CEDA

CEDA Employer Reviews

Oppurtunity for knowledge
Social Worker/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2014
• Used customer service skills while answering phone
• Learned to multitask and adjust to fast paced situation
• Trained to operate different computer operating systems
• Community outreach of relations at events
• Processed customers government utility grants
My present job I work as a customer services rep in a non-profit organization. It's OK but not my primary job clasification. Presently looking for job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), down-town central Chicago IL.July 18, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the outdoors and the flexibility of creating my own work schedules.
Cons: even though i like construction it does have it's draw-backs and that it is very hard work.
I am a people person, I don't mind working with people and I am very good with quality customer care. But what I really like to do is work with my hands, building or repairing properties, commercial or residencial. So if I were to rate job discriptions it would in construction and/or building maintenance.
nice and culm
customer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2014
Pros: easy work flo
Cons: only worked a few hours a week
listing to peolpe in need of help with there light and gas bill being paid by the government grants. Translate to customers information they may need or have any questions with there application.
Major change needs to happen
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: unprofessional upper management
Many of the people who work here are really great. Unfortunately upper management needs a change.
Not organized and poor management
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
A typical day is not consistent, new unknown projects become urgent at anytime. Management allows personal issues to conflict with work. I did not enjoy working here.
Great Environment
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILMay 19, 2014
Friendly and easy flow place to work in. The Health care providers were very professional in their positions and where very helpful while i was a temp in their office.
Productive and Work fun
Mail Clerk/ Verification (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: 1hr lunch break
Cons: short breaks
I really like that job, and it was productive. I enjoy this work environment and enjoying in taking and helping people change lives.
Ok, place to work
Appeals Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great fulfillment assisting needy families
Cons: low possibility of advancing
I enjoyed the duties of the job, I learned a lot about community engagement and assisting the community.
It was very productive and fun to work at and the people there were great people to work with.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
Days at work were pretty slow at time but there were other days that were really busy also, I've learned that I can work very hard when i set my mind on things and make things unique.I enjoyed every part of my job because I love working with people and love gaining more skills that can help me later on in life.
Non-Profit
Volunteer Recruiter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Pros: we do help the client
Cons: we help the client
Helping the client, also not appreciated by some the clients. The last couple of years no raise, bonus, or COLA.
Bad communication throughout company.
Office Assistant (Accounts Payable) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: long breaks, location.
Cons: no benefits, poor communication.
Co-workers were friendly and inviting, learned about accounts payable, management was not very organized, the hardest part of the job was being divided between the accountants, the most enjoyable part was accomplishing the goals we set as a team.
Good place to learn
Verification Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Pros: helping the community and its a 8:30 to 5:00
Cons: short lunches
I have a good time at my job; my most enjoyable part of my job is helping the people of the community. Management is ok but it has changed twice since I have been here. I love working with people so my coworkers are great, I learned that life is about helping people in need and not about a check.
Productive and has it's challenges with clients
Customer Service/Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
Will assist clients on our services we have that could help them. If an issue arises, will try to assist them as much as possible.
People Orientent
Intake Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
Assisted low income families by completing a recommended application to receive government assistance with light and gas bills.
Very nice place to work
Assessor / Final Inspector Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, cell phone and laptop
Cons: sometimes very long hours.
I really enjoy working at Ceda, because I meet new people every day and I faced different challenges with a wide variety of housing stock and constuction types. As our motto is "Helping People and Changing Lives."
Nonprofit
Social Worker/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2012
Filled with fantastic busy days.Learned alot about properties.
Fun Workplace...
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: made alot of good freinds, especially one...
Cons: only a temp job! got laid off three weeks before xmas!
Made alot of good freinds that I still facebook today! I loved it! Went downtown everyday. The adventure was GREAT!
Open-minded and diverse workplace
Bilingual WIC Nutritionist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2012
On a daily basis, I counsel clients one-on-one and in class settings about various nutrition topics. I attend monthly staff meetings and finish daily reports to ensure program quality. I have learned various nutrition regulatory issues that I have translated into understandable language for my clientele.
Fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ford Heights, ILJuly 31, 2012
Pros: mentoring the youth
Cons: underdeprived youths
Working with the youth was a bit of a challange, because some had no life skills experience. After working with the student a developed a relationship that was bulit on trust and respect and commitment to strive for goals.
Good work enviorment, day went by quick, this job let me help others.
Senior Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2012
I worked anywhere from 8 to 12 hour days, Monday's through Friday's and if needed Saturday also. I would check my voicemail, call clients & utility companies, verified documents, also helped with intake at front desk when a client wanted to speak to a supervisor, I was one of two team leads who would answer questions, train 50 to 70 employees on the – more... Liheap system, & help with some computer issues. This position was a great learning experience, I have basic training in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint, I had to keep up with the documents because the criteria would or could change each year. My bosses and co-workers were easy and fun to work with.
The hardest part of this job was having to tell someone that I could not help them. The best part of this job was doing intake at events and being able to help families in need. – less

About CEDA

One of the largest private non-profit organizations in the country, CEDA serves 240,000 Cook County residents annually. Over forty – Read more