CDCR

CDCR Employer Reviews

Great benefits and great people
Staff Psychologist - Clark Coordinator (Current Employee), San Bernadino, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks
Difficult to get a position, but once you do there are a lot of activities to increase your skills. Co-workers are diverse and great and the job is high paced and often busy, making the day go by fast.
It kept you focus
Janitorial Technician (Former Employee), Susanville, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: positivity
Cons: over worked &under paid
One work day is just like the other,you do your job,learn to respect others and make the best of the rest of the day.
I like my Job
Accounting Officer Specialist (A) (Current Employee), Susanville, CAApril 6, 2014
Pros: no breaks, due to busy working
Cons: too much drama
Jobs is Good. Management No Good especially people running it. Supervisor does not know anything about the office, relies on each one of the employee to get the info. If you are not friends with the supervisor you don't promote.
Career minded company, avenues for advancement,
Parole Agent (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits.
Cons: dealing with criminals who were uncooperative & returned to their former criminal activities.
Reported to supervisor. Begin as Officer of the Day, checking into office & fielding walk-in parolees whose Parole Agent not in office to take care of their needs. Another day driving around community going to check on Parolees at their home or work site for face to face interviews to determine their status and compliance with parole rules and regulations. – more... Write notes in supervision files. Write reports and case reviews and recommendations for discharge or retention on parole. Hardest part of job for me was arresting parolees who were not in compliance with rules and regulations. Most enjoyable part of job was offering services for rehabilitation and integration back into community to parolees. – less
It's a Government job working for the California Deptartment of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Accountant Trainee / Accountant I (Current Employee), Norco, CAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: benefits, good experience
Cons: budget cuts, realignment
It's a great experience and I've learned alot in the positions I've held. I've experienced more cultures and different personality types here than in any other place of employment. The pay is not what I personally think it should be in comparison to the private sector, but it's working for the government, so the benefits are some what better. There – more... are constant budget cuts within the department so the job security is not what it used to be. – less
fun and educational
TEACHERS ASSISTANT VOCATIONAL PLUMBING (Former Employee), Chino, CAJune 26, 2013
assist teacher with all forms of the plumbing trade - instruction of students in NCCER voational plumbing
Fun place to work
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee), Soledad, CAApril 25, 2013
Pros: freedom of creation in developing my program
Cons: low pay
I enjoed running the adult social interactment program. Casual, yet challenging at the same time
great people
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2013
Pros: i was appreciated on every task i worked on. made me feel great about my job
Cons: there was not room for advancement.
i attained a little bit of knowledge on a/p. my co-workers were great. the hardest part was supervising inmates and submitting their timecards.
Typical Workplace
Associate Government Program Analyst (Former Employee), Soledad, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, retirement packages
Cons: prison work, negative environment
I enjoyed my time with CDCR. There were pro's and con's to this setting. Good people and Bad people. Not your typical office setting. Prison work at it's finest.
Challenging career
Correctional officer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: no longer good job security
Being a correctional officer is a challenging and rewarding job. Good life experience.
Job is great, pay is bad
Pharmacist I (Current Employee), Tracy, CAFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: alot to learn and achieve
Cons: short break, hostile work environment
I love my job, but personnel issues make it quite difficult.