CEDAR CREST HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Enjoyable Place to work
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXMay 12, 2017
Days were always busy. consistently monitoring programs and care patients. Assure that appropriate staffing is being maintained. Conduct reports for agency requirements.
Numbers Don't Lie when it Comes to Money
LVN (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXApril 5, 2017
Clock in, get report, didn't learn too much in orientation, management was all about the numbers even when cottages weren't safe for staff nor patients, the rooms always flooded due to poor construction of the bathrooms/showers, providers were very slow to treat with increased medication dosages if needed, the workplace culture was okay if you had a team that knew how to work together as a team and not back stab to get brownie points with managers that were back stabbers as well, the hardest part of the job was when patients were told they were going home but wasn't able to leave once the hospital found that they had more cover days of the insurance, the most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out to go home and off days.
Pros
3 day weekends rotating, co-workers that know how to work together, clocking out to go home for the day
Cons
No time for breaks, no safety for staff during high pt. acuity, cut-throat by management, providers aren't caring
Great Management and Staff
PRN LMSW Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXAugust 28, 2016
Love Working with this company. It's very intimate and personal. Everyone is professional. Moral seems to be up as well. The CEO cares about his staff.
Busy and High Paced Environment
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXAugust 1, 2015
I enjoy working in a busy and high paced work environment, because I feel that at the end of the day I was able to make a difference in people's lives.
Poor management
Lead Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Belton, txJuly 30, 2015
I worked there for 11 years and LOVED working with patients. The last year I was there management changed and things were changing for the worse. They did not have the patients in mind or in their hearts when they would make decisions. It was all about the money they would receive. Management also played favorites and if you were not on that list of favorites you were forced out of a job. By termination or by forcing MANY people to leave a job they loved and had for many, many years.
Scary
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 30, 2015
was an unsafe place and had no management order. I worked from 7pm to 7am without unscheduled breaks if any at all, the most enjoyably part was helping the patients. the hardest part was keeping them safe and happy due to management issues.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks non communtcation
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXMay 1, 2015
Don't have anything good to say so I wont say it at all. I didn't like working there. no pay, didn't like it nothing at all about this place was worth it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Stressful work environment
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Belton TexasMay 1, 2015
There are never enough staff on duty which makes the job extremely stressful and keeps us out of compliance. The employees are low paid and required to work long hours.
The Worst!!
Unit Clerk/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXApril 6, 2015
This place isn't a very good place to work....... and Ill just leave it at that!! Im suprised that it hasn't been closed down.
Supported EPIC Ambulatory Go Live
EPIC AMBULATORY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 23, 2015
Mulhenberg (the first Lehigh Valley facility I consulted at) was extremely well kept, renovated, the staff and procedures were great, and the EPIC end users were knowledgeable and cared deeply for their patients.
Great place and still expanding.
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXMarch 5, 2015
The Cedar Crest Hospital clinical staff are excellent and their hospital is growing. They seem to value patient safety and care.
The patients are why I come to work.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXApril 20, 2014
This job is not for everyone. This job takes a lot of work but is worth it for the patients sake.
Working Nights is very hard but working with the patients was very rewading.
Mental Health Assosciate (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXApril 8, 2014
Alot of turnover in the hospital created a sense of instbility for me. I enjoyed my fellow employees and the patients. I hate working at night and I know that it did not help my health.
Pros
Working with the patients
Cons
Working at night.
Difficult place to work.
Graduate Nurse -Behavioral Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 17, 2013
The Mental Health Facility was a difficult place to work only due to the shift hours.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Forceful over time
poor situation
Therapist / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXFebruary 3, 2013
hired on at $45000 annually as independently licensed therapist
Pros
working with patients (when there is time), benefits
Cons
low salary, unrealistic job expectations, poor management, limited use of evidence-based practice