between us co-workers and the overall feeling of accomplishments when I would finish a hard task to company standards with time to spare.
great people open and friendly
SCHOOL CAFETERIA WORKER (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2014
i learn many skills throughout the day like how to set up my work station. how to prepare what is needed to be prepared. Also how to keep a productive and clean area. management is nice and teaches me a lot. she gives me tips on how to do my work easier and calls me out when i'm doing something wrong. My co workers and i have a great set up and divide the days work and productively get our work done. The most easiest part of my job is cleaning up i enjoy cleaning and do a great job at it.
Great job!
ELL teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2014
Great!!! I would recommend it to anyone interested in teaching.
A Long Battle
Teacher and Coach K-12 (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV.August 21, 2014
Pros: good work schedules
Cons: discountinuous philosphical edges
Great insurance, schedules, and great to work with students!
wasnt for me
Temp. food service (Former Employee), hendersonMay 4, 2014
it was temporary and only 3 hours wasn't great needed a different job
good job for single people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2014
Pros: good benifits.
Cons: making room for 1200-pounds of food and various milks and juices
loading the truck for deliveries at various grade schools around town.management was good-co-workers are good-moving food off the truck without spilling the carts.-
If you love kids you'l love the job
Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: great benifits
Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great teachers
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 12, 2014
I learned time management and behavior management. The hardest part is not having my own classroom.
I like working with CCSD Student Workers.
ClarkCountySchoolDistrict Student Worker. (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: my ideas were considered
Cons: not so many hours
MY typical day at work was fun and exciting. My co-workers were great and good helpers. The hardest part of working is leaving the wood shop. My instructor had a great management.
Productive approach to matching skill and personality.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2013
Pros: very helpful management.
Cons: there was no future for advancing in teaching.
I believe it was helpful for me and my profession. I also think I tried my best to help the schools and the children in general.

I learned about many students with different backgrounds and how to help them individually.

The hardest part of the job was to travel from one school to another every day.

The most enjoyable part was the time spent solving problems presented by students.

CCSD Salaries