CEDA Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Fuel Funds Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
CEDA is a Non-profit agency that assists low income families with life sustaining assistance such as their utility bills, housing, WIC and many others. I learned many new things working here, I loved the idea of being able to help others in their time of need. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone.
Pros
Love the work
Cons
Short lunch break
It's ok
Head Start Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed working here but they let us go due to budgeting. I worked in the preschool setting so I did not do the typical work people need with CEDA
Pros
parents, children
Cons
short breaks
Good company and government funded
Quality Assurance Partnership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2016
This organization is a Non-for-Profit funded by the federal and state government. However the state controls the distribution of both funding resources. Due to the current state of Illinois' government, the organization is not stable.
A company with a lot of productivity and excitment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 9, 2016
Working for the company was an awarding experience. The company taught me how to be a professional, follow protocol and procedures. How to enhance my ability to achieve my work goal under pressure, meeting deadlines and work as a team on different projects. My co-workers were absolutely the best.
Pros
Excellent health package, and FMLA
Cons
missing lunch
very productive in helping out the community
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILApril 10, 2016
assist people in paying utility bills as long as they were within the income guidelines. Co-workers are friendly. Clients are so appreciative when you're able to help them out. It was difficult when a family was over income and could not get any assistance. Unfortunately this position was gone when the stat funds ran out.
Pros
helping out the people in the community
Cons
temporary situation, no bonuses
Nice environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
Verification of the applications received daily.
Data Entry
Filing
Appeals

Great place to work good coworkers, great hours, always a chance for overtime
You are able to pick up new skills other than answering the telephone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 19, 2015
This was a nice working position. I learned some bookkeeping. Was able to register clients for medical assistance. Did data entry and filed. The best part of this job was helping others and meeting new people,
Worked taking calls, faxes and emails for services offered by CEDA
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
Helping out people & staff completing the paperwork to get the customers qualified for their ComEd or PeoplesGas bills. The Disabilities & 65 and older had the first come, first service done and than a few weeks later if was opened to all others.
Pros
Helping out people
Cons
Budget-cuts
Job was okay.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2015
Some of the co-workers were pleasant to work with. The job had fairly good benefits like health, dental and vision insurance as well as life insurance. It also had vacation, sick and Personal Business Leave.
More employee engagment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2015
The work place was overcrowded and created a very gloomy work day for me. I learned a lot from my supervisor who took me under her wing and showed me the ropes. I definitely miss my co-workers who shared wisdom and expertise.
Fast paced and fun
Verifier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
To be more observant. One of the hardest part of the job to me, was that everyone wasnt eligible for help. My ex-coworkers were always willing to lend a helping hand and very patient people.
staff was great
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Ceda is no longer existing it lost it's funding this year and shut all Ceda school. The staff was great very out going people.
Great place but no staff support
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 4, 2015
Didn't show much concern about the staff concerns or issues. Not steady work if not funded. No job security for non management.
Ceda
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working for CEDA. My manager was the best, good compensation, great PTO and sick days. When they hired a group of people, the employees that were there for years became intimidated so it caused a lot of strife and office drama.

The job security was not the best because they ended up down sizing.
Pros
training classes
Cons
Office drama
Nice enviroment great co workers
Verifier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2015
I learned how to verify an application great staff the upper management was not the great didn't like to speak. Overall good job
Pros
great breaks
Cons
no turn over rate low wages
Awesome Families
Home Based Educator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
I truly enjoyed the families that I worked with as a home based educator. I truly enjoyed helping families get more independent.
Seasonal but rewarding
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Norris City, ILFebruary 4, 2015
typical day spent in lab analyzing trends in chemical treatment.
I learned why power plants MUST clean their boilers regularly.
Mid-management personnel were good, upper management were typical bean counters with little or no regard for the little guys.
Coworkers were the greatest, plus very knowledgeable.
Pros
work 3 months off 3 months
Cons
work 3 months off 3 months
Working with women and children
Certified Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day would be counseling mom's and children on concerns about thier diet or growth and what can be done to correct any issues. Depending on the day, we may see 40-70 clients/d. Co-workers keep the day moving by doing what needs to be done while smiling and laughing. Almost like a family. The hardest part of the job would be a very upset client that may have had a rough day and is taking it out on you or a coworker. But, you have to put yourself in thier shoes sometimes and try to work out the problem as calmly as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the happy children, seeing the beautiful infants and hearing that we are helping another client, or another family with the resources that is available from WIC.
Pros
Days off for major holidays
Cons
Not for Profit Public Health= lower salary
Oppurtunity for knowledge
Social Worker/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2014
• Used customer service skills while answering phone
• Learned to multitask and adjust to fast paced situation
• Trained to operate different computer operating systems
• Community outreach of relations at events
• Processed customers government utility grants
My present job I work as a customer services rep in a non-profit organization. It's OK but not my primary job clasification. Presently looking for job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  down-town central Chicago IL.July 18, 2014
I am a people person, I don't mind working with people and I am very good with quality customer care. But what I really like to do is work with my hands, building or repairing properties, commercial or residencial. So if I were to rate job discriptions it would in construction and/or building maintenance.
Pros
I enjoy the outdoors and the flexibility of creating my own work schedules.
Cons
Even though I like construction it does have it's draw-backs and that it IS very hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEDA. Our community is ready to answer.