CEB Employee Reviews in United States

CEB was a letdown
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
I went in with high hopes & came out nothing but disappointed- specifically with management. The culture is super inmature & management lacked any leadership.
Need to be a quick study and adaptable to change
Senior IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GeorgiaJuly 28, 2016
Typical day for me would involve attending many meetings and working long hours to ensure all work was completed

My manager was great but was also stretched very thin. My team was wonderful and I could always rely on them to get their work done

My work life balance was not great and working while on vacation was the norm. This does not happen everywhere within CEB though.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Bad work life balance
Productive and fun place to work
Account Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2016
8:30- 5:30 Job. Great working atmosphere, with great colleagues to help you out if you ever have a problem or question. Management is good, closely work with either an Account management or Sales Executive. Work life balance is the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Culture
Cons
Limited upward mobility
Energetic work environment , fun people to work with
Bussiness Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2016
It is a great place to start your career I the sales environment. It has continually pushed me out of my boundaries and has allowed me to become a more productive and efficient worker. Having said that, the management there is as all high pressure sales environment. It is an all right position if you don't mind dialing 100 times a day and pitching all day over the phone.
Cons
Management is poor
Awesome team, challenging work
Program Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 2, 2016
The work in the CEB project is amazing, challenging and gives opportunities to be focused but creative every day. From having barely any people we grew to 15 members in the team in three years and completed work volume normally handled by twice as many people

The one thing that I have never understood is the lack of possibility to arrange work hours more flexibly and integrate suitable technology. If we would have been allowed to work at least part time from home (50/50) it would be the most ideal project ever.

I am glad to have been a part of it and will always cherish it
Pros
Great team, good compensation, challenging assignments
Cons
old fashioned work hours, unfit IT systems
N/a
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 30, 2016
It's a cool career startup for a recent college graduate. Nice company culture and learning experience. Not for everyone but the right candidate or employee can be successful doing what is expected.
Dysfunctional organization working for a good cause
Account Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 17, 2016
Lots of office politics here. Highly dysfunctional. Everything takes lightyears to get done. Processes they use are archaic. Overall, the charity does make a difference in a lot of people's lives. They just need to fix themselves and they will make an even bigger impact.
Ceb
IT Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 5, 2016
CEB is an ok company. I started there almost a year ago. Not a lot of room for advancement. Especially after earning my CISSP.
Great place to start!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
Really loved the culture and people at CEB. It's such a great place to learn and grow - you can really do a lot! Management is great, and if you are a hard worker, you can go far.
benefits
Great Benefits, Lacking Career Advancement
Sales (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2016
Overall CEB is a great company to work for and to get professional work experience. They pride themselves on hiring the best of the best, including extremely smart and innovative individuals.

The environment is friendly and they offer a great benefits package that is very competitive, however in many departments they lack career advancement.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly environment
Cons
Lacking career advancement
Great Company and Benefits
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 19, 2016
Great company to work for. Salary could be a bit better but the benefits and Paid-time-off are second to none. Positive work environment and great training system. Positive managers and supervisors and everyone is helpful.
Pros
time off
Cons
stressful
Great People, Horrible Business
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2016
There are so many brilliant and kind people working at CEB who support organizations around the world with research and best practices yet CEB does not follow its own guidance.

Horrible career pathing, low pay and poor management at the top.
Manager was not supportive
analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2016
Work in my division often consisted of doing the same thing each day but that might have changed since then. The rah-rah culture was not my favorite.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
career development
Fun
Corporate Executive Board (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAJanuary 6, 2016
Fun but unorganized. Good leadership in some sections but in other departments there is a lot of confusion. Work hours are pretty good except they micro manage a lot.
Great sales training and talented employees
Sr. Account Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at CEB. However, the travel was over the top and advancement opportunities in the Chicago area are limited or non-existent with corporate headquarters being in Virginia. Daily activity included cold calling, presenting to C-level executives, managing team. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and talking with executives across all industries.
Pros
Great management team, great product
Cons
75%+ travel, Advancement opportunities in Chicago
Great culture but poor advancement
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 30, 2015
CEB has a great company culture that promotes work life balance. It's a wonderful place to get your bearings, build a foundation, and network. Networking is a must because promotions are clearly based on who you know. Some teams play favorites more then others.
Pros
company culture, work life balance
Cons
professional growth and promotional opportunities
I have the pleasure of working at CEB and would highly recommend it.
Senior IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 29, 2015
Are you (or someone you know) looking for a new career opportunity in the Washington, DC area? If so, I would highly recommend investigating CEB. I have the pleasure of working at CEB and believe it is a great fit for me during this portion of my career. CEB has great benefits and career development opportunities, is true to its values and is committed to its employees.
Great career springboard
Web developer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 9, 2015
CEB has a young atmosphere. The majority of the employment population are recent graduates. The offices are modern, and if you are willing to "play politics", there's room for advancement.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Micromanagement
Great place to work for a few years
Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAJuly 26, 2015
You'll learn a lot at CEB and work with some very smart people and even sharper clients. The work life balance is also pretty good. The problem is that the work tends to become extremely repetitive after about a year or two and upward mobility is extremely limited. Furthermore, upper management is still treating CEB as if it were a 200 person firm. Growing pains abound including antiquated performance metrics that handicap the company and stale, groupthink from upper management.
Pros
Sharp people, sharp clients, actual strategy work
Cons
Limited upward mobility, poorly run quite frankly
Fun place to work for young professionals
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2015
Fun place to work for young professionals. CEB has good training, but the career path is not as clear as they make it out to be. High turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEB. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8