CDC

CDC Employer Reviews

A great job with the Federal Government
Desktop Technical Support (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2014
Pros: work with some of the smartest people in the world
Cons: it is hard to move from contractor status to fte (full employee)
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has been in Atlanta since the 1940's. It is a global health center that can have a person working with people in remote areas with disease outbreaks or a local statistician who needs help with a 40,000 record database to track epidemics in the USA.

I have learned to work with people with multiple PhD's and those – more... with a GED to create a powerful work environment that creates a culture of suceess with a no problem attitude.

The hardest part of the job is the best part. Working with the people who can make this a healthier world to live in. – less
great experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, worked with children that loved me
Cons: no benefits, minimum wage
Going into working at a daycare, I had no experience whatsoever. Play N Learn CDC taught me a lot about children and showed me how great of a parent I'll be someday. I truly cared for those children like they were my own. Play N Learn CDC was a big family. My manager was excellent and my co workers were very welcoming. The hardest part of the job was – more... realizing that those kids were like sponges and were watching me every step of the way, so if I messed up, they could recognize it. The best part of my job was walking into work in the morning and all the kids running to the door screaming "Ms. Angie, Ms. Angie!" – less
Great people, great staff.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Monticello, INMay 8, 2014
Pros: great working conditions
Cons: supervision does not really back empoyees.
Worked as the operations manager and supervised two sheltered workshops for disabiled adults. Great Place to Work...
I overall enjoyed working with CDC
Mail Clerk Assistant Lead (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDApril 17, 2014
Pros: loved the freedom
Cons: no benefit package
A typical day at CDC was a good day. The work was not hard what so ever, I literally delivered packages all day long and managed the mail room. I really can't think of one bad thing about this job except that there was no benefits included, and that includes sick leave and vacation leave.
Over all a great place to work
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee), Great Lakes, IllinoisApril 9, 2014
Working with children is always a pleasure. The management went through many changes while there and was not very accommodating at the time.
Productive building small business professionals
Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2014
My specialization is in economic development, market analysis, and business districts, so the projects I do tend to have less need for community interaction than, say, a comprehensive plan or neighborhood plan. I may travel two or three times to the client during the project, which may take from four to eight months to complete. Each trip is anywhere – more... from three to six days. I will often extend a trip by a day or two to take in some of the nearby attractions.
There was a lot of interaction between the public sector and consultants, and being able to understand how both think is an excellent ability that isn't taught in college.

I really enjoy people and building vision..... – less
Productive and great place to work
Administrative Assistant/Technician (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I was a shift supervisor here. I liked the teamwork and hours.
Job Description Brief
Assistant Manager IT/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Karachi, PakistanOctober 20, 2013
Pros: performance bonuses, graduity, provident fund, leaves, health cover, gym, recreational area, sporting and gaming events
Cons: salary growth, technology limitation
Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDCPL) is known to be a finest employer in Pakistan, I have worked in CDCPL more than 4 years in its Software Development Section, IT Department. Where I worked on Java/J2EE related technologies as a software engineer and team lead. I was also the part of requirement gathering team (Analysis) where we – more... have to gather requirements from different stake holders CDCPL, Stock Brokers, Clearing Company & Stock Exchanges of Pakistan. – less
Productive day with children
Child & Youth Program Assistant (Skill/Target) (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: paid leave
Cons: short breaks no help
Managing whereabouts of children and giving TLC at all times
could become stressful but yet great children to be around
Productive and fun workplace.
Assemble Line Worker (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 27, 2013
I enjoyed the recreational center on site. It was very close to home.
The hours were flexible. The management was very cooperative.
Company that i work through
Personal Assistant for a Five year old child (Current Employee), Tivoli, NYJuly 29, 2013
Typical day at work includes caring for a five year old child with a G, J & an IV port. Daily Hygiene, Dressing, Some Feeding, Administering Medicine Via J & IV Port.
great atmosphere
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Whitakers, NCJune 1, 2013
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
A nice place to work very team oriented, well rounded, extensive training, opportunity for advancement
Productive and enjoyable
Internship (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 30, 2013
Pros: experience
Exciting new things to learn each day. Learned about substance abuse treatment and everything there is to know about a non-profit organization. Co-workers are more like family. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Non-Profit Organization
Housing Counselor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 1, 2013
Pros: training and experience received
Cons: compensation for the type of case load and stress handled
Responsible for initial interaction with the clients seeking services from the organization. Primarily responsible for both written and electronic client record-keeping for Pre-Purchase clients and clients in need of Foreclosure Prevention assistance, data entry, creation and distribution of correspondence with clients and lenders, conduct interviews – more... for prospective clients. – less
Great Job, Great Staff and the work space was wonderful.
Finance Officer/ IT Support Staff (Former Employee), Georgetown GuyanaMarch 19, 2013
Working with the Center for Disease Control Guyana, was a great experience. I look forward to going to work it was exciting. The most challenging part was getting around the coding and scripts for the project website, which I learned. It was a great job over all.
Educative and good teamwork spirit.
Clinical Officer, KEMRI (Former Employee), KisumuMarch 2, 2013
Pros: good medical cover
Cons: job insecurity
Good working enviroment with all working materials. I have learnt to work independently.There is standard management systen with cooperative co-workers.T he hardest part of the job is management of extreme high numbers of patients.Most enjoyable part is good diagnostic techniques.
A place to get a pay check
Driver (Former Employee), Jessup, MDFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: work only a half a day
Cons: does not pay enough
Pickup product and deliver product to retail stores. Work by yourself and must meet a time window for delivery.
Workplace is well regarded at the national scale
Process Quality Supervisor (Former Employee), MondoniFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: interactive, multicultural.
Cons: no compensation for interns
Long working day.
Learned practical quality control as against class work.
Management staff keep a distance from junior field staff.
Co-workers interact freely and are ready to help one another.
very regularly long work hours make work too demanding.
Watching the pure Palm oil flow out of the purification tanks.
Productive in outreach and referrals to the community at large.
CEO / Southern Ms Rural Health (Former Employee), Jayess, Ms.February 1, 2013
Pros: provide services to needy and quality service to communities
Cons: budget cut
The job resposibilities couples along with my education and experience. I learn daily that many more services are needed.
managing is consistent and the co-workers are few ; however productive. The most difficult part of the job is a lack of resources and funds. The job is very enjoyable because of the volunteers, staff youth and being an asset reaching – more... the goals of others that were served. We are diversity in the surrounding counties of south Mississippi. – less
fun place to work over the summer but bad salary
Camp counselor (Former Employee), Whitestone, NYJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: fun activities, play sport, trips
Cons: problems with customers and co-workers
nice place to earn experience with kids
bad management
was involved on problems with the customers and employees
didnt pay at all
went out on trips with the kids
had fun
too much drama from the owners towards the co-workers

1 2 3

About CDC

As the sentinel for the health of people in the United States and throughout the world, CDC (http://www.cdc.gov) strives to protect – Read more