CDPHP Employee Reviews

Productive Place to work
Service Desk / Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 13, 2017
This place is very diverse and the atmosphere is friendly. My manager is very helpful. The enjoyable part of my job is desktop work. My least favorite is being tied to the phone. A position I haven't experienced in over 15 years.
Pros
Desktop Support
Cons
Service Desk
Employee turnovers in Inpatient Programs
ICC Inpatient Programs (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 3, 2016
Great company, great compensation with benefits, great core values. Worked as ICC in Inpatient Programs over 6 years. Management and Supervision atrocious. Micro managed & scutinized highly professional, skilled, proficient nurses and rewarded employees who were less stellar with poor work ethic. Management did NOT foster teamwork or innovative ideas to improve the daily work flow of its department. If you expressed your opinion with ideas for improvement- you would later get called into office and be excused of being unhappy with your job duties and be given a performance plan for improvement. 20+ years as a professional RN have I never made to feel as incompetent or questioned why I continued to work for CDPHP. Why- because I believed in the the Company, its values and its members! I now work for a National Company that truely values it's employees, their multifaceted experience and promotes teamwork as well as work/life balance. I have never been more happier as a professional nurse to work for a company that appreciates my talents. CDPHP should consider micro managing the management staff of the departments with high turnovers of excellent employees.
Positive work life balance
Contract Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 9, 2016
Overall positive place to work. Great staff, good pay and benefits. Not many opportunities for growth. Could improve on their training as well. Need to invest more in their employees.
CDPHP nearly ruined my quality assurance career
HEDIS Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 22, 2016
Typical day during HEDIS season, hectic training followed by micro-managing "peer" orientation. This was the hardest part of the job, I have never before or since experienced the kind of scrutiny that I experienced as a minority (as what I experienced at CDPHP).

The pay: less than what other area Health plans paid for similar positions and without benefits.

What I learned, the company wanted to apply IRS rules for expenses of office workers versus the IRS rules for seasonal work from home workers. Eventually, what that meant was that I "ate" the travel costs for their business purposes.

The company environment, nice corporate offices with gym and cafeteria( higher prices for temps vs permanent employees) great if you had time to use them.

Permanent non-seasonal employees wouldn't even acknowledge temporary employees with common courtesy like opening or holding a door for someone who badge accessed the building and held the door for themselves simultaneously while bringing in or taking out materials/equipment for company use.

Would I ever go back, not to their quality dept. I have since learned that this dept is to be avoided because of the micromanagement and high exit rate of permanent employees who move speedily to other local quality depts at other insurers.
Pros
nice cafeteria, gym
Cons
micromangement
Embarrassing
as if (Current Employee) –  nyApril 29, 2016
Embarrassed being micromanaged and spoken down to. Management ignores employee morale and allows abuse of power within "teams". Rewards repeat offending employees that exhibit conduct unbecoming and turning a blind eye to rude behavior.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Productive Work Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 19, 2016
Interesting project and good growth opportunities. I liked the fact that managers were helpful and believed in team work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 13, 2015
The work environement is good , work pressure is high. Flexible timings.Work from home option should be there. Other amenities such as gym is there.
love to work as team and I really liked the environment it was very fast moving and challenging .
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, New YorkJuly 30, 2015
I really had a good time working for CDPHP. It's a great opportunity to work for them. I really liked the work environment. I had my personal desk with multi windows to perform my testing which I liked also. We all worked as team and also helped each other for our work needs to accomplish our goals. Also we offer our clients higher priority if there's need to be any changes while making the application. Over all i would say I love to work for a big company like "Capital District Physician Health Plan" and it was one of my good experience working for them.
Pros
Unlimited Snacks, redbull and regular drinks.
Cons
Healthcare
Great company to work for.
Account Executive, Medicare Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 28, 2015
Great place to work. Nice environment. I loved my job but was released due to department restructure. Wonderful co-workers.
Excellent consultant opportunity.
Facets Configuration Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Although this was a remote position, the management and my coworkers were very professional and helpful. We had daily meetings and was given the opportunity to ask questions and give our opinion on the work processes.
Pros
work from home

Want to know more about CDPHP?

Ask a question
great pay/not family friendly
Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 23, 2014
I worked in the phone unit where I was logged into the phones all day. It was a production environment with little flexibility for hours or time off. The company is very well run, all of the upper management are doctors, so the company is run by brilliant people. my co-workers were fun people to be around but I hardly got to interact with them due to the high call volume. Overall the job was not very challenging and the training program is terrific. The hardest part of the job for me was juggling a family life with the inflexibility of scheduling. It was next to impossible to call in if I had a sick child at home and you only get one break per shift and it is a scheduled break which is sometimes scheduled an hour and fifteen minutes after the start of your shift. The best part of the job was the pay and benefits. Very competitive wages and the benefits are great, it is a health insurance company after all. There is a minimal cost of living raise every year, although due to changes in tax rates and insurance premiums my take home went down two consecutive years. Opportunity for advancement and overtime availability. Hours of operation are 6:30am to 7:00 pm M-F. All first shift weekday hours which was great.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours
Cons
inflexibility depending on department and tough on families
a company where people can find out their perspective health coverage.
Software QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 11, 2014
The environment was really nice & it was fun to working in this company.
Productive and fun working place
Dot net Developer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 6, 2014
Capital District Physicians Health Plan is a healthcare provider for group, individual and government health plans to dental and vision, along with health savings plan. At CDPHP, the project is creation of Impact pro reports (graph and table) for getting full history of member data and integrating it with claims and related needs. The application also facilitates batch messages, real-time member data processing and generating the claim information.
Pros
.......
Cons
......
Never a dull moment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 24, 2013
High volume call center, Learned much about medical insurance. Management and co-workers very nice to work with. Loved being able to help people with their coverage concerns
Pros
Good pay & benefits, friendly environment, company events for employees
Cons
high stress, constant change in demands, lots of mandatory OT, sporadically scheduled breaks
Excellent employer
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 7, 2013
CDPHP is an excellent employer and does so much for its employees. compensation is great. Management is outstanding.
Cons
Short breaks
Great company, highly respected, innovative company
RN Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, New YorkJanuary 18, 2013
I loved working there because I actually enjoyed the job. Never minded going in or staying late, working through lunch, etc.

I never felt respected by my supervisors or management though, but the members made my day, as well as the other employees, all professional and dedicated people.

I would have stayed there forever but lo and behold, one day out of the blue came a call down to HR...I was terminated. No incident happened, no reason given.
I cried in the parking lot for hours.

Even after that, I would still love to work there again.
Pros
employee events, wellness events, great cafe downstairs, gym available
Cons
micro managed
horrible
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 1, 2012
always had last min info.
stressful.
only talked to you when you did something wrong
Pros
food, pay, good hours
Cons
manangement
my daily tasks
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 29, 2012
i would review 15 claims a week per adjudicator or adjuster for financial and clerical accuracy. I'm proficient in processing claims with facets and macess.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not getting paid for overtime
Professional and enjoyable place to work
provider services representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 15, 2012
This company is awesome. Great training from the day you walk into the building. Very supportive management team and encouragement to succeed. Encouragement to do a good job and rewards and incentives for all employees
great place to work would love to go back.
Hedis Project 2012 (Former Employee) –  albany NYMay 17, 2012
Working at CDPHP was a great experience. The management was very supportive and the work environment was heads above any other i have encountered. My co-worker great and made the job fun.
Pros
great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDPHP. Our community is ready to answer.

CDPHP Reviews by Location