CDW

CDW United States Employee Reviews

Fun, Relaxed Environment
Executive Account Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 14, 2015
Pros: Meals, Not Micro Managed
Cons: I don't have any cons to consider.
It's a great place to work, a lot of events, contests, and catered meals. I have the best manager I could ask for... I'm looking for my next road path, looking to stay in the same industry, working for a manufacturer, or within the distribution channel.
Fun environment for recent college graduates
CORPORATE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 13, 2015
CDW is a good entry level sales job, with many recent graduates, and a excellent sales training program. The job however has a low base salary which can lead to high turnover, but high enough commission that leads to many earning a high salary in their second year.
Expect to work long hours
Contract Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 5, 2015
It's a fast growing company but you will get burned out. Management seldom listens to the complaints of their employees they focus on what can be delivered.
OK place to work
Product Manager (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: work/life
Cons: pay or lack thereof
If you're not in sales or senior management, the pay here is beyond low. Everyone is dissatisfied with their pay and thinks they deserve more, but this is actually about 60-70% of market/industry salary. Benefits are standard/good. Work life is pretty good.

The work itself varies and keeps you interested. Communication down from leadership is often lacking and/or leads to wild speculation. They claim to know this and want to be more transparent but then turn around and are vague/political/secretive almost immediately after saying it. Doesn't bother me much, but it's an objective observation.
Good Starting Company
Account Manager- Southwest Territory (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 2, 2015
Great place for entry level sales. You can earn as much as you want no capped pay. Managers are there to help you succeed and make money.
Fast paced and fun place to work.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: best break room i've ever seen.
Cons: they layoff employees.
Order fulfillment, and computer configuration all in under one roof. This is the largest warehouse I have seen in Las Vegas. The aisles are all three stories high.
engaging, great training program
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2015
high turnover rate, but high energy and fun workplace. lots of college students straight from college start here. teams and management seemed to change often, leaving teams a bit confused
Unified Communications Consultant
Senior UC Engineer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: interesting work environment
Cons: not always busy in pittsburgh area
Providing technical support for customers upgrading current Cisco VoIP system or implementing a new Cisco VoIP system.
It is what you make of it.
Executive Account Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 2, 2015
If you are a hard worker there is no cap that you can hit. Your salary is dependent on how hard you work. Top makers crack 6 figures and you can easily do that within your first 5 years.
Fun and Friendly Place
Configuration Center Team Leader (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fun place
Good Place to Start a career. Place for growth and develop new skills. Plenty of other options and departments. Good place to meet and discover new friends
Busy place but good work environment
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, IllinoisJanuary 29, 2015
Working at CDW was a good learning and work experience. My co-workers were respectful and completed their tasks. I learned to balance my work life and my job life. It was a fast environment to be packaging, loading and unloaded at work. I like to stay busy and finish my work; at CDW we were always busy with shipping and receiving.
Productive and fun place to work with great culture
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, family oriented
Cons: pay changes multiple times, bad vendor rep. partnerships
Typical day will be reviewing proposals with clients and providing expert consultative recommendations of our services that best fit their business needs.

Training daily on new technologies to educate our customers on what's trending in their market for IT solutions.

Great co-worker experiences. Very helpful team members.

The hardest part of the job is just being fairly compensated for your efforts and sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job is providing a service to the customer and growing your relationship with the clients.
Great place to learn the ropes in IT sales with room for advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee), ChicagoJanuary 23, 2015
Great work environment and an excellent place to work for those looking for a career in IT sales.
Fun but no room for growth
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, free lunches from vendors, great location
Cons: low change for promotion, low pay for expected work.
This company has a great culture for 20 somethings. The main issue is with growth, there is no room for it.
Had changed over the years
TSM (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILDecember 30, 2014
CDW was a great place to work for. I started in 2000 it was a wonderful place. But for about the past five years it has changed and they treat the office people awful. There is management in departments that have no background in that area. While I would suggest that they are trying to improve that they would look at management teams and better match them up.
productive work place
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: benefits, micromanaged
Good job, poor benefits, no upward mobility.

A lot of responsibility

Low comission
Great Company
Senior Account Executive / Commercial Reseller (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good group of people and products
Cons: big corporate mentality
Very professional corporation with great people to work with. Quota driven with flexible management style. Always working against last years number and pays well with achievement.
Revolving Door
Account Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: vendor events
Cons: compensation structure
Set up to fail. Management has favorites. No option for advancement.
good
Gross Profit Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Mettawa, ILNovember 28, 2014
Great opportunities within the organization. Work environment is pretty fun on both sales and corporate side.
Easy going but uncomfortable
Temporary Employee (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILNovember 25, 2014
The Upper management (supervisor and above) are very supportive of temps and CDW employees and have a great and mature personality. Easy going and easy to work with, very friendly and are able to meet your needs.I always feel relived when they come and check in. As for the Lower management (Team leads and below) they do not know what they are doing. Its a shame that most of the time you have to report to a set up "leaders" that 1. have no sense on how to do their job right. 2. will blame you for a mistake they have made. 3. giving no regard to respect and will make it publicly known that they are scolding you.
The work i'm doing is the only thing that's encouraging me to stay in such hostile, uncomfortable work environment. I am very tolerable person, I will admit and own up to my mistakes and assure that they won't happen again.
I enjoy my co-workers, though to themselves they will give a hand and reach out if you need help, I enjoy working with them. The only enjoyable time is when i get to talk to a supervisor, when i'm going on lunch break, or when i'm working peacefully with my co-worker.

1 2 3 4 5

About CDW

CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW – Read more

CDW Salaries