CCSD

CCSD Employer Reviews

great people open and friendly
SCHOOL CAFETERIA WORKER (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2014
i learn many skills throughout the day like how to set up my work station. how to prepare what is needed to be prepared. Also how to keep a productive and clean area. management is nice and teaches me a lot. she gives me tips on how to do my work easier and calls me out when i'm doing something wrong. My co workers and i have a great set up and divide – more... the days work and productively get our work done. The most easiest part of my job is cleaning up i enjoy cleaning and do a great job at it. – less
Great job!
ELL teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2014
Great!!! I would recommend it to anyone interested in teaching.
A Long Battle
Teacher and Coach K-12 (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV.August 21, 2014
Pros: good work schedules
Cons: discountinuous philosphical edges
Great insurance, schedules, and great to work with students!
wasnt for me
Temp. food service (Former Employee), hendersonMay 4, 2014
it was temporary and only 3 hours wasn't great needed a different job
good job for single people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2014
Pros: good benifits.
Cons: making room for 1200-pounds of food and various milks and juices
loading the truck for deliveries at various grade schools around town.management was good-co-workers are good-moving food off the truck without spilling the carts.-
If you love kids you'l love the job
Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 14, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: great benifits
Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great teachers
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 12, 2014
I learned time management and behavior management. The hardest part is not having my own classroom.
I like working with CCSD Student Workers.
ClarkCountySchoolDistrict Student Worker. (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: my ideas were considered
Cons: not so many hours
MY typical day at work was fun and exciting. My co-workers were great and good helpers. The hardest part of working is leaving the wood shop. My instructor had a great management.
Productive approach to matching skill and personality.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2013
Pros: very helpful management.
Cons: there was no future for advancing in teaching.
I believe it was helpful for me and my profession. I also think I tried my best to help the schools and the children in general.

I learned about many students with different backgrounds and how to help them individually.

The hardest part of the job was to travel from one school to another every day.

The most enjoyable part was the time spent solving – more... problems presented by students. – less
I have always found my work place a pleasant environment, since I demand too much. I can acclamatize to the atmosphere and do my contributions.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), At present, I work at Western High SchoolOctober 6, 2013
At every place, I had worked to the best of my ability and honestly. I have never missed to learn from my colleagues, who could help me or teach me what I didn't know. I am a down to earth person, who is not shy to ask what I don't know. Hence, some knowledge accumulates all the time. You don't know something, only until you learn it.

I thank everybody – more... at all those people who helped me. – less
Definitely worth it
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 3, 2013
I loved working for CCSD. They really care about the students.
work day
Food Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2013
Pros: cooking, prepping food, working with children
Cons: not enough hours
working with children , counting the children that came in to eat, counting the leftovers, prepping and cooking the food serving the children. cleaning dishes & kitchen. Storing the food and prepping for the next day .
Productive and Educational Place For Children
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2013
Day to day basis is to entertain and make fun with the children. As you work more, the more the kids will adapt to you. The staff crew are awesome with great minds and smiles. All Fun! The hardest part of the job is patience with the children, but it will build as you go. I enjoy the children presence most of all, because of their wonderful hearts.
Positive work enviroment with a helpful staff.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2013
Pros: large and diverse school system.
Cons: gas when it came to travel.
Enjoyed facing new challenges each day. Was able to teach at many different schools and many different grade levels. Fellow teachers and aides were always helpful. Felt fulfilled and like I was making a difference at the end of the work day.
Great job if you have children
ESL/PEP Tutor (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILMarch 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: division between teachers and tutors at times
The hours were perfect if you're raising children at the same time. Really enjoyed working with children and met many teachers that were so devoted to their jobs.
Long hours, never enough time, too many furlough days
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Bells Ferry ElementaryFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: it was very rewarding to see the light come on when students "got" what i was teaching.
Cons: long hours, never enough time.
The compensation and benefits were excellent, The pressure and stress were extreme. I multi-tasked all throughout the day.

I needed to be in my classroom to receive my 19 students at 7:15. They did morning work and morning routines until 7:50 when school actually started. After the announcements, I took my students to specials. During the next 45 minutes – more... I had planning. Often during my planning time I had to attend required meetings.

When that 45 minutes was up, I picked my students up from specials and we had a whole group restroom break. Next, we had a language arts block of time. During this time I taught reading (guided as well as whole group), spelling, phonics, grammar and writing while managing student's computer time, library time, and centers (either in pairs or individually).

Next, we had 20 minutes recess outside if the weather allowed, inside if it didn't. When we came back in the ESL teacher joined us for 45 minutes of math. During that time we did problem solving as well as whole group, guided math, and individual math on the computers.

Next, we did either science, social studies or health. I dropped them off at lunch next and after 30 minutes picked my students up. In the afternoon we checked homework from the previous day, and previewed homework for that night. We also had another writing period in the afternoon.

I worked assessments in when I needed to, including weekly timed math tests, phonics tests, etc. In addition, at the beginning of every 9 weeks we had pre-assessments and at the end of every 9 weeks we had post assessments.

After school I had scheduled meetings twice a week, and often an additional day or two. After the students went home, and my meetings were over I did my copying, filing and planning for the next day, week or month. There were also data cards and spreadsheets that I had to maintain.

When I went home, I graded papers and posted grades, filled out my lesson plans for the following week and updated my blog. – less
Most rewarding job in the world!
Para Educator (Former Employee), Aurora COJanuary 22, 2013
Got to interact with students of all levels.
Spent most of the day working one on one with low level students.
Facilitated learning in the regular classroom for our highere level students. Helped all students learn life skills they can use in the real world. Worked with students while they volunteered out in the community.
A good place to work.
custodian (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2012
Pros: a full time position
Cons: working alone
On this job there was lots of work to be done. I learned early on this job to never get behind on your duties because you never knew when you would have to help someone else or be assigned more duties. Most of my coworkers were great to work with. Occasionally one would not be so pleasant to work with. I did not like to work during the summer months – more... because the work was very hard.But overall the job was good. – less
Teach Math Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics and Economics
Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2012
Core subject teacher with measured performance through testing.
Great Company
Support Staff Substitute (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2012
Fullfilling career. It is an amazing company to work for the reason I say that is because I find helping others very rewarding.