CDS

CDS Employer Reviews

For short term employment "ok" but long term not interested
Food sampler server (Former Employee), Estero, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: meet a lot of new people each day
Cons: no future and no benefits
Work very hard, with no benefits whatsoever. Did not desire to stay with this company. Management was very poor and very little respect for the employees
Dependable hours.
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks, health care and respect.
Cons: weekends hrs, other staff dependability.
The company is very concern about employees work situations, they try to make sure your work hours are sufficient to your needs when situations come up.
Every day is different
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: work with very nice people
Cons: there are no benefits & your shift can be cancelled at any moment which can be stressful.
First thing is to clock in. Find what you will be doing that particular day. If it's cooking arrange your cart with what you will need eg. Oven or microwave. The tools needed to prepare & present to the public. When on the floor to behave in a pleasent & professional manner, keep your aea clean at all times. Our Manager is good. The work force consists of about 50 men & mostly women. So there is an array of different personalities. You are standing for 6 hours a day & if it's not very busy then it can be a little boring but in general it is nice to interact with people & make the best of it. Putting a smile on someones face is very rewarding for me.
Fast paced friendly environmant
Demo associate (Former Employee), Antioch, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: travel distance
I enjoyed working for CDS. The employees were friendly and I enjoy working with the public.
CDS was a great place to work, they had a company Picnic every year and we could take our grandchildren and son and daughter.
Meter Operater (Former Employee), Wilton, IAJanuary 27, 2015
CDS was a nice place to work .The managers were very friendly and you could talk to them about anything. They were very helpful when I had a question. I liked working there until I got sick and even then I went to work until they told me to stay home and go to the .I found out I very sick and had to miss work for 3 day. my son had to miss school for 3 days to take care of me .There was not a hard part of the day except if they brought me a 2,000 piece job and I had to get it out before I went home. But for the most part I did not have any hard parts.
Very drama free but dead end job.
Vendor (Former Employee), Colchester, VTJanuary 20, 2015
My job was to prepare and give out samples of whatever product I was given. I was to engage in conversations, discuss the product, provide the location and/or hand out a full size of the item off the cart that you work on. This job did have its falls unfortunately where on some days you would get an item such as bug or fragrance sprays where you would be asked to talk about it only. It can be tough standing there for an 6-8 hour shift. Some days you'll get a call in the morning perhaps even as close to an hour-half hour before your shift and be told to stay home due to them not needing you for that day despite being scheduled. The last con was for me personally was growth in a company is very important. While in that job the only two positions available to move up to was 2nd in charge and manager. The other option was to apply to Costco itself which can be tough to get into even if you're with CDS.
Overall though, the job wasn't bad. It's a decent paying PT job that'll at least bring you a few dollars. The people are decent and you get trained right away on anything that's a challenged to prepare. I learned quickly how to engage in conversation and how to transition that conversation towards the product by which you are supposed to be discussing.
Hated every second of this job.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GANovember 30, 2014
Pros: $11.00 an hour
Cons: write ups for not meeting sales quota.
You demonstrate products inside of Costco. Even though the pay is good, it's a very boring job. Not allowed to talk to customers about anything BUT the product and required to meet a sales quota everyday, week, and month. The sales quota kinda sucks if you get stuck with a product no one wants. If you don't meet the sales quota you will be written up. Hated this job!!
Good work, good pay, Poor management
Case Picker/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good pay, good and easy work
Cons: unfair breaks and very poor supervisors
Good work, good pay, poor management. A new employee got fired two days after he had been hired for asking to many questions and wanting to talk the supervisors boss for being disrepectful
demostrations and promotions with Costco products
Promotions Intern (Former Employee), Caguas, PROctober 13, 2014
a normal working day for me was to take my product and learn every detail of the to drive sales in the store, the hardest part was always convince the customer that it was best for him and to buy the product, the party most enjoyed was when the client was satisfied with the product
The association with customers in a fun atmosphere was very enjoyable
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee), Helena, MTOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, management treated me well
Cons: clean up in the kitchen was chaotic and overcrowded
I love working with the public, and it was a fun atmosphere in which to interact with people. I also learned a lot about what products people like.
n/a
sales associate (Former Employee), lenexa, KsOctober 2, 2014
handed out samples to customers shopping in costco. stood on my feet for 6 straight hours with short or sometimes no breaks at all
First computer job, great experience
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Springfield,IllinoisSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: easy work and great learning experience
Cons: long drive from home
Typical day started installing operating system on new computers, loading programs, replaced old computers with new ones.
Learning was just reinforcing what I learned in college.
Really not around management at CDS, but management and
state capitol was great.
The handful of co-workers were fantastic and very helpful.
Really nothing hard about this job.
The experience.
Demonstrated cinnamon rolls
Demonstrator (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: engaging with customers
Cons: customers fighting for product.
I set up get product ready, present and hand out samples, Im still learning diffrent ways to sell the product.I love my Co-workers theyre all awesome we all help each other. The hardest part of job is when customers fight over, or argue about getting in line for a sample. The most enjoyable part of this job is presenting and the challenge of selling to customers.
Very very part-time
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Gilroy, CASeptember 17, 2014
hours vary day to day and week to week. Not stabke at all, not much room for growth and supervisors are just underpaid and have no authority but have all the responsibility!!
Fun place to work.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great job for anyone that loves customer service.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical day at CDS is engaging with customers, promoting a new product daily. Knowing how to cook is a plus at this job. Management is good, the hours are not. Three, sometimes two days a week does not pay the bills.
fun and busy place to work
demonstrator (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hrs on your feet
setting up for the days demo preparing the demo according to instructions handing out samples to the customers for a 6hr shift and then cleaning up at the end of my shift i think i learned that there are so many different types of people out there and you try your best to be friendly with them at all times the management people were pretty young and showed that they had favorite people they would give more shifts to i got along with all of my co workers a lot of us are retired but then there are a lot of college students also i think the hardest part of the job is to stand in one spot for 6hrs the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers you get to know the regular people that come in all the time
the job was ok
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: open atmosphere meeting new people
Cons: management salary
the job was ok but the management was a problem.it was a great place to work inside of Costco where u see so much and being able to communicate with all the different type of people.
Good work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Medford, ORAugust 11, 2014
learned how to use computer software for making labels. fun and enjoyable job. great teammates to work with
Me
Customer Service (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great work
Cons: like perfection
Maintained up-to-date knowledge of store policies regarding payments, returns and exchanges.Computed accurate sales prices for purchase transactions.Cross-trained and provided back-up for other customer service representatives when needed.Worked as a team member performing cashier duties, product assistance and cleaning.Guaranteed positive customer experiences and resolved all customer complaints.
(Client Delivery Specialist)-ConAgra Foods (Former Employee), Louisville, KentuckyAugust 6, 2014
Good place to work. Only downside would be working 6-7 days a week. Limited time with family

1 2 3 4 5