CDK Global Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity to Learn
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 17, 2017
CDK has lots of opportunities, and they are very encouraging to try different roles in the company if one desires. The consulting side associates more with the OEM Manufacturer than the actual CDK environment
Number based Helpdesk
CLIENT TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHNovember 15, 2017
If you work here, you'll want to ensure you can keep pace. They are very stern on hitting numbers. A lot of the things you learn are proprietary and won't carry over into other jobs. Only plus side to working here are the great benefits and great co-workers. Management team was not good and you don't get much of a say in your schedule.
Highly political and stagnant
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 13, 2017
There is a revolving door at all levels of management resulting in substantial organizational churn. CDK is also in hard-core cost-cutting mode resulting in poor quality of their software.
Pros
Pay and benefits were above average
Cons
Highly political environment and fear of change means you don't get to do much meaningful work
Floundering while they wait to be sold
Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 8, 2017
Just another career advancement tool for upper management. Management could care less if the company is making money, only the stock price matters. Nobody, including majority shareholders, cares about the business or customers.
Good company with challenging problems to sovle
Senior Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 27, 2017
CDK Global is the leader in helping Car dealers sell more cars to consumers. It uses cutting-edge technologies to solve the dealer's hurts

CDK provides a good work-life balance and challenging problems to solve for engineers
Pros
Good work life balance
Worked with a small team
Field Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 24, 2017
CVR division of CDK is small and gets lost in the shuffle of the larger parts of the company but the people really care and are committed to the clients.
Challenging company to work for due to ongoing transition
Manager, Ethics & Compliance (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 21, 2017
CDK is eliminating many positions as it masters being its own company. I was brought in under the General Counsel and Legal Department and really enjoyed working for that group. I was then transitioned under the SoX Compliance and Controls Department. I established a foundation for the compliance program and then my position was eliminated.
Pros
Salary and benefits are good
Cons
Company is in state of transition
Time of flux
Desktop Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2017
The company is currently in the middle of transitioning. There is too much uncertainty at this time for me to suggest friends workign for this company. We have had a number of force reductions in the past year. Watching people I have worked with for 12 years, escorted out is hard to watch
Pros
Public transportation cost covered
Cons
the constant lay offs
l1 support
Client Technical Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHOctober 19, 2017
if you like being micro managed and under the gun at all times then you will like L1 I was way over stressed but if I did stick around I might have been switched to another dept.
Pros
decent pay for what you do
Cons
micro management
Decent Benefits/Pay
Technical Client Analyst 2 (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 18, 2017
This use to be a great place to work until the profits of shareholders became more important then the quality of the people that work there and the caliber of service they provide their clients.
Pros
decent benefits, paid time off
Cons
management makes you feel like your reliving high school
Focus of company is on Shareholder value
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  PortlandOctober 6, 2017
Margin Savings is the primary focus in order to increase EBITA to 36%. Cost Savings initiatives span across all areas of the company, most of which is cutting of employees. Everyone is required to do more and more work with less and less help. Long time associates are the ones that are most impacted
Not bad to work for - until you don't!
Software Engineer IV (CVR) (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 4, 2017
After several years of loyal service (borne out by consistently good reviews), I was one of over three dozen whose positions were eliminated without notice; to rub a little more salt in the wound, my health insurance was eliminated immediately - although I only had 4 days of coverage within the pay period, even though the full amount was deducted from my paycheck!
A productive and exciting work environment.
Summer Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2017
CDK was a really cool place to work. I would like to continue working at the Seattle office but since I was just an Intern my time there was limited.

The work/ life balance I saw at CDK made me feel like they valued and believed in their employees. I would like to work there again.
Pros
Location, Work/Life balance, ping pong table.
Cons
A somewhat tense environment. Not bad though.
Account Specialist former employee
Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Would have loved to make a career out of CDK . While in Florence, convient location, loved the face paced learning and growth after moving to Norwood the management went crazy. Promised raises never happened. Terrible leadership from management . They are the cause for the turn over
Pros
Cons
Location, management, pay
Not a good company these days
Client Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 25, 2017
Since the changeover from ADP to CDK and the move from Florence to Norwood, this company has change for the worse. To change what the compnay was to being the worse company ever I would not have anyone that I know to try to get a job there
Good work life balance
Full Stack .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 19, 2017
CDK is a good technology company uses cutting edge technologies and helps employees to maintain work life balance.I enjoyed working at CDK personally and professionally.
I am a contactor at CDK and am treated ok.
Telecommunication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 18, 2017
The management in my department is not as it could be. They are trying to make us into a different kind of department that is not in touch with the clients needs.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
no advancement
The overall culture of the company varies, but can be pleasant.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2017
The standard negative employee feedback involves compensation and opportunities for advancement. It is certainly difficult to grow within the company.
Productive and fun workplace.
Client Tech Analyst Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHAugust 25, 2017
Friendly people
Easy workflow
Very productive
Poor management
Very fast pace
TechnTechnology always changing
Help create and update knowledge base articles
Supervisor, Account Relationship Manager Team (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 18, 2017
Helped dealerships better utilize their CDK software. Get them so attached to the software that cannot live without it. Make it a smoother sales cycle for sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDK Global. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8