CEC Employee Reviews

Great Company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 1, 2017
The owners of this company do things the right way good pay treat the workers as if they owned the company as well. great equipment provide good clean trucks. all in all one of the best places i ever worked
Pros
managers
Fun Work Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2017
A typical day at work we bring out the mouse mascot every hour on the 30 dance and throw free tickets to the kids check guest in and out greet them well and hand out the prizes. My management is a kind fun to work with but at the same time serious about the work and how things are done. The hardest part about the job is at the end when its closing time and the guest dont want to leave and what i enjoy most about the job is seeing the kids have fun
Pros
Discount Lunches, Nice Coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours
very restricted work enviroment; high turn over
Counselor (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILJuly 15, 2017
poor management; very limited opportunities for advancement; very unprofessional work environment; poor training of new staff; limited respect for dedicated long term members of the team;
Pros
job security
Cons
limited progressive change and success
No direction or authority
Birthday Party Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 19, 2017
I would check what position i cover and what duties i had then grab my radio and keys and lanyard clock in make sure i had everything i needed for my shift
Cons
managers, benefits, schedule, treatment
it was good company we got three breaks
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXMay 29, 2017
I work for cec for five years I was on for perdim because our numbers to low but I work like I was on full time I didn't have insurance with them I work nights I pass out razors pass out toilet paper counted four times feed once
Pros
got three breaks a shift
Cons
had no insurance
Good Job
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mayo, FLApril 10, 2017
Overall not a bad job. However, trying to help the inmates find a stable track in life to get on was frowned upon by my supervisor. She felt the environment was not suitable for me.
student coordination
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 4, 2017
outbound calls to prospective students. the goal was to get the students suited with an advisor that would help them to further their interest in returning to college
fast pace fun workplace productive
Game Room Attendant/ bus boy (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 1, 2017
i learned a lot from this being my first job
i would deal with any customers from a child to a parent
i learned how games work how to run food bus tables keep a good rhythm going basically multitasking a lot its stressful at times but the day goes by faster when busy
Pros
crew members friendly
Cons
no free lunch on break
Good for a first job, but not much else
Game Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 20, 2017
As a game room attendant, you are more responsible for cleaning than you are for the games. When you're closing, you don't have time to do any sort of servicing that takes more than five minutes, if that's what you're looking for in this job. One of the worst parts is being forced to fit into your schedule the ten minutes used for "waking up" Chuck E, which makes it infinitely harder to get anything done.

The management is great at my store, but I have heard of other locations that aren't so lucky. They were readily willing to work around my schedule, increase/decrease hours, etc. The only issue I have with scheduling is the blatant stripping down of labor. We have the bare minimum of staff at any given time, and on the more busy days, you're expected to do the dishes, wake up Chuck E, sweep your floors, clean your tables, all at the same time. It's exhausting, and results in a much worse experience for the customers as well.

While it does teach you a lot about customer service, time management, and cleaning, this is not a good long-term job to have. If you don't get any offers to become a manager/asst. technical manager, then I wouldn't recommend more than a year or two, because it gets very exhausting and boring.
Pros
Good advancement, good management
Cons
Tight scheduling, exhausting at times, closing is very tedious
Fun workplace with games
Chuck E Cheese (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
At Chuck E. Cheese's I learned how to give good service to the customers. I was a cashier so basically the guests experience depended on how well I welcomed them. The hardest part of my job wa solving up from just a cashier, I ended up being in charge of my whole area, I would always most of the time be the one to take orders and having to make sure the wall was filled with toys for prizes. Although it was a fun place, it was a beautiful experience working with kids, it was very stressful.
Pros
Eating pizza
Cons
Short breaks
Very productive and a fun place to work
Owner Operator, Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2016
I learned a lot working with this company, it allowed me to become more of a team leader as well as a good employee. Great manager and employee work environment
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
colleagues and students make my job worthwhile
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2016
micro managed company, always waits to the last minute to notify staff of inspections, and new procedures that need to b implemented i.e. paperwork or changes in rules or policies does not supply the teachers or staff with necessary tools to be effective in their position no breaks , under paid, and scrutinized if you argue their way of doing things.
Pros
its a job pays on time
Cons
no breaks, low support, low pay
ok
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2016
Good learning experience. Nice people . Supervisers were nice and helpful. nothing bad to say about this place, felt lucky to have a job to support myself and family.
Challenging and very fast paced
Customer Support Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAOctober 15, 2016
To many changes in direction with little time to adjust. Being a technician was OK, but being in middle management was very stressful and challenging.
Good small company.
electric industrial I/E contractor (Former Employee) –  Sinton, TXJune 10, 2016
It is good when they are busy. Hiring process is incredible quick, the people is great, the owner is very good person and very experienced..
Great job .... for a guy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 4, 2016
My position had a lot of room for growth; however, the owner and several managers have issues with females. The turnover rate for females is ridiculous and the only other female there, my boss, has to walk on egg shells and is terrified she will lose her job at any time. Now, for a guy, it is great. Very low turnover rate and they are treated well. Great pay, benefits, and hours were a plus.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
owner and managers have issues with women
It an ok company
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Norridge, ILMay 10, 2016
I like the job so far. No complaints. A typical day would be to come in and get right on the phones answering calls from potential students wanting to enroll in our universities.
Fun place and fun people
Gameroom attendant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 5, 2016
A lot of responsibility as one person but fun workplace and people and manager. Some days there were to much pressure put onto our work areas.
Pros
Fun people and managaer
Cons
A lot of work for one person but wasn't to bad
A good place to interact with the different types of cultures. A different experience.
I help assist the shift Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXFebruary 26, 2016
You can learn the way the different people from other countries live. The different lifestyles and the dangers they face. You have so many different personalities. You have to have good people skills.
Productive and a fun place to work
National Admissions Advisor B (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 18, 2016
CEC is a great corporation with a competitive compensation and benefits package. The only downfall I can see is no room for advancement!
Pros
Overtime, culture and Team oriented
Cons
advancement