CED Employee Reviews

great place to work
Warehouse /Driver /Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 13, 2017
ced is a great place to work. very flexible in scheduling and hours required to work. my direct supervisor is fair and willing to work with me on any issues
Pros
flexible
Cons
not much advancement
No Comment
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CASeptember 24, 2017
The only complain I can have that there is no advancement exists for the years you will be working there. As a product manager I learned a lot because that was the nature of my job. But they are very basics in work force development.
Great Comany
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I would love to go back and work for CED, I got laid off / fired because I did not let them know I got arrested, but everything is done and I have my license back and ready to go to work
Pros
great company
Cons
wanted more money and can do more time
great place to work
Electrical Distributor (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAAugust 29, 2017
great place to work. fast paced, will keep busy and will always have some sort of project to do. great people and will learn a lot about the industry while working.
Fun yet very active
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 23, 2017
On a typical day get to work early, look through paper work and begin pulling orders for customers. Learn lots of electrical material and whats the purpose of them. I enjoy the drive and deliver to jobsites and all across town. Hardest part would be trying to load heavy spools of wire on a big flat bed. Enjoyed my coworkers and the talks and lunches.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of orders
Excellent customer experience
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2017
"One of the better training programs and great pay structure" (in 7 reviews)
"This organization stays on the cutting edge of sleep technology and leads the industry in excellent customer service"
CED is not just a Job, it's a career!
I have held many positions locally (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2017
Great Company to work for!
I have been with CED for over 30 years and CED is a great company to build a career with,

Days may be long sometimes but you get out of it what you put into it. Profit Sharing is part of your compensation and it is merit based. You reap the rewards personally for your individual effort, that is a plus as poor performers are not compensated as well.

The poor reviews about this company just do not fit what I have experienced. Each location operates with most decisions made locally, poor financial or management decisions made in one location will not have a financial impact on another location when it comes to profit sharing compensation.

Pros
Great opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Long work hours but if you enjoy your Job that is not a problem.
Friendly and always want to go to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 2, 2017
Easy to work with the conworkers are really easy to get along with I've been working for almost two years and I love doing what I do get to see a lot of places
Excellent place to work
Marketing/Sales (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 19, 2017
i have worked for CED for quiet sometime and would recommend it to anybody that i talked to. Great people and great opportunities with over 600 locations all over the US.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay
Good
Counter Sales/Special Account Sales (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 19, 2017
The manager is a great man and really cares about his employees. Over all the company is good. .......................................................
Sales oriented family work environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
A lot of work which is done by just a few employees. The work is interesting and enjoyable, but it is completed by few while others get a free pass to not complete their work. Compensation is centered around annual profit sharing which is extremely top heavy. Management is slow in decisions, not replacing departed employees or adding talent to grow the business.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Compensation
They just want you to focus on work not much else.
Technician- Valley Children's Hospital (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 23, 2017
It was just a job to pay bills nothing more. I wouldn't recomend working there if you have other choices availible. Only in dire need. A former employee sued the place for lack for not getting full breaks. And instead of full breaks they installed automated clocks which force you to say whether you got all your breaks or not before you can clock out at the end of your shift. And if you say you didn't you have to go through a series of questions explaining why you didn't when you are trying to leave and possibly have a line of people behind you either trying to end or start there shift. That's just one example. It's just not a good place to work in general.
Pros
Few.
Cons
No life.
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 12, 2016
Management shifts all problems onto the little people that do most the work .

Had no faith after 4years that I would go anywhere with the company.
It was a fun place to work at and really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSSeptember 19, 2016
I was in the shipping and receiving area. I drove to McPherson twice a week and was busy Most of the time. Some days slower then others. They work very well with you if you have something going on.
Would not recommend
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2016
Would not recommend working for this company. The company has a high replacement in the warehouse and has many safety issues.
Benefits
Cons
Job security and safety issues
BalanCED
SalesForce.com Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 7, 2016
good co-workers, well support from boss, No proper management, No HR, good location, flexible hours, small team.
I was for short term, they have unique business style so technical development is little challenging.
Pros
colleagues, lunches, support
Cons
small office, not proper facilities
N/a
Warehouse Tech (Current Employee) –  Pasadena Gardens, TXJune 6, 2016
Pros

Interesting field to work in. Fantastic support system in terms of a family environment and other profit centers assisting one another. Give you the tools you need to succeed. Profit Sharing once a year is a bonus.

Cons

Your experience is completely dependent upon which profit center you are at. Can feel like an endless and thankless job at times. No accountability for mistakes

Advice to Management

Pay your good employees what they're worth. It's a tough industry and finding good help is hard enough. Having to train new employees is both time and resource consuming, all to save a few thousand $'s a year.
Busy and friendly workplace.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working at CED. Employees were happy and management had been encouraging and supportive in many ways. It made for excellent customer service.
Pros
driving to different places delivering parts
Cons
temporary employment
Productive and Busy
Wire Cutter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Its a very busy environment but other than that its a good place to work at,
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, off weekends, very flexible.
Productive and friendly workplace.
Clerical Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at this job would be working from 6 a.m to 5 p.m everyday. Doing the same thing over and over. I learned how to work with other people and I learned how to properly manage my money and time. My co-workers are understanding and patient when people mess up. The hardest part of the job is helping customers that don't speak English. The most enjoyable part is being in the office with everyone, we always have a good time and my co-workers are hilarious.
Pros
You can take lunch when you want.
Cons
You don't really have a "break"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CED. Our community is ready to answer.