CED Employee Reviews

Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 12, 2016
Management shifts all problems onto the little people that do most the work .

Had no faith after 4years that I would go anywhere with the company.
It was a fun place to work at and really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSSeptember 19, 2016
I was in the shipping and receiving area. I drove to McPherson twice a week and was busy Most of the time. Some days slower then others. They work very well with you if you have something going on.
Would not recommend
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2016
Would not recommend working for this company. The company has a high replacement in the warehouse and has many safety issues.
Benefits
Cons
Job security and safety issues
BalanCED
SalesForce.com Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 7, 2016
good co-workers, well support from boss, No proper management, No HR, good location, flexible hours, small team.
I was for short term, they have unique business style so technical development is little challenging.
Pros
colleagues, lunches, support
Cons
small office, not proper facilities
N/a
Warehouse Tech (Current Employee) –  Pasadena Gardens, TXJune 6, 2016
Pros

Interesting field to work in. Fantastic support system in terms of a family environment and other profit centers assisting one another. Give you the tools you need to succeed. Profit Sharing once a year is a bonus.

Cons

Your experience is completely dependent upon which profit center you are at. Can feel like an endless and thankless job at times. No accountability for mistakes

Advice to Management

Pay your good employees what they're worth. It's a tough industry and finding good help is hard enough. Having to train new employees is both time and resource consuming, all to save a few thousand $'s a year.
Busy and friendly workplace.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working at CED. Employees were happy and management had been encouraging and supportive in many ways. It made for excellent customer service.
Pros
driving to different places delivering parts
Cons
temporary employment
Productive and Busy
Wire Cutter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Its a very busy environment but other than that its a good place to work at,
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, off weekends, very flexible.
Productive and friendly workplace.
Clerical Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at this job would be working from 6 a.m to 5 p.m everyday. Doing the same thing over and over. I learned how to work with other people and I learned how to properly manage my money and time. My co-workers are understanding and patient when people mess up. The hardest part of the job is helping customers that don't speak English. The most enjoyable part is being in the office with everyone, we always have a good time and my co-workers are hilarious.
Pros
You can take lunch when you want.
Cons
You don't really have a "break"
Job good, management bad
Warehouse Worker/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 21, 2014
I was only allowed 40 hours a week exactly. I had mandatory one hour lunches, no shorter no longer. I did enjoy my job but I never got a raise even when I "moved" up the ladder,
Fun While It Lasted
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 5, 2014
I was originally hired by Yale Electric. I always found it an enjoyable place to work. It started as a fairly easy job and as time went on, I was given more responsibilities. They even trained me in accounts payable to cover for a coworker out on medical leave. When the position opened up, they offered it to me first. I do have to say, that although my position was eliminated, I would go back if they asked.
Difficult company to work for
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 17, 2014
Unless you are a management trainee, there is NO room for advancement. This is something that becomes universally known after you work at the company for a few months. There is no job training, no product training, You are in a "Sink or Swim" environment. You have little to no Management guidance/interaction due to the fact that it is a very small office. Each person has great responsibility.

You have to feel secure in your position, which is not something that you get with CED.
Well established company, great co-workers
technical products specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2014
assisting customers with technical training, products or service. maintaining customer data base and literature library, hardest part sometimes was trying to find parts for service exchange..Great team to work with in the technical products group
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
finding technicians and parts for customers
no review
Wireroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 14, 2014
no review for this company, management changed at the end of my time here so it wouldnt be fair to offer an opinion.
Will work you hard and not pay well in the name of profit sharing
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 14, 2013
It is known throughout the industry that CED doesn't pay extremely well. They can get away with it due to their profit sharing model. So when your profit sharing gets there it takes 35% in taxes versus the 22% normally. This also means they do not put any money they don't have to into the local Profit Centers to make sure to enlarge their profit sharing. All of this can be good if it is something that you like. I would rather work with equipment made in this century and not have to pay such high taxes when I do finally get paid for what I am doing.
Pros
Leading in the industry, autonomy so it doesn't feel like a big corporation
Cons
pay structure, old equipment, mandatory overtime
Old School, slow to progress, but easy going
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 25, 2013
The best co-workers in the business. There wasn't anything extremely difficult about the job. The work day usually flowed easily with very little management input. You had to be self sufficient and be able to managed your own time.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
under managed, except in crisis, then over-managed
small warehouse with lots to do
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2013
beginning the day with pulling small orders, then making the larger order, packaging order. Putting orders on trucks. Management was fair. co-workers are like everywhere else. Some easy to work with,,, some a little difficult. Making sure everyone did their part. getting a very nice bonus check every year.
Pros
5 day week 40 hrs
Cons
Inventory when it was hot. No a/c
Difficult Place to Succeed at.
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Delaware/ Columbus Ohio July 2, 2013
a typical day at work: selling, managing jobs, purchasing, multi-tasking, customer service, receiving material. I learned how to run a small business and what profit and loss margins are.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no independence or creative thinking
was an ok company to work for,
Warehouse/Driver/Counter/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 18, 2013
the people working there was very nice and supportive.just didn't think management used me to their advantage.with my ability to do purchasing and other jobs.
Sales. Very interesting
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 30, 2012
Business Development and account management. We were helping major companies go green.
not enough training
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)October 1, 2011
very poor morale, employees very unhappy, turn around on this company is high!