CCSD Employee Reviews in United States

Very convenient schedule
SPTA Title 1 Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2016
Working as a support staff sub was very convenient because you chose the days you wanted to work. You are able to select from an abundant amount of schools.
Great hours but lack of pay
First Aid Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2016
I work two hours for the front office, hour in the morning and hour after school hours. I administer medications to those students that require them at school and help with any illnesses or injuries. I enjoy working with the children and the constant activity and my co-workers are more like family.
Pros
Great hours, working with children
Cons
Lack of pay
Fun place to work at
Cashier, prepare food, and Serve food (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2016
I enjoyed working here and I got along with everyone here. If I could I would continue to work here. It was a very easy job to make the food, serve it, and work the register
ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sawyer, MSApril 18, 2016
good benefits, ok pay but working your way is hard unless you know people who can help you get promoted, job is hard but tolerable.
Pros
pay, benifits
Cons
working with kids, school administration will do anything fire you
Just do job
Procurement/Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 17, 2016
Order and recv parts from dell and other vendors. Create purchase requisitions...Keep accurate inventory of all it items and parts
Pros
GOOD HOURS
Cons
NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT OR PAY INCREASE
CCSD needs help
Elementary School Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
Our school district needs real help. It is falling apart. The low paid support staff workers are treated with no respect. We are all equal and need to work together. Infinite Campus is not being used with children and parents. Kids can play on ipad and phones but can't check grades to monitor themselves and improve. OH MY!
Great schooling system
Family Council Board Member (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 2, 2016
Canton City Schools is a great place to work. My co-workers are always really nice and friendly. The best part about my job is the cool environment.
Non-corporate environment
Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Pros and Cons with this. There is no advancement. Lots of employees are former students in order to raise the employment numbers.
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
inconsisteent policies
I help with the school theatre
SPTA3 (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2016
I start my work day by getting the kids off the bus.my work location is Bonanza high school.I then meet the kids in the classroom and proceed to help them with their study skills.
A different day a different student
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2015
Always moving from class to class one begins to enjoy the simplicity of finding the same lunches provided at the different schools because the students and teachers are so very different at each and every turn.
good job
custodian (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2015
a very nice company to be apart of, its not hard just cleaning the school after the kids are out for the day. I clean bathrooms and vacuum floors
Pros
benifits
Cons
labor disputes
Not a stress free environment
Temporary Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  North Las VegasSeptember 26, 2015
I work here in food service. I haven't worked for a school district before. I didn't think this would be a stressful job but it is. If someone didn't take the correct temperatures on cold food, EVERYONE gets the blame, even if you weren't there at work when it happened!! It's too many "cooks" in the kitchen. Everybody wants to show you how to do something their way. Simple isn't good enough. It has to be difficult. Student workers are lazy, they're loud, they steal food, and they don't follow directions. Directions are constantly being repeated.

The cafeteria manager is not being consistent with the flow of work. One day is this way, the next day is that way. She frustrates us and the student workers. Coworkers complain daily. The pay is low, hours are short, and we're overworked. School district doesn't want to pay us more, make us permanent, full time, or pay benefits. Its hard to become a 4.1 level employee. From what I see, 4.1 level employees don't do manual labor like us temps do. It's less responsibility.

It's probably a high turnover rate. No wonder why they're still hiring... No one wants to work these short hours with low pay, not even senior citizens. Cafeteria managers and their supervisors don't know how to treat their workers nor do we feel appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overworked for less money, short hours, no advancement, temporary, no benefits, understaffed
Good school system
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2015
Even though I only actually worked 6 days and had an orientation, most of the jobs were in the schools and not in the offices where most of my experience is, but a great company for anyone wanting to be a teacher or substitute.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
didn't get to stay in Student Records
productive and fun place with pool table.
school bus driver (Current Employee) –  arville yardAugust 10, 2015
I had to work early in the morning. I signed in at 5:30 a.m., do my bus inspection and start the first group of students for a special ed. school. when I was done at school I had a little break the I had to go to the next school to complete my first part of the day. The second part was returning them home. (almost the same proses). I had a very good T.O.A. and co-workers very respectful.
Pros
It is nice to drive, I love it.
Cons
comfortable condition as: friendship happy and togetther in the job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2015
We are always to help anything in the job and happy friendship with everyone in the timesheet, and we think that work same as us home jobs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breacks
Nice people to work with but, boggled down with paperwork.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2015
Teachers really cared about their students & families. Many rules to allow them to teach the way they should. Guidelines very strict and listed. Little room for imagination.
Pros
Great teamwork.
CCSD was a very relaxing,calm, and friendly environment.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2015
My typical day would depend on what my assignment was that day. Some days I have traWsh duties, some days are bathroom duties. What I normally do is come in, check in with supervisor and they give the daily assignment. I learned that being a part of a team is very crucial when working together. If one person is slacking, it's like a domino effect and causes everybody else to fall as well.
Pros
If you had free time after your work was done, you were able to relax before your shift ended.
Cons
There was a lack of communication.
Good District
Modified Ice Hockey Head Coach (Current Employee) –  West Nyack NyJuly 8, 2015
Friendly, helpful and fair. I enjoy working and coaching there. I desire to teach, and they do not have a teaching position for me.
Typical Day Working on the School Office
Health Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJuly 6, 2015
There is never a dull moment working at a school office. The kids are kind, fun and cute when they come to see me. We the staff work together as a family! My bilingual skills aloud me to help parents, students and staff. With all the ice packs, attendance, teachers, phone calls and visitor to the building the day goes by fast. It is nice to feel you are coming to work to your second house with your second family!
Pros
Work 15 days only between June and July and holidays off.
Cons
Not aloud to have 2 15 mins breaks like the rest of the working forces.
Mixed
Regular and Special Ed Teacher, Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2015
I worked for CCSD for seventeen years. Since I was a successful teacher, I was promoted to a supervisory position, Facilitator. After a couple years of management, I decided to return to the classroom. I have a passion for kids and prefer to expend my love and energy on them instead of pushing paper. As you can see from the notes of parents, I love helping kids with learning disabilities become successful. One of the highest points of my life is seeing my learning disabled kids graduate and go on to make good choices for their futures, believing in themselves.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Paperwork, computers