CDS Global Employee Reviews

Great Place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boone, IANovember 16, 2017
I love working here! It is a great fast paced environment most of the time. Sometimes calls can get a bit stressful but for the most part you just have to remember not to take things personal.
Stressful and unprofessional
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlan, IAOctober 23, 2017
A typical day when you first start is very scary. The training is a little basic and the knowledge they give you before going on the floor is basic as it gets. Management is fine as long as you know them either outside of the work place or stay off the radar, but once you are on their radar a lot can go wrong very quickly and you start to notice how unprofessional they really are. The hardest part of the job is accepting that the people that are telling you how to do your job, do not know themselves how to do your job and dealing with constant belittling on and off the phone. As well as realizing that any investment you put into the company as far as loyalty and flexible on your hours as they request, that is not reciprocal. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay, it is very well, partly believed to be because of such a high turn over rate, and partly because well the job is well worth it.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the management
Simple place to work.
Customer Service Representative - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Boone, IAOctober 23, 2017
The entire CDS Global experience overall was a good one. You had your own space to work in, which you could customize if you so desired. Training was a breeze as long as you payed attention and followed instructions. Pay increase incentives were always available which was very nice and motivating.
Good Starter Job
Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 20, 2017
Fine company as a first full time job in Customer Service. Ability to advance within the company but too much office politics. Must be willing to sit for extended periods of time.
My first job in customer service and I enjoyed it, talking with customers on the phone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50315September 21, 2017
This is a magazine fulfillment center and I learned what customer service was all about and enjoyed it. I found I liked helping customers who called in.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere and friendly co-workers.
Cons
Developing patience with angry people who called in.
Not a bad place to work at all
Agency Tape Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 31, 2017
I loved my job, the environment, my co workers and managers. I just needed to make more money so I left. I would recommend this place of employment for anyone.
started off great went downhill
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boone, IAAugust 24, 2017
Too many incentives removed. Employees not held to same standards. Seemed to show favoritism to certain employees over others. Fired some for same offense as others were given counselling for.
Data Entry Typist (Current Employee) –  Harlan, IAAugust 20, 2017
I started in 2013 working in house, and eventually moved to a telecommuting position. No other company around here is so supportive and understanding. I have been able to stay in my work from home position since 2014 and I still work full time hours. The best part is I can work around my family's schedules, I don't have to have a set schedule! The most difficult thing is during the slow season telecommuters are among the first to be temporarily laid off, but it's very temporary. I absolutely love my job!
Pros
work from home, great supervisors/managers, great pay
Cons
chance of a lay-off if it gets too slow
Always access to good books
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 11, 2017
Answering phones pull up accounts accept payments issue refunds resend product. Learned how to toggle between screens.
Management was always respectful.
Hardest part was having to try to sell a product when the customer just told you they could not feed there children.
The best part was having the customer tell you that you were able to help them.
Great Place!
Customer Service and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 26, 2017
I had to provide customer service for people who bought awesome products and also I had the opportunity to make extra money on sales which was Great! I encourage Inquires to apply!
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 13, 2017
I am glad they let me go when they did, I did not the person this company made me become. I was always angry coming home yelling at my fiance. The job was too stressful and I just couldn't deal with it. Major Favoritism they only focus on your mistakes not your achievements. Defiantly glad i left
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Managmenet
First Shift Rocks
Inserter Operator (Former Employee) –  Tipton, IAJune 20, 2017
I was on third for many years and there are many tings that even the supervisors didn't even know and that made things very difficult. But once I had gotten on first shift, things were so much different.
Customer Service/Data Entry
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAJune 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working for CDS Global. It felt more like a family and everyone helped each other. I wish this branch of CDS would have stayed open. It was a shame how many people lost their jobs.
Great team enviorment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 4, 2017
Everyone pulled their weight. It was very sad when we were told the site was closing. We had a stellar year. It left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
CDS Global was a productive, fast paced work environment
Operations Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 1, 2017
A typical work day included answering and following up on emails and phone calls from clients. Worked with production staff on training, quality, and issues. Worked with management staff, programming, and client services to provide the best service to the clients.
Pros
Employee Enrichment Events
Management was unwilling to work with medical issues
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boone, IAMay 26, 2017
I had a bit of a medical problems this year and i lost my job due to not being able to work. The job itself wasn't bad at all and the customers were nice.
benefits
Cons
hours, management
Has a lot of employee benefits.
Document Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 1, 2017
I was here for over 20 years and the only reason I left was because I was laid off. They have a lot of benefits for their employees and they are very lenient when it comes to helping you balance family and work life.
Pros
A lot of benefits for the employees.
Cons
Play favoritism amongs certain employees that don't do the work, but the employees who do good, don't get recognized.
it was boring place to work
Mail Opener (Former Employee) –  Harlan, IA 51537April 30, 2017
it was not what i expected although it is an easy job it was a borring job also was not the ideal job for me was there was more foot work the sitting work
Pros
you got to take a break, and pay is good
Cons
it was boring and not very interesting
The coworers are nice
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Tipton, IAApril 22, 2017
Not much to say.Very fast paced.Must be motivated. I really liked it but I wasn't getting it.It is really up to each person to decide they do their work.I will not put anyone down as in employees or management team. It is great to gain the experience and it doesn't have to be challenging!
Great co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 21, 2017
Management is not very good at communicating with employees, pay doesn't suffice the job they have you doing. Not very good training for current employees after an hour they expect you to know enough.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDS Global. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9