CEC Employee Reviews

Great job .... for a guy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 4, 2016
My position had a lot of room for growth; however, the owner and several managers have issues with females. The turnover rate for females is ridiculous and the only other female there, my boss, has to walk on egg shells and is terrified she will lose her job at any time. Now, for a guy, it is great. Very low turnover rate and they are treated well. Great pay, benefits, and hours were a plus.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
owner and managers have issues with women
It an ok company
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Norridge, ILMay 10, 2016
I like the job so far. No complaints. A typical day would be to come in and get right on the phones answering calls from potential students wanting to enroll in our universities.
Fun place and fun people
Gameroom attendant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 5, 2016
A lot of responsibility as one person but fun workplace and people and manager. Some days there were to much pressure put onto our work areas.
Pros
Fun people and managaer
Cons
A lot of work for one person but wasn't to bad
A good place to interact with the different types of cultures. A different experience.
I help assist the shift Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXFebruary 26, 2016
You can learn the way the different people from other countries live. The different lifestyles and the dangers they face. You have so many different personalities. You have to have good people skills.
Productive and a fun place to work
National Admissions Advisor B (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 18, 2016
CEC is a great corporation with a competitive compensation and benefits package. The only downfall I can see is no room for advancement!
Pros
Overtime, culture and Team oriented
Cons
advancement
great stepping stone
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornton, PAJanuary 11, 2016
the company is alright to work for. For the most part co-workers are great to get along with. Typical work day is filled with lots of paperwork, contacting courts, and computer use.
Pros
great hours
Cons
health insurance is really high and don't give enough merit raises
a typical dy at work
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXOctober 29, 2015
I did learn a great deal through the company, this company has changed hands 3 times in the eight years I was there,which is now MTC. I felt as this company started loosing the security I once had,
very fun and fast paced work environment
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2015
on the bright side I really enjoyed the overall environment of the place. I loved working with the parents and the kids and helping throw parties with my fellow co-workers. I had a lot of fun working here. But unfortunately the hours and pay in which they give their party host was not efficient.
Pros
free lunch, free play, discounts
Cons
little pay, very little hours
Therapeutic Community for Integration
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJSeptember 28, 2015
Mandated state prisoners and residents. The target demographic was prisoners with 18 months or less left on their overall jail sentence. Resident assistance, training, and lecturing where the 3 areas of focus. Very strict guideline dictated by New Jersey state of Corrections. The most enjoyable part of the job was graduation for the residents, and working along some of my best friends in the state of New Jersey.
Pros
Directly affecting my childhood neighborhood in Jersey City, New Jersey
Cons
The wear and tear of recividism
Great company
Engineering-Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2015
Great company I really enjoy working there. Great management and working environment. A attention to detail and customer service are the core values to this company
poor leadership but fulfilling on personal level.
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 3, 2015
Poor leadership, however fulfilling job, overworked and understaffed, able to help those in need and to build solid friendships among those around you.
Pros
opens doors to other job oppurtunities
Cons
poor leadership
Was a good job, learned a lot about people.
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Groesbeck, TXJuly 1, 2015
Management was great at CEC, Basically everyday work was just following a routine. and Learn gun safety, defensive training, but mostly learned a lot about people and different ways of life.
Cons
They closed downs, rules about family that are behind bars.
fun working place
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Kearny, NJJune 25, 2015
you value customers and treat all customers with respect and patience at all times .... the management is very professional and very helpful and value the company policy...
I have enjoyed working at CEC.
IRC (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2015
I have enjoyed workind at CEC with the Supervisor and my co-workers. My team is family oriented. I get along well with others. I sit at the computer taking multiple Inbound calls. The hardest part is when I have an influx of calls. Sometimes they can be difficult, especially if I have an irate student. I have learned how to calm the student down and still get them over to Admissions. What I enjoy most is the friendliness of the work place. There is no disruption or bad tempers. Everyone is a joy to work with.
Typical first job
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 2, 2015
This job consisted of fixing arcade games and delivering food to table and keeping everything clean and sanitary. It was a lot of hard work and we rarely got breaks that were within the reasonable amount of time as per the state laws.
Great Environment
Team builder (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Excellent Place to work.
Manager was great.
Co-Workers are fun.
Helping students go to school was fun.
Different work hours.
Learned how to help students with online education.
Pros
fun environment
I enjoy working with people.
Certified Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAFebruary 10, 2015
I work with people who needs government support, mainly for Medi-Cal, food stamp etc. Our organization is a non profit.
Entertaining and fun work environment
Birthday Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Interacting with the customers and being encouraged to have fun while you work made the time go by fast. The kids who came into Chuck E. Cheese always had a great time which made it easier to work there.
Pros
discounts and free lunches
Cons
pay
Too many hours
Operations Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2014
It was a place where you could get to know a lot of different people from different situations...staff and residents
easy job
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXOctober 25, 2014
I watch over multiple inmates. The management is not consistant.I really enjoy working with my crew. Dealing with unruly inmates is the most difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the people on my shift work good together.
Pros
insurance is great
Cons
no raises after you are certified

2.9