CCSD Employee Reviews

Worked from 7am to 3pm outside cutting grass at different schools with huge fields
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 3, 2017
I personally did not like my time as a grounds worker because there was no balance between work and social life. You get up early and by the end of the day you have no energy to do anything afterwards. Not to mention I got a couple shades darker. For all the work we only got paid $10 per hour so eventually I resigned from my position.
Minimal professional support
Educator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 30, 2017
Minimal professional support and minimal room for advancement. Lack of assistance with problematic students and situations that led to disruptions which interfere with daily learning.
Great environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 25, 2017
I love working with these set of ladies, They made the job very doable and fast. I am enjoying it, however I like everyone else will love an increase in pay
Pros
free lunch
Great place for students looking to get work experience.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2017
Working in the cafeteria was a great experience. Everyday we would either be prepping/serving food, using customer service skills, or handling money. Great thing to do, for tudents looking for work experience.
Pros
Paid to be in class
The Most Enjoyable part of the job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2017
I love being able to teach a student something new, a new skill that will serve them in their education. It is great to see improvement in the students educational growth.
Pros
The schedule is strictly day time hours.
Cons
Education funds.
I really wish...
Teacher/Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2017
CCSD support the teachers they have. There a many hardworking staff already hired that deserve the support. I also wish they did a better job of monitoring the administration of each school. There are more then a few Principals that need to be moved or let go.
ok
Picker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2017
work was OK hard work, doable. I learned how to drive a forklift. management work with me for days off, people was easy to work with,the hardest thing about work is working late.
Great Atmosphere to be involved with needs of the students
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 31, 2017
A typical day at work would be giving of yourself to the school, students and their needs. What I learn on a daily basis is how to be patient and deal with students on their level and as needed basis. The workplace culture can sometimes be hectic when all are trying to maintain a level of professionalism while making sure that students are receiving the education they need and deserve. The hardest part of the job is not be able to be everything to everyone all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is realizing that while you are teaching the students, they are also teaching you.
Education Facility
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILMarch 28, 2017
Great atmosphere with wonderful students are teachers to work with. Great community to build a network and fine tune skills of being patient, detail oriented, and efficient with a supportive staff.
What you would expect
Teacher (ELA) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
Typical teacher workday. Admin. make or break it. If you get in at a good school then it doesn't even feel like you're working! Don't be scared to work at an "inner city" school. I have had nothing but great experiences at my school now and I can't say the same about other schools in the suburbs I have worked at.
Pros
The students! They are my favorite part of the job.
Cons
Not enough respect, need more support for struggling students
Extremely Flexible
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
I wouldn't apply for this job as an adult to pay bills. If bills are small, you need a flexible schedule, then this is the job for you. 12.50-15.50/per hour for babysitting isn't too bad considering what you could be doing. Try to get a long term substitute job...pays more after (x) amount of time.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Zero benefits (health, dental, eye, etc)
Good enviornent
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
Love working for school district, very good cuatomer service and very helpful with helping students getting enrolled into school. Filing paperwork was very easy and quick to learn.
Schoool Bus Drivers
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at CCSD. I enjoyed driving the children and being a positive influence.

I got great satisfaction from seeing the children everyday going and coming from school. Seeing their growth by the end of the school year.

Meeting very nice parents and making new friends. It was also a great job that gave me the opportunity to balance my personal life and work. I got summers off to be with my son and all the holidays off to celebrate with my family. I have worked with children for the past 20 years and absolutely loved every moment of it. Sorry that I made a career change.
Pros
mid day breaks
Cons
early mornings, pay raised seized
No complaints
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Very organized and helpful when questions arise. Very clear expectations of the job. CCSD is prompt and truly cares about the employees and students that attend the schools.
Custodian Work Life
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2017
Work was pretty busy everyday, always had work that needed to be done. Some days they would treat us for lunch. Management was a little uptight with their work.I was only a part time employee.
Pros
Only 4 Hour Shifts
Cons
No Breaks, Benefits, Sick or Vacation time.
Warm Welconed Workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2017
Had a great experience working with Children and preparing both lunch and breakfast ...had hands on skill and knowledge to be able proceed adequately in an growing field
Little Stress
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2017
Being a Substitute was a blessing. I had to get used to the new no stress life. Its awesome. You can self schedule and choose the schools you want to sub in. Pay is ok..but hours are great!
Substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2017
Substitute teachers need benefits, better pay and better job security. The substitute teachers need more assistance from the front offices of the schools.
Work here
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2017
I loved CCSD when I was a substitute because they gave opportunities and advancement to other positions. I also did my student teaching in CCSD. Would go back but I prefer charter over district.
Good
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2016
Good school district, the school where I worked take care of the students and employees.

Typical day is teaching second grade students, using school district standards.

7 hours of work, 1 hour preparation time, 30-35 minutes lunch break.

The hardest part is dealing with the school district HR office.

Sometime working with parents is tough.