CCSD Employee Reviews

good job
custodian (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
a very nice company to be apart of, its not hard just cleaning the school after the kids are out for the day. I clean bathrooms and vacuum floors
Pros
benifits
Cons
labor disputes
Not a stress free environment
Temporary Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  North Las VegasSeptember 26, 2015
I work here in food service. I haven't worked for a school district before. I didn't think this would be a stressful job but it is. If someone didn't take the correct temperatures on cold food, EVERYONE gets the blame, even if you weren't there at work when it happened!! It's too many "cooks" in the kitchen. Everybody wants to show you how to do something their way. Simple isn't good enough. It has to be difficult. Student workers are lazy, they're loud, they steal food, and they don't follow directions. Directions are constantly being repeated.

The cafeteria manager is not being consistent with the flow of work. One day is this way, the next day is that way. She frustrates us and the student workers. Coworkers complain daily. The pay is low, hours are short, and we're overworked. School district doesn't want to pay us more, make us permanent, full time, or pay benefits. Its hard to become a 4.1 level employee. From what I see, 4.1 level employees don't do manual labor like us temps do. It's less responsibility.

It's probably a high turnover rate. No wonder why they're still hiring... No one wants to work these short hours with low pay, not even senior citizens. Cafeteria managers and their supervisors don't know how to treat their workers nor do we feel appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overworked for less money, short hours, no advancement, temporary, no benefits, understaffed
Good school system
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2015
Even though I only actually worked 6 days and had an orientation, most of the jobs were in the schools and not in the offices where most of my experience is, but a great company for anyone wanting to be a teacher or substitute.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
didn't get to stay in Student Records
productive and fun place with pool table.
school bus driver (Current Employee) –  arville yardAugust 10, 2015
I had to work early in the morning. I signed in at 5:30 a.m., do my bus inspection and start the first group of students for a special ed. school. when I was done at school I had a little break the I had to go to the next school to complete my first part of the day. The second part was returning them home. (almost the same proses). I had a very good T.O.A. and co-workers very respectful.
Pros
It is nice to drive, I love it.
Cons
comfortable condition as: friendship happy and togetther in the job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2015
We are always to help anything in the job and happy friendship with everyone in the timesheet, and we think that work same as us home jobs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breacks
Nice people to work with but, boggled down with paperwork.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2015
Teachers really cared about their students & families. Many rules to allow them to teach the way they should. Guidelines very strict and listed. Little room for imagination.
Pros
Great teamwork.
CCSD was a very relaxing,calm, and friendly environment.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2015
My typical day would depend on what my assignment was that day. Some days I have traWsh duties, some days are bathroom duties. What I normally do is come in, check in with supervisor and they give the daily assignment. I learned that being a part of a team is very crucial when working together. If one person is slacking, it's like a domino effect and causes everybody else to fall as well.
Pros
If you had free time after your work was done, you were able to relax before your shift ended.
Cons
There was a lack of communication.
Good District
Modified Ice Hockey Head Coach (Current Employee) –  West Nyack NyJuly 8, 2015
Friendly, helpful and fair. I enjoy working and coaching there. I desire to teach, and they do not have a teaching position for me.
Typical Day Working on the School Office
Health Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJuly 6, 2015
There is never a dull moment working at a school office. The kids are kind, fun and cute when they come to see me. We the staff work together as a family! My bilingual skills aloud me to help parents, students and staff. With all the ice packs, attendance, teachers, phone calls and visitor to the building the day goes by fast. It is nice to feel you are coming to work to your second house with your second family!
Pros
Work 15 days only between June and July and holidays off.
Cons
Not aloud to have 2 15 mins breaks like the rest of the working forces.
Mixed
Regular and Special Ed Teacher, Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2015
I worked for CCSD for seventeen years. Since I was a successful teacher, I was promoted to a supervisory position, Facilitator. After a couple years of management, I decided to return to the classroom. I have a passion for kids and prefer to expend my love and energy on them instead of pushing paper. As you can see from the notes of parents, I love helping kids with learning disabilities become successful. One of the highest points of my life is seeing my learning disabled kids graduate and go on to make good choices for their futures, believing in themselves.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Paperwork, computers
Feeding the children at the schools
Clark County School district foodservic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2015
Typical day would be delivering food to the schools in an 8 hour time period. Over the years spent doing this I've learned that there will always be a need to nourish the children so they can be productive. There is a lot of change when it comes to management and a high turn over and inconsistency. Which of course brings no organization. For the most part there are great co-workers. Good people who do the small things to keep things together which is appreciated on my part. The hardest part of this job is dealing with too many changes and no investing in the technology in which can make things a lot smoother when it comes to keeping down the mishaps. The most enjoyable part is seeing the kids happy when i arrive with there lunch!
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
No raises
Teaching Students
Web Design Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2015
The environment depends upon the schools administration. Overall, everyone is generally nice and friendly-- some schools are more relaxed than others but it's a casual environment
Agreeable Expierience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaFebruary 28, 2015
Encountered no notable problems during my employment there, a great environment for an aspiring educator.

My days were well organized through sub central with defined goals that I completed regularly.
N/a
SPTA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2015
Assist teacher with special needs students, such as Autism, Emotionally Disturbed, and other Specific Learning Disorders
Communication
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2014
Being a part of this job taught me a lot of team work and that without it you will struggle. This job is a job of communication so in order for us to get what needs to be done we talk. My co-workers at first were sketchy about having a new person in the kitchen they didn't really want to help so fitting in and getting the flow of the kitchen would have probably been the hardest, it's a easy job. What I enjoy most about this job is being able to interact with the students at the school.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
not enough hours
Bad, bad news
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2014
My first school was lovely. I got switched to another school across town and it was a nightmare.
Pros
some great schools
Cons
some bad schools
enjoyed teaching high school and adult students to care for the elderly
CNA Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2014
my typical day started at 7:19 and ended at 2:15. i worked 5 days a week and had two classes each day. during those hours i taught my students how to care for the elderly. this class was a 18 week program which included clinical. in clinical the students had hands on experience. i learned how to put a lesson plan together and how to teach students from different cultures, just to name a few. my co-workers were terrific. if i had any issues the helped me to resolve them. the hardest part of working at CCSD was that i was the only instructor. i was responsible for every part of the program. i also had to tell a few students, after the final that they failed the course. i had to watch them cry and plead. the worst part was that they had to take the class again, which a few did. however, i enjoyed teaching. my students were great and they listened when i spoke. i would do anything for them so that they would be successful.
Pros
off the whole summer, no weekends and all holidays off
Cons
only instructor
Overall a decent company with usually good standards and friendly co-workers.
Job Handler/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2014
A typical day consisted of being the first on the job in the morning, preparing the food and setting up all the stations as well as cooking and preparing the food so it was ready to serve and taking the customers orders and serving them as well as working at the cash register.
I also worked closing shift in which had been prepping food for the next day/morning as well as cleaning everything and turning off all the ovens/burners, dishes, taking out trash and making sure everything was spotless and up to expectations.
My co-workers and boss were friendly and I had worked with them for years,
the hardest part of the job had to be when we had to prepare all the food for the following day on the days that there were shorter classes or assemblies that gave us half the time to complete the same amount of work as well as cleaning everything the same up to company standards.
The most enjoyable part had to be all the variety of people I had dealt with daily, the teamwork and bonding between us co-workers and the overall feeling of accomplishments when I would finish a hard task to company standards with time to spare.
great people open and friendly
SCHOOL CAFETERIA WORKER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2014
i learn many skills throughout the day like how to set up my work station. how to prepare what is needed to be prepared. Also how to keep a productive and clean area. management is nice and teaches me a lot. she gives me tips on how to do my work easier and calls me out when i'm doing something wrong. My co workers and i have a great set up and divide the days work and productively get our work done. The most easiest part of my job is cleaning up i enjoy cleaning and do a great job at it.
Great job!
ELL teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2014
Great!!! I would recommend it to anyone interested in teaching.