CEDA Employee Reviews in United States

Job was okay.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2015
Some of the co-workers were pleasant to work with. The job had fairly good benefits like health, dental and vision insurance as well as life insurance. It also had vacation, sick and Personal Business Leave.
very productive in helping out the community
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILApril 10, 2016
assist people in paying utility bills as long as they were within the income guidelines. Co-workers are friendly. Clients are so appreciative when you're able to help them out. It was difficult when a family was over income and could not get any assistance. Unfortunately this position was gone when the stat funds ran out.
Pros
helping out the people in the community
Cons
temporary situation, no bonuses
Ceda
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working for CEDA. My manager was the best, good compensation, great PTO and sick days. When they hired a group of people, the employees that were there for years became intimidated so it caused a lot of strife and office drama.

The job security was not the best because they ended up down sizing.
Pros
training classes
Cons
Office drama
Good company and government funded
Quality Assurance Partnership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2016
This organization is a Non-for-Profit funded by the federal and state government. However the state controls the distribution of both funding resources. Due to the current state of Illinois' government, the organization is not stable.
Working with women and children
Certified Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day would be counseling mom's and children on concerns about thier diet or growth and what can be done to correct any issues. Depending on the day, we may see 40-70 clients/d. Co-workers keep the day moving by doing what needs to be done while smiling and laughing. Almost like a family. The hardest part of the job would be a very upset client that may have had a rough day and is taking it out on you or a coworker. But, you have to put yourself in thier shoes sometimes and try to work out the problem as calmly as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the happy children, seeing the beautiful infants and hearing that we are helping another client, or another family with the resources that is available from WIC.
Pros
days off for major holidays
Cons
not for profit public health= lower salary
Productive environment for helping others in immediate need.
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Calumet Park, ILMay 3, 2012
A typical day at work involved me helping clients get assistance with their utility bills. I learned that everyone has their own story and no matter what people go through, some of them continue to smile through hard times. Management was ok, the rules were changed daily. My co-workers were excellent, very friendly and helpful with anything that I needed. The hardest part of the job was seeing people cry to be honest. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I was a part of helping a family get their bills under control or at least down some to where they could manage them.
Pros
having my own office.
Cons
no benefits
Learning made
Head (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 9, 2012
A typical day at CEDA consists of a loving environment where you felt like you belong, happy staff (co-workers and management), you were more of a family that was your home not your work place. You walk into the classroom and greeted by co-workers,children and sometimes the children family(ies).
I learned while working at CEDA is that the myth that all women can't work together because they won't be able to get along is not true, we all got along fine, and respected each other.
Management at CEDA was great, management would walk into the classroom and acknowledge your appearance, not just saying hello, but holding a conversation about the children art on the walls anything that may have happened on her way to work, sometimes she would ask about your family at home, how you are doing?.
The hardest part of this job, I would have to say was not having the training to work with children who was diagnosis with either a learning disability or illness and didn't have the training to work with them.
The most enjoyable part of this job is making friends, being appraised for your work, the trainings that enhanced my knowledge of how to be a better teacher and knowing that I had a part in teaching children social and academic skills that would help them in our world.
Pros
friendships, respect, and the hours.
Cons
not having the proper training
Bad communication throughout company.
Office Assistant (Accounts Payable) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Co-workers were friendly and inviting, learned about accounts payable, management was not very organized, the hardest part of the job was being divided between the accountants, the most enjoyable part was accomplishing the goals we set as a team.
Pros
long breaks, location.
Cons
no benefits, poor communication.
Nice environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
Verification of the applications received daily.
Data Entry
Filing
Appeals

Great place to work good coworkers, great hours, always a chance for overtime
Great place but no staff support
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 4, 2015
Didn't show much concern about the staff concerns or issues. Not steady work if not funded. No job security for non management.

Want to know more about CEDA?

Ask a question
Worked taking calls, faxes and emails for services offered by CEDA
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
Helping out people & staff completing the paperwork to get the customers qualified for their ComEd or PeoplesGas bills. The Disabilities & 65 and older had the first come, first service done and than a few weeks later if was opened to all others.
Pros
Helping out people
Cons
Budget-cuts
You are able to pick up new skills other than answering the telephone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 19, 2015
This was a nice working position. I learned some bookkeeping. Was able to register clients for medical assistance. Did data entry and filed. The best part of this job was helping others and meeting new people,
Non-Profit
Volunteer Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Helping the client, also not appreciated by some the clients. The last couple of years no raise, bonus, or COLA.
Pros
we do help the client
Cons
we help the client
Friendly staff
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJune 15, 2012
This job position benefits my college career, I helped planned community forums and interacted daily with helping people
More employee engagment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2015
The work place was overcrowded and created a very gloomy work day for me. I learned a lot from my supervisor who took me under her wing and showed me the ropes. I definitely miss my co-workers who shared wisdom and expertise.
first job 16 years old
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  chicago heights, ILJune 27, 2012
Receptionist
Typing
Filing
Coordinating events
Answering telephones
Pros
seasonal
Cons
no benefits
Fast paced and fun
Verifier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
To be more observant. One of the hardest part of the job to me, was that everyone wasnt eligible for help. My ex-coworkers were always willing to lend a helping hand and very patient people.
staff was great
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Ceda is no longer existing it lost it's funding this year and shut all Ceda school. The staff was great very out going people.
Nice enviroment great co workers
Verifier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2015
I learned how to verify an application great staff the upper management was not the great didn't like to speak. Overall good job
Pros
great breaks
Cons
no turn over rate low wages
Seasonal but rewarding
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Norris City, ILFebruary 4, 2015
typical day spent in lab analyzing trends in chemical treatment.
I learned why power plants MUST clean their boilers regularly.
Mid-management personnel were good, upper management were typical bean counters with little or no regard for the little guys.
Coworkers were the greatest, plus very knowledgeable.
Pros
work 3 months off 3 months
Cons
work 3 months off 3 months

2.9