CDW

CDW Employer Reviews

Inside Sales
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 28, 2014
Working on the front line of a Fortune 500 company was an excellent experience for me. I was able to jump to the top of my hiring class and prove myself on my team. I started with a $250,000 book of business and built that up to $950,000 over the course of 6 months. I learned how to provide excellent service in the technology industry.
Productive day at cdw
CONFIGURATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Vernon HillsJuly 22, 2014
Pros: working withthe newest technology, working on various projects
Cons: long hours, management was not to fond of employees taking days off
Print out your order and start working on it. i would work on project based orders as such I had a team that I trained on how to preform the job. I would also send emails and enter data on a daily basis.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2014
I was not able to stay with the company long enough to advance as I would have liked but the perks of the sales job were great! I thought they did an excellent job preparing us for our involvement with discussing our products with clients.
Great company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJuly 9, 2014
CDW was an amazing company to work for and the management staff as well as the other employees were very knowledgeable in their position.
Very fun and energetic environment
Level 2 Configuration Technician (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJune 28, 2014
A busy and energetic team of co-workers.
I learned that rushing is not always good.
We have constant meetings and free donuts every week.
great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJune 19, 2014
Strong growing company, with very energetic staff. Lots of room for advancement, and great benefits.
Excellent Training
Solution Architect - Implementation Services (Former Employee), chandler, AZJune 19, 2014
Excellent Training and learning experience at CDW. Many vendor perks like happy hours, sporting events, contests and ways to make a great living.
Very productive, very high in demand, gaining experiences under the technology field.
Technician Configs (Former Employee), North, Las VegasJune 16, 2014
Pros: experiences, that's quite it.
Cons: long hours, poor management, short breaks.
Forget raising a family in your personal life at home. You'll spend more time at work than with your kids and spouse. Coworkers are friendly, well only those who are temps since you see different faces every 2-3 months. I see a few comments that managements are great people, but through my expectation you're being deceived. They make you feel welcome – more... at first then the true nature exposes when your nothing but a tool working hard for them to reach their quota. Have I forgot to mention "favoritism." If you plan to work here, expect high demand of work. I am talking thousands and thousands of huge orders. Very repetitive, the challenge wares off when you realize déjà vu.

My only pros in this department is certification. Starting pay isn't that great but with every certs you obtained, you get a dollar raise, a maximum of 3 which boosts you just enough to survive this poor economy. Advancements are slim in CDW when it comes to department transfers. Best to take your certifications outside the company and make a lot more. – less
Sales Account Management
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2014
Fun sales environment in downtown Chicago. Provide quoted and orders of all IT product offering
Lots of travel and time away from the family.
Senior Consulting Engineer - EMC - Storage (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: lots of experience and great training available
Cons: in the air a lot flying across the country
The job itself was great with a lot of training available. But there is a lot of travel involved with this position. When you have a family it makes it tough, but they try to give where they can.
Great Place To Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 25, 2014
Great culture with a hearty mixture of working hard and playing hard.
A good work place to expand your knowledge
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 25, 2014
I learned hot to trouble shoot
build computers from the ground and up.
helped with customer support.
moved at a fast paste to improve production
also how to configure laptops, computers, ipads, and printers.
Data Driving
Product Data Analyst (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 8, 2014
Deal with many stakeholders across different department, such as account managers, buyers, brand managers, etc.
Productive and fun place to work
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Many sales benefits available.
Great Place to Work
UC Engineer (Former Employee), Madison WisconsinMarch 29, 2014
CDW is a great place to work for. Full of high performers and very challenging.
Great Sales Job
Account Manager (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJMarch 10, 2014
Overall I like working for CDW but sales is not the field I want to build my career in. If you love sales jobs, this job is great because your salary depends on the amount of sales you do each month.
Interactive management teams
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 6, 2014
CDW has a wonderful culture and the management team is constantly try to help coworker advance. Account Management entails working with a customer base to find solutions solve problems within their business.
People are great there.
Transition Specialist (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free coffee and sometimes lunch.
Cons: micro-managers.
Worked there for 6 years let go because the job title and responsibilities changed. In the beginning they were great and treated you like an adult. Then they started to micro manage. Overall a decent company I guess. Better for management position than an employee.
An average company
Software Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2014
Job culture is about average. Company has a good IT department. Not very many opportunities for advancement.
Good Fun Work
Configuration Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: organized events
Cons: schedule can vary depending on productivity
A typical day at work in CDW is building PC systems and troubleshooting any errors as well as configuring the host for the intended use. The environment is really friendly and every section of this company is in one way or another connected so its easy to interact with co-workers or managers from another section. It's always busy which is nice unless – more... you take your time you might need to speed up depending on the number of tickets. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CDW

CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW – Read more